Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet: West Kruna Q&A

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    something i would like clarified please....

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy
    Leagues separate the Gauntlet Leaderboards based on your overall level. There are three Leagues:
    Whelpling: 20-999
    Wyrm: 1000-2499
    Dragon: 2500 +
    This allows a greater amount and variety of people to get the coveted Gauntlet rewards, and ensures that you're comparing your progress against your peers.
    Your League is determined by your level at the beginning of the Gauntlet, so if you level from 2486 to 2503, you'll remain in the Wyrm Leaugue for the duration of this Gauntlet (but will find yourself in the Dragon League next time around).
    Leagues and the Leaderboards span all servers.
    So we are battling against EVERYONE, from all Servers?

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    If it were me, I would have designed this to offer a player the choice of "The Hero Path" (F2P) or "The Warrior Path" (P2P) when starting the Gauntlet event. As-is, this is simple an "outspend your buddy" event. Adjust the Hero path loot accordingly of course to account for the no-PC spending choice, make it so you can only choose one path and not play both, and ta-da you have the entire player base included in this new feature. You still get the spenders in the P2P path spending to win the event & get the premium rewards, and the folks playing the F2P path have a good time too.
    Balthazar- AG - Raider's Guild

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoophead View Post
    If it were me, I would have designed this to offer a player the choice of "The Hero Path" (F2P) or "The Warrior Path" (P2P) when starting the Gauntlet event. As-is, this is simple an "outspend your buddy" event. Adjust the Hero path loot accordingly of course to account for the no-PC spending choice, make it so you can only choose one path and not play both, and ta-da you have the entire player base included in this new feature. You still get the spenders in the P2P path spending to win the event & get the premium rewards, and the folks playing the F2P path have a good time too.
    they pretty much have done that with the gauntlet tokens and gauntlet shop. how well it will be balanced out no clue. but free players will have rewards to get from this outside of the top 200 slots.

still think the idea of a pay on magic as the top reward that might not even be accessable to some servers is a bad design concept though.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    There is some info in OP now about "what proc works", but it's not covering everything I'd like to know - what about stats? Player stats and gear stats - do they follow raid damage formula? Or maybe gear and player stats are not counted at all and only battalion power counts? Also, what about mount procs (non crit ones)? Are you making mounts useless in Gauntlet?

Thanks in advance

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgarion View Post

Yes, that's a clarification since the original post three leagues (level dependent) across all servers, we fight by ourselves but are measured against all
    Last edited by Michaek; 25th June 2016 at 19:20. Reason: still/since

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Illethed View Post
    This sounds very interesting . Thank you for investing time and ideas into such a thing Devs . You got me, I'm hyped xD!

If 5th Planet Games gave everyone a flower as a gift, I'm pretty sure the following things would happen:
    - some people would complain about the flowers being underpowered;
    - some people would complain about the flowers being overpowered;
    - some people would complain about the flowers most possibly getting nerfed next patch;
    - some people would complain about the color of the flowers;
    - some people would complain about the shape of the flowers;
    - some people would complain about the length of the flowers;
    - some people would complain about the player council not taking any action regarding this;
    - some people would complain about old players being awarded the same thing as new players;
    - some people would complain about new players being awarded the same thing as old players;
    - some people would complain about flowers being a cashgrab;
    - some people would threaten to quit the game;
    - some people would demand compensation for having to have the flower;
    - some people would make polls about how bad the flowers are;
    - some people would suggest better flowers in the future;
    - some people would demand vol pots as compensation;
    - some people would complain about some people complaining about the flowers;
    - some people are just trolls or toxic;
    [/offtop]
    some people will fail to see an event as anything but a gift from the great dev gods themselves.

say what you want, but most others will not fail to see this for what it is - a money pit.
    more than likely you'll be wasting your time unless you're one of the CC warriors dumping money into the game.
    IF so then more power to you - but if you're free, you'll be wasting your time. This event is a $$$ sink, plain and simple.

(unless there are actual worthwhile rewards that ppl can get outside the top 200 spots: but i seriously doubt there will be anything close to rival a legion boost and direct stat boosts)

[edit] Clarification: Not saying a Paid event is a bad thing - It would have been better to have another event run simultaneous to this one that is 100% free and can allow F2P players something fun to do while the whales do their thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Our business philosophy is to do what is best for our players. 100% of our players will never agree with any decision we make, but we feel if we do right by our players they will do right by us. I am not talking about only the currently paying players here, I am talking about everyone.
    Entered West Kruna Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by xilos View Post
    some people will fail to see an event as anything but a gift from the great dev gods themselves.

say what you want, but most others will not fail to see this for what it is - a money pit.
    more than likely you'll be wasting your time unless you're one of the CC warriors dumping money into the game.
    IF so then more power to you - but if you're free, you'll be wasting your time. This event is a $$$ sink, plain and simple.

(unless there are actual worthwhile rewards that ppl can get outside the top 200 spots: but i seriously doubt there will be anything close to rival a legion boost and direct stat boosts)
    actually everyone seems to be forgetting there is *gauntlet tokens* and a *gauntlet shop* to spend them in. now if the items there will come even close in value to the 2 or 3 special shinnies from the top who knows. but all players will have access to that even if they aren't the top 200 spenders.

and really for most a small boost to troop counts and general counts is worth while if it can be obtained for free or very small PC expense. the real issue is that the gauntlet shop might be mainly just additions to gauntlet, but we do now there is a troop and general in it that are useable outside of gauntlet.

and interesting the ones that get the top 2 special shinnies don't even get to keep them unless they keep spending each time this comes around. so yeah it is a massive money pit for the spenders that want to chase those few special shinnies at the top, but it can be played without spending from what they have said so far. it really no worse than the festival. or the dawnivasary coin chests.

pick you level of willingness to spend into this and enjoy what it will get you. if that level is $10 or less, yes you have no shot at the top 200 spots most likely, but you will likely at least get the troop and general out of it for AP counts.

it would be nice if there was a way to pull out the actual free players from the spenders, but the way the game is set up you can't actually do that. we all get 1 PC every 5 levels, never mind a few random sources like luck with coin chests, so you can't really tell who is a free player and who isn't after a certain point.

but next time it is run it might be useful to add in a 4th league that to be in you can not have bought any additional strikes that week. you will still have players with PC gear able to dominate there, but it would be some what fairer to the free(ish) end of the player base as rankings there would be related to just your raw strength going into the gauntlet not how much you spend inside it. of course once you buy any additional strikes you would be moved to the current three leagues.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Idk, will have to wait til Monday to actually see the Gauntlet Shop, but so far I just do not really see any attraction for 95% of player base. I am expecting to find your typical WR loot items that can be purchased in the shop, which normally is decent but usually not worth actually spending PC for. If so, than the whales will fight for top 200 spots, everyone else will just use their free strikes (if they even bother) and stop. But who knows maybe will be surprised and find some good stuff in shop.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by ChVoS View Post
    The price in the video for strikes seems to be old.

1pc 4 strikes
    5pc 22 strikes
    10pc 46 strikes
    25pc 120 strikes
    50pc 250 strikes

its now

video says

2pc 1 strike
    9pc 5 strikes
    16pc 10 strikes
    35pc 25 strikes
    EDIT: Wait, which is the "current" pricing?

The strikes in the game currently state the 50PC for 250 strikes setup.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    EDIT: Wait, which is the "current" pricing?

The strikes in the game currently state the 50PC for 250 strikes setup.
    1pc 4 strikes
    5pc 22 strikes
    10pc 46 strikes
    25pc 120 strikes
    50pc 250 strikes

you can check it when you receive them from daily login or the code if you havent retrieved it yet, in any case, i cant find them in the inventory
    Starting 10/10/2010
    Immortal 5/18/2015
    Duel r44-Colosseum r40-Invasion r32
    P.B. 23,68b

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Yeah.

ChVoS confused me with the way he worded his post.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgarion View Post

I wonder on this, as well.

So, if FB has, at a given bracket, 7 of the top 10 players, Kong has 2, and WS has 1, no-one on NAG could ever get either of those "bonus loot" magics?

Seems unpleasant.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by LanderZ View Post

So, if FB has, at a given bracket, 7 of the top 10 players, Kong has 2, and WS has 1, no-one on NAG could ever get either of those "bonus loot" magics?

Seems unpleasant.
    Jeah but look at it from their point of view. As they saw regular players don't put anymore $ in then they have to cash in on the whales, and what could trigger a bigger $ war than whales batteling for glory and LB #1.

For me gauntlet seems boring and really not worth the hustle, but i'm not a whale either so ... I guess this isn't aimed at me. Will like to see what the shop will offer though for the free fights.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    This is a perfect example of 5pg way of thinking.
    Instead of encouraging everyone to invest a few dollars, they rather milk couple rich cows as much as they can until they die.

The best item we will probably get from this (shop) is 5% legion boosts and/or some fodder crap, so don't get your hopes up.
    Also, it's funny that there's no schedule when next gauntlet will come up, as it's rather important information for whoever wants to struggle for top place. Like there could be a schedule, once every 2/3 months or so. But still, i do not like neither rewards, how they're handled (temporary) and the general idea of only 3 leagues with all servers competing together. Too many ppl and too wide level ranges.

Instead, it could be separate for each server, plus level ranges should be like 100-999 / 1000-1999 / 2000-2999 / 3000-4999 / 5000+, where first two level ranges don't get the magic.

You know what time it is?
    MILKING TIME

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds

Seems unpleasant.
    Mimzy stated in NAG chat that it is a single LB for all servers. Whether this if final or not, I don't know, but I agree that it stinks.

Seems unpleasant.
    seems like they just refuse to listen to people telling them to make the top rewards mostly vanity items or at least not game altering....

the funny thing is the familiars alone would probably have been enough to fuel a spending war between the whales.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamon View Post
    Also, it's funny that there's no schedule when next gauntlet will come up, as it's rather important information for whoever wants to struggle for top place. Like there could be a schedule, once every 2/3 months or so. But still, i do not like neither rewards, how they're handled (temporary) and the general idea of only 3 leagues with all servers competing together. Too many ppl and too wide level ranges.

Instead, it could be separate for each server, plus level ranges should be like 100-999 / 1000-1999 / 2000-2999 / 3000-4999 / 5000+, where first two level ranges don't get the magic.
    This level range would work way better, because there is no conceivable way with how the servers are now, that someone level 2,500 can be expected to compete against the level 10,000 players across servers. It made sense in the past when there were only a handful of immortals, and it's still a little messy given that there are fewer level 5,000+ players (across servers I would assume there are still more than 200), but it would be much more fair to split out the levels by every thousand up to 5,000.

It's additionally disappointing that we can't hope to see the ability of the magics to get to all the servers eventually if they were permanent, but I guess we will see how it works out. I'd be sad to see one of the newer, smaller servers (WS, NG/AG servers) not get any of the magics at all (or only a very few). Not the greatest way to bring the community together.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwjlh View Post
    This level range would work way better, because there is no conceivable way with how the servers are now, that someone level 2,500 can be expected to compete against the level 10,000 players across servers. It made sense in the past when there were only a handful of immortals, and it's still a little messy given that there are fewer level 5,000+ players (across servers I would assume there are still more than 200), but it would be much more fair to split out the levels by every thousand up to 5,000.

It's additionally disappointing that we can't hope to see the ability of the magics to get to all the servers eventually if they were permanent, but I guess we will see how it works out. I'd be sad to see one of the newer, smaller servers (WS, NG/AG servers) not get any of the magics at all (or only a very few). Not the greatest way to bring the community together.
    From what we can see of the mechanics, why can't a 2500 compete against a 10,000?

Most procs don't matter. We don't know if stats matter. We do know numbers of hits matter, but that's just PC and time.

Notwithstanding stats [which we don't know if they matter or not], why, exactly, could a 2500 not compete against a 10,000?

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    From what we can see of the mechanics, why can't a 2500 compete against a 10,000?

Most procs don't matter. We don't know if stats matter. We do know numbers of hits matter, but that's just PC and time.

Notwithstanding stats [which we don't know if they matter or not], why, exactly, could a 2500 not compete against a 10,000?
    well the lvl 10ks are the ones who spend for everything, so... i think people are sort of combining lvl with $$ as the person that spends the most will win. just my opinion though and how i see it
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Our business philosophy is to do what is best for our players. 100% of our players will never agree with any decision we make, but we feel if we do right by our players they will do right by us. I am not talking about only the currently paying players here, I am talking about everyone.
    Entered West Kruna Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by xilos View Post
    well the lvl 10ks are the ones who spend for everything, so... i think people are sort of combining lvl with $$ as the person that spends the most will win. just my opinion though and how i see it
    A player who reached 2500 in 2 days might well have spent as much as a player who took over 5 years to reach 10k.

Equating cost and level is not necessarily accurate. I was wondering if there was anything other than this fallacied equivocation [or, as I said before, potentially base stats] to suggest that level mattered.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast