Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plundarr's Christmas Contest

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I wanted to paint this, but with the busy holiday season I kind of ran out of time. Hopefully the under-drawing still gets the idea across.

(If I have time to paint it in the next day or two I will, but being Christmas I can't guarantee it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XMas2015.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	276.1 KB 
ID:	7796

IGN: Skarn_OW
    Platform: FB
    Guild: Odin's Wrath!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

The gnomes rage

i have already done a poem but i thought it would be fun to do a short story to hope u lke it

Once every first day of the year the red clothed yule travel around the world and give presends to the children of the world however those arent made by themshelves but from small gnomes that are kept as slaves underneath the ground working all day in small dungeons. However because of the really bad conditions there most died and the yule where troubled since this could not happen days before Christmas so they made them work and stay alive despite their pain. After some days the gnomes had decided they would kill the Yule no matter what happens to them the had been capurted mny time but them the red clothed monsters where the worst of them all.They talked to Khoddy their healer and asked him to be their leader since he was really skilled and wise and he agreed in the term that every gnome obeys his orders.First the reacted by not creating toys and making the Yules really nervous and their cruelty reached a new level however while they tortured the poor gnomed those only laughed making the Yules trouble about whats happening so they decided to stop the tortures for a bit.Next they tried to find weapons and armor so they can fight the Yules.First they asked for help from the Orc but they only received chopped dragon heads.Then they asked help from the Goblins but again they got nothin.Last the asked help from the Krunan people which gladly gave them equipment so the can achieve their goal and they offered them a place to stay after the get away.Last part of their plans was when there gonna attack and they found that way after the Christmas festival when the Yule would be drunk and asleep.when that day arrived the little gnomes wore their armors and realeased their rage on the Yules

NONE WOULD BE SAFE FROM THE GNOMES RAGE!!

I rarely check the forums these days so you'll excuse me for my hasty drawings, didn't have the time to color them, but i guess they'll do IGN SirBlood; Platform:fb; Guild: KOS
    Edited to include one last i drew for the underage players hehe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12399995_10208466163151565_1790590514_o.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	7803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12404999_10208466163271568_1766384946_o.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	7804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12415438_10208466163591576_992999671_o.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	7805   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12415540_10208466164231592_1868046018_o.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	7806   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12399021_10208907752557530_1080574489_n.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	7813  

Last edited by Sir Blood; 21st December 2015 at 22:41.
    Take a look at my eyes and then say you don't see all the depthlessness you seek to make you feel worthless

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    doesnt it have to be with dawn and x mas related?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Yes it has, but some peoples just read between ligns eheh. But in the end i think that if the story/art/etc... is good, it's probably ok

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I chose to write a little story I hope you enjoy. It has the themes Christmas and Dawn of the dragons
    There may be some spelling mistakes since I'm not from an English speaking country. I sincerely apologize beforehand if there is bad grammar or spelling mistakes.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I finally finished decorating for Christmas tomorrow, everything had to be perfect for my two daughters since this was the first time they had to spend Christmas since they lost their mother, as the father of the family it was my duty to stay strong and hold the family together, that's what Hannah would have wanted. Before going to sleep I opened my computer and played Dawn of the dragons, i had finally finished the first quest map ''Burden's Rest''.
    ''Where the heck am I, and how the hell did I get here!!??'' I yelled. One second I was sitting alone in my room playing a game called Dawn of the dragons and all of a sudden I found myself outside in the middle of the night surrounded by hundreds of crops. I was completely confused and started yelling ''Is anyone here?!?''.
    It was very cold and dark, and I didn't know what to do. Suddenly I started hearing a weird sound around the crops. ''Maybe it's a person that can help me find my way'' I thought while approaching the sound. I went through the crops pushing them to the side, as I approached it the sound became louder and I started getting a little scared. I started talking as I moved the last crops out of my way ''Sir can you help m...'' I stopped my sentence halfway and was scared stiff. There was a human-sized lizard with a giant sword in its right hand eating a man right in front of me. It turned around and looked me straight in the eyes, its mouth was covered in blood. It had green skin, huge yellow eyes and teeth as sharp as its sword, the man on the ground was dead. The lizard quickly stood up and ran towards me and started swinging the sword at me, ''This is the end'' said to myself that. It swung the sword at me and I was prepared to die. I heard the sword make a huge swishhhh sound. ''huhh'' I thought to myself, I had dodged its swing. My body reacted on its own and dodged the sword. The lizard kept swinging the sword at me and I was dodging the swings one after the other. It was getting tired from swinging and I from dodging. I decided to try and run away since I didn't have any weapon to fight it with. As soon as I turned my back to run away the lizard swung at me and hit my back leaving a giant cut in my back. ''I can't give up now'' I said to myself and started running. I kept running and running, and my vision started to get more and more blurry. I looked behind and there were no signs of the lizard, I fell down of exhaustion and tried to catch my breath. I couldn't think of anything but my two daughters, and how they would be left alone in this world without a father. ''Maria and Lucy, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I can't be there for you and watch you grow up, I'm sorry that I can no longer celebrate birthdays with you and I'm sorry that we didn't get to celebrate Christmas together'' I burst into tears thinking about how they would be left without any parents. Suddenly it began to snow and the sun started to rise. I felt the cold snow melting on my cheeks hiding the fact that I was crying. I could no longer stay conscious, and I closed my eyes as I mumbled my last words ''I'm sorry''.
    I started hearing weird voices, the voices became clearer and clearer. ''Dad wake up it is Christmas today'' said Mary and Lucy. ''Why are you crying'' they asked. I hugged them as hard as I could, and gave them a kiss on their foreheads and said to myself ''Thank goodness, it was all just a dream''. ''I probably shouldn't play dawn of the dragons so much before i go to sleep'' I thought to myself. I looked at them and said ''Merry Christmas Mary and Lucy'' .
    ''Merry Christmas'' they said and started smiling.

Platform: Armorgames
    ign: NoaTheDuck
    Guild: AAA Guild
    Armorcode: KVJMEDMJ

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I'm so srry it's a bit late plsss let it count. plssss

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Guildie made an account before the 21st, but it hasn't gotten verified in time.

IGN - Wodd
    Platform - Kong
    Guild - Kronos 2

http://postimg.org/image/eydayfsx5/

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Merry Christmas !

The time, when Christmas is close and you spend much time with your whole family, your often reminded of your own Childhood ...
    And in every Man there is a Child! So here is my old Christmas list when i was 6

Name:	Plundarrs Christmas.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	7814

Platform: Kongregate
    Ign: Mathestudent
    Guild: Germans
    Armycode: ERMPHIMJ
    Level: 2245

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Haiku, in honor of the season:

Scaly wyrm above
    Cows soars over parapets
    Deadly gifts rain down

Happy Merry, all!

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I really wanted to participate in this but I hate poetry, got no writing skills, and even less art skills Maybe if programming greasemonkey script was accepted.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    *I know this is late, I would still like to post it regardless of the contest in honor of my family and server J Thank you Plundarr and 5pg for this contest, I am sure some will be happy christmas morning! *

Every year in Dawn we sit around a Christmas tree and drink our Volatiles and chatted for hours. We sing Christmas carols and talk about the amazing year we have had. It’s always a great time. Hotrod is always bragging about his auto levels, Fizz is always drunk on whatever Fizz drinks, Anomander is trying to make Fizz make him a “sammich”. Goldfish is always “blupping” around, Ludus always looking for his “Rare Profiles” and Orgus always hitting things. It is always an amazing time. Something seemed odd this year... Like something was missing. Then it hit me. Where was Hero?

Hero, Hodor, a man of kind words! Rode in to Kasan on his Magic Carpet Herd. He always greeted with a smile, and “Welcome to Dawn!” He was a player for people, Selfish I think not. He was the top of his class, he was the best of the best! The entire server loved him, even though he was better than the rest. He was the keeper of high hits, 207 billion at that, It was always a pleasant surprise to see him in chat.. But one day I logged on and he never came back. I waited a week, then two.. My heart then sunk.. As I logged in one day to hear his story was done. We miss you our friend, our raider, our quester, our saver, our Hodor.. Until we meet again, Hero.

Merry Christmas to everyone! This is a little short story/poem I wrote as Hero was one of the nicest people you could ever meet in an online game, and I had the honor of playing with him for the half a year he played. I would also like to give a special shout out to other players who have gone missing this year that I will not forget. Xana, FU_Cham, Red, Dobby (Heretic), Quasar, Ystrell, Iskabis, Fanatik, Rorscach, Kalladin, Badstromper… You guys, if you ever read this, are one of the reasons this game is as fun as it is. The community is the game for me, it makes Dawn the game it is today. Thank you to everyone for playing Dawn and making it the game we love! Let’s hope for another good year for 5pg and let’s hope I will not have to make a paragraph like this next year.. Merry Christmas and happy holidays all!

IGN: PureBLuvXMAS*
    Server Kasan
    Guild; Azure Bonds
    Army Code:FQOODCMJ
    Last edited by Pure_Bazurek; 23rd December 2015 at 06:51. Reason: I am terrible with grammar.

"You are the wind at my back, the sword at my side."
    ~ I am Pure_Berzerk, the leader of Azure Bonds (Kasan), and Wench_BLT member of Wenches Of West Kruna (Solus)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Yule Tide

I tried to submit this before the deadline but my account didn't get approved until today. I sent a message to Plundarr at the time so he can corroborate this if he desires.

The Yules are a myth. There is no mystical race of giant humanesque creatures that appear during the winter with troves of treasure or parcels of coal to pass out to the nice and the naughty respectively. At least thats what the wanderer had always thought before cresting the snow covered hill that was the halfway point to his next destination. His memory stretched back through many years, many wars, many stories and none of them held any evidence of the Yules people so often warned children of.

As is so often the case with the things we are absolutely certain of in life the wanderer had his certainty crushed by the hammerblow of reality on top of that snow laden escarpment under the dreary gray winter sky of the shortest day of the year. For no more than a hundred yards directly in his line of travel a battle was being waged. On one side human settlers from the region, a local militia if you will, had long spears and shields and were attempting to surround the other side which consisted of a giant with normal humans features on a normal human body if that body were 25 feet tall rather than six. From the distance the wanderer maintained from the fight he could see that the giant was wearing all red clothing with white wool trim all along the edges and a red hat with a white wool ball on the end.

However even in the face of a myth come to life the wanderer was a practical man. He saw the bag overflowing with loot that the Yule was fighting to protect. He knew some of the men and women in the militia from when he had passed through before and he could only assume that had some good reason for the fight they were in. Moral quandaries aside the wanderer quickly launched himself down the hill. Drawing his weapons on the run he leapt into the fray alongside the struggling militia.

As the wanderer came among them the militia felt revitalized and renewed their efforts to pin the giant and keep its large staff from connecting with any friendly faces. The wanderer was the perfect distraction. That he was quicker than the giant became readily apparent as he dodged in and out of its ample reach while constantly pricking it with the point of his blades. These shallow cuts did little to damage the Yule but did much to focus its attention. With the pressure off of their shoulders the militia were able to thoroughly surround the giant and coordinate their attacks to grievously wound it.

In homage of the crucial role he played the wanderer was allowed to land the killing blow and given first pick from the bounty of the Yuletide Bag. The gems he took would be enough to feed him for the year to come if they were rationed well and so he accepted the villagers request to join them for a feast to celebrate the end of a good year and their bountiful haul at the hall in their village.

The party lasted long into the night around the bonfire built to remove all traces of the giant from the land. Copious amounts of ale were imbibed, several wild boar were slaughtered and roasted over open flames and stories of triumph and success from the year before were shared in plenty. The wanderer took all this in with a hint of trepidation in his heart. It was almost as if he knew something ill-fated waited for them at the dawn, but he shrugged it off as lack of sleep and joined in the revel as freely as they all did.

The snap of breaking bone jarred him from where he lay beside the dying coals of one of the fires and as one used to the perils of the wild he was awake and on his feet with weapons drawn in a flash. At the end of the hall stood another giant. Similar to the one he had joined in dispatching earlier. However where the first giant had simply looked like a large human this one was clearly from another race and the numerous scars on its face and tears in its clothing attested to a more dangerous life than the unmarred face of the giant that came before. There was also a noticeable difference in size and instead of a bag full of treasure this giant carried a blood-soaked bag of heads.

Snapping bone echoed again from the direction of this giant, this Yuletide bearer of punishment, and it was immediately obvious that it had dispatched of all the remaining militia that had been involved in the death the night before. Ah you are awake at last...good, rumbled the giant as it noticed the wanderer standing there ready to fight. I had hoped this year would be the one in which you made the right choice and lives would be spared. Alas my hope was for naught and I have again had to be the instrument of vengeance for my people.

Staring dumbfounded at the giant that clearly thought it knew him the wanderer took his time before responding, Im not sure I take your meaning giant but I have done no wrong by these people or by you. I merely stepped in to aid my fellow man against an enemy that had them hard pressed.

Yes you still only pause to consider whether you are capable of entering the fray and changing the course of a battle and never to ask whether you SHOULD do so or not. I do not know how you are supposed to learn with your memories clouded as they are but that is not the job I have been given. I am merely to watch and to judge whether you continue to fail or finally succeed. I am only glad that in the moment of death you will remember what all of this is for and maybe carry some fragment of the man you need to be into your next awakening. spoke the giant as it slowly took great strides down the hall toward the wanderer. With that cryptic phrase the wanderer launched himself at the giant but as great as the gulf had been between himself and his previous foe, so was this new foe greater than himself. With a flick of its staff the wanderer lost his shield and with one powerful sweep of its hand the giant turned the wanderers blade back on him and ran him through.

As the blood pooled under the still warm body of the wanderer he remembered who he was, why this was happening and how it had happened so many times before. He was a general of the armies of the north who had mistakenly destroyed a village of peaceful Yules and been cursed for his stupidity, but the curse was also intended as a blessing. For every time he failed, he was given the opportunity to become a better man. Death was not the end for this curse. He always returned to life with no memories of death or the Yules but something always came with him, some improvement upon who he was. There were easier paths a man could take to become better but in his foolishness he had set himself on this, the hardest of paths. He could only learn from his failures and only in bits and pieces but the gift he had been given was this: he had the opportunity, he could be better and as the light at last faded from his eyes he knew that the next time, he would be.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Submission was sent to Pundlarr before the dead line cause my forum account didn't get approved until today.
    Inspired by the Yule tribe, I edited this picture using Photoshop. Merry Christmas to all and good luck for the contest.
    ~Eko

Name:	DotD Xmas contest 2015 Forum.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	7820

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Hello Plundar do we have results yet? *crossing fingers*

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    still no results ? hope i will be in the top 6

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Come on you can wait a bit more, still not 26th Dec
    -I am the eternal Dragonlord of the Ulan Province.
    -Wait what?
    -Nothing...

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Sorry guys, I have been sick for a bit now. Trying to read and look at all submissions between Nyquil comas.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post
    Sorry guys, I have been sick for a bit now. Trying to read and look at all submissions between Nyquil comas.
    NP Plundarr, if you need more time we can wait, is not like the Mayan will bring back their calendar XD
    I hope you feel better.

PD: Merry Xmas!

Alter-.
    -I am the eternal Dragonlord of the Ulan Province.
    -Wait what?
    -Nothing...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast