Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Cannon Changes

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Rainbow Cannon Changes

Greetings community!

The esteemed Rainbow Cannon has been the subject of much discussion since its introduction this past Friday. We’ve reviewed your feedback and will be rolling out some buffs for this item as well as making it available for an additional week. The changes are as follows:

• Now gains 20 Attack for each Magical Being troop or General owned
    • Provides a 10% Legion Power Bonus while equipped in your legion
    • On crit damage changed from 100,000 to 10%
    • Available for an additional week! Removed with the March 31st build instead of the 24th

Why the change?
    The Rainbow Cannon has underperformed our expectations in terms of community reception and use, and we’d like to make sure that you feel good about your purchase of this item and that it’s appropriately powerful. It should have a special place in many player’s Legions and right now it simply doesn’t.

Does this impact the next Phoenix Lord piece being discounted?
    No. Phoenix Lord discounts will resume on the 31st but that’s not related to the Rainbow Cannon.

Will this be retroactive?
    Yes! If you own Rainbow Cannon right now you’ll benefit from this buff as soon as it’s live this Friday, March 24th.

When does this change go into effect?
    Friday, March 24th with our regularly scheduled maintenance.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Does this impact the next Phoenix Lord piece being discounted?
    No. Phoenix Lord discounts will resume on the 31st but that’s not related to the Rainbow Cannon.
    how postponing another week does not impact the discount? unless you had another release planned for this friday that would postpone it either way, clarification?

Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamon View Post
    how postponing another week does not impact the discount? unless you had another release planned for this friday that would postpone it either way, clarification?
    they'll just move the armament into the bazaar.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    you don't get it. the sale was already postponed a week because of this release and it seems like it's gonna be moved again by a week because of the armament rework, UNLESS there is something else behind postponing it ANOTHER week

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    I knew it was too powerful. A nerf was obviously needed...

WHAT?!?! They're buffing it even more?!?!

(j/k. Glad to see this get addressed.)

UNLESS there is something else behind postponing it ANOTHER week
    That seems pretty clearly the case based on Mouse's post.

*shrug*
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    The armament moves to bazaar just like a prem does on its second week. That gives two open front page (sale) spots.

World Mender
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalain View Post
    The armament moves to bazaar just like a prem does on its second week. That gives two open front page (sale) spots.
    This is also how I understood it.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I assume they will change the description too, and at the same time so we know when it's been implemented?

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    I wonder if this will be a change to the existing Cannon, or if it will be a new Cannon and all existing Cannons will be replaced with the new one.

Why does this matter? Because in the second case it will result in a buff to Black Powder for everyone who buys the Cannon before the patch.

It probably will just be an update to the existing, but maybe...
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Disciple of the Traveller
    kind of curious, just what was your expectation of the community desire for this armament to begin with? particularly that within 2 days you already realized it would fall way short of that expectation.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    I wonder if this will be a change to the existing Cannon, or if it will be a new Cannon and all existing Cannons will be replaced with the new one.

Why does this matter? Because in the second case it will result in a buff to Black Powder for everyone who buys the Cannon before the patch.

It probably will just be an update to the existing, but maybe...
    There won't be a new cannon, they'll just edit the existing cannon's entry. New cannon stats looking pretty good, at that. Not as good as Black Powder, but that's 75 PC.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I don't see the new and improved Rainbow cannon as being worth it. Still limited armament slots. I can see this getting out of date pretty quick. Maybe if it were cheaper too, I expect a 50PC purchase to be more future proof.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePurple View Post
    I don't see the new and improved Rainbow cannon as being worth it. Still limited armament slots. I can see this getting out of date pretty quick. Maybe if it were cheaper too, I expect a 50PC purchase to be more future proof.
    Well, BP is 75 PC and it only gives 25% crit damage and 20% LP. So, based off of that, the pricing for this siege arma is reasonable. (My BP is only 2560, but by my calculations, the re-buffed Rainbow Cannon will be like 4k/1k for me).
    So yeah, based off the stats of BP, the pricing for Rainbow Cannon is reasonable.

My decoys are only ~6k, but I think I will replace my decoys in my legion for the Rainbow Cannon once the buff goes live on Friday.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by unitedx View Post
    Well, BP is 75 PC and it only gives 25% crit damage and 20% LP. So, based off of that, the pricing for this siege arma is reasonable.
    black powder vs rainbow
    75 pc vs 50 pc = 50% more expensive
    25% bonus dmg vs 10% bonus damage = 150% more effective
    20% lp vs 10% lp = 100% more effective
    0% gold increase vs 10% = wouldn't say big difference-making amount

where's your logic now?

That seems pretty clearly the case based on Mouse's post.

*shrug*
    aren't your arms getting tired from all that shrugs?

seemingly obvious or not, i asked for clarification, not for another 'duhh' response

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    black powder vs rainbow
    75 pc vs 50 pc = 50% more expensive
    25% bonus dmg vs 10% bonus damage = 150% more effective
    20% lp vs 10% lp = 100% more effective
    0% gold increase vs 10% = wouldn't say big difference-making amount

where's your logic now?
    I did not say that the price-to-effectiveness was directly proportional. I just said it was reasonable (in the context of the history item pricing that 5pg is known for).

Many people have spent loads of PC on items that had poor scaling for the cost. Yet we all know 5pg won't do a retroactive buff on those items/gens/troops that costed so much to maximize. However, this time, they are (for Rainbow Cannon). Be thankful that 5pg even considered doing this.

And this is a relatively good siege armament, so I could not picture 5pg pricing this particular armament any lower than 50 PC given their pricing records, considering they have released siege and support armas with really crappy stats for 10-20 PC in the past (of course, those are fodder to boost things like BP and decoys).

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    seemingly obvious or not, i asked for clarification, not for another 'duhh' response
    I guess it's too bad you posted your request to a public forum instead of sending a PM then, isn't it?

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by unitedx View Post
    Be thankful that 5pg even considered doing this.
    i couldn't care less personally, not gonna buy it either way

I guess it's too bad you posted your request to a public forum
    i guess it's too bad you respond to a question that wasn't directed to you, but well, that's how you were raised i guess

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    i guess it's too bad you respond to a question that wasn't directed to you, but well, that's how you were raised i guess
    Your attempted insult might carry some weight... if it actually made any sense at all.

This is an open forum and open discussion where you made a comment and I posted a response. Trying to call me out for it like I committed some serious social faux pas just seems non-sensical.

*shrug*

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Just because it was extended doesn't mean it will be in the discount section. It will simply be in the bazaar for an extra week.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    It wouldn't be enough to make me buy it, but the gold boosting of rainbow cannon should absolutely be a passive benefit. That way even when its dated out of our legions, we still benefit from it. And maybe even a higher gold percentage bonus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast