Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 109

Thread: State of the Game: May 2017

  1. #41
    Golden Garden Monk Pyrolizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right behind you! O.O
    Posts
    880


    My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungi (Helena) View Post
    As many of us are approaching 100pct crit chance to hit; a usual convention for this is that every pct over 100pct is converted into crit damage instead (possibly at a higher rate to make it more attractive ie 1% chance to hit worth 2pct damage or somesuch).
    I think, at that point, you pat yourself on the back and wait for the nerf-bat to hit.

    Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

  2. #42
    Farmhand
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Hey folks!

    Lucian's Guide to Monsters currently has a pending, internal change to upgrade the critical strike chance from 2% up to 6%. Thanks for bringing this up! I wanted to talk about it in the SoTG but it's very early, however we have some potential changes we're considering for critical strike as a stat. Way too early to dive into it right now though.

    As for the next premium: the price will be more than 100 PC for certain, but I unfortunately and unsure precisely where it will land.

    Thanks for the update Mouse.

  3. #43
    Spell Slinger Michaek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bishops Stortford, UK
    Posts
    2,118


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungi (Helena) View Post
    As many of us are approaching 100pct crit chance to hit; a usual convention for this is that every pct over 100pct is converted into crit damage instead (possibly at a higher rate to make it more attractive ie 1% chance to hit worth 2pct damage or somesuch).
    Sorry I don't think this

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Lucian's Guide to Monsters currently has a pending, internal change to upgrade the critical strike chance from 2% up to 6%. Thanks for bringing this up! I wanted to talk about it in the SoTG but it's very early, however we have some potential changes we're considering for critical strike as a stat. Way too early to dive into it right now though.
    More likely it means this

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolizard View Post
    I think, at that point, you pat yourself on the back and wait for the nerf-bat to hit.

  4. #44
    Forum Moderator Ayah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    299


    My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiel View Post
    Crit nerf incomingggg!!!
    It's not true:
    With next patch crit bonus is added multiplicative instead of additive which mean that 77% chance to crit before rework will be
    2%+2%*0,75= 3,5% after rework

    This is true:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Please don't spread misinformation like this. Joke or not, some folks obviously didn't take it as such.

    The short answer: this isn't the plan for our crit changes. Will provide more information when we're a little further along in the process.
    Last edited by Ayah; 2nd May 2017 at 16:01.

  5. #45
    Golden Garden Monk Pyrolizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right behind you! O.O
    Posts
    880


    My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayah View Post
    With next patch crit bonus is added multiplicative instead of additive which mean that 77% chance to crit before rework will be
    2%+2%*0,75= 3,5% after rework
    My god! I would have to ask for the 1,800PCs I spent gambling on Starbolt from the RP back!
    Or at least on the 12+ duplicates, if it is rendered useless.
    (I really kicked myself when they released Pheonix Lord...)
    Last edited by Pyrolizard; 2nd May 2017 at 14:23.

    Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

  6. #46
    Silver Arrow
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    6
    If they nerf the crit bonus, then I want a refund for my 2x Phoenix gear and the ability to move all perc SPs I invested! You can't sell items based on one set of stats and procs, then after the sale pull the rug out from players!!

    If they go through with this, then I am done with this game.
    Last edited by alnitak; 2nd May 2017 at 15:41.

  7. #47
    World Mender Sir Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a land far, far away...
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    10
    I'm sure that if the devs value their player base, especially those who financially support their game that they won't be doing a nerf such as this. If they don't, well...I just hope their sense of logic is stronger
    Take a look at my eyes and then say you don't see all the depthlessness you seek to make you feel worthless

  8. #48
    Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayah View Post
    With next patch crit bonus is added multiplicative instead of additive which mean that 77% chance to crit before rework will be
    2%+2%*0,75= 3,5% after rework
    Please don't spread misinformation like this. Joke or not, some folks obviously didn't take it as such.

    The short answer: this isn't the plan for our crit changes. Will provide more information when we're a little further along in the process.

  9. #49
    Forum Moderator Ayah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    299


    My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Please don't spread misinformation like this. Joke or not, some folks obviously didn't take it as such.

    The short answer: this isn't the plan for our crit changes. Will provide more information when we're a little further along in the process.
    That was bad joke sorry

  10. #50
    Farmhand Wreckmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    45


    My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Rep Power
    0
    New campaign, quest zone and World raid sounds good. Gauntlet is meh as usual and I'll probably skip the premium armament. The stats look decent enough, but for someone who never really jumped on the crit wagon it seems way overpriced and of limited use.

  11. #51
    Silver Arrow
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Please don't spread misinformation like this. Joke or not, some folks obviously didn't take it as such.

    The short answer: this isn't the plan for our crit changes. Will provide more information when we're a little further along in the process.
    Thank you for clarifying.

  12. #52
    Golden Garden Monk Pyrolizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right behind you! O.O
    Posts
    880


    My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayah View Post
    That was bad joke sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Please don't spread misinformation like this. Joke or not, some folks obviously didn't take it as such.

    The short answer: this isn't the plan for our crit changes. Will provide more information when we're a little further along in the process.
    It is information warfare out there!

    Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

  13. #53
    World Mender Plundarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,359


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    6
    Well the "nerf" was humorous at least.

    It does show that releasing premiums for direct buy again might get a few complaints. Especially if people complain over a little set or two.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!


  14. #54
    Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    4,962
    Rep Power
    34
    So nothing in the SotG on PvP . . . as per usual.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

  15. #55
    Spell Slinger Michaek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bishops Stortford, UK
    Posts
    2,118


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoBandito View Post
    So nothing in the SotG on PvP . . . as per usual.
    Gauntlet was mentioned - some would say that was PvP

  16. #56
    Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!
    Posts
    4,939


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    11
    My version of what is planned for crit... Note that I said it was MY VERSION...

    Right now, when you crit, your base damage is doubled.

    After the change, nothing changes for crit rates 100% or lower. Your base damage doubles whenever you crit, just as always. But if your crit chance is over 100%, then you get a rollover effect. This might be easier to explain with some examples...

    74% crit rate = 74% chance to do 2x base damage, 26% chance to do 1x base damage.
    100% = 100% chance to do 2x base damage.
    125% = 25% chance to do 3x base damage, 75% chance to do 2x base damage.
    358% = 58% chance to do 5x base damage, 42% chance to do 4x base damage.

    In other words, each 100% crit chance simply guarantees you another set of base damage while any percentages left over get rolled for to see if you get another set of base damage added on.

    EDIT: Another way to describe what I mean...

    If you get 120% crit rate, then that 100% is guaranteed to increase the multiplier on your base damage from x1 to x2 and the extra 20% becomes a 20% chance to increase the multiplier again from x2 to x3.

    Each 100% simply increases the multiplier by 1 with whatever is leftover being that percentage chance for another increase.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

  17. #57
    Sister of Radiance
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    304


    My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Rep Power
    3
    I would be more concerned about perc2 not being mentionned again, who cares about pvp...

    Perc was supposed to be something unique and interesting, nothing u have done until now fulfills that

  18. #58
    Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    4,962
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaek View Post
    Gauntlet was mentioned - some would say that was PvP
    Some, but not me. If I'm going to hit someone I want it to be direct. Not, um, "by proxie".
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

  19. #59
    Spell Slinger Michaek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bishops Stortford, UK
    Posts
    2,118


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamon View Post
    , who cares about pvp..
    at least two players in this very thread.



    But to be fair, reading is hard

  20. #60
    Farmhand
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    10


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    My version of what is planned for crit...

    Each 100% simply increases the multiplier by 1 with whatever is leftover being that percentage chance for another increase.
    This is what I was thinking as well. Logically it makes sense, it scales well, and it gives a good reason to keep shooting for more crit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. State of the Game: April 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 11th May 2017, 23:02
  2. State of the Game: March 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 30th April 2017, 20:59
  3. State of the Game: February 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 24th February 2017, 18:44
  4. State of the Game: January 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 30th January 2017, 20:18
  5. State of game?
    By Darkness_ in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 6th March 2013, 16:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •