Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plundarr's Christmas Contest

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Anthem to Dawn

I may not be the best player in the world
    but i certainly love love dawn
    From the zombies that are here to stay
    to the big dragons that are impossible to slay

From the Nq and her horde
    to Lypran and his majestic sword
    From the creepy looking qwils
    to the giands that demand great wills

From machines that spread death
    to building that produce lots of wealth
    From crazy Santas with no skill
    to vile snowmen made to kill

From Logann the ultimate dragon master
    to the ones potting to level up faster
    From KidRock saving raids
    to the yule tribe full of rage

From the Xmas codes that make us happy
    to the baked goods and the stamina candy
    From the deadly chills of winters
    to the ones caused by soul eaters

From the kessov banners hanging on the walls
    to the festival cakes that are so good to stop wars
    From the pies that make us fight
    to the puddings that we eat at night

From the winter festivals full of gifts
    to the expeditions that give sweets
    From the mistletoes on the castle's doors
    to the untravelled and dangerous shores

From the mysterious present bearers
    to the ones that dare to call themshelves slayers
    From the cold blood event
    to pc that someone who loves you sent

This is why i love dawn
    although im not the best player in the world

server: kasan
    name : kolotripidas
    army code:FUPVFCMJ
    platform:Kongregate
    Last edited by kolotripidas; 5th December 2015 at 15:16. Reason: not related to Xmas

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sin nombre2.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	725.8 KB 
ID:	7683

ing: chaos
    server: armorgames
    army code: IRIOJCMJ
    lv 1119

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Platform: Kongregate
    IGN: Tweak
    Army Code: JQKQJCMJ
    Level: 3,338 (currently)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Before I began, i thank Plundarr for this contest, hoping that my tale will please you.

That tale begins in early December when Logann tired after pushing the Lag Beast into a corner after years of effort, ends up in the frozen lands of the Yule tribe.

First week of December :
    After several research in this wastelands Logan discovers a village built in the ice. Being hungry after his fight, he began to walk towards the village to find an inn. Once reached the entrance, he notice that he was in front of the Yule tribe, a very discrete tribe, of which even he ignored about their history. Continuing his way in search of a inn while being observed by the tribe, he suddenly found himself facing a bearded old man dressed in red. The old man surprised to see an unknown face here, asked Logann :
    "Good evening foreigner, what can bring you as much deeper into this land?"
    Logann replied the old man that he was looking for an inn and was interested in why they were hiding in the ice. The understanding old man introduced himself as the Yule Present Bearer, the chief of the Yule tribe and decided to accompany Logann to the nearest inn while explaining why they were hiding :
    "It's been over 5 years since we hide, it all began right after the end of open beta, when a thing called Lag Beast suddenly appeared. That thing or rather that monster attacked all types of raids, WR, ER, even daily raids. Afraid for our lives, we recluse in this lands hoping that the Beast wouldn't follow us but unfortunately we still feel earthquakes caused by the Beast."
    When the Yule Present Bearer finished his story, the two men finally reached the inn. Logann thanked the Yule Present Bearer for being accompanied to the destination as well as for telling him their story and left the Yule Present Bearer saying that he had managed to pushed back the Lag beast in its last retrenchments.

Second week of December :
    After many days during which Logann has feasted and rested, one morning while he slept, an earthquake woke him up. Worried that the Beast have already recovered in order to attack Ell'Shoaz'Dahaq, a long awaited raid, he quickly headed to the Chief's hut, to prevent his departure to fight the Beast once more. Having raced a few hours to loose fat accumulated over the feasts, Logann reached the cave where the Lag Beast was. He walked proudly and serenely for several minutes until he reaches the Beast. In front of the Beast again, Logann was determined to end it once for all here and now, he equipped himself of his set "Dragon Tamer Cruisade" and summoned all his dragons. The Beast being still weak, Logann successfully managed to push it back against a wall without too much difficulty. As he prepared to deal the final blow, he heard the Lag Beast whisper something in a weird language :
    "Please spare me, i just want have some friends."
    Logann in his large compassion, didn't hesitate a single seconde to pierce the Lag Beast source code to stop these earthquakes for good, and thus save the Yule Tribe. When Logann was back in the village, he was hailed as a hero. The Yule Present Bearer asked him to stay a few days while he was preparing a thank you gift for him.

Third week of December :
    In midweek, the Yule Present Bearer went to the inn where Logann was staying. He explained him that since the defeat of the Lag beast, some citizens were gone traveled all around the world. He continued his explanation, saying that if during his adventures he met a member of the Yule Tribe, he had only to say "Merry Christmas dawn of the Dragons" in order for the Yule tribe's member gives him everything he could need. In the evening, after a final feast, Logann took the road looking for a new Lag Beast.

The End...

Hope everyone enjoyed and Merry Christmas everyone

Platform : NewGrounds
    In Game Name : Sharpness
    Army code : JOKMFDMJ
    Level : 967 (currently)

Last edited by Sharpness; 6th December 2015 at 21:32.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

edit: sorry just testing tags for my story!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Okay here's my story! Hope you all enjoy it! (also apologies in advance if format is odd, haven't used forums in a while + was never very good with it)

She grew weary.
    Weary of having to dispose of her enemies dead bodies, with after a simple flick of her sword, their bodies slumped lifeless in a pool of their own blood and guts.
    Weary of being the one to end the hopes of many challengers, who aspire to be the next duel champion like herself.
    Weary of being known by her title, earned through years of duelling. “Countess Serpina” – a name associated with fear and death. Though she revelled in the infamy for some time, she wearied of the sameness of her life.
    This year, she set out to prove she could be feared, but simultaneously, loved, which she secretly yearned for.
    The only problem she faced was how she could manage this, as her fearsome reputation would be a hard image to rid across West Kruna.
    She began to ask people around West Kruna for advice on how to make people like her this winter. Although many didn’t respond due to outright fear, she did have some people give advice, however, most of the advice was beyond ridiculous.

In the end Countess Serpina realised she would have to come up with something herself. So after some contemplation thought, maybe she could dress up as Santa? Only she would be a female Santa! She could have elves too! And even hand out small gifts! Perfect, everybody loves Santa! That is if they could look past the festive yet destructive Yule tribe horrors.

Countess Serpina searched the land for material to craft her Santa outfit from. Visiting Bosso the Toymaker and even abandoned Yule tribe villages in attempts to scavenge materials. Eventually she had what she needed, and so sat down and spent what would be a long night crafting (hopefully) the best Santa outfit anyone will have ever seen.

The following morning, she found herself slumped over the Oak table she was working at. She had fallen asleep. What a disaster! The hat wasn't even finished yet, the first item she got to work on! She was quick to realise that it wasn’t going to work. She would need help. Immediately she knew who to ask for assistance, though it would be hard to convince them. The leprechaun revellers. Drunkards, but as a group can be very efficient.

“What’s in it for us?” Was the very first response the leprechauns had when she asked them. She knew it would come to this, so she gathered as much alcohol as she could get her hands on, including some rare “Drifting dreams tonic”, which has the slightest tinge of alcohol.

“Some now, the rest for later. This isn’t even all of it.” She replied, flashing a small proportion of the alcohol in front of their greedy eyes. They agreed to the deal and so followed the Countess back to her lair.

It took little over 4 hours for them to complete the Santa’s costume and it was everything she imagined. It suited her figure perfectly. It also had a beautiful red glow which screamed winter festival. “How would you guys like to earn a little extra? If you agree to act as my little helper elves tomorrow, I’ll give you 10 Drifting dreams tonics” Of course they wouldn’t refuse that offer, what silly person would?

The day came and she went around West Kruna handing out gifts from familiar pets to Planet coins. Everyone was very jolly and seemed to enjoy themselves around her, despite her history. They came from all around to see her and claim a small gift. She couldn’t have been more pleased.

The night was coming to a close, even after a long day of being Santa she still didn’t feel exhausted, though you’d think she would have. Still wearing her Santa’s costume she made her way home.

A few miles away from her home, in isolation where nobody would normally be, she saw a mysterious figure shaded by the darkness approaching her. This intrigued Countess Serpina, so with slight caution she continued their approach to each other. The darkness faded into color and she could just make out who it was.

“You, you have been taking my job I hear? But have been more pleasant about it!? Outrageous!” It was no other than the Yule tribe present bearer. “You must pay for this atrocity!”
    Countess Serpina said nothing, and with a slight smirk on her face drew her sword, which of course she had on her all day, she just kept it concealed. She was glad she had done so. Boy, was she in for a duel.

That's the end of my story, hope you liked it. I've also attached some relevant (to my story) paint pictures/memes I made below:

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	7695

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	244.7 KB 
ID:	7696

(Who won? Whose next?)

Kongregate
    Rawr
    Guild - M.A.D.
    Level 2451 currently

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games

A Beastman Christmas

As the scent of blood, a beastman senses linger.

But yet all anger stopped, with the simple wagging finger.

"You know a bad boy gets coal." The young boys mother said.

"Better weaponry to throw at those stupid human's heads."

The mother laughed a hearty cheer.

"Oh boy, you'll be just fine. Just beware the present bearer, or he'll tear out your spine."

The young boy chuckled, giving back a simple kind. "Ok"

And with all of that done, he left out on his way.

Three days till the party, the young boys mother bold.

"My son has now been missing, out in that freezing cold."

The searchers found a box, upon the mothers roof.

The young boys head now stuffed with coal, a present barer's proof.

Platform: ArmorGames
    IGN: Monsterzjw
    Army Code: KPHTIJNJ
    Level: 531
    Last edited by Monsterzjw; 6th December 2015 at 20:21.

Here's my submission. Pen and water colors with a hint of bad humor.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_Ch16HRlS2

IGN : Greed_Of_Sin
    Found on Newgrounds
    Guild : SIN

Happy holidays everyone!

PS I'd totally be cool with a Macheon rather than PC
    PSS Seriously... I never get him when he's in MP and whenever he is in MP, I'm broke. Paycheck arrives, he leaves the MP.
    Last edited by Shadydingo; 8th December 2015 at 23:27. Reason: picture didn't show up

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Bump this up real quick since there is still quite a bit of time before the dead line.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Well my main reason for playing the game left recently, so I am fairly certain I will most likely be gone after December.

It is a little sad how spending 1700 pc to get Dak yesterday made me all giddy, and how after just a few pathetic issues that took quite a bit to be solved that gamble for Dak leaves me even more bitter. Granted the gambling did not in anyway lead me to this decision. It was a combination of the lack of action from certain people and the fact that someone I care deeply about had to air their own unpleasant experiences for any real change to happen. I apologize if this bothers anyone, but I really only need to post this to mention I will still honor this contest. Thus I have no issues if someone chooses to edit this later to simply day I am leaving.

Just so everyone knows, I WILL still honor this contest despite my intentions of leaving the game. I am only continuing for now so that I can guarantee that the rewards are given to the appropriate people.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    It's sad to see you may go Plundarr. Maybe this will help: As promised in my 1st post, I redid a song as well. My voice isn't quite what it used to be so please be kind in the comments. Since the poem was a 'traditional' before the rewrite I wanted to pick a non-traditional song for this post. To the devs, feel free to rerecord this with someone with a better bluesy voice.

https://youtu.be/h5I1uAJ5zoQ

Here are the rewritten words if you want to sing along.

Swords will be clanging, both day and night
    ‘cause a Dawn Christmas, brings us a fight
    My pc’s gone, but I have new gear
    To wear to battle, to end this year
    Players will be watching, the cow in flight
    While hitting kessov, with all their might
    Please come play for Christmas
    Please come play for Christmas
    Because our Christmas’s filled with delight

Friends and relations send salutations
    Sure as the wyrms fly above
    Because it’s Christmas, in west kruna
    The time of year, to play, play the game you love

So won’t you summon, a bull and a bear
    ‘cause I need ap, for a new general
    My legion’s boosted, my attack has gained
    I’ll hit for trillions, trillions, once again

My legion’s boosted, my attack has gained
    I’ll hit for trillions, for Christmas, once again

It's a rewrite of "Please Come Home for Christmas" by Charles Brown, 1960 in case you have never heard the original before. I had fun doing this and hope it brings a smile to someone who needs one.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

ign: ShadowMist
    Platform: FB
    Guild: ONE
    FB ID: https://www.facebook.com/monte.webb.3

ps. I don't have an album out but as soon as The Voice gets hold of this, maybe

ETA: just watched it and the audio was smooth but the video was a little choppy - hopes it's all smooth for the rest of you

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Title: If DOTD was like any other MMORPG

Imagine the scene, Kong's mightiest heros arrive in the dungeon. Sui, Groot, Warlock, and countless noobs and peons march into the Ultimate Dragon's Lair. The three Immortal Drake Slayers look splendid in their shiny enchanted armor. Clasping the ultimate dragon cleaver, and dragon slayer, they are ready to slay the beast and claim their rewards.

Similiarly, the countless low level players file behind the three champions, reveling in the opportunity to fight by these legendary heros. They come in all shapes and sizes, armed with everything from a pitchfork to a broken alcohol bottle.

The three champions rally their fellow warriors. Sui: " Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!"

Groot and Warlock give him the look. Groot whispers to Warlock " Isnt Sui Chinese? Why is he quoting braveheart in that terrible accent?"

Before warlock could respond, the dragon smashes thru a wall of the dungeon and starts slaughtering. Left and right, warriors rush to fight the dragon to only get stepped on, or burned by dragon fire.

Our three warriors, do not have such issues. They call upon their enchantments, and rush to fight the dragon.

Slashing
    Bashing
    Stabbing
    Ripping

All the warriors fight with all their might, but alas the dragon seemed unharmed. Countless hours pass. Dozens of warriors fall, but revive, and rush back into the battle.

After 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds, a level 1 warrior who had accidentally walked into the dungeon, wielding nothing but the pitchfork all characters start the game with, trips over one of his dead companions and stabbed the dragon's foot.

HOWLING in pain, the dragon collapses.

A game announcement can be heard "Ultimate Dragon Lair event over, Final strike "HaLoProxxix88x8" "Award: Final Loot".

Everyones face: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	7758

ign: noob
    Platform: kong
    Guild: AWEsome

lmao one up... will edit and post something when I think of it... wheels aturning!

EDIT!!!

On the first day of winter solstice Logan gave to me: a dragon egg under the elf tree.

On the second day of winter solstice Logan gave to me: two caged fairies and a dragon egg under the elf tree.

On the third day of winter solstice Logan gave to me: three volatile potions, two caged fairies and a dragon egg under an elf tree

On the forth day of winter solstice Logan gave to me: four lag beast encounters, three volatile potions, two caged fairies and a dragon egg under an elf tree

On the fifth day of winter solstice Logan gave to me: five ITEM LINK , four lag beast encounters, three volatile potions, two caged fairies and a dragon egg under an elf tree

On the sixth day of winter solstice Logan gave to me: six gray coal, five ITEM LINK , four lag beast encounters, three volatile potions, two caged fairies and a dragon egg under an elf tree

On the seventh day of winter solstice Logan gave to me: seven pc coins, six gray coal, five ITEM LINK , four lag beast encounters, three volatile potions, two caged fairies and a dragon egg under an elf tree

On the eight day of winter solstice Logan gave to me: eight premium gear, seven pc coins, six gray coal, five ITEM LINK , four lag beast encounters, three volatile potions, two caged fairies and a dragon egg under an elf tree

On the ninth day of winter solstice Logan gave to me: nine new guildies, eight premium gear, seven pc coins, six gray coal, five ITEM LINK , four lag beast encounters, three volatile potions, two caged fairies and a dragon egg under an elf tree

On the tenth day of winter solstice Logan gave to me: ten castles bought, nine new guildies, eight premium gear, seven pc coins, six gray coal, five ITEM LINK , four lag beast encounters, three volatile potions, two caged fairies and a dragon egg under an elf tree

On the eleventh day of winter solstice Logan gave to me: eleventh new zone, ten castles bought, nine new guildies, eight premium gear, seven pc coins, six gray coal, five ITEM LINK , four lag beast encounters, three volatile potions, two caged fairies and a dragon egg under an elf tree

On the twelve day of winter solstice Logan gave to me: twelve hour event raids, eleven zones done, ten more castles bought, nine new guildies quit, eight out of date premium gear, seven used pc coins, six gray coal (but still needing orange), five ITEM LINK NOT FOUND, four lag beasts winning, three exploded volatile potions, two caged starved fairies and a hatched Solus under an elf tree.
    Last edited by zalex101001; 16th December 2015 at 17:55.
    Kindness is the best pain to give.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Sad to hear of your departure Plundar, best of luck.
    Also 5PG should put in a contest banner on the homepage next patch, this contest is getting an underwhelming amount of attention for such good rewards.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Merry Christmas!

IGN: Hypernova
    Army Code: MNNVGJMJ
    Level: 354
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOTD-Contest-Hypernova.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	326.2 KB 
ID:	7771  

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    DOTD Poetry (Rhyme)

I came for the badges,
    but i stayed for a while,
    started the journey,
    In this dragons dawn,

It's been now 3 years,
    and i'm counting on you,
    to get some PCS,
    and give a (Machaon) MP a pull,

Tried once,
    Tried twice,
    Now i know that's a shame,
    The cake it's a lie,

Let's talk about more,
    we need some new camps,
    the bastion of blood now it's easy,
    but once you need coins, you should deal with that,

Kessov it's coming,
    Also a World Raid,
    the people it's asking,
    how do they hit?

If you have Pots,
    I could care less,
    I could overhit like Plundarr,
    A quintillion, or maybe less,

We are a family,
    waiting for many years to come,
    hitting to get some Kings Bounty,
    since AP are out of stock....

IGN: FrenchToast
    Level: 2,273 (currently)

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Hello

Well this is my first post (Hi world!), I saw this thread in the AG chat a few days ago and decided to register.

I tried to do something interesting and draw festive-themed drake (not a great drawer with digital tools )

For Reference this is my original: http://dialterdragon.deviantart.com/...Snow-578718892

Greetings!
    Alter (Ulan)

-----------------------------

Platform: ArmorGames (Roland Server)
    In Game Name: Ulan
    Guild: Next Tier
    Army Code: IRPNHJNJ
    Current Level: 1746

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    So I'm finally done with my Christmas piece for this contest. As it is a Christmas contest I've made this with my Son(5 years old) it's after all a family holiday.

Name:	chrismaspiece.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	259.0 KB 
ID:	7783

if the image doesn't load correctly here is also a screenshot http://prntscr.com/9g2ot6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151219_164412.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	7782  

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    When I saw this, I had a half-baked idea for a quick story but wanted to write it down nonetheless. Well, to cut it short (there is enough to read below) - it wound up as quite a bit more than a quick story, so bring some time to read - it evolved into something quite longer than the other entries. I hope not to have mangled any existing lore in the process. If I have, I ask for your forgiveness in advance.

Now I hope you'll have as much fun reading this as I had writing it.

Omega and Alpha
    A quest lost in times long past

West Kruna had enjoyed relative peace for many centuries under the protection and wise rulership of the great houses. From the cold reaches inhabited by the Barbarians many only call the Nord all the way to the forests and mountain ranges south of Riverview, the country's prosperity meant that even the poor enjoyed a decent living standard while the fortunate members of the ancient noble houses had almost everything they wished for. However, something was stirring - not only had the frequency of raids by uncivilized tribes increased but rumors of strange creatures, half man, half animal, became more common with every passing year. Even the land itself recently seemed to become more hostile with severe droughts and floods every year and then came what was later to be known as the Fell Winter - a winter so cold and snowy that not only the ancient trees broke and fell under the loads of snow, but the mountains themselves shook and creaked. The winter solstice is coming in the mountain stronghold of the House of Ankhis and in the morning, you rise early to see the sun rise exactly over the crown spire. "The day has come", you announce to the great cheer of the court. A feast will be prepared throughout the day and by nightfall everyone would be in their dreams of spring and returning warmth - or so you believe...

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    In case you'd rather want to read my story on paper or an e-reader, here's a link to a PDF version:

Omega and Alpha

(@5PG: I hope this doesn't infringe on any rights by being set in the DotD universe itself. If you'd rather have me take it down, just drop me a note)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast