Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions to developers

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    In the days when only one campaign could be summoned it was not something you would think about
    but now when more than one campaign can be summoned this is kind of annoying and should be an easy fix in the programming so here is my suggestion

Wouldn’t it be nice if:

When you open the shield in the guild and join a campaign, when you are done hitting the nodes you can click on close
    And it will take you back to the main menu of the campaigns to hit the next campaign.
    Right now when you hit the close button for a campaign it takes you back to the main guild page where the shield is.
    When you go to the complete tab and loot a campaign it takes you back to the main menu for campaigns but not with
    the join button for either the in progress campaigns or the completed campaign.

Maybe there is a reason for it to be that way and it is not a show stopper but would make it easier for the player. I for one would like to see it.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Adams5646 View Post
    In the days when only one campaign could be summoned it was not something you would think about
    but now when more than one campaign can be summoned this is kind of annoying and should be an easy fix in the programming so here is my suggestion

Wouldn’t it be nice if:

When you open the shield in the guild and join a campaign, when you are done hitting the nodes you can click on close
    And it will take you back to the main menu of the campaigns to hit the next campaign.
    Right now when you hit the close button for a campaign it takes you back to the main guild page where the shield is.
    When you go to the complete tab and loot a campaign it takes you back to the main menu for campaigns but not with
    the join button for either the in progress campaigns or the completed campaign.

Maybe there is a reason for it to be that way and it is not a show stopper but would make it easier for the player. I for one would like to see it.
    they also need to fix it so that you don't have to enter a camp and loot each individual node as well before looting the entire camp. they fixed this with adventures so that you could click on the "outside" loot button and it would loot all in the nodes inside at the same time. don't see why they can't do the same with the camps.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    they also need to fix it so that you don't have to enter a camp and loot each individual node as well before looting the entire camp. they fixed this with adventures so that you could click on the "outside" loot button and it would loot all in the nodes inside at the same time. don't see why they can't do the same with the camps.
    This is probably an issue of size. With adventures, there are at most 4 nodes to be looted. and adventure nodes typically have less loot as well. So looting all 4 nodes at once and adding their loot to the end loot for the adventure doesn't "blow up" the loot screen.

With camps, you already have some individual nodes that can fill the loot screen by themselves. Stringing 20 of them together along with the end loot would put tons and tons of loot off the end of the screen.

And before you say anything, no, adventures do NOT combine the loot from the nodes. When you loot an adventure, all of the loot is separate. You might have 5 different groups of Flag 3 in the final loot instead of just one group of Flag 3 with all of them combined. How difficult it would be to change that, I don't know. But you already see the exact same thing with camp end loot. The end loot is always spread out with multiple groups of the same items instead of them all combined.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    This is probably an issue of size. With adventures, there are at most 4 nodes to be looted. and adventure nodes typically have less loot as well. So looting all 4 nodes at once and adding their loot to the end loot for the adventure doesn't "blow up" the loot screen.

With camps, you already have some individual nodes that can fill the loot screen by themselves. Stringing 20 of them together along with the end loot would put tons and tons of loot off the end of the screen.

And before you say anything, no, adventures do NOT combine the loot from the nodes. When you loot an adventure, all of the loot is separate. You might have 5 different groups of Flag 3 in the final loot instead of just one group of Flag 3 with all of them combined. How difficult it would be to change that, I don't know. But you already see the exact same thing with camp end loot. The end loot is always spread out with multiple groups of the same items instead of them all combined.
    actually who cares if the loot is not easily visible? only ones that actually care about the loot would still do them one by one. the rest of us would save a ton of time just clicking by a messy loot screen that am sure would scroll several pages to the sides.

wouldn't even care if the trade off to one click loot the entire completed camp was to not even see the loot at all.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    wouldn't even care if the trade off to one click loot the entire completed camp was to not even see the loot at all.
    Probably at least 2 clicks as it should at least have a warning that unlooted nodes will be collected, but not displayed, do you wish to continue?
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Probably at least 2 clicks as it should at least have a warning that unlooted nodes will be collected, but not displayed, do you wish to continue?
    if it avoids the hassle of going into camps and having to do the nodes individually, sure why not.

and this is something we know they have worked out how to do already since they did it with adventures.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Can Mathias be updated to current troop pool same way as was done with Tuss?
    Gives nice incentive to keep playing and hit more. Mathias has been dead for 5-6 months already
    Second, that would give prems some nice scaling again, since a lot of premiums are kicked out for free generals which does feel a bit harsch considering the amount of pc spend on them
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean I am not after you!

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I will try to answer on some my old unanswered questions (some things were realized so I would like to point on what). Hope this will help (maybe) someone. I remove from this list porting things from other games, because I guess one event raid from LOTS is good enough (my favourite, by the way). I also removed some hard-realizing, in past answered, or not so good questions.

*Are you planning to transform something from LOTS, or other games to DOTD?
    In a certain way - Qwiladrian Cow... Abduction? (Event Raid)
    *Are you planning to create world raid, or event raid of this types: Underground and Qwiladrian?
    Yes on both – Qwiladrian Cow... Abduction?; Helsyph the Gravewarden (World Raid)
    *Are you planning to interconnect (somehow) DOTD with other your games?
    Yes, it happens (I guess, in some way) in Age of Heroes: Conquest (Erebus?)
    *How many gauntles are you planning for this year?
    I guess there were 4, or 5, but I'm not sure.
    *Could you create a world raid/event raid for all your deleted games?
    There is for LOTS (Qwiladrian Cow... Abduction?) and I think it is enough. I wrote …„ attack of giant Qwiladrian on the ship“… and that was realized (partially, something, in some way) so I'm happy .
    *Will be PVP loot in a near future (or just a future) updated?
    Yes, it was/is, in Duel (Izot and items associated with him).
    *In this moment, are Raid Help Requests on forum useful?
    I guess no.
    *Will be there a chance to get some old familiars, or other unapproachable items?
    I guess no. This items would not be so special as they are, If this would be realized. So I guess it is good how it is.

Unanswered (or unrealized), but I think still good questions:

*Is there any chance for ice-hockey version of The Beautiful Game (World Raid)?

-
    *Are you planning to make some update to rising hero chest?
    -

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Gauntlet runs every 2 months, so there will be 6 each year.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Gauntlet runs every 2 months, so there will be 6 each year.
    Thanks for clarification.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Please add a craft option for the Unique troop from current grabbox.
    10 troops for unique seems fair or 5 mounts, that still adds up to 125 pc

Please give the players the feeling you are thinking with them instead of making the appearance of only caring about short term sales
    Awaiting your positive feedback
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean I am not after you!

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I wrote some new questions again. This time I tried to focus on something, what (I think) would appreciate most of the players.

Questions/proposals
    *Any chance for update to Invasion, colosseum?
    It is good that there is duel events (I'm glad for this, thanks), but the rest should be updated in some way too.
    *What is the current situation situation of this game?
    If it is not secret. Something like in State of the Game: February 2016
    *Any chance for War Event - Ryndor, or Bludheim?
    There is only few raids of these types and they are here from beginning. So it is nice that are releasing new types of raids (insect, black hand, shadow elf etc.), but some old one should be on similar level to the rest.
    *Any chance for new boosting of some mystery pack PC generals?
    Like Tinkerballa. Seriously, some generals are so weak that nobody from immortal or better cannot use them, because there is a lot of better one and even for free (so not for PC and not for even risky gambling). Something like loyalty chest, command Chest boost cold be solution (but the boost should be at least Increases Attack and Defense by 1000). Even releasing of old boost for smaller price (like 5, 10 PC for one boost) would be great (for these who had no chance to buy them).
    *Any chance for reusing some really old generals, legions, who were for PC but today are too weak and were not still used in PC packs?
    World server never had a chance to get some of them, so it is partially unfair (players on this server have chance for some old units and only If they have Mathias the Masterer. But for generals no). This could be a good chance to get them in some new way. Raids, crafting, events, PVP loot and so on. In actual moment there are only part of past. They still could be useful for boosting other unique generals, units, or for newbies. I do not mean one or two years old, but for example three and more (and of course the weaker one, not that from actual repeating expeditions). I personally think the PVP random loot would be best solution for this.
    *Treasure Hunt searching was/is awesome, so is there any chance for some new one (I know there will be new one) in near future?
    It will be soon (november is close) almost year.

Hi.
    I found a couple of glitches with Vathik.
    1) When I push Guild -> War room -> Join guild raids - Vathik doesnt join\
    2) When I have week cap, Vathik gaves nothing. at all.
    I have hit 400 b on Vathik and didnt get anything. I have refreshed my game and didn see SP. 400b - 7,335.
    3) I think weekly cap must be increased

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoLord View Post
    Hi.
    I found a couple of glitches with Vathik.
    1) When I push Guild -> War room -> Join guild raids - Vathik doesnt join\
    2) When I have week cap, Vathik gaves nothing. at all.
    I have hit 400 b on Vathik and didnt get anything. I have refreshed my game and didn see SP. 400b - 7,335.
    3) I think weekly cap must be increased
    Hi,

1) known issue.
    2) submit a support ticket from the main forum screen. Posting here might be spotted but it might not be.
    3) unsure what you mean, guild rep or the raid timer?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    As I've noticed, a lot of the ideas and requests people have for the game can't be achieved due to the backend of the game. Which I can understand, even though I'm just a fresh junior game developer. Making everything optimized can be hard as hell and can take a LOT of time (I'm saying this so that everyone else realizes that too) and it can also give rise to a lot of unexpected bugs and/or issues.

But I still wanna ask:
    Have there been any talks about possibly doing a remake of the game with a much more optimized code?
    I understand that it might be a bit bad because of the time it'd take, but maybe you should do a poll and see if people would be willing to put up with less often patches for some time in return for getting an improved version of the game in a couple of months or even a year. Personally, I wouldn't mind if patches were reduced to 1-2 times a month on average if it'd mean the game getting better overall.

Anyways, that's what I wanna know personally

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by SenHaKen View Post
    Have there been any talks about possibly doing a remake of the game with a much more optimized code?
    I understand that it might be a bit bad because of the time it'd take, but maybe you should do a poll and see if people would be willing to put up with less often patches for some time in return for getting an improved version of the game in a couple of months or even a year. Personally, I wouldn't mind if patches were reduced to 1-2 times a month on average if it'd mean the game getting better overall.

Never gonna happen. Dawn is at the end of its life cycle. The amount of time and money it would require to rewrite it would never be recouped. Yes, you would get some renewed interest, some new players and some returning players, but not anywhere near enough to justify the costs.

That's just my belief on this topic though. I don't have any "proof" to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SenHaKen View Post
    As I've noticed, a lot of the ideas and requests people have for the game can't be achieved due to the backend of the game. Which I can understand, even though I'm just a fresh junior game developer. Making everything optimized can be hard as hell and can take a LOT of time (I'm saying this so that everyone else realizes that too) and it can also give rise to a lot of unexpected bugs and/or issues.

But I still wanna ask:

ahylis is probably right about the game being on the tail end of its life cycle.

but for what its worth several of the players years ago told the devs they wouldn't object to less updates (ie new content, could still rerun old events and such) if it would give them time to work on quality of life issues or bugs or what ever else.

can't remember the results but know was a poll or two done about that that already showed the players at leas in the past would have put up with it.

in many ways they shot themselves in the foot with the insistence on some new shinny every week to some extent. it forced them to devote too much effort into the weekly new shinnies and away from things that would stabilize the game.

its really only about this year that we have seen them start doing several weeks where all the week is is either an event rerun or old WR reruns. sadly I think lack of interest in their part is what is driving that and not trying to put development resources to other tasks finally.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Why spectral erebus familiar didnt drop..why??? why???

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    The drop chance is just really low. You need to stick with it.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Wondering if there is the possibility of running long past events like that dropped Training Grounds Scroll 2, and others that a re long past, for those that missed out and for the newer players? Maybe a multiple event day as part of Yule or New years events?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast