Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: State of the Game: March 2017

Would be nice if Old Foes (WR) could return again. Not been up since 2015.

Is Mathias still capable of summoning any none unique troop?

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Trym View Post
    Is Mathias still capable of summoning any none unique troop?
    Yes, but it depends when the devs last refreshed his summoning pool.

Typically I see troops that are at least 2-3 months old being summoned. Although every once in a while I get some very old ones as well so it's a pretty big list. Since the release of Little Fury - I've had Fairy Huntsman and Doom Portrait drop as new for me and they are almost three years old but they are PC troops .

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I! Am posting! Because! I.......don't have a legit reason, I'm just bored....
    There's ALWAYS time for spontaneity!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    I rarely take time to read the State of the Game notes but that doesn't negate my disappointment that it is little more than updates and no real ideas as to where the game is vis a vis experiencing a massive need of new players and perhaps a lowered cool down phase as raids are becoming rare ( as I don't chase elite or deadly raids at times raids are non existent ) I think it's time to address the flagging popularity with some sort of invite to join getting ad play on FB and other venues You might also look at the Guild system and have a clean up of non playing guilds and guilds should become mandatory for those not in an active chartered guild ( no more guild rights for those not in a chartered guild ) I would also like to see more energy raids like Tisiphone Serpina ( and Rannveig ) we could use another essence perhaps in the Invasion aspect of PVP and upgraded safety lines in each

World Mender
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyrok View Post
    I rarely take time to read the State of the Game notes but that doesn't negate my disappointment that it is little more than updates and no real ideas as to where the game is vis a vis experiencing a massive need of new players ...
    Exactly what I was trying to convey all this while.

While Feb's SotG got a bit better IMHumbleO, the March version reverted to ... "standard". Hence, my suggestion that they can have a bi-or even quarterly SotG instead.

And yes, all games from all companies need to have new players, all the time. When even mega-established games like the Final Fantasy ones are trying so hard, we can only imagine how much more urgency is needed for games like DotD ...
    Currently trying to share awareness on this - I realized that I dont really need anymore Premium Generals, esp with the Lockbox Premium nonsense~! And -1 to the AP Zone, AND Shop~! And the World Server~! And the 2.5T WR~!
    - Started around Xmas Eve '2010. Lena told me so. And, all the best to her, and Cleo. Never expect myself to outstay them here ...

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    I really don't understand the mentality that says "we need new players". This game is far too advanced in it's life cycle at this point. A new player has virtually zero chance of catching up. Sure, there's tons for new players to do, and this game more than most is less competitive and more cooperative. But still, the typical new player isn't going to be starting a game that is well past the state where new players can become competitive in a reasonable time-frame (without pouring in hundreds of real dollars).

And no matter how much new-player-oriented material 5PG might add, it wouldn't change the underlying fact that the game is old now. It's still a great game and I love it and will continue to play. But I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that there's any way to change the fact that the game is well along in its life cycle.

That's just the way it is.

*shrug*
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    And no matter how much new-player-oriented material 5PG might add, it wouldn't change the underlying fact that the game is old now. It's still a great game and I love it and will continue to play. But I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that there's any way to change the fact that the game is well along in its life cycle.
    Largely this.

Being an oddball I play three very different characters on three different platforms all of them have their niche. But to expect that a new player can catch up with my main account without spending a fortune, to make up for time in game, is madness and if they don't want to compete what is their motivation for playing?

To me this largely explains the pivot to higher level raids such as elites and deadlys - our base is relatively mature and still largely emotionally invested in the game. Large raids give us the opportunity to drop large bars for large gains. We're not quite at the stage where a top player is doing 1 million times the damage of a new player but it's getting close.

The only alternative would be to run a new server replicating the original DotD progress (and offering Prems etc at the same points they became available rather than via the misery pack) anyone up for that? Not me.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Good SotG. Is there any plan to address the issue of lack of raids? Most of the heavies hit deadly raids and nothing else. So raid summoning isn't always a priority. How about adding some sort of incentive to encourage raid summoning? Legacy of a Thousand Suns gave you a random low tier consumable every time you shared a raid to the public list. Another idea is that the player could receive a "summon token" each time they share a raid to public. These tokens could be crafted into consumables, SP, or maybe unique gear.

daily logins could use some new, up to date content, and daily login coins could use some new, up to date crafts as well.

Just some ideas.
    ~Shakezoola ~ ~Immortal~ ~Kronos II~

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
    Good SotG. Is there any plan to address the issue of lack of raids? Most of the heavies hit deadly raids and nothing else. So raid summoning isn't always a priority. How about adding some sort of incentive to encourage raid summoning? Legacy of a Thousand Suns gave you a random low tier consumable every time you shared a raid to the public list. Another idea is that the player could receive a "summon token" each time they share a raid to public. These tokens could be crafted into consumables, SP, or maybe unique gear.

daily logins could use some new, up to date content, and daily login coins could use some new, up to date crafts as well.

Just some ideas.
    another thing many of us are pushing for is to have some form of damage limiting mechanic on at least the smallest raids. ideally it would be a magic or something equally easy for the summoner to turn on and attackers to know is on or off. no real agreement on what the limiting should be though but most seem to center around fair share as the cap per hit (note could always hit more than once to do more than fair share).

this would at least let the smallest raids live for a number of hits equal to their possible number of attackers.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games

Post Perception drops

Regarding perception drops at high tiers, as an avid quester, I'd love to see serious exciting drops.

Drops I would love to see and suggested starting perception for it
    Drop Min perception Restrictions
    Festival Tickets: 10
    100k Maximum 1 per week
    If festival is active: 100 tickets is a possible drop
    Gauntlet Strikes: 10 250k Maximum 1 per week
    If gauntlet is active: 100 strikes is a possible drop
    Achievement Points: 50 1M Maximum 3 per month
    Citadel Scrolls 500k
    Pitchfork Token 1M Maximum 1 per month
    Random troop* 100k
    Random mount** 250k
    Magic*** 300k Maximum 1 per month
    Legion**** 100k
    Perception drop boost 100k Unique, increases number of drops per perception drop by 1 aka double drops
    1 hour of gold income 10k
    6 hours of gold income 100k
    24 hours of gold income 500k

Notes:
    *any troop that Mathias can summon (higher perception increases chances at receiving troop not already owned)
    **any mount that Tuss can summon (higher perception increases chances at receiving mount not already owned)
    ***any magic that is not obtainable except via an old relic pack i.e.: Greater Poison
    ****any legion not obtainable except via retired limited time offerings i.e.: Avenging Shadows
    Last edited by Workaholic; 27th April 2017 at 15:28.
    Q: How can a workaholic play DoTD?
    A: DoTD is more work than play.
    I don't play anymore

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Work, that belongs as it's own topic in Future Release Suggestions rather than here. Especially since the maximum per X timeframe is a mechanic that doesn't currently exist for Perc drops, afaik.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Work, that belongs as it's own topic in Future Release Suggestions rather than here. Especially since the maximum per X timeframe is a mechanic that doesn't currently exist for Perc drops, afaik.
    it can't be done directly, but they could add in a citadel (or perhaps elsewhere in a new part of the game) timed crafting item. then combine a perception token drop with the citadel crafted item. would allow someone to have excesses of the tokens perhaps, but the timed craft in the citadel would create the time limiting effect. also would open up the possibility of someone paying to get extras of course, but the thought of quick building something with a 30 day craft time would be rather costly.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    the thought of quick building something with a 30 day craft time would be rather costly.
    Depending on what you could craft with it, there might be a few takers.

For example, suppose you could craft a consumable that granted a 50% attack boost for 12 hours. I could see some seriously considering speed crafting the token during a Gauntlet.

Depending on what you could craft with it, there might be a few takers.

For example, suppose you could craft a consumable that granted a 50% attack boost for 12 hours. I could see some seriously considering speed crafting the token during a Gauntlet.
    at that point, we thank them for keeping the lights on is no question the top whales might pay to quick build a 30 day craft in the citadel, some did with in effect with the last 3 craftable essences.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    State of the game: You broke it completely and utterly. Slow clap. Glad you kept it up but did you really need to destroy it even more than you already had? Do you not have any sense of self-preservation? I will never understand why you jump for short term profit over long term when you have (had?) such a loyal group of players. smh.
    Lighter of the Grail-Shaped Beacon (TM) and Spanking expert.
    Dawn Guild 1.0 - We Used to Care

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
    Regarding perception drops at high tiers, as an avid quester, I'd love to see serious exciting drops.

Drops I would love to see and suggested starting perception for it
    Drop Min perception Restrictions
    Festival Tickets: 10 100k Maximum 1 per week
    If festival is active: 100 tickets is a possible drop
    Gauntlet Strikes: 10 250k Maximum 1 per week
    If gauntlet is active: 100 strikes is a possible drop
    Achievement Points: 50 1M Maximum 3 per month
    Citadel Scrolls 500k
    Pitchfork Token 1M Maximum 1 per month
    Random troop* 100k
    Random mount** 250k
    Magic*** 300k Maximum 1 per month
    Legion**** 100k
    Perception drop boost 100k Unique, increases number of drops per perception drop by 1 aka double drops
    1 hour of gold income 10k
    6 hours of gold income 100k
    24 hours of gold income 500k

Notes:
    *any troop that Mathias can summon (higher perception increases chances at receiving troop not already owned)
    **any mount that Tuss can summon (higher perception increases chances at receiving mount not already owned)
    ***any magic that is not obtainable except via an old relic pack i.e.: Greater Poison
    ****any legion not obtainable except via retired limited time offerings i.e.: Avenging Shadows
    Shouldn't have any max limits at all. Especially on tickets and strikes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234