Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: March 2017

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    ...but will say if you must add that in, would much much prefer it to just be a black list of magics that a summoner doesn't want cast...
    Yes, a global black list would be much easier to design I would think. It would at least allow players to block 'trash-tier' magics from appearing on their raids.

Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    as for a way to add camps faster, one simple one is just make a campaign or two that is just a memorial to the first few zones of the game. say have a campaign that is by game logic a re-enactment of the burdens rest to fallows arc as we know everyone in west kruna wants to know what it feels like the be "hero". use the existing art work for those three zones for backgrounds and the node monsters. this could be set up as an extra easy camp or be an excuse to have a more than 20 node campaign. something like 33 total nodes, 10 for each zone plus 1 bottleneck/final node for each of the first three final quest zone bosses.
    I'm actually a bit confused as to why this isn't done. A full zone has a zone boss, up to four sub-zone bosses, up to five normal nodes, and sometimes a rare spawn. That's three 'random encounter' nodes (15) to each 'boss node' (5), with the 'rare spawn' occasionally taking the place of a 'random encounter' node (or a collection node, heh).
    It'd be pretty great if when a new full zone was brought out, it was actually brought out how Nightmare Queen, Abyssal, and Black Hand
    were brought out. Combining this large event style with a new zone unveiling only seems logical, and a good use of resources.

As for specifically using the first three zones, I agree that it'd be a great campaign, but I'm not sure why it'd need 33 nodes. 20 nodes would, in fact, give one node for each miniboss and boss. Perhaps we should make a thread to discuss how one might implement such a campaign.

Speaking of which, what's the deal with The Grey Death, anyway? All the regular nodes are named as if they were boss creatures. Carshk the Marauder, Zranras the Smasher, General Nund, Thurmavus the Ripper... But it's common enough that 2-4 of these nodes are up at once. While AFAIK they were originally used for an event on Mobile, wouldn't it have made more sense to treat them as adjectives rather than proper names for Web? Carshk Marauder, Zranras Smasher, Nund Ogre, and Thurmavus Ripper would seem much more fitting.

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Speaking about campaign - can we expect some way to spend Guild tokens? Now i have 10 000+ of them rotting in my purse and honestly, Raven set could use some upgrade (It is almost as strong as Trench Titan and Ravenguard II legion is outdated for few months for all campaigns so thats why i am asking).
    Na ArmorGames hledáme členy pro naší gildu CZ+SK !

World Mender
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by veny View Post
    Speaking about campaign - can we expect some way to spend Guild tokens? Now i have 10 000+ of them rotting in my purse and honestly, Raven set could use some upgrade (It is almost as strong as Trench Titan and Ravenguard II legion is outdated for few months for all campaigns so thats why i am asking).
    Closing in on 70K coins so I know what you mean.

RG2 is outdated, that's why they created RG3 (which is what I think you meant). I don't consider it outdated, it is the best free legion I own, better than some of the pay ones I still use.
    Highest
    March of the Phoenix = 11.6M
    ED2: 10.9M
    Quad: 8.95M
    RG3: 8.95M
    Longest Night: 8.75M
    Rebuilders: 8.59M

I think RG3 sits about where it should as a generic camp legion. I have it slotted with Damned set and I it works great for every camp expect NQ which uses Queenslayers (if excel is correct, 9.6M).
    Last edited by ODragon; 2nd March 2017 at 17:08.

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by ODragon View Post
    Closing in on 70K coins so I know what you mean.

RG2 is outdated, that's why they created RG3 (which is what I think you meant). I don't consider it outdated, it is the best free legion I own, better than some of the pay ones I still use.
    Highest
    March of the Phoenix = 11.6M
    ED2: 10.9M
    Quad: 8.95M
    RG2: 8.95M
    Longest Night: 8.75M
    Rebuilders: 8.59M

I think RG3 sits about where it should as a generic camp legion. I have it slotted with Damned set and I it works great for every camp expect NQ which uses Queenslayers (if excel is correct, 9.6M).
    RG 3, yeah, thanks :-)
    As a free legion it is useful against camps but with March of Phoenix for 10PC, i dont really call 10PC difference a "paid legion". Plus the legion from gauntlet was also very good against camps. Tbh i am not using Ravenguard III for like 4 months... there is too many better legions, including the free ones.

World Mender
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by veny View Post
    As a free legion it is useful against camps but with March of Phoenix for 10PC, i dont really call 10PC difference a "paid legion". Plus the legion from gauntlet was also very good against camps. Tbh i am not using Ravenguard III for like 4 months... there is too many better legions, including the free ones.
    March of the Phoenix vs non-human raids is no better for me than RG3. Quad(fecta) is the legion from the gauntlet and is on my list, about the same as RG3. Yes, I made the same typo in my table as you.

To me, there is a lot of value in not having to change the gear sets in my legion and I will use something slightly worse to have the correct set. A lot of time its really only the mount and neck that matter.

As the next camp will be BH, it may have a lot of human tags and I will most likely use March of the Phoenix. That said, I hope there is a BH version of Queenslayer as loot. I really like the very specific use legions.

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    My legions:
    Ravenguard III: 7,72M against camps
    March of Phoenix: 8,04M general power, 10,49M against human
    Quadefecta: 7,8M general power

What i would point out is the often mistake players do - they focus mainly on legion power while completely ignoring (or at least they dont mention it) factors like General, Armament and sometimes troop slots (troop slots matters too - some legions have their slots so restricted, you cant put there some freemiums or even premiums... result? Loss of potential damage prom procs that is not reflected by legion power).

5 general and 8 armament slots (comparing MoP and RG III) is pretty huge difference to, especially because of premium generals. Tho procs (and other effects like crit) of armaments may also provide a significant boost of damage.

But yeah, i can agree that the difference is not that huge. But who knows what new campaign will drop (Rising titan set was a pretty good surprise but it made Newest Raven set a bit disappointing since their power were almost the same). More than drops i am worried about hitpoint of this campaign lol

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoBandito View Post
    I had mine yesterday.
    on Kong? I haven't received my invasion crown, and at least one guild mate has not received his..
    Kongregate - http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/Stookz - Guild: New World Elites

Master of Marbles, Killer of Colossi, Baron of Tempbans

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta Nu
    a new Personal raid would be awesome as a Perception drop. Maybe something with a bit of meat in it say 1t health.
    Definitely viable. Have already seen a few suggestions further below, but is there any specific kinds of loot you'd like to see from such a raid?

Quote Originally Posted by snowstar
    it could be as simple as your perception has to be past a certain level to be allowed into the raid at all otherwise you get some message about getting lost trying to find the raid or some such. or it could be set so that below a certain perception level, you have a scaled reduction in your damage against the raid to avoid the potential complaints that might come from a raid that some just flat could not join. something like 100K perception is the required perception for a raid, over it you hit normally, below 100K, for each 1K less you do 1% less damage than normal (assume a cloning of the fatigue code from the camps). I would assume somewhere in the raid the level of reduction would be displayed as well as the required perception level.
    A bit ambitious for this release, but I think the general idea is pretty interesting. Will need to look into some of that stuff a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeks
    When are you planning on handing out crowns since they are already two days late?
    Crowns were awarded on time. If you did not receive a crown but feel you were supposed to please contact support and they can investigate it further.

and know it been suggested before, maybe could allow us to summon normal and hard modes of camps at the same time perhaps? at least if you insist on the trend that almost none of the loot from the normal mode is contained in the hard mode in anyway.
    Definitely possible, but nothing we have planned right at the moment. What's the primary reasoning you'd like to see this added? If the majority of the concern is you'd like to acquire everything from Normal but have a hard time doing so before your guild "moves on" to Hard mode then I think we could simply address that better in how we handle Hard mode loot.

personally still like the idea of gauntlets having a rules of engagement type thing that was suggested where for one gauntlet say dwarf troops get a 10% boost for the duration of it. a little variation between each run of the gauntlets would be nice. its not like we aren't going to have to almost every time tinker with the battalion to update it at the start of each one anyway.
    This was a pretty unpopular concept (Rules of Engagement) when we pitched it, so we haven't really gone back to it but we might in the future. I think (just as an example) Chalua feeling a little different between summons would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalain
    Another interesting personal raid idea that could also well work as a perception drop: A raid with Health 1. Yes, 1. The catch: It has loot tiers - anywhere from a few m to hundreds of b. You get one hit and only one hit due to the 1 HP health and the oomph of that hit determines what you get. Could even come with a spike magic for personal raids. (10% chance to deal 250% damage. Additional 1750% damage on personal raids.)
    I don't think we'll do it if we add this requested Personal Perception raid, but I really like the idea - well done! It's something we'll consider for a future raid for sure. Might even warrant its own type so people are aware that it's designed specifically for that.

Quote Originally Posted by gogan35
    I was really hoping for an upgrade or replacement for BoM and potentially smite. I am quite disappointed that this does not seem to be happening and worse that 5pg "feels good" about where leaderboard rewards are and what they are accomplishing. The game has progressed with new magic that makes especially BoM a very minimal reward (Gag gift is basically free BoM for everyone). Unless you own BoM (which 99% of the population doesnt) most people dont care whether BoM or gag is on a raid reducing likelihood BoM gets saved a spot for raids and thus those of us that spent a lot to own it and benefit more from it lose out.
    I think by the nature of how SMITE and BoM function it's one of the cases where we'd feel OK to buff them to be more in line with the power curve of the game today (this would be retroactive and work for any version of those magics). I'm personally much more in favor of that route as opposed to entirely new rewards. It's a request we get a lot for the IDS Magic as well. It might be time for all those "special" magics to get a bit of a boost - we'll consider it for sure. Will review SMITE and BoM for this Chalua summon and see if it makes sense to do something with them now or wait til next time.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSpade
    I'm actually a bit confused as to why this isn't done. A full zone has a zone boss, up to four sub-zone bosses, up to five normal nodes, and sometimes a rare spawn. That's three 'random encounter' nodes (15) to each 'boss node' (5), with the 'rare spawn' occasionally taking the place of a 'random encounter' node (or a collection node, heh).
    It'd be pretty great if when a new full zone was brought out, it was actually brought out how Nightmare Queen, Abyssal, and Black Hand
    were brought out. Combining this large event style with a new zone unveiling only seems logical, and a good use of resources.
    I realize snowstar made the original point, so this is sort of in response to him as well:

Generally we've tried to make Campaigns feel very unique and different. We tend to make a bunch of new art for them and try to have them function kind of like a raid or instance in an MMO, a place within the world but also sort of removed from it. While it could be viable to take all of the existing art from those zones and make a Campaign out of it, I don't think it'd be quite as interesting thematically to do so.

That said, I think there's a very strong case to be made for reusing or retouching a lot of the beautiful art that exists in Dawn for Campaigns and it's something we've done a bit with the upcoming Campaign; using the same base art but color shifting different portions and adjusting the background, etc. This takes less time, can still fit thematically and doesn't break the atmosphere of the Campaign. This is one of the changes in direction we're taking with Campaigns where we no longer feel that 100% of the art absolutely has to be entirely brand new, it can be touched up from previous raids a bit. So long as we don't reuse *everything* and still have some brand new stuff here and there of course.

A great example where this could be very beneficial is I'd personally like to get a dragon themed Campaign into the game, and you can definitely bet there'd be some "familiar" draconic faces in that campaign.

EDIT: Also, I think it's just overall more interesting to "Storm a dragon's lair in the heart of the mountains" than to revisit the first three zones again, just from a different perspective.

Hope this wasn't too rambily and made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSpade
    Speaking of which, what's the deal with The Grey Death, anyway? All the regular nodes are named as if they were boss creatures. Carshk the Marauder, Zranras the Smasher, General Nund, Thurmavus the Ripper... But it's common enough that 2-4 of these nodes are up at once. While AFAIK they were originally used for an event on Mobile, wouldn't it have made more sense to treat them as adjectives rather than proper names for Web? Carshk Marauder, Zranras Smasher, Nund Ogre, and Thurmavus Ripper would seem much more fitting.
    Great example of Creative/Narrative and Design not working in harmony, actually. Something that we shouldn't repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by veny
    There will be some uses for your Guild Tokens with this Campaign, but you're right in that there needs to be more to spend those on. Agreed.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    This was a pretty unpopular concept (Rules of Engagement) when we pitched it, so we haven't really gone back to it but we might in the future.
    When you originally pitched the idea, it was going to happen on a per raid basis. Nobody (not many at least) really wanted to have to change their battalion setup after every raid.

If you added it at the overall Gauntlet level, I think it would go over much better. We have to redo our Battalions at the start of each Gauntlet anyway in order to put our latest and greatest in. Redoing it to a specific theme wouldn't be much more effort... provided we only have to do it once, at the start, and not for every raid as we progress.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

^
    So please do us a favour and release said Dragon Campaign this Dawniversary :P

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    When you originally pitched the idea, it was going to happen on a per raid basis. Nobody (not many at least) really wanted to have to change their battalion setup after every raid.
    That wasn't my understanding; I thought it was always going to be a per-gauntlet thing.

My dislike of the system is that it's an easy path (almost guaranteed) to a money grab, e.g., "For this gauntlet, dwarf troops are weighted x10 as much as others. Coincidentally, here's some dwarf troops that we're selling, which will be great for this gauntlet and worthless next week."

I think gauntlet is pay-focused enough already, thanks.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    We don't want new consumables unless you add a use all pot button. There are far too many unnecessary clicks when you need to use each 4 hour pot.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegfarms View Post
    We don't want new consumables unless you add a use all pot button. There are far too many unnecessary clicks when you need to use each 4 hour pot.
    I disagree here. I have no issues with more consumables.

Also for Mouse on the crown issue. Normally I have to re-equip my crown once they switch over. I have not had to do that yet. Apparently others are having the same issue. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...Missing-crown)

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post
    I disagree here. I have no issues with more consumables.

Also for Mouse on the crown issue. Normally I have to re-equip my crown once they switch over. I have not had to do that yet. Apparently others are having the same issue. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...Missing-crown)
    I guess you love having to click so many extra times for absolutely no reason.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I guess you love having to click so many extra times for absolutely no reason.
    I do not see it as that many extra. Typically sort inventory using: liquid, ward, and then the big 10% or more pots. I would appreciate more rewarding pots though.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post
    I do not see it as that many extra. Typically sort inventory using: liquid, ward, and then the big 10% or more pots. I would appreciate more rewarding pots though.
    That is 66 clicks for the 4 hour pots alone. So yes you do love unnecessary extra clicking.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    That is 66 clicks for the 4 hour pots alone. So yes you do love unnecessary extra clicking.
    In a game based solely on clicking things, you are going to complain about a simple sixty-six clicks? It takes very little time for me. I would rather complain about the lack of new consumables and perc rewards. A new pano set to hunt would be amazing.

Then again, I am the one who enjoys the "saving/nuking" of the bad magiced deadlies. I find that fun, but I am sure you find it stupid. To each their own on these types of things.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSpade View Post

As for specifically using the first three zones, I agree that it'd be a great campaign, but I'm not sure why it'd need 33 nodes. 20 nodes would, in fact, give one node for each miniboss and boss. Perhaps we should make a thread to discuss how one might implement such a campaign.

oh just think it could be interesting for the number of nodes in the camps to have some variation is all. just don't see anything really special to the 20 node size.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

Definitely possible, but nothing we have planned right at the moment. What's the primary reasoning you'd like to see this added? If the majority of the concern is you'd like to acquire everything from Normal but have a hard time doing so before your guild "moves on" to Hard mode then I think we could simply address that better in how we handle Hard mode loot.

This was a pretty unpopular concept (Rules of Engagement) when we pitched it, so we haven't really gone back to it but we might in the future. I think (just as an example) Chalua feeling a little different between summons would be good.

EDIT: Also, I think it's just overall more interesting to "Storm a dragon's lair in the heart of the mountains" than to revisit the first three zones again, just from a different perspective.

as for the hard and normal issue, personally actually prefer if you just add in a 1% drop chance box to the hard mode that contains all of the normal loot.

as for the rules of engagement issue, you might want to revisit it for a simple reason that many players had the wrong idea of what you had in mind. it seems there was an assumption that you meant each *level/raid* of the gauntlet would have different rules to it as opposed to the *entire* gauntlet having a different set of rules. it one thing to tinker with the battalion one time at the start of the gauntlet, would agree as well it would be an entirely different matter to be doing it for each level/raid of the gauntlet.

don't think anyone is opposed to new themed concepts in the camps, just pointing out that you could speed up things by revisiting some of the existing storyline as an in between thing to not go half a year or more without a new one. sad fact is the players are far less concerned about the story itself of late anyway. is almost like you guys have run out of ideas for where the storyline should go after hero died and became hero's grandkid.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    it all sounds great except that I haven't been able to log into the game for 2 days now... I play on Armor Games, but tried Kongregate and it would not come up there either. Nothing has changed on my pc but I cleared the cache anyway- that made no difference at all. I cannot do a support ticket because I dont have my fleet number written down anywhere (I know, i am so slack) so I cant fill out all the necessary information.
    Has anyone got any suggestions or information that might help me? I have got battles to fight and quests to complete... and bars of honor, energy & stamina going to waste... help! thanks shaz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast