Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83

Thread: State of the Game: April 2017

  1. #1
    Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    10

    State of the Game: April 2017

    Introduction
    Welcome to the month of fools, the days of jesters, the… Some other series of words to describe jokes and pranksters. Yes, fellow adventurers, it is indeed April. However, we can assure you that everything written about in this State of the Game is factual and should not be scrutinized for humor. There’s certainly a place for the shenanigans of April Fools but we don’t consider the SoTG to be one of them.

    Without further delay, let’s jump into what’s coming up in April.

    Deadly Horgrak: No, this isn’t a joke
    Disregard the date ladies and gentlemen! Horgrak is sick and tired of being the butt of our jokes and will be returning with a bigger, deadlier version.

    Deadly Horgrak will be a separate raid following standard Deadly rules; meaning he’ll have AP, be a different ID, etc. He will be craftable from the Citadel and is a permanent addition to the game.

    This is a raid we’ve wanted to design for a long time now. He started as a joke internally but after awhile we felt it’d be an appropriate raid for this April. One thing we’re still debating is how his race tags might evolve in the future. Currently he is one of the few unclassified raids out there (besides his Deadly tag) but there isn’t an existing tag that would work from a lore and narrative perspective. In the future he may receive some additional race tags, but his initial release will only feature the “Deadly” classification.

    Raids! Getcha Raids Here!
    This month will see the return of four anniversary raids: Lyrpan, Phantoms of Kazarach, Old Foes and Spectres of the Claw. There will be one World Raid summoned each week this month starting with Lyrpan on April 7th.

    In addition to these raids we also have a new Event raid in the works. While the Event raid will be thematically appropriate for April it’s not being reserved as an exclusive April summon the way Leprechaun Revelers is for March, for example.

    Without giving too much away, we hope you’re as excited as we are to be mooving forward with a new Event Raid this month.

    Progress Report: Magic Preferences
    With Phase 1 out of the way we’ve been reviewing your feedback and considering our next move for the Summoner Magic Preferences system. Currently our tech team is spending some additional time cleaning up the way Magics function on the backend. This is being done to improve overall game performance and give us a bit more flexibility with future Magic projects. It’s an unfortunately necessary step for us to move on to the next section but progress is good so far.

    As for actually implementing the next portion (summoners choosing the magics they’d like) we’ve made some modifications to our proposed course of action. Please review the following and give us your feedback on if you feel this would satisfy your needs as a raid summoner:
    • As opposed to setting your preference for each individual slot, you would now set a master list of “allowed” magics.
    • This allowed list would be universal for all of your raids and would be remembered session to session (so you wouldn’t need to reset it upon each login)
    • Magics would display the caster’s name on mouseover so you (or anyone) can see who has applied a Magic. This is functionality that existed in our sister game, Legacy of a Thousand Suns and is something we’ve considered bringing over for awhile.


    We’re considering this approach in part because it’s something the community has already suggested and also because we want to make this process extremely easy. The goal is to enable you to spend some time sorting out your preferences once and then benefitting from it going forward. It would require a little initial configuration but would not require a lot of upkeep and “resetting” your preferences each raid, which was an inherent flaw in our previous proposal.

    We don’t currently have an ETA on the implementation of this feature but with Phase 1 out of the way and the next portion underway it’s progressing favorably.

    Please let us know what you think about these changes in a response to this thread.

    Game Performance
    There was a recent thread in the forums raising concerns that game performance has recently slipped, resulting in some players experiencing a plethora of loading issues or other problems (loading spinners, etc).

    We haven’t received many reports on these issues (note I said ‘many’, we have received some) but we are looking into why it may be impacting some players and not others. We know that the changes we’re making to Magics I listed above will help on the backend though it may not resolve this problem for everyone.

    Unfortunately we don’t have a lot of other details to share with you right now, but we wanted to make sure you were aware that it’s something we are looking into. In the meantime, if you have any additional information about when you noticed these problems and what you were/are doing when the problems begin.

    Premium Troop and Special General Releases
    This month will see the release of a special General in addition to the new premium, Olivia, The Whimsical Harbinger.

    Olivia is an Elf, Any, Any unique troop with a multitude of random abilities in line with her deadly nature.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    Brough is well known as the trickster god, visiting havoc upon gods and mortals alike. While his favor can be difficult and bloody to obtain, Olivia has not only gained the favor of the famed trickster god, he has imbued her with a portion of his own might.

    Olivia’s presence is often an ill omen. She will plague towns with all manner of pranks; some harmless and full of innocent humor and others steeped in malice. Regardless of the outcome, Olivia’s eerie smile never seems to wane.
    She will be available for two weeks as usual and she will cost 75 Planet Coins.

    Note that the information and numbers discussed below are subject to adjustment prior to this item’s release. We wanted to give you a sneak peek but Olivia is still being tested and may be subject to changes.

    Olivia is a great example of a character that we wanted to have mechanics that made mechanical sense and were appropriately powerful. We knew early on that we wanted to present a character that thematically made sense for April but some of her nittier mechanical details took a bit of iteration.

    We had played around with the idea that she could occasionally proc a series of buffs similar to the Fortune Teller building from the Festival, but after playing with this a bit internally it didn’t feel very cool and making the buffs useful was doable but certainly challenging. After a bit more toying around we decided to redesign her from the ground up and try a new approach to her mechanics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanics
    60% chance to deal 40,000 damage; 15% chance to deal 250,000 damage; 5% chance to deal 15% damage; 50% chance that when a General or Troop procs, Olivia will deal 100% extra damage (does not stack with other mimic abilities); Gains 35 Attack and Defense for every Essence owned
    We eventually decided that something akin to Insanity Laughs made a lot of sense thematically and we felt it was viable from a mechanics and power standpoint to make the item worthwhile. Considering she has quite a few mechanics and there’s a lot of randomness to them we reduced her price to 75 PC; we feel she’s appropriately powerful but think this price is best for the way her mechanics function.

    • Attack: 3,250
    • Defense: 1,000


    We’re excited for Olivia to laugh her way into your legions in early April!

    Conclusion
    This concludes the April State of the Game. Thank you for reading! We look forward to seeing your responses.

    Until next time, adventurers!

  2. #2
    Night Blade 'Beta Nu''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,882


    My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Progress Report: Magic Preferences
    With Phase 1 out of the way we’ve been reviewing your feedback and considering our next move for the Summoner Magic Preferences system. Currently our tech team is spending some additional time cleaning up the way Magics function on the backend. This is being done to improve overall game performance and give us a bit more flexibility with future Magic projects. It’s an unfortunately necessary step for us to move on to the next section but progress is good so far.

    As for actually implementing the next portion (summoners choosing the magics they’d like) we’ve made some modifications to our proposed course of action. Please review the following and give us your feedback on if you feel this would satisfy your needs as a raid summoner:
    • As opposed to setting your preference for each individual slot, you would now set a master list of “allowed” magics.
    • This allowed list would be universal for all of your raids and would be remembered session to session (so you wouldn’t need to reset it upon each login)
    • Magics would display the caster’s name on mouseover so you (or anyone) can see who has applied a Magic. This is functionality that existed in our sister game, Legacy of a Thousand Suns and is something we’ve considered bringing over for awhile.


    We’re considering this approach in part because it’s something the community has already suggested and also because we want to make this process extremely easy. The goal is to enable you to spend some time sorting out your preferences once and then benefitting from it going forward. It would require a little initial configuration but would not require a lot of upkeep and “resetting” your preferences each raid, which was an inherent flaw in our previous proposal.

    We don’t currently have an ETA on the implementation of this feature but with Phase 1 out of the way and the next portion underway it’s progressing favorably.

    Please let us know what you think about these changes in a response to this thread.
    The only downside to this implementation I see is that every raid needs a different set of magics for them.

    For example on a Deadly Bastion of Blood you will want these Magics
    Optimal:
    Weightlessness, Avalanche, Smite or Blessing of Mathala And Death Echo

    Grimoire Raid:
    Corrode

    But wouldn't want Any other magics Cast.


    Sure there is a small global list of magics that you do not want on any of your raids but this list is Very small.

    Quicken Mind, Haste, Burning rain etc
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

    The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

  3. #3
    Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!
    Posts
    4,934


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Deadly Horgrak: No, this isn’t a joke
    Awesome!

    Will he have the predicted 3q health as well? Or something a bit more manageable? Hopefully it will at least be 1q.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Without giving too much away, we hope you’re as excited as we are to be mooving forward with a new Event Raid this month.
    Hopefully a catapult will be involved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Progress Report: Magic Preferences

    As opposed to setting your preference for each individual slot, you would now set a master list of “allowed” magics.

    This allowed list would be universal for all of your raids and would be remembered session to session (so you wouldn’t need to reset it upon each login)
    1) Will it be easy to toggle on/off for a given summon? I might want magic restrictions on some summons, but not others.

    2) Is there any way to include race tag modifiers? For example, I might want Mark of the Griffin on any Black Hand summons, but not on any Nightmare Queen summons.

    3) Is it at all feasible to provide us with 3-5 magic presets? Sort of like Item Sets, but for the allowed magic lists. Maybe give us 3 for free and sell extras in the Bazaar? That way we could have different allowed magic setups for different raid types.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Magics would display the caster’s name on mouseover so you (or anyone) can see who has applied a Magic. This is functionality that existed in our sister game, Legacy of a Thousand Suns and is something we’ve considered bringing over for awhile.
    Great. Long asked for and finally coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Premium Troop and Special General Releases
    This month will see the release of a special General in addition to the new premium, Olivia, The Whimsical Harbinger.

    Olivia is an Elf, Any, Any unique troop with a multitude of random abilities in line with her deadly nature.
    Right. I'll start preparing my pitchforks and torches for the Guster's Fault version 2 riot now!

    I wonder how many nerfs this one will end up needing.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

  4. #4
    Silver Arrow LordRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.
    Posts
    195


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    4

    Lightbulb Olivia is named wrong [So says a psycho]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Premium Troop and Special General Releases
    This month will see the release of a special General in addition to the new premium, Olivia, The Whimsical Harbinger.

    Olivia is an Elf, Any, Any unique troop with a multitude of random abilities in line with her deadly nature.



    She will be available for two weeks as usual and she will cost 75 Planet Coins.

    Note that the information and numbers discussed below are subject to adjustment prior to this item’s release. We wanted to give you a sneak peek but Olivia is still being tested and may be subject to changes.

    Olivia is a great example of a character that we wanted to have mechanics that made mechanical sense and were appropriately powerful. We knew early on that we wanted to present a character that thematically made sense for April but some of her nittier mechanical details took a bit of iteration.

    We had played around with the idea that she could occasionally proc a series of buffs similar to the Fortune Teller building from the Festival, but after playing with this a bit internally it didn’t feel very cool and making the buffs useful was doable but certainly challenging. After a bit more toying around we decided to redesign her from the ground up and try a new approach to her mechanics.



    We eventually decided that something akin to Insanity Laughs made a lot of sense thematically and we felt it was viable from a mechanics and power standpoint to make the item worthwhile. Considering she has quite a few mechanics and there’s a lot of randomness to them we reduced her price to 75 PC; we feel she’s appropriately powerful but think this price is best for the way her mechanics function.

    • Attack: 3,250
    • Defense: 1,000


    We’re excited for Olivia to laugh her way into your legions in early April!


    Conclusion
    This concludes the April State of the Game. Thank you for reading! We look forward to seeing your responses.

    Until next time, adventurers!
    DEV team, I demand you rename the troop Sycall instead of Olivia. I am the most volatile player this game has ever seen and with this, I require this troop be named in honor of someone TRULY insane.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

    Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

  5. #5
    Town Guard Mikiky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    62


    My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Rep Power
    4
    Originally Posted by Mouse
    Without giving too much away, we hope you’re as excited as we are to be mooving forward with a new Event Raid this month.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Hopefully a catapult will be involved.
    Sounds more like a COWterpult to me....

  6. #6
    Farmhand IamKD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    21


    My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Rep Power
    0
    >Moooving forward
    How hilarious would it be for the Rylattu Cow Abduction to make an appearance out of nowhere? (Inter-dimensional travel is not out of the realm of possibility)

    As for the magics, I would more prefer to be able to remove my own magic on someone's raid. It happens sometimes where a player just mis-clicks and adds the wrong magic by accident. If the summoner is offline, this can be a hassle.
    I mostly post on the forum when I'm drunk. Pay no mind.

  7. #7
    Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    4,962
    Rep Power
    34
    One set of magic preferences for all raids . . . yeah, that's not going to work out well for most players.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

  8. #8
    Sister of Radiance eevee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    270


    My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Progress Report: Magic Preferences
    With Phase 1 out of the way we’ve been reviewing your feedback and considering our next move for the Summoner Magic Preferences system. Currently our tech team is spending some additional time cleaning up the way Magics function on the backend. This is being done to improve overall game performance and give us a bit more flexibility with future Magic projects. It’s an unfortunately necessary step for us to move on to the next section but progress is good so far.

    As for actually implementing the next portion (summoners choosing the magics they’d like) we’ve made some modifications to our proposed course of action. Please review the following and give us your feedback on if you feel this would satisfy your needs as a raid summoner:
    • As opposed to setting your preference for each individual slot, you would now set a master list of “allowed” magics.
    • This allowed list would be universal for all of your raids and would be remembered session to session (so you wouldn’t need to reset it upon each login)
    • Magics would display the caster’s name on mouseover so you (or anyone) can see who has applied a Magic. This is functionality that existed in our sister game, Legacy of a Thousand Suns and is something we’ve considered bringing over for awhile.


    We’re considering this approach in part because it’s something the community has already suggested and also because we want to make this process extremely easy. The goal is to enable you to spend some time sorting out your preferences once and then benefitting from it going forward. It would require a little initial configuration but would not require a lot of upkeep and “resetting” your preferences each raid, which was an inherent flaw in our previous proposal.

    We don’t currently have an ETA on the implementation of this feature but with Phase 1 out of the way and the next portion underway it’s progressing favorably.

    Please let us know what you think about these changes in a response to this thread.
    Maybe this needs clarification, but does "allowed" mean "only allowed"? If so I vastly prefer the "override" mechanism that has been proposed here by Katana, which I expanded a couple posts below. In short, upon clicking on an empty magic slot, this magic slot becomes an "override" slot, meaning the designated magic will take this place regardless of whether it is occupied by another or not. With this solution the customizability is both high and specific.
    The key question for this whole magic problem is: which raids actually need monitoring? Only a small amount (currently Deadlies). If for example a summoner puts up a list of general purpose magics, it will work for 95% of the raids, but not for the ones where it is actually needed, so I think while your idea seems good on the theoretical approach, it doesn't cater to the reality of the game, unless this list is very broad.
    By doing this, you'Re probably giving the summoner more power than he needs/wants. I fear the situation where someone is lazy and just chooses the current 5 best general purpose magics (how does this list work if he doesn't have the magics?) and calls it a day, while we get annoying popups if we don't have the magics, or his set of magics is not appropriate for Deadlies. Lol.
    Instead you could have the silent and elegant override system. I imagine on a Deadly BoB, I only pick two slots to become override slots for WLS+Ava, the other 2 or 3 can be whatever. I watch as the raid gets filled with the best gen purpose magic, but a couple of minutes later it becomes optimized, as the two override slots get the magics they are meant for, on a raid where such a system is necessary in the first place.

  9. #9
    Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!
    Posts
    4,934


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by eevee View Post
    (how does this list work if he doesn't have the magics?)
    This is a good question. Hopefully the Devs are already on top of this. It would suck if you can only put magics into your presets if you own them! I should be able to specify Smite or the Demigod magic as being acceptable on my raids even though I don't own either.

    Quote Originally Posted by eevee View Post
    Instead you could have the silent and elegant override system. I imagine on a Deadly BoB, I only pick two slots to become override slots for WLS+Ava, the other 2 or 3 can be whatever. I watch as the raid gets filled with the best gen purpose magic, but a couple of minutes later it becomes optimized, as the two override slots get the magics they are meant for, on a raid where such a system is necessary in the first place.
    I kind of prefer the currently proposed suggestion of the Devs (if we can get them to add magic sets similar to the item sets) over the override system.

    Here's what I foresee happening with the override system, based on your example here...

    I summon up a Deadly BoB and specify Weightlessness and Avalanche for the two override slots.
    Players start casting magics on the raid and we end up with Smite in one override spot and Web of Aeons in the other while the other slots get filled with decent, but not great general purpose magics.
    Next, two players cast the two override magics, replacing Web and Smite!

    I don't see this as a better solution.

    *shrug*
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

  10. #10
    Disciple of the Traveller
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,811
    Rep Power
    19
    well since we going to finally get to see who cast magics, there is another option we could take if the main goal is to just avoid the jokesters.

    let us have a player created list of players that are banned from casting magics on their raids. so we see some wizard wanabe is constantly casting pointless magics, we just put their name into our banned casters list and then they just can't cast magics on raids we summon.

    since they could still hit it as normal and gain benefits as normal from the magics that do get cast, it wont harm the player that is put on a casting ban list aside from maybe a bruise ego. if after some point a player starts to find they can't cast on many raids ideally they would start asking why and find out what are better magics to use.

    and if a player did try to maliciously block people from casting in some way, it would actually on balance more hurt the player not the one that was put on the banned casting list. this coming from the player they blocked might be someone with a magic they want at some point.


    it doesn't get us automatically to perfect magics on raids, but it would quickly remove the true magic trolling.





    but still say they better off with just making a black list of never wanted magics instead of trying to make a white list of preferred magics. if you can remove the most useless magics and assume the summoner does even the least bit of due diligence to monitor their raids very few problems would come up.

  11. #11
    Sister of Radiance eevee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    270


    My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    This is a good question. Hopefully the Devs are already on top of this. It would suck if you can only put magics into your presets if you own them! I should be able to specify Smite or the Demigod magic as being acceptable on my raids even though I don't own either.


    I kind of prefer the currently proposed suggestion of the Devs (if we can get them to add magic sets similar to the item sets) over the override system.

    Here's what I foresee happening with the override system, based on your example here...

    I summon up a Deadly BoB and specify Weightlessness and Avalanche for the two override slots.
    Players start casting magics on the raid and we end up with Smite in one override spot and Web of Aeons in the other while the other slots get filled with decent, but not great general purpose magics.
    Next, two players cast the two override magics, replacing Web and Smite!

    I don't see this as a better solution.

    *shrug*



    Well ok.. maybe a fusioned system. All optimal magics on Deadlies follow the pattern: 1 specific magic or magic combo + the rest being the best general purpose.

    So if we stayed at Deadly BoB, maybe the following fusioned system will work. All magics slots are override slots, with predetermined ranking based on math or on a list you put yourself together. So for example the default list will be 1. Smite/Bom (only because both don't work together), 2. Web, 3. DE, 4. DB, 5. GF 6. something, 7. something. How this works is any magic on the higher ranking will replace the magic in the lowest ranking. This system is something you can easily turn on and off if you like for example.

    Now for the specific combo on a Deadly BoB, you just turn two normal override slots into two "specific" overide slots, which will basically get rank 0. So if I come back to your example. The Ava+WLS will not kick out Smite and Web but the magics with the lower ranks first.

    So for Deadly CWG, you just need to specify 1 override slot, the others will trickle in via the default list or one you picked yourself (for example if you prefer GF you put it higher, and if you don't like Web you put it down on the list).

    If we do this system, non-summoners might not even need to click on the magics themselves, just click on the slot and it will select the high available magic in the summoner's ranking and automatically casts it and on the way overrides anything it needs according to what the summoner wants. If the "optimal" setup has been reached the slots could be marked with a green light as to indicate that non-summoners don't even need to bother clicking on it anymore.

  12. #12
    Night Blade 'Beta Nu''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,882


    My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post

    I kind of prefer the currently proposed suggestion of the Devs (if we can get them to add magic sets similar to the item sets) over the override system.

    Here's what I foresee happening with the override system, based on your example here...

    I summon up a Deadly BoB and specify Weightlessness and Avalanche for the two override slots.
    Players start casting magics on the raid and we end up with Smite in one override spot and Web of Aeons in the other while the other slots get filled with decent, but not great general purpose magics.
    Next, two players cast the two override magics, replacing Web and Smite!

    I don't see this as a better solution.

    *shrug*
    I am with you on this I don't like the override method proposed at all.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

    The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

  13. #13
    Night Blade 'Beta Nu''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,882


    My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by eevee View Post
    Well ok.. maybe a fusioned system. All optimal magics on Deadlies follow the pattern: 1 specific magic or magic combo + the rest being the best general purpose.

    So if we stayed at Deadly BoB, maybe the following fusioned system will work. All magics slots are override slots, with predetermined ranking based on math or on a list you put yourself together. So for example the default list will be 1. Smite/Bom (only because both don't work together), 2. Web, 3. DE, 4. DB, 5. GF 6. something, 7. something. How this works is any magic on the higher ranking will replace the magic in the lowest ranking. This system is something you can easily turn on and off if you like for example.

    Now for the specific combo on a Deadly BoB, you just turn two normal override slots into two "specific" overide slots, which will basically get rank 0. So if I come back to your example. The Ava+WLS will not kick out Smite and Web but the magics with the lower ranks first.

    So for Deadly CWG, you just need to specify 1 override slot, the others will trickle in via the default list or one you picked yourself (for example if you prefer GF you put it higher, and if you don't like Web you put it down on the list).

    If we do this system, non-summoners might not even need to click on the magics themselves, just click on the slot and it will select the high available magic in the summoner's ranking and automatically casts it and on the way overrides anything it needs according to what the summoner wants. If the "optimal" setup has been reached the slots could be marked with a green light as to indicate that non-summoners don't even need to bother clicking on it anymore.
    The problem with the override system is you do not know what the summoner wants and if you see a raid with full magics why would you cast... it could already have what the summoner wanted already
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

    The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

  14. #14
    Sister of Radiance eevee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    270


    My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Beta Nu' View Post
    The problem with the override system is you do not know what the summoner wants and if you see a raid with full magics why would you cast... it could already have what the summoner wanted already
    Wait... I have to dissect this. With this system you DO know immediately whether the magics applied are what the summoner wants. The whole magic slots will flash up in a certain color, if the "optimal" setup is reached. If it doesn't you can hover over it and see what magics he still needs.

    This optimal setup can either be "game default", "user default" or "default"+"specific selected slots turned to rank 0". The good thing is you can decide whether you will cast magic or not.

    Let me give an example. A summoner has a "user default" list 1. Smite/Bom, 2. Web, 3. DE, 4. DB, 5. GF, 6. GG... and on one of his winter raids with 6 magic slots he got, BoM, Web, DE, DB, Ava, GG. Someone who enters his raid sees it's not "optimal" (because no flashing) yet, but at the same time sees that Ava is slightly better than GF and doesn't take away more HP, so he totally has the option to not cast the magic, or he could cast it after he hit the raid.

    We need a system for the laziest of the lazy, a system that cast the best magics without the summoner constantly checking on it. So an easy one-click-on-off override system with "game default" is the way to go for about 80% of the Dotd population. Not everyone likes to sit down like the remaining 20% and picks the magic order by hand.

    But we also need to be able to specify slots that get the highest rank in the override system to cover up for situations like: SoWW raids, on-hit farming raids, Deadlies and last but not least "joke raids".

  15. #15
    Silver Arrow Namagderas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    brazilian from brazil
    Age
    39
    Posts
    171


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    5

    Exclamation wake up

    hi. thanks for keeping the game up, its apreciated.
    please do not add the ability to name who cast a magic. what good will it do, compared to the obvious harasment of players that do not have the best magics?
    Last edited by Namagderas; 1st April 2017 at 02:33. Reason: english is hard
    Omer's Collar: proof that 5pg does bait and switch. never forget!
    Guster fault: just so you know, 5pg can and will reset or modify our characters whenever they see fit.
    "we'd like you, the community, to decide which Magics should appear on this raid."... uh, huh.

  16. #16
    Night Blade 'Beta Nu''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,882


    My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by eevee View Post
    Wait... I have to dissect this. With this system you DO know immediately whether the magics applied are what the summoner wants. The whole magic slots will flash up in a certain color, if the "optimal" setup is reached. If it doesn't you can hover over it and see what magics he still needs.

    This optimal setup can either be "game default", "user default" or "default"+"specific selected slots turned to rank 0". The good thing is you can decide whether you will cast magic or not.

    Let me give an example. A summoner has a "user default" list 1. Smite/Bom, 2. Web, 3. DE, 4. DB, 5. GF, 6. GG... and on one of his winter raids with 6 magic slots he got, BoM, Web, DE, DB, Ava, GG. Someone who enters his raid sees it's not "optimal" (because no flashing) yet, but at the same time sees that Ava is slightly better than GF and doesn't take away more HP, so he totally has the option to not cast the magic, or he could cast it after he hit the raid.

    We need a system for the laziest of the lazy, a system that cast the best magics without the summoner constantly checking on it. So an easy one-click-on-off override system with "game default" is the way to go for about 80% of the Dotd population. Not everyone likes to sit down like the remaining 20% and picks the magic order by hand.

    But we also need to be able to specify slots that get the highest rank in the override system to cover up for situations like: SoWW raids, on-hit farming raids, Deadlies and last but not least "joke raids".
    Even described like this I don't like Fill in magics While waiting for Better to come along.
    This whole Its the best magic I have Idea people have is part of the reason why we are getting the magic update in the first place.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

    The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

  17. #17
    Sister of Radiance eevee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    270


    My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Beta Nu' View Post
    Even described like this I don't like Fill in magics While waiting for Better to come along.
    This whole Its the best magic I have Idea people have is part of the reason why we are getting the magic update in the first place.
    I was under the impression that the magic update is there so that we get the best magics on the raids in the simplest way? Simple here means, that a summoner doesn't have to constantly watch his raids and remove stuff, instead he can go afk and still his raids get the best magics. And the "best magics" here in 99% of the cases mean most damaging. If for some reason he needs a magic other than "best" he must have the option to specify it.
    Not sure I got your second sentence right. You mean the problem that noobs with little magics must be restricted from casting magics? Yeah then they should use a blacklist system like snowstar offered. But there is still the problem with specific raids like SoWW and Farm raids. If you pick a list of 10-20 allowed, you're gonna have a problem with SoWW, Farm raids and probably Deadlies too.
    Or are you afraid of how a noob would behave in an override scenario? Well I think most new players are actually cooperative, and they would probably just choose the "game default" and be done with it like most players. If you get your more eccentric ones and they make their list consist of 1. QM, 2. Haste, 3. LP, 4. Mori, oh well, but how is it any different than a non-override system, where he select these magics as "allowed"? If a summoner wants to he can always sabotage the raid. The main thing is we have to aim for a system that makes it easy for MOST of the people.

  18. #18
    Night Blade 'Beta Nu''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,882


    My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by eevee View Post
    I was under the impression that the magic update is there so that we get the best magics on the raids in the simplest way? Simple here means, that a summoner doesn't have to constantly watch his raids and remove stuff, instead he can go afk and still his raids get the best magics. And the "best magics" here in 99% of the cases mean most damaging. If for some reason he needs a magic other than "best" he must have the option to specify it.
    Not sure I got your second sentence right. You mean the problem that noobs with little magics must be restricted from casting magics? Yeah then they should use a blacklist system like snowstar offered. But there is still the problem with specific raids like SoWW and Farm raids. If you pick a list of 10-20 allowed, you're gonna have a problem with SoWW, Farm raids and probably Deadlies too.
    Or are you afraid of how a noob would behave in an override scenario? Well I think most new players are actually cooperative, and they would probably just choose the "game default" and be done with it like most players. If you get your more eccentric ones and they make their list consist of 1. QM, 2. Haste, 3. LP, 4. Mori, oh well, but how is it any different than a non-override system, where he select these magics as "allowed"? If a summoner wants to he can always sabotage the raid. The main thing is we have to aim for a system that makes it easy for MOST of the people.
    The easiest way is what they are proposing a list of allowed magics on all raids.

    This however doesn't help if you want specific magics on different raids.

    What I don't want is anyone casting magics on my raid that I have not requested, Even if its their "Best Magic".
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

    The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

  19. #19
    Silver Arrow
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    163


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    2
    "50% chance that when a general/troop proc, Olivia will deal 100% extra damage..."

    Does that mean she mimics generals/troops or does she just do another 100% of her own damage?

    Also, "(does not stack with other mimic abilities)"

    Does this mean this part of her ability doesn't activate when Utym or Claudia procs their abilities?

  20. #20
    Sister of Radiance Fiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    262
    Rep Power
    5
    Deadly Hograk should have Magical tag.

    Because if not , there is no deadly ,so it is not worth purchasing NIP. :P

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. State of the Game: March 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 30th April 2017, 20:59
  2. State of the Game: February 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 24th February 2017, 18:44
  3. State of the Game: January 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 30th January 2017, 20:18
  4. State of the Game: April 2015
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11th April 2015, 04:11
  5. State of the Game: April 2013
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12th April 2013, 23:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •