Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions to developers

Hybrid View

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games

Questions to developers

Hello,
    I play Dawn of the Dragons for 200+ days now, getting addicted to it like to no other game. There are many reasons for that, not only hunting for achievements, crafting stuff and getting stronger, but also trying to find out raid tiers and managing bars.

While playing this game I now and then discovered a question I would love to receive an official answer to. I would like, if you do not mind, pose these questions/topics here and I would be very glad to receive an answer/comment to them.

1. Achievements

Hunting for achievementsand receiving AP to get cool stuff in the AP shop is quite a big part of DotD. However, in the past several new features did not receive any kind of achievement, like Neck items, Armaments, and Legions. They have major influence on the game progress and it is surprising there is no kind of reward for a growing collection of them, as there is for pretty much everything else.
    What was/were the reason(s) to exclude particular instances, like Legions, Armaments and Neck items, from achievements ?

2. 2D Art

The beautiful pieces of art used in DotD ( referring to raids, mainly), are they created by an external artists or internal ones ?
    Can one find the artist(s) elsewhere ?

3. Lag and Code

Many many players have severe problems with lag and in-game loading times. I heard rumors this was caused to stuff not being saved in cache. As Firefox offers the great developer console, I had a look on that and noticed two major things:

Firstly, a bunch of stuff is initially loaded not being used. This starts at the character's gender, the opposite one you chose, and as well all kind of hair variations and ends at the music even though the player decides to have the music turned off.
    Why is a lot of files loaded though they are most likely not going to be used ? Why not loading them once they are required ( especially considering they aren't stashed for future use) ?

Secondly, Inventory tab is a performance killer. Having to load all achievement buttons when entering that tab more or less kills everything else, causes, for example, raid pictures not to be loaded.
    Why is everything loaded, when it is not even displayed ? Wouldn't it make more sense to load it once the player is about to view it, piece for piece ?

These are only two examples, in combination with the cache issue it temporarily kills major visual aspects of the game. Another point is the amount of transferred KB. I only played for a couple of minutes, around three minutes, and the game already requested 12MB of files. That's quite a lot, considering a usual game session can go up to an hour and more.

4. Content and Events

DotD already offers a wide variety of content, raids, quests, adventures, campaigns and new events like Gauntlet.
    However, comparing DotD to other MMO games, the event rate is quite low. While we usually receive an event weekly and now and then an annual one, like Festival, I wonder why there isn't a kind of routine, as example, one event raid a week, one world raid a month, one quest event a month and so on. Not being able to predict upcoming known features is a huge drawback for the players.
    We get a great inside in the SotG posts, however, one might get the impression there isn't any kind of system behind it. One thing the players asked for, one new thing to enjoy, that's it.

Have you ever considered to add a consistent kind of routine to the game, with predictable events, as in the example before ?
    If so, why did you decide to not add that routine but instead surprising players ?

5. Player Feedback and Suggestions versus Realization

We all were more than happy when we received the 'Join All Raids' button and later the one for guild raids.
    However, many many features were requested for years, for example since 2013 ( my favourite example is http://dotdstuff.blogspot.com/, which is, sadly, in a rude and insulting ton and filled with other stuff, but still shows up many many good points).
    These are, for example, 'Exclude Elite Raids' button, Hide&Show for crafting recipes as well as the option to favorite required recipes to have a quick eye on them ( not to mention how much it would influence the performance problems)

Why is there some kind of.. well, one can say slow development on features that are, in theory, simple and easy to realize ?
    Some voices say the development of DotD is over and you moved on to new games, using DotD as a money machine.
    Could one say that DotD is not your first priority when it comes to active development ?

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Hey there, Crystalon!

Normally non-developer threads in this section get automatically hidden (replies are fine but threads started get hidden), but I wanted to answer your questions and have approved your post. Keep in mind for anyone else reading, this isn't necessarily the norm for this section of the forums going forward.

