Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet: West Kruna Q&A

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

Gauntlet: West Kruna Q&A

Felicitations, Dragon Masters!

The Gauntlet Tutorial Video provided the basics of Gauntlet use, but we're aware there may be further questions or points for clarification; as such, we'll provide a list of questions and answers as possible in this thread (updating the original post to make it easy to find answers).

What video?

I don't want to / can't watch a video

Why can't I join the Gauntlet?
    The Gauntlet is only available for players level 20 and above.
    While we want you to participate and enjoy this feature, before level 20 you've probably got a lot on your plate, learning the mechanics and flow of the game.
    With some dedication, you can easily reach this level before the Gauntlet ends and play along!
    What are Leagues?
    Leagues separate the Gauntlet Leaderboards based on your overall level. There are three Leagues:
    • Whelpling: 20-999
    • Wyrm: 1000-2499
    • Dragon: 2500 +
    This allows a greater amount and variety of people to get the coveted Gauntlet rewards, and ensures that you're comparing your progress against your peers.
    Your League is determined by your level at the beginning of the Gauntlet, so if you level from 2486 to 2503, you'll remain in the Wyrm Leaugue for the duration of this Gauntlet (but will find yourself in the Dragon League next time around).
    Leagues and the Leaderboards span all servers.
    Do Leaderboard Rewards Expire?
    Gauntlet Leaderboard Magics and Necklaces will remain with the victors only until the next Gauntlet of the same type comes around. Note, this example cites Chalua primarily but the info applies to all Gauntlet types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    The first Gauntlet we summoned back in June is now known as Gauntlet [West Kruna], whereas the Gauntlet this month will be known as Gauntlet [Chalua].

Rewards earned in Gauntlet [West Kruna] will not be removed with the summon of Gauntlet [Chalua].
    Rewards from Gauntlet [West Kruna] will be removed when we summon Gauntlet [West Kruna] again in the future (we’re still internally discussing this date).

Leaderboard rewards from Gauntlet [West Kruna] and Gauntlet [Chalua] will be generally the same (same Magics, Neck items, etc) but will have additional text added so you know which Gauntlet you’ve earned them in. The Magics will not stack with each other! If you have SMITE from Gauntlet [West Kruna], it absolutely won’t benefit you to also own SMITE from Gauntlet [Chalua]. Not only can you personally not apply both to the same raid, but, as it is the same Magic, only one version of SMITE will be allowed on any given raid; again, no double benefit here. In the future, we’d like to vary these rewards up a bit more between each different Gauntlet type.
    You keep the Familiars you earn forever, and spend your Gauntlet and Pitchfork Tokens as usual.
    What are Expansion Slots?
    Expansion Slots allow you to add extra spaces into your Battalion; now, if you really want another Armament slot, you can get it!
    These slots carry over from Gauntlet to Gauntlet.
    Each type of expansion has a cap, but we can raise the available caps in future Gauntlets so that your Battalion can grow with your raiding inventory.
    How do I get Strikes?
    You start your first Gauntlet with 20 Strikes. (If you participated in the Gauntlet: West Kruna, you will not get 20 Strikes at the beginning of this Gauntlet).
    You'll get extra Strikes from each Gauntlet raid you defeat.
    You'll get Strikes with your daily login rewards while Gauntlet is active.
    You can purchase more Strikes in the Gauntlet Shop.
    You can complete Daily Assignments that reward Gauntlet Strikes (this is not retroactive; only new Daily assignments might reward Strikes).
    Any Strikes you have remaining at the end of Gauntlet will carry over to the next Gauntlet, regardless of Gauntlet type.
    How do I not get hit so hard?
    Defense matters! The higher your total Defense, the more protection you have against damage from foes in the Gauntlet!
    What are these Gauntlet Tokens?
    You receive Gauntlet Tokens from completing Gauntlet Raids, and can use them to pick and choose the rewards that you want from the Gauntlet Shop. All of the items from Gauntlet: West Kruna are still available.

Like Strikes, Gauntlet Tokens persist from Gauntlet to Gauntlet, so if you're saving up for an Expansion Slot and don't quite make it this time, you won't have to start over next time.
    What are the Gauntlet Event Rewards?
    Gauntlet Event Rewards are given based on Leaderboard Rank within each League as follows.

What's up with these raid names?
    Gauntlet randomly generates the names of Gauntlet Raids. Sometimes they'll be fairly normal (ie: Dramatic Golem of the River) and sometimes they can be downright silly (ie: Another Zombie from your Past or Doomed Beast of Doom).
    Can I score a crit on the Gauntlet?
    Crits do not work on the Gauntlet.
    If most procs don't work, what does?

How are there no ties?
    Your Leaderboard standing is determined by the highest level of raid you've defeated.
    The person who first defeats the highest level raid takes first place.
    There are essentially an infinite number of Gauntlet Raids, so there is always a chance of getting the top spot (until the Gauntlet ends).
    For example:
    If I'm the first person to defeat a level 22 Gauntlet Raid, and that is the highest level raid anyone in my League has beaten, I'm in first place.
    If Mouse is in my League and defeats level 22 after me but before anyone else in the League, I'm still in first place (Mouse is in second).
    If Mouse defeats level 23 before I do, Mouse is now in first place (I'm in second).
    If, instead, Codin comes out of nowhere and defeats level 23 before Mouse or myself, Codin's in first, I'm in second, and Mouse is in third.
    Last edited by Mimzy; 27th June 2016 at 18:38.

World Mender
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy View Post
    Like Legions, Battalions use Army Items to boost your damage. Most usual procs don’t work against the Gauntlet, so choose your allies wisely.
    Could we get more info on this? It is purely stats? Are they weighted the same as normal damage in legions?
    Last edited by ODragon; 24th June 2016 at 21:08.

World Mender
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    How about Crits and Forced Crits? Are they still there?

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Thank you for the video transcript. I can't view videos during the daytime because of my satellite internet's data cap, so that helps a lot.

So only the top 200 players get something?

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Charybdis View Post
    Per league there seems to be three leagues, but are the leagues per server or combined?

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Charybdis View Post
    There's still the Gauntlet shop with things to purchase using rewards/loot from gauntlet raids.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    it seems like a big pc ripoff and making strongest players stronger

but i definitely wont be disappointed to see that i wasnt right
    ap wasted on gamble zone : 50k (only nobles)
    boots: 5 gloves: 1
    result: zone unlocked

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by atol View Post
    it seems like a big pc ripoff and making strongest players stronger

but i definitely wont be disappointed to see that i wasnt right
    Eh everyone probably knew it was it was going to be pc based, given that it was (probably?) intended to be released during dawni.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    The Gauntlet Leaderboard doesn’t allow ties, so whoever gets to the top spot first, gets the top rank and earns special event rewards.

You need to rethink this. Dependant a what time you release it, some players are going to get screwed. I know its a 3 day event but I also know, as do you, that there are players who will smash through this in an hour, regardless of the cost. So if you dont live in the 'right' place you dont have a chance.

Other than that seems like a reasonable event.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklife View Post
    The Gauntlet Leaderboard doesn’t allow ties, so whoever gets to the top spot first, gets the top rank and earns special event rewards.

You need to rethink this. Dependant a what time you release it, some players are going to get screwed. I know its a 3 day event but I also know, as do you, that there are players who will smash through this in an hour, regardless of the cost. So if you dont live in the 'right' place you dont have a chance.

Seconded. I'm all for people spending their money how they see fit, but I also believe people should have a fair shot for top spots as well.

...did that make sense? I really hope it makes sense.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds

Not sure how you figure that since, as far as I can tell, there's no specific point where "top spot" is guaranteed. If you get to the top spot second, just hit another raid and BOOM, instant first.

*shrug*
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by ODragon View Post
    Could we get more info on this? It is purely stats? As they weighted the same as normal damage in legions?
    I'll be working on a list of examples of procs that work for you guys.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    "let's give the already overpowered, more power, and limit it to just them." Giving items to players that don't need it, and can never get it, only infuriates those who for lack of a credit card, or time will never be able to raise that far, especially immortals. (2500 +) Who don't have a hope of reaching top tier.
    Granted if it was tied it'd be another story, and worth going for. But with it just being one, why bother? This is stacked towards pc heavy and whales, which doesn't motivate people, and is going to ruin the gauntlet, before it even starts.

Again, like echidna last week, this is an OBVIOUS thing that's going to tick some people (guessing, myself included) off. If it was a fair chance to get to #1, or even a close call, sure.

But let's face it, it's not, and never will be fair, when a credit card is involved on a feature, or, in favor of those who have played longer that can never be caught up to.

It's not even up, yet, sadly.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I know the playerbase is dwindling and there are not nearly as many players now as there used to be, but only 200 players in each bracket getting rewards? That doesn't seem like a good way to encourage more players to get into the game and continue playing. Even if you don't have trophies or necklaces or anything for 201-500 or whatever, some sort of familiar or something wouldn't be uncalled for.

Sure, I'm probably just whining, and sure there is something to having it be competitive (and there will be people who hate the idea of "participation prizes") but given the heavy favoritism for PC players, it would be nice to have a hope of getting something besides the prizes from the tokens.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Since magic and neck will be removed before each gauntlet, I think many would like to know how often the gauntlet will be resummoned?

Disciple of the Traveller

something else in the same vein, can someone in future guantlets rewin the top spot(s)? this could devolve into a set of 10 players always being the ones holding the two special magics, which could on top of that be favored by physical time zones.

of course the thought of a magic completely restricted to a single player may not be the best idea ever put out, kind of depends on how that player behaves on if it will ever be seen outside of their guild for instance. never mind am sure it will get old with players begging for the magic to be cast.

and if the leagues are actually across all servers it is possible that one server may end up with none of the top 10 spots meaning no access to either of the magics.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrst View Post
    "let's give the already overpowered, more power, and limit it to just them." Giving items to players that don't need it, and can never get it, only infuriates those who for lack of a credit card, or time will never be able to raise that far, especially immortals. (2500 +) Who don't have a hope of reaching top tier.
    Granted if it was tied it'd be another story, and worth going for. But with it just being one, why bother? This is stacked towards pc heavy and whales, which doesn't motivate people, and is going to ruin the gauntlet, before it even starts.

Again, like echidna last week, this is an OBVIOUS thing that's going to tick some people (guessing, myself included) off. If it was a fair chance to get to #1, or even a close call, sure.

But let's face it, it's not, and never will be fair, when a credit card is involved on a feature, or, in favor of those who have played longer that can never be caught up to.

It's not even up, yet, sadly.

there being mainly vanity items reserved for the top spots would be one thing. if it was say just the familiars and the neck pieces just vanity items, it wouldn't be a big deal that they are only for the heavy spending crowd. having a fairly good magic locked behind a pay wall isn't the smartest thing they have done of late.

thought they had learned this with the WRs of late where the top damage had been giving helms with 0/0 stats and such.

I could care less if don't get to the #1 spot or even into the top 200 spots, but that there is non-trivial rewards that will be hidden behind a wall of just who is willing to spend the most is bit off putting to the bulk of your player base.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    What do you think? How many $ it takes one to get rank 1 in the Immortals bracket?

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Oh, what shocking news! As i said as it was first announced ... sadly. Wasn't some item hunting fun with quest zones and some raids? something to do, if you are out of strikes and credit card?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast