Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: May 2017

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungi (Helena) View Post
    As many of us are approaching 100pct crit chance to hit; a usual convention for this is that every pct over 100pct is converted into crit damage instead (possibly at a higher rate to make it more attractive ie 1% chance to hit worth 2pct damage or somesuch).
    I think, at that point, you pat yourself on the back and wait for the nerf-bat to hit.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Hey folks!

Lucian's Guide to Monsters currently has a pending, internal change to upgrade the critical strike chance from 2% up to 6%. Thanks for bringing this up! I wanted to talk about it in the SoTG but it's very early, however we have some potential changes we're considering for critical strike as a stat. Way too early to dive into it right now though.

As for the next premium: the price will be more than 100 PC for certain, but I unfortunately and unsure precisely where it will land.

Thanks for the update Mouse.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungi (Helena) View Post
    As many of us are approaching 100pct crit chance to hit; a usual convention for this is that every pct over 100pct is converted into crit damage instead (possibly at a higher rate to make it more attractive ie 1% chance to hit worth 2pct damage or somesuch).
    Sorry I don't think this

Lucian's Guide to Monsters currently has a pending, internal change to upgrade the critical strike chance from 2% up to 6%. Thanks for bringing this up! I wanted to talk about it in the SoTG but it's very early, however we have some potential changes we're considering for critical strike as a stat. Way too early to dive into it right now though.
    More likely it means this

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolizard View Post
    I think, at that point, you pat yourself on the back and wait for the nerf-bat to hit.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiel View Post
    Crit nerf incomingggg!!!
    It's not true:
    With next patch crit bonus is added multiplicative instead of additive which mean that 77% chance to crit before rework will be
    2%+2%*0,75= 3,5% after rework

This is true:
    Please don't spread misinformation like this. Joke or not, some folks obviously didn't take it as such.

The short answer: this isn't the plan for our crit changes. Will provide more information when we're a little further along in the process.
    Last edited by Ayah; 2nd May 2017 at 16:01.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayah View Post
    With next patch crit bonus is added multiplicative instead of additive which mean that 77% chance to crit before rework will be
    My god! I would have to ask for the 1,800PCs I spent gambling on Starbolt from the RP back!
    Or at least on the 12+ duplicates, if it is rendered useless.
    (I really kicked myself when they released Pheonix Lord...)
    Last edited by Pyrolizard; 2nd May 2017 at 14:23.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet

Silver Arrow
    If they nerf the crit bonus, then I want a refund for my 2x Phoenix gear and the ability to move all perc SPs I invested! You can't sell items based on one set of stats and procs, then after the sale pull the rug out from players!!

If they go through with this, then I am done with this game.
    Last edited by alnitak; 2nd May 2017 at 15:41.

I'm sure that if the devs value their player base, especially those who financially support their game that they won't be doing a nerf such as this. If they don't, well...I just hope their sense of logic is stronger
    Take a look at my eyes and then say you don't see all the depthlessness you seek to make you feel worthless

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Please don't spread misinformation like this. Joke or not, some folks obviously didn't take it as such.

The short answer: this isn't the plan for our crit changes. Will provide more information when we're a little further along in the process.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook

That was bad joke sorry

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    New campaign, quest zone and World raid sounds good. Gauntlet is meh as usual and I'll probably skip the premium armament. The stats look decent enough, but for someone who never really jumped on the crit wagon it seems way overpriced and of limited use.

Silver Arrow

Thank you for clarifying.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    That was bad joke sorry

It is information warfare out there!

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Well the "nerf" was humorous at least.

It does show that releasing premiums for direct buy again might get a few complaints. Especially if people complain over a little set or two.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Sargaash the Mighty equal
    So nothing in the SotG on PvP . . . as per usual.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoBandito View Post
    So nothing in the SotG on PvP . . . as per usual.
    Gauntlet was mentioned - some would say that was PvP

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    My version of what is planned for crit... Note that I said it was MY VERSION...

Right now, when you crit, your base damage is doubled.

After the change, nothing changes for crit rates 100% or lower. Your base damage doubles whenever you crit, just as always. But if your crit chance is over 100%, then you get a rollover effect. This might be easier to explain with some examples...

74% crit rate = 74% chance to do 2x base damage, 26% chance to do 1x base damage.
    100% = 100% chance to do 2x base damage.
    125% = 25% chance to do 3x base damage, 75% chance to do 2x base damage.
    358% = 58% chance to do 5x base damage, 42% chance to do 4x base damage.

In other words, each 100% crit chance simply guarantees you another set of base damage while any percentages left over get rolled for to see if you get another set of base damage added on.

EDIT: Another way to describe what I mean...

If you get 120% crit rate, then that 100% is guaranteed to increase the multiplier on your base damage from x1 to x2 and the extra 20% becomes a 20% chance to increase the multiplier again from x2 to x3.

Each 100% simply increases the multiplier by 1 with whatever is leftover being that percentage chance for another increase.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I would be more concerned about perc2 not being mentionned again, who cares about pvp...

Perc was supposed to be something unique and interesting, nothing u have done until now fulfills that

Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaek View Post
    Gauntlet was mentioned - some would say that was PvP
    Some, but not me. If I'm going to hit someone I want it to be direct. Not, um, "by proxie".
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamon View Post
    , who cares about pvp..
    at least two players in this very thread.

But to be fair, reading is hard

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    My version of what is planned for crit...

Each 100% simply increases the multiplier by 1 with whatever is leftover being that percentage chance for another increase.
    This is what I was thinking as well. Logically it makes sense, it scales well, and it gives a good reason to keep shooting for more crit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast