Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: May 2017

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    yes, the others raise a valid concern. The 30% legion boost of the Armament would be equal to about 1.5% crit chance (depending on various variables). The stats may equate to another 0.5% crit chance. So that means this Armament increases crit by about 4% and would cost 75 PC. If you put it up against the free Might of Terracles with 3% crit increase, it doesn't look good.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    The premium armament will replace a Might of Terracles. The stats and LP bonus makes up for the loss of 1% crit (since Might is 3% crit, compared to the premium's 2% crit).

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Mouse please set up the price range of that prem or delay it to another month garn and olivia ate up the festival money i dont want to make another pc purchase just to complete themissing pc for the non tagged prem.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Premiums
    This month will feature the release of two premiums. One will be a Support item and will cost 75 PC. The second premium is still being worked on so I canít share a definitive price nor proc information about it at this time.

But letís look at the first Support Premium: Lucianís Guide to Monsters.

Attack: 3,500
    Defense: 1,500
    Proc Information: Gains 30 Attack and Defense for each Essence owned; Increases Legion Power bonus by 30%; Increases Critical Hit chance by 2%
    Price: 75 Planet Coins
    Item Type: Armament (Support)

This premium will be available for two weeks as usual (one week on the homepage + bazaar, second week just in the bazaar).
    heh If this was Insurgi's Guide to Monsters I might buy it as it stands but..... in its current state Might of Terracles beats it and they are free from a Camp.

Maybe if you increased the crit chance but at 2% it will be the first premium I do not buy.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

Sister of Radiance Achievements's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    75 PC for a support item should be ridiculously good then to make people buy it. With regular ones ranging from 3-5% general chance I'd make this one 6-7% at least with additional 2-3% for a specific class.

For art problems: How about an art contest? Give a race/theme, reward all legit entries 20 PC and the winners will get a bigger prize and their art featured as new raid, win-win!

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Premiums
    This month will feature the release of two premiums. One will be a Support item and will cost 75 PC. The second premium is still being worked on so I canít share a definitive price nor proc information about it at this time.

But letís look at the first Support Premium: Lucianís Guide to Monsters.

Proc Information: Gains 30 Attack and Defense for each Essence owned; Increases Legion Power bonus by 30%; Increases Critical Hit chance by 2%

This premium will be available for two weeks as usual (one week on the homepage + bazaar, second week just in the bazaar).
    Is it possible to have Lucian's Monster book available for the whole month of Dawniversary instead of just 2 weeks? Lately, the team has released premiums and half-memiums at a much more frequent schedule and while its welcome, it challenging for players to rack up resources to get their preferred items, especially with a lack of information on the other premium

Also, is there something that can be done to allow strong hitters who accidentally "poof" older raids thanks to their massive power-up over time? This also contributes to the "shortage" for raids, making it tough for younger and weaker players to farm AP and loot without explictly asking for it. I would also be nice to run reduced cooldown timer events (ie: -24H on dragon raids, etc.)
    Q: How can a workaholic play DoTD?
    A: DoTD is more work than play.
    I don't play anymore

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I'm opposed to adding more direct crit to the armament, BUT if possible, suggest a different solution, also different scalling to match it's price

Lucian’s Guide to Monsters.

Attack: 2,000
    Defense: 2,000
    Proc Information: Gains 20 Attack and Defense for each Essence owned; Increases Legion Power bonus by 10%; Additional 1% for every 3 Essence owned; Increases Critical Hit chance by 1% for every 30 Essence owned.

What would this mean in practice? Better growth potential and more crit for most people.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    They are cautious about releasing new high crit chance items because once most players hit 100% crit chance, they will not buy any more crit items (save maybe for highly superior stats), nor will they buy non-crit items to replace crit ones of course. Hence the 2%, and higher stats were supposed to make up for 1% loss compared to Might of Terracles. I'll leave it for someone else to do the exact math, but for a crit setup player the on-crit dmg increase should be about 1000% or more now (base crit, 2 sphinxes, black powder, perc increase, what else?), so a 1% crit chance amounts roughly to extra 10% of base damage (or whatever crit is based off), which includes at least LP + player stats. Whether this arma's stats add enough LP to cover that is likely personal, and I'd be curious to see the actual numbers, instead of my random rambling. But it seems like making it 3% would make all the difference for most people to buy it, and as much as I'd like to see a premium arma being 6-7%, I think power creep should be controlled as much as possible for the health of the game.

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Few things:
    1) Armament seems fine - 2% crit may be milions of damage (more with enough perception) and 30% legion power + awesome stats. Come on, we had far worse premiums for higher price.
    2) Art - for me, art is completely irelevant. Recycling quests, adventures or raids is cool. Better to have same guild raid/raid/deadly raid/quest mob/campaign node than just one of these.
    3) Campaign - didnt expect one but awesome. Just a question - are you planning some new stuff for guild tokens? Like Raven set etc.? My 30 000 tokens are begging to be spent.
    Na ArmorGames hledŠme členy pro naöŪ gildu CZ+SK !

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Introduction
    Greetings and welcome to the May 2017 State of the Game post! Today we’ll talk about some of what’s coming in May and more. Without further delay let’s dive right in!

Dawnniversary VII
    This May marks the 7th Anniversary for Dawn (aka Dawnniversary)!

Seven years of dragons, adventuring and probably enough Volatile potions to sink a ship. It has certainly been quite a ride. The Dawn team is honored and truly humbled by the love and passion of the playerbase; without you wonderful folks none of this would be possible.

Let’s look at some of what you can expect this Dawnniversary. Do keep in mind that a few things are being kept under wraps as we’d like to retain some element of surprise.
    No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    New World Raid

This month will see the addition of a brand new World Raid: The Dark Smith, a World Raid that has existed in DawnMobile for quite a few years now. We felt this was a great opportunity for his debut in the web version of Dawn. He shall arrive near the middle of the month. This will be a World Raid (so around 5 days of active time) and while the art used for the raid will be the same as DawnMobile, we’ll be designing the tiers and items differently.

For the time being we’re going to treat him similarly to other Dawnniversary World Raids in that he’s not likely to be summoned very often outside of April, May or June so be sure to get in and give him a good beating when he’s available this month!
    New WR? What can I say, hope to see some high tiers, good loot, and maybe even some fun! :P
    West Kruna Gauntlet
    The Gauntlet returns to West Kruna this month!

This version of the Gauntlet will feature new items within the shop and we’re also going to look into Blessing of Mathala and SMITE and reviewing the possibility for them to stack. This is a request we’ve been getting a lot both in the forums and in other areas of feedback. It’s still being evaluated by our tech team but we’re hoping to get this change implemented for this summon of the West Kruna Gauntlet.

Our intention is that the magics would stack with one another in all regards (loot and damage). At this stage in Dawn’s life, we don’t see a strong reason for these two magics to not function together.

Glad to hear about the magics, no real problems with the Gauntlet, but maybe we could run a WAR!!! in June?
    New Full Zone
    The story of the Veil-Walker continues with an all-new full zone!

This zone will feature four areas with four new raids and a plethora of new items to hunt. This is a full zone and is a continuation of the main storyline, picking up where we left off after the re-binding of Drakontos. The story delves deeper into the Ascendants and explores several other oddities that have been occurring throughout West Kruna including the origins and intentions of the Black Hand Bandits. Expect this new zone near the very end of the month.

May need to give the world map a bit of love as well, it’s getting rather crowded these days!
    WHOOO! More questing!
    Dragon Campaign
    The long awaited Dragon Campaign is in progress!

This Campaign is going to feature a considerable amount of reused art assets (Campaigns take a lot) but will feature new rewards and powerful dragon opponents. While we’re calling this “the” dragon campaign it’s unlikely to be the last dragon campaign we do. Despite the Dragon War being over, these pesky wyrms still keep popping up. Where do they come from!?

This will be a permanent addition to the game.
    I like it! Chance to use the new Legion!
    Premiums
    This month will feature the release of two premiums. One will be a Support item and will cost 75 PC. The second premium is still being worked on so I can’t share a definitive price nor proc information about it at this time.

But let’s look at the first Support Premium: Lucian’s Guide to Monsters.

Much More!
    There’s still more Dawnniversary events and shenanigans to be had! We don’t want to spoil the surprise so be on the lookout each week for new updates.

Game Performance
    While the game’s general performance has been greatly improved over the years we do know there are some outstanding issues, especially on the guild page and are focusing on several fixes for those problem areas. A few fixes were deployed last week but there’s still more we’re looking into.

Non-Elite/Deadly Raids
    While there are quite a few new Elite and Deadly raids on the schedule for 2017, we hear you that some more regular raids would be a welcome addition to the game. Deadly and Elite raids are much easier for us to produce as we typically reuse existing art for them. With a new raid we tend to try and make new art for them instead. However there are a plethora of bosses we are exploring (such as bosses from Adventures for example) which will allow us to get fresh, non-elite or deadly raids into the system.
    Hope we see a deadly dragon, or two! Might convince me to buy the ETD set if so.
    Why is art such a problem? Did something change?
    Art is a pretty common bottleneck for a lot of games. It’s usually very expensive to produce and requires a fair amount of time. We do a lot of planning well in advance but, even so, Dawn is a rather art intensive game so we need to be sure wherever we’re creating new art it’s a valuable addition to the game.

May is always much heavier on our art budget than usual and this year is no exception. This isn’t really a new situation. The only difference is we’re being much more transparent with you, the community, about it than we have been in the past.

It won’t keep us from pushing new content into the game, but hopefully provides a little more context as to why we’re looking at utilizing a lot of existing art for the dragon campaign among other areas.

Conclusion
    Seven years for a game such as Dawn is a pretty big accomplishment. There’ve been highs and lows throughout but for the development team working on Dawn, it’s really a dream come true. Your love and passion for Dawn adds fuel to our own excitement and we are so incredibly thankful to have shared this journey with you for the past seven years.

Here’s to another year of dragons, slayers, veil-walkers and Bosso’s crazy inventions.
    Does this mean Bosso will get more gear crafts? My suggestion is make three more crafts of three new familiars, that have the same boosts/caps, but cost 10x as much.
    Thank you for everything that you do, community.

Until next time, adventurers.
    #10CharacterMinimum

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Hey folks!

Lucian's Guide to Monsters currently has a pending, internal change to upgrade the critical strike chance from 2% up to 6%. Thanks for bringing this up! I wanted to talk about it in the SoTG but it's very early, however we have some potential changes we're considering for critical strike as a stat. Way too early to dive into it right now though.

As for the next premium: the price will be more than 100 PC for certain, but I unfortunately and unsure precisely where it will land.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Ditto 4% minimum crit for a support to be worth buying. Maybe some base damage % on crit like Black Powder too.

Crit nerf incomingggg!!!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Is one of the surprises 5pg re-releases old Dawni set items (Crystal dawn, Breaking dawn, etc.)?

Because I would love to get ahold of those items. Please.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    if the artwork are expensive and took long time to work it out, then you must ask for better result. DOTD artwork is good, but not an expensive and 'take long time' good in my opinion. take example from another FB clickbase game like Castle Age(at early time) and Haven.. now thats a worth expensive and 'take long time' artwork

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Its already been suggested but why not run competitions for players artwork to be added to the game, im pretty sure there are more than one or two designers/artists playing the game who would love to have their work used, any publicity is good publicity

+++1 99999

it can be done by submissions PM to dev/mod/mouse - to be kept secret then reward some PC for entry 5/10/15 PC and if used now or later set a price like 100PC+

sure there are many points here but you can check for originality, just not use it and not repeat event if it doesen't work and most probably have a huge discount compared to regular setup price wise... I see only wins with this, not sure if it would work ofc but maybe you guys can offer a remote job on art or smth, I think a couple $ could be motivating for many in none US country's and as he said it could be done for love of the game alone

I'm sure many players can do necessary resolution and such, level of detail number of characters and so on and judging by the pumpkin entry's there wouldn't be many in's probably quite a few worthy of Dawn ones

Ownership could be veriffied with google pics and changed to 5PG on payment of reward like 10PC at wich point you guyss could decide where to put it if any

1 entry per player, IDK it's just a lot of wins and no losses the way I see it but OFC I'm sure I don't know some points - legislation related

Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgarion View Post
    Its already been suggested but why not run competitions for players artwork to be added to the game, im pretty sure there are more than one or two designers/artists playing the game who would love to have their work used, any publicity is good publicity
    Here's a quick primer on drawing dragons:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    personally I feel that Prem Support's crit chance should as well scale (I know I am asking too much) maybe start at 5% and chance increases per essence player own. STAT is rather low to start i feel for the prem Arma Support. Legion boost needs to be at 40% range...then its finally worth the money xD
    J_DapperChap | Officer of Kronos II

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoBandito View Post
    Here's a quick primer on drawing dragons:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html
    WTH did I just watch? lol

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    As many of us are approaching 100pct crit chance to hit; a usual convention for this is that every pct over 100pct is converted into crit damage instead (possibly at a higher rate to make it more attractive ie 1% chance to hit worth 2pct damage or somesuch).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast