Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: May Update: New Premium and Episodic Zones

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

May Update: New Premium and Episodic Zones

Greetings, adventurers!

Today I'm pleased to present information regarding the second premium this month Warlock with a bonus reveal about the upcoming zone and its release cycle.

New Premium Troop: Warlock
    Human, Any, Any - (Unique) Troop
    Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    By mother's eye and father's heart,
    by younger sibling's hair:
    what dark designs have rent apart,
    they also may repair.

By what was lost and what was done
    by family that burned,
    what witch's evil has begun,
    a Warlock will return.
    Attack: 2,000
    Defense: 2,000
    • Proc Description: Hate For Hecate: 10% chance to deal 40,000 damage; Extra 40,000 damage for each Magic owned; Gains 15 Attack and Defense for every Magic owned; Warlock mimics 100% of an active Magic's damage; (Passive): Provides a 1% Legion Bonus for every 2 Magics owned

Warlock will be available starting May 19th, 2017 for 150 PC. He will be available for direct purchase until June 2nd, 2017.

Episodic Zone Release
    This month marks the release of the all new zone Shadows of the Past. This is a full zone and is a continuation of the main storyline focused on the Veil-Walker (aka you!). However the release of this zone is being handled a little differently than how we've handled zone launches in the past. We're applying a new method we call "Episodic Zones".

What is 'episodic zones?'
    This means we're going to release the zone in chunks. Meaning the initial release this month will feature Area 1 of 4 for the new zone. Area 2 will be released the week after, Area 3 the week after that and finally Area 4 the week after that.

Is this how zones will be released going forward?
    We are unsure if this is how we'll handle releases in the future. It really depends on how the community feels about the release and what your overall feedback is.

What's the purpose behind this change?
    As Dawn evolves so too do we. We want to use this opportunity to try a few things out with zones including giving each Area within the zone a bit "more" to make it feel robust and significant. This opens up some interesting design opportunities for us in the future and is something we've been discussing internally for a long time.

How you can help!
    When this process starts we'd love to hear how you feel about it. Does it feel exciting, does it feel different, do you prefer the old style - any feedback you have will be extremely helpful for us moving forward.

Thanks everybody. We hope you're enjoying the Dawnniversary so far!

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Please give us a Relic Pack stocked with old PC magics alongside the release of Warlock.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Does this mean we won't be able to get any AP from the new zone for a month after initial release? Or will there be AP for each segment now?

EDIT: Would it be possible to change how the AP is calculated so that, for this zone at least, any time ANY area is completed on NM, it adds to the AP count?

EDIT#2: If you did that, and also applied it backwards to the older zones, it might become worthwhile to farm for those ****ing Mathala scraps! :P
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Does this mean we won't be able to get any AP from the new zone for a month after initial release? Or will there be AP for each segment now?

EDIT: Would it be possible to change how the AP is calculated so that, for this zone at least, any time ANY area is completed on NM, it adds to the AP count?
    Currently it's looking like you'll need to wait until the 4th area is released. Buuuuut we're actively looking into this system and discussing potential changes. It's too early to say if we will make any changes but we're looking at it.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    But nobody does adventures.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    "giving each Area within the zone a bit "more" to make it feel robust and significant."

I'm guessing this will mean something when the first area is released? Right now I don't know *what* to feel about it because I have no idea what that means, and I guess I'll just have to wait and see what could possibly be done with each Area to have it make more sense to release them slowly.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Please give us a Relic Pack stocked with old PC magics alongside the release of Warlock.
    I agree!!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    up up upvote

A little bit disappointed by how lazy this premium ability be but it still nice just not growth big like Utym and Bosso.

About zone episodic release. I still dont sure the reason behind it. Maybe could just wait and see.

ps. Upvote for relic pack too. But may need to add filter "release date" into magic sorting

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I'm fairly underwhelmed by this prem personally. Currently there are around 140/150 magics in the games which caps this guy out at 4400/4400 and a 70% legion bonus(if 140). Now granted that's not terrible but with the legion bonuses most people have 70% isn't a significant change and the cap on the stats is kinda low compared to some of the other prem troops that have been released recently and magic is kinda the hardest thing to get. Also the 100% magic mimic seems kind of like a joke when you have Grim with 250% almost a year ago. Of course that's a Gen vs. Troop situation but at that 150 pc price tag it doesn't seem like we are getting enough out of it.

Some of the thing's I've heard suggested:
    1. Make it so he can randomly spawn magics from 2016/2015 and earlier like some other prems do with troops and such.
    2. Up the gain per magic from 15 to 30. That moves the cap to 6400 but only if you have all the magics which are fairly hard to obtain.
    3. Make it a 1 to 1 on the legion boost. It's still not game changing for most players who have a decent number of prems and such already.
    Just my thoughts.

Thanks,
    Bob

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    http://prntscr.com/f8lcni

do I need to say it too?
    ok, plus 1 to that

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by WandererofLegend View Post
    I'm fairly underwhelmed by this prem personally. Currently there are around 140/150 magics in the games which caps this guy out at 4400/4400 and a 70% legion bonus(if 140). Now granted that's not terrible but with the legion bonuses most people have 70% isn't a significant change and the cap on the stats is kinda low compared to some of the other prem troops that have been released recently and magic is kinda the hardest thing to get. Also the 100% magic mimic seems kind of like a joke when you have Grim with 250% almost a year ago. Of course that's a Gen vs. Troop situation but at that 150 pc price tag it doesn't seem like we are getting enough out of it.

Some of the thing's I've heard suggested:
    1. Make it so he can randomly spawn magics from 2016/2015 and earlier like some other prems do with troops and such.
    2. Up the gain per magic from 15 to 30. That moves the cap to 6400 but only if you have all the magics which are fairly hard to obtain.
    3. Make it a 1 to 1 on the legion boost. It's still not game changing for most players who have a decent number of prems and such already.
    Just my thoughts.

Thanks,
    Bob
    Are you crazy???
    - Stats not high enough? How many troops exist with that high stats? 4400/4400 at the moment will keep this prem for a long time in legions.
    - Mimic not good? Trust me 100% is still very good and you cannot compair to grimoir, because first he cost more and second the place in legion for grim is more limited than for new troop
    - Tell me how much troops you have with 70% legion bonus or even 50% :-), and also important boost only for having the troop without using it in active legion
    - increasing gain from magic would make troop much better in stats compared to most generals

I think this troop is good enough.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I'm a bit disappointed about Warlock too. In the two key aspects - magic mimic and growth - he's practically half of Grimoire for three quarters of the price. The legion boost adds a bit of power, but he lacks Grim's extra magic slot. He's also not feeling much stronger than some of the recent 50 PC releases (Garn, anyone?).

Feels like a 75-100, not a 150, compared to other recent releases. On par with Lucian's but not stronger either.

The idea to have him summon older magics would work to make him feel Dawni-worthy. Maybe, instead of a summoning table (which would quickly be exhausted and could cause issues with uniqueness), he could have a chance to create a craft item. A few dozen (or hundred) of that item make a box that yields a random old PC magic. Pretty much like Bosso works. The low chance nonunique in that box (gotta have something) could just be the box itself, so you can max out the magics without misses.

On the episodic release - I suppose we can run each area to NM upon release? The way most recent zones worked, you had to go through everything on N, then H and so on. If it still works like that, a staggered release would be extremely limited - you could only repeat N until the zone is complete.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    meh

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Hmmm...@DEVS, would u consider 125PC for this prem?

That or 150% magic mimic would make a better deal. I think more people would be satisfied with 125PC cost or 150% magic mimic.

EDIT: IT'S A TROOP! I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THAT.

....Okay, it might be worth now. (might)

Please note: I am considered a "whale" in the game, so 150PC isn't much to me. It's the F2P players you will need to convince. (So, please consider 125PC or 150% mimic ).

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalain View Post
    Maybe, instead of a summoning table (which would quickly be exhausted and could cause issues with uniqueness), he could have a chance to create a craft item. A few dozen (or hundred) of that item make a box that yields a random old PC magic. Pretty much like Bosso works. The low chance nonunique in that box (gotta have something) could just be the box itself, so you can max out the magics without misses.
    I like this idea a lot. It's more interactive and enjoyable, and adds that little bit of "wonder what I'll get this time" thrill when you finally get enough for a chest.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegfarms View Post
    But nobody does adventures.
    But they are talking about quests not adventures

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Gonna have to agree on Warlock. He doesn't feel like a 150 PC premium. Thalain's idea of a drop that can eventually turn into a grab bag of old magics sounds cool, and would definitely warrant a 150PC price tag. Otherwise he just feels like a 100 PC troop with a legion boost tacked on. Stats are nice, he'll be 3155/3155, with a 3.12M proc and 38% legion boost (or 39 if they round up) for me, but Warlock just doesn't feel like a Anni premium.

I also concur with the Magic RP

As far as episodic zones go, as long as we can do each part to NM, I'm okay with it. Otherwise waiting a whole month is going to be meh.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I would suggest to lower price to 100PC. Comparing already released premiums, seems not really worth 150PC.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Sorry to naysay again but the prem is underwhelming, reasons below:

The best comparison we can have is vs grimoire which was 200pc - the additional magic slot was the bulk of that price but then you have a 250pct mimic (which isnt one of the top procs anyway) vs this one of 100pct mimic. Its scaling is little better and the legion power you'll get from the passive is negligible for the bigger players. Yes its a troop so there is less issue fitting it into a legion but its still not really worth 150pc. I'd say 100pc would be fair using grimoire as direct comparison.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast