Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: March 2017

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Sounds awesome !

Leader of Kronos II

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz View Post
    it all sounds great except that I haven't been able to log into the game for 2 days now... I play on Armor Games, but tried Kongregate and it would not come up there either. Nothing has changed on my pc but I cleared the cache anyway- that made no difference at all. I cannot do a support ticket because I dont have my fleet number written down anywhere (I know, i am so slack) so I cant fill out all the necessary information.
    Has anyone got any suggestions or information that might help me? I have got battles to fight and quests to complete... and bars of honor, energy & stamina going to waste... help! thanks shaz
    should have posted this in the trouble shooting section. but other than trying to PM one of the devs on here directly to get something going about all you can do.

one thing, have you tried to get into the game on a different computer? it is possible that something got updated without you know of it.

another is, what exactly do you see when you try to log into the game? is the page just not loading at all or is some part of the initialization hanging up?

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegfarms View Post
    We don't want new consumables unless you add a use all pot button. There are far too many unnecessary clicks when you need to use each 4 hour pot.
    As a variation of what Plundarr already said... Yes we do!

I already only use the Platinum and Gold on a regular basis, only delving down to silver, bronze and all the lower ones for special occasions when I really want every single buff possible.

If they add a new level, perhaps Diamond, then I'll likely start using just Diamond and Platinum and skipping all the others most of the time. It would be the exact same number of clicks as I do now, there wouldn't be any additional clicks involved for my normal play, but I would get higher boosts by using the new Diamond pots instead of Gold pots.

So yes, I do want new consumables!
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    @ snowstar - Thank you for the reply.. and yep you are right. it did open on a different computer... so i tried it with a different browser and it is now working. Yay! I will have to figure out what is going wrong with my usual browser.. but at least I can play the game. Much love and appreciation to you for your assistance...

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
    I love hearing about ER and WR reruns. I'm hoping to see the remaining ones that haven't come back since I started playing the game. Hopefully these are on the list:

ERs: The Gore Gob Riders, Treachery and the Tower, Slaughter in the Snow, All That Glitters

And for good measure, hopefully these WRs see a return soon too:

WRs: Old Foes, The New Claw, Corrupted Erebus, The Beautiful Game, Steam Fanatics, Avinashi

As for the Perception tiers, I like the idea of a new personal raid. A new legendary set would be appreciated too, Epimet would enjoy the boost. As previously mentioned, some old outdated sets would be cool, perhaps in the form of a grab bag that contains a few sets or a drop that you can craft into the grab bag. A drop that crafts into a grab bag has the benefit of being able to scale up with higher tiers. I would also like to see higher chances for getting Writhing Tentacles. I don't care about pano troops, but I do care about getting more tentacles to get more Naiads and to finally get the Pano1 boosts. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to veteran pano troops as either drops by themselves or as a craft using the regular troops.

PS. Can we see a return of the Qwiladrian Goo quest event? I would love to have the Hybrid Essence and to get another dragon mount.
    +1

I agree with all of this (eerily enough, are we the same person?)

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    With regard to a new Perc essence or other ultra-rare items, it would be cool to have them crafted of a small number of (correspondingly a bit less rare) drops. Anywhere between 3 and 10 would probably work - the individual drops would still be rare enough to trigger a "Yay" moment and we'd get more of these instead of some people being done after the first quest hit and others still not having anything when the game folds.

Maybe even have those drops work like the Dawn coins or the craftables from the AP chest - have several recipes players could make from that stuff (of course, unlike the AP chests, the final items should actually be good).

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    One of the most rewarding parts of questing, for me, is perception drops. They are random, and surprises. I think we need to leverage that both for ongoing perception tiers--but also potentially for any P2.0 adds. We already know that it's possible to reward more than one item when questing, as cogs and tentacles (etc.) drop in different quantities based on perception. I'd like to see P2.0 increase the amount of things that drop. IE, if you have a high enough perception, you could get two, three, etc. of an item drop. This would require balance, yes, but it could be countered against the investment in stat points. Running with that thought, I think it would be interesting to implement some manner of perception token. The token would drop at high perception, and could be used to purchase/upgrade various items. Using the token instead of a direct drop provides players with options/flexibility/control of how they invest those perception gains. I'd like to see a store similar to the gauntlet where someone could purchase generals, troops, legion bonuses and upgrades, etc. Also, something able to boost the perception experience. I don't know how someone could do that, but maybe you could purchase %boosts to perception and or other stats. Something like 25 perception coins (which would be towards the high end of things) to purchase a special general, 50 perception coins to purchase the unique legion, 100 perception coins for a 10% of base perception boost. Then, in conjunction with the P2.0 drop quantities, you could have people questing for anywhere from 1-5 coins at a time. They wouldn't drop frequently--but I have almost 300K base perception and I'm still hunting for perception drops, so in line with the existing system might just be fine.

Frankly, I'd also like to see P2.0 drop questing items at a better rate for questing hunts. That way, there is a small reward for people questing for special limited-time quest drops--they get a few more than everyone else. Maybe that means they can craft two of the event item, or maybe it means they don't have to work as hard to get it. That's a conversation for another day.

Than

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Definitely possible, but nothing we have planned right at the moment. What's the primary reasoning you'd like to see this added? If the majority of the concern is you'd like to acquire everything from Normal but have a hard time doing so before your guild "moves on" to Hard mode then I think we could simply address that better in how we handle Hard mode loot.
    This is definitely a concern. Having Boss Node, Rare Node, and Regular Node loot bags (Or even the items themselves) that have a small chance to drop from appropriate places on Hard diffiuculty with a large chance to drop normal equipment would be great. Hard Mode equipment could optionally be added at a reduced rate, as well, if desired.

I think by the nature of how SMITE and BoM function it's one of the cases where we'd feel OK to buff them to be more in line with the power curve of the game today (this would be retroactive and work for any version of those magics). I'm personally much more in favor of that route as opposed to entirely new rewards. It's a request we get a lot for the IDS Magic as well. It might be time for all those "special" magics to get a bit of a boost - we'll consider it for sure. Will review SMITE and BoM for this Chalua summon and see if it makes sense to do something with them now or wait til next time.
    Glad to hear. While Immortal is rather common to achieve these days, so VOI doesn't necessarily need any boost, IDS is still a significant achievement. For that matter, due to its nature, the DG magic is rather lacking as well. After all, while demigods get 50% out of it, what's the use if only 5 people want it because everyone else only gets 30%? Kicking Imm magic up to 2% proc rate, and IDS magic up to 3% proc rate, then moving some or all of DG's magic to base damage would be great.

As for SMITE/BoM, it might actually be a good idea to increment them every time either of their gauntlets come around. This way, they can be given relatively small improvements to stay relevant.

I realize snowstar made the original point, so this is sort of in response to him as well:

Generally we've tried to make Campaigns feel very unique and different. We tend to make a bunch of new art for them and try to have them function kind of like a raid or instance in an MMO, a place within the world but also sort of removed from it. While it could be viable to take all of the existing art from those zones and make a Campaign out of it, I don't think it'd be quite as interesting thematically to do so.
    To be fair, most Raids have an associated rep-grind quest zone and dungeon bosses. A few of the nodes wind up as raids anyway, as well. Not to redo the zone as a campaign, but more like a reprisal or the lair of the one giving orders. Perhaps some of the same faces, only in a new place. Drakontos, for example, would've made a good campaign boss, where dragons and/or abyssals break him free and we have to actually kill him this time instead of binding him.

That said, I think there's a very strong case to be made for reusing or retouching a lot of the beautiful art that exists in Dawn for Campaigns and it's something we've done a bit with the upcoming Campaign; using the same base art but color shifting different portions and adjusting the background, etc. This takes less time, can still fit thematically and doesn't break the atmosphere of the Campaign. This is one of the changes in direction we're taking with Campaigns where we no longer feel that 100% of the art absolutely has to be entirely brand new, it can be touched up from previous raids a bit. So long as we don't reuse *everything* and still have some brand new stuff here and there of course.

A great example where this could be very beneficial is I'd personally like to get a dragon themed Campaign into the game, and you can definitely bet there'd be some "familiar" draconic faces in that campaign.

EDIT: Also, I think it's just overall more interesting to "Storm a dragon's lair in the heart of the mountains" than to revisit the first three zones again, just from a different perspective.

Hope this wasn't too rambily and made sense.
    Maybe for tenth anniversary .

Great example of Creative/Narrative and Design not working in harmony, actually. Something that we shouldn't repeat.
    Do it, Mouse. Pop the hood and edit those strings! It will only take a dozen keystrokes! You know you want to.

There will be some uses for your Guild Tokens with this Campaign, but you're right in that there needs to be more to spend those on. Agreed.
    I sincerely hope the token quantities are going to be scaled up. Getting a tenth as many tokens for ten times as much damage is rather bull****.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalain View Post
    With regard to a new Perc essence or other ultra-rare items, it would be cool to have them crafted of a small number of (correspondingly a bit less rare) drops. Anywhere between 3 and 10 would probably work - the individual drops would still be rare enough to trigger a "Yay" moment and we'd get more of these instead of some people being done after the first quest hit and others still not having anything when the game folds.

Maybe even have those drops work like the Dawn coins or the craftables from the AP chest - have several recipes players could make from that stuff (of course, unlike the AP chests, the final items should actually be good).
    I would not mind an essence being crafted, but if we received a new set similar to pano, I would not want a crafting option. It would just defeat the purpose to me. I personally prefer the epically low drop rate to the grind of getting craft able items.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSpade View Post

As for SMITE/BoM, it might actually be a good idea to increment them every time either of their gauntlets come around. This way, they can be given relatively small improvements to stay relevant.

one way to somewhat fix smite and BoM that would be a little bit auto correcting is to just allow them to scale with the total number of the gauntlet trophies you have. there be one boost for owning the first of each type, then a smaller secondary boost for each one past that.

has nice side effect of helping boost involvement in the gauntlets as well.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post
    I would not mind an essence being crafted, but if we received a new set similar to pano, I would not want a crafting option. It would just defeat the purpose to me. I personally prefer the epically low drop rate to the grind of getting craft able items.
    I would say add a new set that drops straight up at say 250k, then add upgrade tokens at say 500k+. And by 'upgrade token' I mean 1 per upgraded item, except perhaps the mount. Also, perception neck piece.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    and know it been suggested before, maybe could allow us to summon normal and hard modes of camps at the same time perhaps? at least if you insist on the trend that almost none of the loot from the normal mode is contained in the hard mode in anyway.
    Definitely possible, but nothing we have planned right at the moment. What's the primary reasoning you'd like to see this added? If the majority of the concern is you'd like to acquire everything from Normal but have a hard time doing so before your guild "moves on" to Hard mode then I think we could simply address that better in how we handle Hard mode loot.
    This seems to have been changed to about the item drops, which isnt how I at least interpreted that original suggestion. Idk maybe I am reading it wrong, but to me this was requested at least prior because of two reasons. The item drops just adds to the requests and is also a concern for some. It more falls under 2) below about players objectives.
    1) Simply running out of camps to do. Some guilds summon and finish all the camps before timer allows thems to start them again and have to wait before running another camp. Allowing to run both normal and hard effectively allows the guild to run twice as many camps.

2) Plus giving all various levels of members in the guild objectives. Some members in guild who are still trying to finish and get certain items from normal camp while rest of the guild members are just looking to do the more challenging camps. Generally speaking the bigger level players get items from normal mode quicker with much higher honor burned and hence damage on more nodes. Those are also the ones who are looking forward to more challenging such as hard modes. As it stands now you either have two main choices, the guild mostly chooses to focus mainly on one, leaving other members out. Or the guild alternates doing normal mode one time than hard mode the next, which is more of compromise guess you could say but delays both types trying to obtain their objectives.

I personally am more concerned about 1) and simply just want to hit camps more often. However, at same time I do have minor concern about game balance, and do not want to defeat the whole purpose of having timers to summon in place to begin with. IDK, I do not think simply separating to run both normal and hard quite defeats it, but it is something to consider and think about.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post
    Yes, my request was specifically for essences or other "one drop and done forever" things. An equipment set is 9 to 11 drops - you don't need to split these up into crafts. The idea of having something like the Popinjay set was meant more as a supplement to the super-epic traditional jackpot drop Pano 3, something that will keep players occupied and collecting stuff for a long time. Wouldn't have to be an equipment set - could also for example be a really good perc legion (lots of slots, particularly for constructs and angels, low if any bonus), some perc armaments...

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Glad to hear. While Immortal is rather common to achieve these days, so VOI doesn't necessarily need any boost, IDS is still a significant achievement. For that matter, due to its nature, the DG magic is rather lacking as well. After all, while demigods get 50% out of it, what's the use if only 5 people want it because everyone else only gets 30%? Kicking Imm magic up to 2% proc rate, and IDS magic up to 3% proc rate, then moving some or all of DG's magic to base damage would be great.
    Why mess with The Demigod magic its fine how it is.
    Having demigods get more from using the DG magic is Fine since the effort to get it is huge.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Definitely viable. Have already seen a few suggestions further below, but is there any specific kinds of loot you'd like to see from such a raid?
    how about some of the old quest Event drops in the loot table.
    It would also be nice to see those V's raid Type Stat boost Potions in the loot table as well..
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Beta Nu' View Post
    Why mess with The Demigod magic its fine how it is.
    Having demigods get more from using the DG magic is Fine since the effort to get it is huge.
    Pretty sure making it desirable for more than .01% of the population would make demigods get more out of the magic.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Pretty sure making it desirable for more than .01% of the population would make demigods get more out of the magic.
    its still useful how it is considering it has a 100% proc rate. Some things in the game should be for the 0.01%

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Beta Nu' View Post
    its still useful how it is considering it has a 100% proc rate. Some things in the game should be for the 0.01%
    I would not mind boosting it more for all as in 40-50% for all and even more for demigods. They really do deserve the boost in it.

I do agree with you though.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I know this not here but this should be added to the game in profile attack, defence and perception there are nothing saying attack add 4 dmg to the raids defence 1 or per 1% crit dmg i think this should be added

World Mender
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesuji View Post
    My dislike of the system is that it's an easy path (almost guaranteed) to a money grab, e.g., "For this gauntlet, dwarf troops are weighted x10 as much as others. Coincidentally, here's some dwarf troops that we're selling, which will be great for this gauntlet and worthless next week."

I think gauntlet is pay-focused enough already, thanks.
    Haha ... one of the rare times I disagree with you.

Since Gauntlet is a pay-2-win feature that seems to be the most profitable one as of now, I say, let them do it.

Have, using their example, a dwarf theme, make dwarfs really strong there, let the whales buy their way to number 1, give the free players the bones (and some "bones" have been great), and hopefully the company profits more. Win-win-win, esp as the dev team doesnt seem to have any idea on how to go on next, even as, yes, this (kinda) game should have closed shop ages ago, but didnt, yeah yeah. (Hints - suggestion pages of the olden days)
    Currently trying to share awareness on this - I realized that I dont really need anymore Premium Generals, esp with the Lockbox Premium nonsense~! And -1 to the AP Zone, AND Shop~! And the World Server~! And the 2.5T WR~!
    - Started around Xmas Eve '2010. Lena told me so. And, all the best to her, and Cleo. Never expect myself to outstay them here ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast