Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: Gauntlet: Chalua Q&A

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

Gauntlet: Chalua Q&A

Felicitations, Dragon Masters!

The Gauntlet Tutorial Video provided the basics of Gauntlet use, but we're aware there may be further questions or points for clarification; as such, we'll provide a list of questions and answers as possible in this thread (updating the original post to make it easy to find answers).

What video?

I don't want to / can't watch a video

Why can't I join the Gauntlet?
    The Gauntlet is only available for players level 20 and above.
    While we want you to participate and enjoy this feature, before level 20 you've probably got a lot on your plate, learning the mechanics and flow of the game.
    With some dedication, you can easily reach this level before the Gauntlet ends and play along!
    What are Leagues?
    Leagues separate the Gauntlet Leaderboards based on your overall level. There are three Leagues:
    • Whelpling: 20-999
    • Wyrm: 1000-2499
    • Dragon: 2500 +
    This allows a greater amount and variety of people to get the coveted Gauntlet rewards, and ensures that you're comparing your progress against your peers.
    Your League is determined by your level at the beginning of the Gauntlet, so if you level from 2486 to 2503, you'll remain in the Wyrm Leaugue for the duration of this Gauntlet (but will find yourself in the Dragon League next time around).
    Leagues and the Leaderboards span all servers.
    Do Leaderboard Rewards Expire?
    Gauntlet Leaderboard Magics and Necklaces will remain with the victors only until the next Gauntlet of the same type comes around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    The first Gauntlet we summoned back in June is now known as Gauntlet [West Kruna], whereas the Gauntlet this month will be known as Gauntlet [Chalua].

Rewards earned in Gauntlet [West Kruna] will not be removed with the summon of Gauntlet [Chalua].
    Rewards from Gauntlet [West Kruna] will be removed when we summon Gauntlet [West Kruna] again in the future (we’re still internally discussing this date).

Leaderboard rewards from Gauntlet [West Kruna] and Gauntlet [Chalua] will be generally the same (same Magics, Neck items, etc) but will have additional text added so you know which Gauntlet you’ve earned them in. The Magics will not stack with each other! If you have SMITE from Gauntlet [West Kruna], it absolutely won’t benefit you to also own SMITE from Gauntlet [Chalua]. Not only can you personally not apply both to the same raid, but, as it is the same Magic, only one version of SMITE will be allowed on any given raid; again, no double benefit here. In the future, we’d like to vary these rewards up a bit more between each different Gauntlet type.
    You keep the Familiars you earn forever, and spend your Gauntlet and Pitchfork Tokens as usual.
    What are Expansion Slots?
    Expansion Slots allow you to add extra spaces into your Battalion; now, if you really want another Armament slot, you can get it!
    These slots carry over from Gauntlet to Gauntlet.
    Each type of expansion has a cap, but we can raise the available caps in future Gauntlets so that your Battalion can grow with your raiding inventory.
    How do I get Strikes?
    You start your first Gauntlet with 20 Strikes. (If you participated in the Gauntlet: West Kruna, you will not get 20 Strikes at the beginning of Gauntlet: Chalua).
    You'll get extra Strikes from each Gauntlet raid you defeat.
    You'll get Strikes with your daily login rewards while Gauntlet is active.
    You can redeem the one-time promo code CHALUA in the Bazaar for some extra Strikes.
    You can purchase more Strikes in the Gauntlet Shop.
    You can complete Daily Assignments that reward Gauntlet Strikes (this is not retroactive; only new Daily assignments might reward Strikes).
    Any Strikes you have remaining at the end of Gauntlet will carry over to the next Gauntlet, regardless of Gauntlet type.
    How do I not get hit so hard?
    Defense matters! The higher your total Defense, the more protection you have against damage from foes in the Gauntlet!
    What are these Gauntlet Tokens?
    You receive Gauntlet Tokens from completing Gauntlet Raids, and can use them to pick and choose the rewards that you want from the Gauntlet Shop. All of the items from Gauntlet: West Kruna are still available; in addition, you can choose
    • a new unique Troop
    • new Boosts (including a new Legion boost)
    • a new Raid Essence: Konungar.
    Like Strikes, Gauntlet Tokens persist from Gauntlet to Gauntlet, so if you're saving up for an Expansion Slot and don't quite make it this time, you won't have to start over next time.
    What are the Gauntlet Event Rewards?
    Gauntlet Event Rewards are given based on Leaderboard Rank within each League as follows.

What's up with these raid names?
    Gauntlet randomly generates the names of Gauntlet Raids. Sometimes they'll be fairly normal (ie: Dramatic Golem of the River) and sometimes they can be downright silly (ie: Another Zombie from your Past or Doomed Beast of Doom). We'll be running a fun new game with Gauntlet names here with a prize for participation, so put your thinking caps on!
    Can I score a crit on the Gauntlet?
    Crits do not work on the Gauntlet.
    If most procs don't work, what does?

How are there no ties?
    Your Leaderboard standing is determined by the highest level of raid you've defeated.
    The person who first defeats the highest level raid takes first place.
    There are essentially an infinite number of Gauntlet Raids, so there is always a chance of getting the top spot (until the Gauntlet ends).
    For example:
    If I'm the first person to defeat a level 22 Gauntlet Raid, and that is the highest level raid anyone in my League has beaten, I'm in first place.
    If Mouse is in my League and defeats level 22 after me but before anyone else in the League, I'm still in first place (Mouse is in second).
    If Mouse defeats level 23 before I do, Mouse is now in first place (I'm in second).
    If, instead, Codin comes out of nowhere and defeats level 23 before Mouse or myself, Codin's in first, I'm in second, and Mouse is in third.
    Last edited by Mimzy; 26th August 2016 at 21:34.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    We'll be running a fun new game with Gaunlet names here with a prize for participation, so put your thinking caps on!
    The link under "here" is not a proper link.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    **Known Issue - This proc is not currently working within the Gauntlet and will not for the duration of Gauntlet 1.
    Since this is no longer Gauntlet 1, does that mean it is now working?
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    The link under "here" is not a proper link.
    Fixed, thanks.

Since this is no longer Gauntlet 1, does that mean it is now working?
    Just spoke with the Tech Team, it looks like this did not get fixed, will make a note of it in the OP.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    On the bright side, as far as I can tell, auto-fill does a wonderful job of recognizing which items will give the biggest boost. I'm sure there are still some areas where manual tweaking might be better, but overall, auto-fill seems to do a great job.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Link is still not working

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I noticed the leader board gives gauntlet tokens as part of the rewards now, does that mean we have to wait until the next gauntlet to spend them?

If so, is there any way we can make a way for us to be able to spend gauntlet tokens after the gauntlet has ended?

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    yea, its silly that u got rewarded with something you can't spend for god knows how long, there should be a day extra for buying stuff

well, just like with war contributions

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Agree, with both Zalastir and Salamon, having access to the Gauntlet page for a day after closure would be very handy.

I also I agree with Salamons point on war contributions - which I think he meant as an "as well as" rather than an "as is".

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    This is especially hitting with me, I am 1 short of the 75 gauntlet coin unique troop by 2, well could get 1 more with my strikes, but not 2. My prize for ranking in the top 500 is 5 coins though, and I could get this unique troop, one that should be especially good with all the PC I spent opening slots. Yet I got to wait till next gauntlet just to buy the unique troop?!?

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePurple View Post
    This is especially hitting with me, I am 1 short of the 75 gauntlet coin unique troop by 2, well could get 1 more with my strikes, but not 2. My prize for ranking in the top 500 is 5 coins though, and I could get this unique troop, one that should be especially good with all the PC I spent opening slots. Yet I got to wait till next gauntlet just to buy the unique troop?!?
    Not to upset you but you may have to wait for the one after depending on how 5pg do the shop next time. There appears to be the thought that different gauntlets may have different shops. I may (hopefully) have that wrong.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Will there be a post that lists the top 500 for each bracket?

I'd like to know where I finish on both the Dragon (from NAG) and Wyrm (from WS) brackets, but I am stuck here at work and cannot be online as the event ends. And I suspect that after the event ends, I will only be able to collect my loot, but not see the rankings any longer.

(With about 3 hours left this morning, I was sitting in the top 50 of both listings. I certainly hope I did enough to remain there, but won't be surprised if at least on NAG I slip outside the top 50.)

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaek View Post
    Not to upset you but you may have to wait for the one after depending on how 5pg do the shop next time. There appears to be the thought that different gauntlets may have different shops. I may (hopefully) have that wrong.
    No current plans to separate the Gauntlet shop by Gauntlet type; we intend for that stuff to stick around. Once a Gauntlet ends there is presently no way to spend your Tokens until the next time Gauntlet is summoned, but we're looking at different options to make the Gauntlet shop available even when a Gauntlet isn't running but don't have a timeframe for that improvement at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis
    Yes, there will be one soonish.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Yes, there will be one soonish.
    Gauntlet: Chalua Leaderboards are in!