1. Achievements

Hunting for achievementsand receiving AP to get cool stuff in the AP shop is quite a big part of DotD. However, in the past several new features did not receive any kind of achievement, like Neck items, Armaments, and Legions. They have major influence on the game progress and it is surprising there is no kind of reward for a growing collection of them, as there is for pretty much everything else.
    What was/were the reason(s) to exclude particular instances, like Legions, Armaments and Neck items, from achievements ?
    Some of this is historical, where previous developers (such as Dahrizon) were extra concerned about AP influx and wanted to keep it under control. It was a bit before my time, but I believe (at the time) there were technical concerns in addition to design worries. The general way we handle Achievements is a bit rough on the backend, so making some changes that seem simple can be harder than expected. It's something we have discussed internally and all of your examples may get AP in the future; it's not on the schedule right this moment so I don't want to promise anything other than it'll get brought up again among the team.

2. 2D Art

The beautiful pieces of art used in DotD ( referring to raids, mainly), are they created by an external artists or internal ones ?
    Can one find the artist(s) elsewhere ?
    It's a bit mixed but the majority of our art does get handled by an internal art team. Our art director has been part of the 5pg family since the very beginning! I'll be sure to pass along your appreciation for the artist's work. I don't know of the best way to find more of their work outside of our game but can ask for you.

3. Lag and Code

Many many players have severe problems with lag and in-game loading times. I heard rumors this was caused to stuff not being saved in cache. As Firefox offers the great developer console, I had a look on that and noticed two major things:
    Tech is pretty far outside of what I handle, so I can't really answer the questions you've asked here but I'll forward them to our tech folks. Keep in mind that Dawn is 6ish years old by this point, so there's a *ton* of legacy code involved in the game. We've certainly revamped a lot of it over the years but some stuff runs super deep and makes things much more difficult to manage than it sometimes should be (see again what I said about Achievements further above).

One of the big improvements we made in terms of game performance this year involved multiple months of two very experienced tech folks revamping tons of raid attack code; it was like Jumanji in there (full of weird stuff and crazy moments).

4. Content and Events

DotD already offers a wide variety of content, raids, quests, adventures, campaigns and new events like Gauntlet.
    However, comparing DotD to other MMO games, the event rate is quite low. While we usually receive an event weekly and now and then an annual one, like Festival, I wonder why there isn't a kind of routine, as example, one event raid a week, one world raid a month, one quest event a month and so on. Not being able to predict upcoming known features is a huge drawback for the players.
    We get a great inside in the SotG posts, however, one might get the impression there isn't any kind of system behind it. One thing the players asked for, one new thing to enjoy, that's it.

Have you ever considered to add a consistent kind of routine to the game, with predictable events, as in the example before ?
    If so, why did you decide to not add that routine but instead surprising players ?
    Very good question, thanks for including it.

So, yes we've discussed having super consistent events on a routine. Part of it (at one point) was we felt there weren't really enough events to warrant something like that. We've added more now, so it feels more viable in that regard. In addition, we used to run much closer to the wire than we do now; now we've had years of JIRA, Scrum and other agile training that has really helped redefine our scheduling processes to make things far more viable (I briefly touched on this in an SoTG some time ago, but can't recall which one).

We also had a lot of concerns that a fun, once in awhile event would suddenly become boring and "expected" because you know, like clockwork, a certain event will come every X amount of time.

To counter my own point though: we're pretty consistent with a lot of things in the game as is, such as anniversaries, winter kessov and the halloween content we run every year and players still get pretty excited over those things, so I think it's worth the team talking about again. We don't like being totally locked in to a scheduling decision like that, but I think there's a lot of merit to making certain events a little more regular. Like other answers I gave, I can promise that this will get brought up and discussed by the team but don't want to say we've made a decision one way or the other right now. It's not my intention to seem non-committal, I just want to manage expectations about what may or may not be happening.

5. Player Feedback and Suggestions versus Realization

We all were more than happy when we received the 'Join All Raids' button and later the one for guild raids.
    However, many many features were requested for years, for example since 2013 ( my favourite example is http://dotdstuff.blogspot.com/, which is, sadly, in a rude and insulting ton and filled with other stuff, but still shows up many many good points).
    These are, for example, 'Exclude Elite Raids' button, Hide&Show for crafting recipes as well as the option to favorite required recipes to have a quick eye on them ( not to mention how much it would influence the performance problems)

Why is there some kind of.. well, one can say slow development on features that are, in theory, simple and easy to realize ?
    Some voices say the development of DotD is over and you moved on to new games, using DotD as a money machine.
    I am going to answer this in two sections.

