Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: What should I be doing?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server

What should I be doing?

Hey all

I recently just hit 800 and feel like I should probably ask for some guidance on what I should be doing.

Raids - What raids should I be focusing on? I've currently been farming Red snow because I have The long night legion and was able to get some decent damage off. The problem is it hits me like a truck and I end up burning through all my gold pretty fast

Ability point Farming - I have skimmed over a few guides and seen AP farming mentioned. Where would be the best place for me the focus on? I've pretty much ignored farming currently to focus on finishing the questing zones and getting Scrolls of Dahrizon finished on Nightmare (All done with SoD ) I have almost finished the final zone now on normal so I'm going to be at loss of things to do.

Thanks in advance for any advice
    -Sam

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    1. Get into an active guild
    2. Use energy to farm Jormungans
    3. Use stamina to farm raids for easy AP (only hit raids which you can easily hit AP on)
    4. Use all leftover resources to farm for fodder----if you have any left (questing, raiding, guild raids/campaigns)
    5. If you still have extra energy from farming Jormungans, then complete all quest areas until you unlock all quest zones (Unlock all quest areas first before you spend energy for questing for fodder)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by unitedx View Post
    1. Get into an active guild
    2. Use energy to farm Jormungans
    3. Use stamina to farm raids for easy AP (only hit raids which you can easily hit AP on)
    4. Use all leftover resources to farm for fodder----if you have any left (questing, raiding, guild raids/campaigns)
    5. If you still have extra energy from farming Jormungans, then complete all quest areas until you unlock all quest zones (Unlock all quest areas first before you spend energy for questing for fodder)
    Hey Unitedx,

A few people have told me Jormungans so I will start farming them now Looking at the loot table is this mainly for SP? or are the mounts good as well?

I've unlocked all questing areas now but whats fodder?? I've had a look on the wikia but all I can find is a resource made in the Citadel and not sure how I would go about farming it.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Important note: AP is Achievement Point. Not to be confused with Stat Point. 10,000 Achievement Points can be turned in to get King's Bounties, which after the 5 unique items in it are obtained, give 150 PC every time thereafter. There are a few other things that people get (Extinction Seeds, Withering Touch, Quentin, Red Prince items) but the main one is King's Bounties.

In addition to hitting Jorm, I suggest:
    Hunting down a few Balor for 10 billion and getting 2 sets of Hand of Hlaar for fighting demons.
    Hunting down a few Initiates for 4-10 billion and getting 2 sets of Demon of the Abyss for fighting Aquatic/Abyssals.
    Keep hunting Red Snows until you have crafted winter mount boost 2 and recrafted winter mount boost 1.
    Hitting many Karkata raids for 600 million to 1 billion to farm Karkata Eyes, which are used to craft a legion, neck, and are quite good generic/aquatic runes. When in doubt, kark eye everything.
    Hit any Winter Wyrm's Den. Get that Rebuilders legion! It will expand your options in targets to hit to non-Winter sieges. You need to deal at least 8 billion damage very quickly to get epic drops.
    Hit Bastion of Blood and Monsters and Magma campaign nodes especially, get your guild rep up and get Bayram Barrelchest from guild shop for 800 tokens. Afterward, you can get more tokens and rep and get the magics and Conquest Drums, and when venerated get 5x Tactical Maps, Daneela II, Ravenguard III, 2x Damned Raven's Steed for campaigning.

As for Jorm's Mounts, the Icy Whelp is pretty decent against aqua-dragon raids.

whats fodder
    In this instance, he's referring to non-useful items, rather than the citadel item called Fodder.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    In addition to the suggestions above...

- Hand of Hlaar set also makes an excellent PvP set and is probably the best/easiest set to get for free players.
    - Hunt down leveling generals like Karotte and Galatea (or better ones if you can). Once you hit Luminary at level 1,000 you're going to really want a good leveling legion.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Fodder is any item that you won't ever use, but will boost other generals/troops.

For example: General A gains 25 atk/def for every 3 _____ (weapons/shields/troops/etc)

You see how you need items to boost this certain general? The items needed to boost this general is referred to as "fodder" (you will never use "fodder" items but they will still help you because they count towards boosting generals/troops/etc.)

"Fodder" can also be referred to in the context of AP (achievement points).

"I need to farm for fodder to get AP points"

(in other words, "I need to farm for X amount of swords/shields/troops/generals to get more AP points")

(You "farm" for fodder by questing and hitting raids until you get an item that you don't own yet---look at the raid table (or quest loot table) to see which items you own/don't own to know what you need to farm for.)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Thanks for the replies all; Really appreciate the help!!

Hopefully, it won't be too long till I'm pulling my weight on the raids But looks like I still have loads to work on before that happens!

I have managed to join a good active guild thanks to your advice and Jorm is giving me loads of sp that I've been missing out on! How much should I be hitting each Jorm for? Currently going for 10B on each one.

Also, I just got my att & Def to 10k Should I work on Preception now as it works as crit? or just keep working on attack?

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeArSam View Post
    Thanks for the replies all; Really appreciate the help!!

Hopefully, it won't be too long till I'm pulling my weight on the raids But looks like I still have loads to work on before that happens!

I have managed to join a good active guild thanks to your advice and Jorm is giving me loads of sp that I've been missing out on! How much should I be hitting each Jorm for? Currently going for 10B on each one.

Also, I just got my att & Def to 10k Should I work on Preception now as it works as crit? or just keep working on attack?
    If you can, hit 100bil on each jorm as it gives the most SP (if you can hit 100bil easily and can afford to, otherwis 10bil is good)

Get all stats to 10k/10k/10k, then 25k/25k/25k (having 25k of attack will get you red AP for attack, same for def/perc; red AP for ATT/DEF/PERC is 2k each, so that is 6k AP)

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    If you are hitting 10b on Jorm easily, then that's good. 100b is max, but is lower returns per damage. Optimal on Jorm is 3b, iirc.

Work on Perc if you are questing, but not for the crit damage boost. That boost is a complete joke and a slap in the face to us from 5PG. They're sitting in their office laughing their collective butts off seeing us so happy about what truly is a pathetic damage boost. That said, Perc is still good if you do a lot of questing.

Now that you have atk and def both to 10k, start adding to atk more than def. Attack is worth between 3-4 times as much as defense is, depending on various other factors. Feel free to boost them both up for the AP if you want, but beyond that you definitely want to focus more on attack than defense.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!