For starters, I don't want to sound like a broken record but anybody who has worked in software development knows how rare it is that something is as simple to do as it seems. We understand there are some very experienced developers who play our game and feel some of the features we have discussed should be "easy to add", and in some cases they're right but many times there's layers of wonky stuff that ties into other wonky stuff, and for the sake of the game's stability we tend to take a careful approach to make sure we're handling a feature or change correctly and doesn't unravel the yarnball of legacy tech that it's tied up in. There have been many "simple" changes over the years that spiraled and caused some pretty serious issues.

While tech obviously has a hand in this, it also comes down to priorities. We do have resources on Dawn, but whenever we're looking at a feature we need to weigh in our minds how important that feature is versus the ten others things on there. Let's use everyone's favorite feature, Perception Phase 2 as a really great example:

It's a feature we've talked about (admittedly prematurely as we've said before), but it touches many parts of the game in the ways we have proposed. I talked awhile ago that we had a pretty good idea of where to go with it, but we realized very quickly that it could very negatively impact the stability of the game. In that scenario we need to have a very hard discussion about what that means for the feature; do we invest potentially weeks to months of time developing and fine tuning the feature? Will it have the desired effect? Will it be what players actually want? We were able to take care of a *lot* of lag this year, and it'd be pretty irresponsible for us to knowingly introduce something that'd take 10 steps backward in this regard. So, the feature gets moved around our priority list and shifted, with a little work here or there but the show must go on and we can't stop development for everything else *just* to hash this one, very risky feature out. It's a feature I personally poke around with on a fairly regular basis trying to find better design choices to help make it more viable from a tech perspective. But is that time best spent doing this feature or would it be better to dedicate it to bugs? Or is there a different feature that would be a larger impact?

Using your example of improved raid filtering: that's a feature we talked about adding very quickly, but we felt we could do something bigger and a bit more robust. So, instead of doing it the short and quick way, we opted to build on it and make it better. Funny enough, I just slapped that feature on the schedule so it's coming for realsies! But it went through a bit of iteration and had to take a back seat to the development of other features, fixes and additions.

We also use your feedback to help us weigh what's most vital for us to work on combined with data we pull from multiple sources. A good example here is the Magic Police feature I touched on in an SoTG from a bit ago; that's still on our radar but the situation calmed down a bit and we felt that tech and design time was better suited fixing bugs or working on other features. It doesn't mean we won't do it or that it's not a priority at all, just that it shifted based on changes in the situation.

This is an aspect of Dawn I personally spend hours every week on; prioritizing, discussing and re prioritizing, reading feedback, prioritizing again, looking at data, etc. I also tend to lurk in each server's World Chat and observe what you're saying when you don't know I'm there (that's not creepy...) to make sure we're getting unfiltered feedback mixed in with stuff we're reading here or things Mimzy brings up. Also, contrary to what gets said, several devs to play each day to make sure we're keeping ourselves grounded into the foundation of what Dawn is; we definitely don't play as much as some of you guys do, but we make it a point to play and understand your concerns from your viewpoint firsthand.

So, that's a pretty lengthy answer but hopefully it provides a bit more insight.

Could one say that DotD is not your first priority when it comes to active development ?
    Untrue. Every Dawn dev has spent at least a small amount of time helping on other projects (we're a pretty small company), but at the end of the day Dawn is our priority 100%. I've helped with design, sound and other aspects on our recent game, Age of Heroes. Mimzy will do some Community stuff for Curio Quest in addition to things for Dawn, and occasionally Codos will fix a bug for another project if he thinks he can help out. But Dawn is always first for us each and every day.

It's totally fair to say Dawn doesn't have the same number of players it did even a year ago, but to us Dawn has plenty of life left in it and we're always talking about what can be added or changed or tweaked to make it a better experience for our players. Dawn is where 5pg started and it's a true passion product for the team working on it.

Lengthy post, but hopefully it answers your questions and provides a bit more context on some of our decisions.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It's a bit mixed but the majority of our art does get handled by an internal art team. Our art director has been part of the 5pg family since the very beginning! I'll be sure to pass along your appreciation for the artist's work. I don't know of the best way to find more of their work outside of our game but can ask for you.
    Would you guys be willing to compile the game's artwork in a book?
    Maybe with a history of DoTD world to go with it [even if in parts, such as the dragon war and the artwork to go with it(since it's over)]?
    I know Cleo had a book awhile back (i ended up buying it) and figured that same thing might be do-able here.

I'm envisioning a seriously encyclopedia type thing since there's so much - but I know a lot of us would buy it.

I also remember you guys having a shop for goodies on your website - but i don't see it there anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Our business philosophy is to do what is best for our players. 100% of our players will never agree with any decision we make, but we feel if we do right by our players they will do right by us. I am not talking about only the currently paying players here, I am talking about everyone.
    Entered West Kruna Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by xilos View Post
    Would you guys be willing to compile the game's artwork in a book?
    Maybe with a history of DoTD world to go with it [even if in parts, such as the dragon war and the artwork to go with it(since it's over)]?
    I know Cleo had a book awhile back (i ended up buying it) and figured that same thing might be do-able here.

I'm envisioning a seriously encyclopedia type thing since there's so much - but I know a lot of us would buy it.
    Knock it out as a print-on-demand/kickstarter and then they are not committed to large stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by xilos View Post
    I also remember you guys having a shop for goodies on your website - but i don't see it there anymore.

At the top of the page

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaek View Post
    At the top of the page
    I remember there being a link on their 5pg site as well.
    Also, there's nothing there for me...

Thank you for the link in your image though - followed it there
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Our business philosophy is to do what is best for our players. 100% of our players will never agree with any decision we make, but we feel if we do right by our players they will do right by us. I am not talking about only the currently paying players here, I am talking about everyone.
    Entered West Kruna Thursday, July 22, 2010

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Hey Mouse!

Thank you for accepting the thread here, I had the feeling that some of these points come up frequently on the world chat and since I myself have a greater interest in receiving answers to them and as well to sneek a bit in the development of a game, I thought I would post them here, collected.

I would like to express my sincere thank that you sat down, read my long post and responded to it in detail.
    For me myself, the questions are now answered in detail, great thanks for providing this detailled insight!

It is amazing how complex the development progress is behind the curtain, as you describe it. Players, myself included, tend to forget that every feature, every little piece requires a lot of work and time and time is money, thus developers are required to prioritize points and make decisions. You brought up some great points I haven't even thought of. Again, thank you for taking the time and effort.

Please pass along my appreciation for the game art, I am a great fan of it ( additionally, the reason I added the art point was that many artists, especially external ones, have blogs and art accounts, like DeviantArt, beside their usual work where they'll post as well portfolio and personal pieces of art).

Have a great day!

I love the story of the game. Are there plans to continue the story anytime soon?

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnTreader View Post
    I love the story of the game. Are there plans to continue the story anytime soon?
    I guess the main story will not continue soon. New main quest zones don't come very often. Last main story zone Z17 was released in may, Z16 a year prior.

There will most likely be a new mini-zone Z9.9 with side stories at the end of october during the Halloween event.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I spent the last month jousting to the top to get the joust crown but despite being at the top of the leader boards when the month ended i have yet to receive a crown. i saw the thread discussing the crown having issues last month and it seems like it still inst fixed. i just wanted to know if this issue is currently being resolved or if the jousting crown is dead in which case it should just be removed from the leader boards entirely.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Hi,
    I have some questions, so I post them there (I hope it is ok). I apologize in advance for grammar mistakes. English is not my home language. Some questions could be stupid, so I apologize for them too. I would like to also say, that I like this game and I respect all your works. So If you will think that I wrote something uncomfortable, then you should know that it was not my plan. I will be glad for any trustworthy response to the topics (so sure „yes, no, maybe, we don't know“ wrote by someone from responsible DEV team member would be good too).
    So here are the questions

*Are you planning to transform something from LOTS (Legacy of thousand suns), or other (especially closed) games to DOTD (dawn of the dragons)?
    I have a few ideas on transformer generals like Commander Rautha as Lord Rautha, Telemachus as Telemachus the gnomish engineer, Lupin the illusionist, or Lu Bu just as Lu Bu. Even one story-general/unit would be awesome (I know there is already Mimzy general, but that is different).
    Also I guess the Clash of the Dragons cards (at least some) could be used as a new magic cards.

*Are you planning to transform something from Age of Heroes (or Curio quest) to DOTD (dawn of the dragons)?

Like familiar, unique unit, or general…

*Are you planning to create world raid, or event raid of this types: Underground and Qwiladrian?
    Because there is only one raid of this size of each kind (one Underground and one Qwiladrian).

*Are you planning to make some update to rising hero chest?

It would be nice If even that 500 PC on (for) level 2500 could be in this chest.

*Will be there a chance to get some old familiars, or other unapproachable items?

Like Birthday Djinn, Fey Drakes and so on (I know there are an old world/event raids mounts, but this is not a question on them)

*Are you planning to interconnect (somehow) DOTD with other your games?

Like it was in LOTS with familiar from Curio Quest.

*In LOTS was in some part of the story (quest) an animation and I think it was good. Will you try to make something similiar in DOTD? Or at least trailer for DOTD?

Even as a short, but properly. To the trailer: I do not count ColosseumTeaser.mov, or Vornstaag as a trailer for this game (I mean something as Legacy of a Thousand Suns spot from 13. 1. 2012).
    %SPOILER: I mean that video, where the princess is murdered by her father king (I guess; I hope I remember it correctly). %

*Is there any chance that all unique PC heroes and units will be somehow interacted in some big story of the DOTD?

Like in a new quest location, where would be an epic story of world war, where they fight with each other (like it was in Heroes of Might and Magic III, or similiar games). Or in the gauntlet, war event…

*How many gauntles are you planning for this year?

*Are you planning to fuse Dotd with some other webseries like how you did that with „The Guild“?
    Because I think it is a good idea (like with The Wizards of Aus, LARPs, JourneyQuest…).

*Is there any chance for ice-hockey version of The Beautiful Game (World Raid)?

I think ice-hockey is (in the world) same popular as football. It could be good opposite to summer, like a new winter raid.

*Is it possible to (make) show in raids, who summoned specific magic?

Like we can see our army code. To know (see) who summoned bad magic (for example) – like If it was a troll or just a mistake of a newbie.

*Are you planning translation of the story line to other languages?

Like spanish, germany, russian and so on.

*Could you create a world raid/event raid for all your deleted games?

It would be nice memorial „statue“. At least everybody would now, there was these games.
    Like for Clash of the Dragons, Legacy of a thousand suns, Legacy of heroes…
    Also I see there an option to solve few of my questions. Like a loot transformed from the closed games (it could solve the first question) and the type of the raid (third question).
    Also there could be an old items, which nobody can get (fifth question).
    It could be named „Good old times“ and it could be painted as the attack of giant Qwiladrian on the ship. That ship could be a frigate (like from the 17th century) painted as Sian Fighter (the first ship in LOTS) or formed like sian figter (for example the front part as a Naval ram).
    The crew of the ship could be dressed as some heroes from Legacy of heroes – I guess it will not be a problem (Bethany looks like a witch/mage, Bookworm as schoolar/ rouge/thief, Diamonoid as golem/ magical being, Dimetrodon as oroc/abyssal merfolk and The Abyss as rouge/thief). Also Vanessa Celwer from Clash of the Dragons could be part of this crew (I think someone else is not necessary because its same word as DOTD). And of course Princess Illaria (from LOTS) could be there as priest/monk.
    The ship could be in the cave on the lake. In the lake could be Quiskerian from Quiskerian Temple (that creature looks like Qwiladrian). Also there could be stone runes (on the walls of the cave), which will looks like the logos of this closed games. Also ther could be a portal (like that they get here from the other dimension/world – games). Ort he runes could be on that portal (like in Star-gate).
    It is just an idea, so It could be even something else. Or nothing. It depends on you.

*Will be PVP loot in a near future (or just a future) updated?

It is nice to get new items, but also it is little bit awkward, when you can not use them, because they are weak. So I hope in a update as a crafting update. Like the update of the Hero-at-Arms' Set at something more powerful. Or a chance to craft new raid.

*In this moment, are Raid Help Requests on forum useful?

If we consider the new system of the PUBLIC raids. I guess no, but maybe here is a reason, why are these sections still here.

*Is there (somewhere) a list of the users involved in game development? Like Developers • Community Managers • Forum Moderators • Resident Tech Ninjas • Council Members

It would be nice to know (for example), who was there in begining, who left and so on. Also it would be awesome, If there will be some screenshots of the evolution of this game (graphic, guilds, raid system…).

*How and when did you get the idea to fuse with the webseries The Guild? What the creators of this web series think about this?

*Guster's Faul is pretty famous magic (in game), but who is that Guster? Is that somebody from the team of Dev?

* How many demigods are in game? Who are these players? Are you planning even new class for 20 000 lvl. (I think it is not very possible, that somebody will get on this level, but I could be wrong)?

I'm really curious about this, because lvl. 10 000 is for me even impossible to imagine. In this moment I know only about Anomander.

*Which other DEV team members (units/generals) are in the game?

I know about Lena Gk, Mouse, Mimzy, Logan, Kalevra, Booma, Dahrizon and Kodiak.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulus View Post
    Hi,
    I have some questions, so I post them there (I hope it is ok). I apologize in advance for grammar mistakes. English is not my home language. Some questions could be stupid, so I apologize for them too. I would like to also say, that I like this game and I respect all your works. So If you will think that I wrote something uncomfortable, then you should know that it was not my plan. I will be glad for any trustworthy response to the topics (so sure „yes, no, maybe, we don't know“ wrote by someone from responsible DEV team member would be good too).
    So here are the questions

*Are you planning to transform something from LOTS (Legacy of thousand suns), or other (especially closed) games to DOTD (dawn of the dragons)?
    I have a few ideas on transformer generals like Commander Rautha as Lord Rautha, Telemachus as Telemachus the gnomish engineer, Lupin the illusionist, or Lu Bu just as Lu Bu. Even one story-general/unit would be awesome (I know there is already Mimzy general, but that is different).
    Also I guess the Clash of the Dragons cards (at least some) could be used as a new magic cards.

*Are you planning to transform something from Age of Heroes (or Curio quest) to DOTD (dawn of the dragons)?

Like familiar, unique unit, or general…

*Are you planning to create world raid, or event raid of this types: Underground and Qwiladrian?
    Because there is only one raid of this size of each kind (one Underground and one Qwiladrian).

*Are you planning to make some update to rising hero chest?

It would be nice If even that 500 PC on (for) level 2500 could be in this chest.

*Will be there a chance to get some old familiars, or other unapproachable items?

Like Birthday Djinn, Fey Drakes and so on (I know there are an old world/event raids mounts, but this is not a question on them)

*Are you planning to interconnect (somehow) DOTD with other your games?

Like it was in LOTS with familiar from Curio Quest.

*In LOTS was in some part of the story (quest) an animation and I think it was good. Will you try to make something similiar in DOTD? Or at least trailer for DOTD?

Even as a short, but properly. To the trailer: I do not count ColosseumTeaser.mov, or Vornstaag as a trailer for this game (I mean something as Legacy of a Thousand Suns spot from 13. 1. 2012).
    %SPOILER: I mean that video, where the princess is murdered by her father king (I guess; I hope I remember it correctly). %

*Is there any chance that all unique PC heroes and units will be somehow interacted in some big story of the DOTD?

Like in a new quest location, where would be an epic story of world war, where they fight with each other (like it was in Heroes of Might and Magic III, or similiar games). Or in the gauntlet, war event…

*How many gauntles are you planning for this year?

*Are you planning to fuse Dotd with some other webseries like how you did that with „The Guild“?
    Because I think it is a good idea (like with The Wizards of Aus, LARPs, JourneyQuest…).

*Is there any chance for ice-hockey version of The Beautiful Game (World Raid)?

I think ice-hockey is (in the world) same popular as football. It could be good opposite to summer, like a new winter raid.

*Is it possible to (make) show in raids, who summoned specific magic?

Like we can see our army code. To know (see) who summoned bad magic (for example) – like If it was a troll or just a mistake of a newbie.

*Are you planning translation of the story line to other languages?

Like spanish, germany, russian and so on.

*Could you create a world raid/event raid for all your deleted games?

It would be nice memorial „statue“. At least everybody would now, there was these games.
    Like for Clash of the Dragons, Legacy of a thousand suns, Legacy of heroes…
    Also I see there an option to solve few of my questions. Like a loot transformed from the closed games (it could solve the first question) and the type of the raid (third question).
    Also there could be an old items, which nobody can get (fifth question).
    It could be named „Good old times“ and it could be painted as the attack of giant Qwiladrian on the ship. That ship could be a frigate (like from the 17th century) painted as Sian Fighter (the first ship in LOTS) or formed like sian figter (for example the front part as a Naval ram).
    The crew of the ship could be dressed as some heroes from Legacy of heroes – I guess it will not be a problem (Bethany looks like a witch/mage, Bookworm as schoolar/ rouge/thief, Diamonoid as golem/ magical being, Dimetrodon as oroc/abyssal merfolk and The Abyss as rouge/thief). Also Vanessa Celwer from Clash of the Dragons could be part of this crew (I think someone else is not necessary because its same word as DOTD). And of course Princess Illaria (from LOTS) could be there as priest/monk.
    The ship could be in the cave on the lake. In the lake could be Quiskerian from Quiskerian Temple (that creature looks like Qwiladrian). Also there could be stone runes (on the walls of the cave), which will looks like the logos of this closed games. Also ther could be a portal (like that they get here from the other dimension/world – games). Ort he runes could be on that portal (like in Star-gate).
    It is just an idea, so It could be even something else. Or nothing. It depends on you.

*Will be PVP loot in a near future (or just a future) updated?

It is nice to get new items, but also it is little bit awkward, when you can not use them, because they are weak. So I hope in a update as a crafting update. Like the update of the Hero-at-Arms' Set at something more powerful. Or a chance to craft new raid.

*In this moment, are Raid Help Requests on forum useful?

If we consider the new system of the PUBLIC raids. I guess no, but maybe here is a reason, why are these sections still here.

*Is there (somewhere) a list of the users involved in game development? Like Developers • Community Managers • Forum Moderators • Resident Tech Ninjas • Council Members

It would be nice to know (for example), who was there in begining, who left and so on. Also it would be awesome, If there will be some screenshots of the evolution of this game (graphic, guilds, raid system…).

*How and when did you get the idea to fuse with the webseries The Guild? What the creators of this web series think about this?

*Guster's Faul is pretty famous magic (in game), but who is that Guster? Is that somebody from the team of Dev?

* How many demigods are in game? Who are these players? Are you planning even new class for 20 000 lvl. (I think it is not very possible, that somebody will get on this level, but I could be wrong)?

I'm really curious about this, because lvl. 10 000 is for me even impossible to imagine. In this moment I know only about Anomander.

*Which other DEV team members (units/generals) are in the game?

I know about Lena Gk, Mouse, Mimzy, Logan, Kalevra, Booma, Dahrizon and Kodiak.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
    Can I just please ask for none of that stuff from the other games to be ported over? Already stuck with armaments. I don't want the generals, world raids themed after, or anything from the now defunct games. We already got stuck with Coax and umm.. the stone guy. (Cornerstone had to look him up) Granted I do like the raids from the nightmare queen event for there sp returns, but that is it.

Also the crappy The Guild crossover too. That one just leaves a bad taste when you think back on it.

Also there are two Demigods on Kong: Miffin and Warlok.
    I know of Britton on FB, but I am certain they have more.
    NAG no idea.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post
    Also there are two Demigods on Kong: Miffin and Warlok.
    I know of Britton on FB, but I am certain they have more.
    NAG no idea.
    FB - Britton, Whiteman, Firuffe (sp on mobile) and HolgarDanske - there may be more
    NAG- Nuance

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Also the crappy The Guild crossover too. That one just leaves a bad taste when you think back on it.
    You're mostly correct on this, though Vork is a worthwhile addition with his passive 100% legion boost.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Leader of Kronos II

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Nice arts. Thanks for the links!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    DEV, I need some help. May I transfer my DOTD's account from kongregate to facebook.

Hello, I played dotd on kong for a long time, but I'm not really happy about it. Kong have an ads video when I start this game. In addition, today I can't play, after ads is a black screen( http://www.kongregate.com/games/5thp...of-the-dragons) but at (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/) I still play normally, and this is not the first time.
    So, I hope dev transfer my DOTD's account from kongregate to facebook, is it possible?
    Please let me know, thank you very much.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Yingyang View Post
    DEV, I need some help. May I transfer my DOTD's account from kongregate to facebook.

Hello, I played dotd on kong for a long time, but I'm not really happy about it. Kong have an ads video when I start this game. In addition, today I can't play, after ads is a black screen( http://www.kongregate.com/games/5thp...of-the-dragons) but at (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/) I still play normally, and this is not the first time.
    So, I hope dev transfer my DOTD's account from kongregate to facebook, is it possible?
    Please let me know, thank you very much.
    Generally they have to refuse due to the contracts they have with each site. They have said no repeatedly in the past, but it cannot hurt to ask unless a no is going to hurt.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Generally they have to refuse due to the contracts they have with each site. They have said no repeatedly in the past, but it cannot hurt to ask unless a no is going to hurt.
    well there is quite a few that are predicting a server merge soonish which might make that possible.

not something would bet farm on, but is bumping around the rumor mill.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I wrote that I have few ideas, but I also know, that the realization is much more complicated. I don't want to see complete transform of the units - that would be nonsense. A lot of work, time, energy and so on (also it would be probably little bit chaotic – without system). I asked only because I'm curious If anything like that is possible – to transform at least something (of course changed).
    But one unit/general (or two), with different stats (and little bit different look, legend and so on), one magic and one familiar - that is a common loot from world raids. And that is only (about the clossed games) what I would like to see – just one world raid as memorable statue (nothing else, because any more transformation would be unnecessary work).

Every year we have at least one new world raid (and I don't count all that new elite raids, or other new common raids), so I'm pretty sure that we will get in a next year at least one new event/world raid. So I ask, If it is sure, that there will be new world raid, then why it cannot be raid as memorable statue of these games? And if the world raid is so complicated, then why not a common raid?

Of course there is a chance that I'm the only one, who would like to see something like this (then it would be nonsense to do this only for me). But I hope that there is more players, who would like to see something like this too.

I don't say it must be now - immediately. If there is something more important than this, then it is ok. Then this world raid should wait (weeks, months, even a year). And If the majority of the players (or DEVS) will think that this is stupid idea, then it should never be created. I'm just a common player and I cannot talk for the others (and I don't want to offend anyone).

Also I created this post to ask on a new question:

Will be this year also a new halloween carving contest?

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulus View Post
    I wrote that I have few ideas, but I also know, that the realization is much more complicated. I don't want to see complete transform of the units - that would be nonsense. A lot of work, time, energy and so on (also it would be probably little bit chaotic – without system). I asked only because I'm curious If anything like that is possible – to transform at least something (of course changed).
    But one unit/general (or two), with different stats (and little bit different look, legend and so on), one magic and one familiar - that is a common loot from world raids. And that is only (about the clossed games) what I would like to see – just one world raid as memorable statue (nothing else, because any more transformation would be unnecessary work).

Every year we have at least one new world raid (and I don't count all that new elite raids, or other new common raids), so I'm pretty sure that we will get in a next year at least one new event/world raid. So I ask, If it is sure, that there will be new world raid, then why it cannot be raid as memorable statue of these games? And if the world raid is so complicated, then why not a common raid?

Of course there is a chance that I'm the only one, who would like to see something like this (then it would be nonsense to do this only for me). But I hope that there is more players, who would like to see something like this too.

I don't say it must be now - immediately. If there is something more important than this, then it is ok. Then this world raid should wait (weeks, months, even a year). And If the majority of the players (or DEVS) will think that this is stupid idea, then it should never be created. I'm just a common player and I cannot talk for the others (and I don't want to offend anyone).

Also I created this post to ask on a new question:

Will be this year also a new halloween carving contest?

it not just you. never played LotS myself and even I think it would be a neat idea

one raid slipped in once a year as a shout out to the previous games (could make it a theme week or two in memorial to them?) that have went to the way side is nice for the ones that moved there from them. it also has the nice side benefit of not needing any new artwork (which they claim is the single most time intensive part of a new raid) since would just be reusing art work they have already paid for and have on hand. might have to tweak the lore a bit to fit a dawn point of view on the items. just take concept that was done with mimzy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast