Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: October Pumpkin Carving Contest!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

October Pumpkin Carving Contest!

Dragon Masters!

Since we got such positive feedback from this contest last year, we figured we’d bring back the 5PG RPG Carving Contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Avigdor
    It’s October, and you know what that means! Halloween, candy, and pumpkin spice! Pumpkin spice everywhere! It’s like you can’t escape the stuff. We need to do something about it. Send a warning to those pumpkin peddlers that we won’t take it anymore!

5PG feels the same way, so we’re holding a contest to deal with the sanctimonious squash! Put your skills to the test and represent your favorite 5pg game. Pick a design that will represent the game of choice in this 5pg carve off!
    Entry Parameters:
    • The carving must be your own work.
      We reserve the right to verify the originality of your entry via an internet search.
      If it's not, your entry will be disqualified.
    • Your entry must represent the game you're submitting it for. It can be a character, a scene, a piece of equipment, or anything else creative that relates to the game.
    • For players unfamiliar with pumpkins, they grow in patches on a vine (like watermelon), but if you don't have access to a pumpkin, that's alright! Anything from a garden that you can carve will be acceptable (you could even get creative with a power drill and an acorn if you want)*!
    • The ToS still applies to images carved on to the pumpkins, so keep it fun!

Post Parameters:
    • The Contest will run from Friday, October 2, until Friday, October 30.
    • Players are allowed one (1) entry per game.
    • If you play in all four (4) games (Dawn, Dawn Mobile, Suns, & Suns Mobile), you can have one (and only one) entry on each of the respective forums.
    • Your Post must include
      In-Game Name:
      Level:
      Army Code:
      Guild Name:
      A picture of your carving
      A handwritten note in the picture including the phrase “DRAGONS FOREVER”

Embedding Pictures:
    If you weren’t sure how to include a picture in your entry, here’s the easiest way to embed the image directly into your post:

Rewards:
    • Grand Prize: The best pumpkin carving design across all forums will be added to all four games as a brand new Familiar! This player will also receive $20 worth of [Premium Currency].
    • Each game will also select the 5 best pumpkins posted on the forums and award those players with $5 worth of [Premium Currency] each.
    • All players who participate will also be awarded the new Pumpkin Familiar.
    • Winners will be announced one week after the contest ends.

So get out there and start carving! May the best squash squelcher win!

* 5th Planet Games will not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur in the event of pursuing this course of action. Please carve responsibly.

And with the submission of my pumpkins, I hereby close this thread and the contest for this year. All pumpkin entries shall be reviewed by the team and voted on. I will post the winners in its own thread.

Thank you all for your entries! This is always a fun contest!

Logann
    Dragon Tamer
    Last edited by Logann; 2nd November 2015 at 21:30.

(22:00) Bright: rumour has it; a stare from Logann is like being pummeled by a million yotsuba's

(22:01) Sheetuya: i've heard Logann has tied with Chuck Norris in a round house battle!

(21:13) Limi: Logann hugs da best.

(19:12) Thanatos: Logann and Chuck Norris faced off thus became known as the The Big Bang!!!

(4:09) Viskadel: Logann wants to shank the lag beast

(0:24) Sycall: I hear the Logann Chat Ban is so strong, it makes you mute in the real world until the time is over

Dawn of the Dragons Developer schnzy's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

In-Game Name: Schnzy
    Level: all of them
    Army Code: ********
    Guild Name: Dev's R US

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Will the familiar be available to everyone like last time or is it only for contest participants? (meaning, do I actually have a reason to waste $5 on a pumpkin, or should I ignore this thread?)

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    You can always carve in a cucumber.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamon View Post
    You can always carve in a cucumber.
    We'll just pretend that we don't assume Miz has a cucumber on hand ;-)

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    There's a watermelon in my fridge I could use.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Does Schnzy's submission mean that we can carve digital pumpkins, submit them, and have that count? Or does it have to be a real-life carving?
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Normally I hate this time of year. Taking children to the other side who were innocently playing in the pumpkin patch gets depressing. Dreams of being a Luminary or Immortal one day cut short because they disturbed the Apocolocyntosised Demon. This job is hard enough without frighten children being my next client. They are already afraid and confused then I have to come walking up.

Well, last year I had an idea after an apple tree in my back yard died. I let the wood dry for a year and then in June got to work. I’m a bit excited someone other than recently deceased children will see my handy work. I turned that fallen apple tree into a pumpkin marionette with the help of some vines I thinned from my grapes. You might think seeing a puppet version of the thing that just killed you would be scary but so far it has helped to break the ice. I am scary looking enough with the robes and shadows. The puppet also takes the focus off the scythe and onto the toy.

I normally use a glow potion I bought from the alchemist for a candle like effect but they don’t work well during the day. I considered real candles but even with the back open it got a bit hot and I was just asking for trouble. My own pumpkin patch was nearly lost in testing a candle when the “strings” slipped through these bony fingers.

Hope you like my carving and also hope it fits the parameters; specifically referring to the power drill and acorn part. I used a lathe and a carving set. I have always considered my apple trees and grape vines part of my garden.

Here is an album including the making of my pumpkin: http://imgur.com/a/zAHCr

I play Dawn on Kongregate
    In-Game Name: ReaperTTII
    Level: 2653
    Army Code: JPMMGDMJ
    Guild Name: M.A.D.
    Last edited by reaperttii; 12th October 2015 at 14:11. Reason: added army code

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by miztickow View Post
    Will the familiar be available to everyone like last time or is it only for contest participants?
    I'd like to know answer to this question too please.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    BEHOLD, the mighty Apple of Conquered Kingdoms:

Server: Kong
    In-Game Name: dman4835
    Level: 2463
    Army Code: HUIQFGMJ
    Guild Name: DragonBorn
    Dman4835, Leader of DragonBorn, Teller of Awful Jokes

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Triad Runestone :-)
    Server: Kong
    IGN: Kraken
    Level: 4050'ish
    Guild: AWEsome
    Army Code: FQNTEEMJ

(I have no idea why it comes out upside-down.... http://prntscr.com/8vrfcm )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1679.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	7549  
    Last edited by LanderZ; 27th October 2015 at 03:40.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Server: FB
    In-Game Name: Exeon
    Level: 2936
    Army Code: JPJNCHMJ
    Guild Name: Titans
    Kasan famiy crest
    Starting 10/10/2010
    Immortal 5/18/2015
    Duel r44-Colosseum r40-Invasion r32
    P.B. 23,68b

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Hy all so this is all the same thing, captured with diffrent angle and lights. Backlighting used LED finger lanterns - for clor, material used - Half an orange used over pumpkin for maximum light difusal effect. No Photoshop or any editing whatsoever. Multiple pictures as the Dragons forever page is not clearly visible in all. Enjoy ^^
    Edit* PS I was going to set it on fire to but i think it looks great without the flames ^^

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151025_181119.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	7517 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151025_181116.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	7518 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151025_181035.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	170.7 KB 
ID:	7520 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151025_181032.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	7521 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151025_181053.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	7523

Name:	20151025_181004.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	7526 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151025_181014.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	7522

And dispelling the illusion ^^

Name:	20151025_180950.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	7525 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151025_181135.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	7519 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151025_181206.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	7524

Thank you and happy holloween ^^

Server: ArmorGames / Roland
    In-Game Name: CerealKiller
    Level: 2640
    Army Code: JVKTKINJ
    Guild Name: Lords of Dawn
    Last edited by cerealis; 27th October 2015 at 06:19.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Beware the Riddler Gargoyle on All Hallows Eve......

Server: Roland (AG)
    IGN: Katrina
    Level: 3130
    Army Code : FRLQCKNJ
    Guild: Lords of Dawn

Katrina's powers and origin are mysterious, and her knowledge of events to come has led some to believe
    that she has the gift of prophecy, and others to claim she hails from a far off and undiscovered land of oracles.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Screaming stone
    These ancient cavings from the north would, according to legend, start screaming when the nightmare queen was drawing close.

When these relics are placed correctly in the wind's breath they would emit a high pitch whistle.

When the first rapports of the queen's horde came to the land, the people noticed that the stones no longer made a sound. To their horror they realised the stones had been screaming all this time.

Kongregate, Pimpslap2, Kronos II, level 3100+ HWKVJCMJ
    And yes: i found this rock in a garden

Last edited by K2-Toine; 26th October 2015 at 16:13.

Leader of Kronos II

Server: Facebook
    In-Game Name: Levanah
    Level: 2104
    Army Code:
    Guild Name: ALPHA-DRAGONS

Hello guys to pumpkin in my country is very expensive and I ended up writing Dragon Forever. Excuse. And then I saw I had already eaten my Swan and it was my last apple. I tried to make Glass Heart Sawn.

Name:	Mount_glass_heart.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	7553

Name:	CAM00520.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	7550

Name:	CAM00521.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	7551

Name:	CAM00522.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	7552

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    In-Game Name: Issa
    Level: 1113
    Army Code: KWPSDDMJ
    Guild Name: Dredd Cats 2

Link to full image: http://i.imgur.com/KdFVQy2.jpg

I called it "Pumpkin Terror in War Paint", shamefully didn't have a candle.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by miztickow View Post
    Will the familiar be available to everyone like last time or is it only for contest participants? (meaning, do I actually have a reason to waste $5 on a pumpkin, or should I ignore this thread?)
    Participants only this year. It shall not end up in the citadel like last years. (My fault! I convinced the team to put it in there)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Does Schnzy's submission mean that we can carve digital pumpkins, submit them, and have that count? Or does it have to be a real-life carving?
    Nope, and he isn't a contestant, just having fun! My submission is coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by LanderZ View Post
    Triad Runestone :-)

(I have no idea why it comes out upside-down.... http://prntscr.com/8vrfcm )
    Upside down works!

Quote Originally Posted by pimpslap2 View Post
    Screaming stone
    These ancient cavings from the north would, according to legend, start screaming when the nightmare queen was drawing close.

When these relics are placed correctly in the wind's breath they would emit a high pitch whistle.

When the first rapports of the queen's horde came to the land, the people noticed that the stones no longer made a sound. To their horror they realised the stones had been screaming all this time.

And yes: i found this rock in a garden
    As cool as this is I'm afraid this doesn't qualify, its not something you carved. This is somewhat of a creative contest. (Unless you did actually carve that, tell me what it used to be)

Logann
    Dragon Tamer

(22:00) Bright: rumour has it; a stare from Logann is like being pummeled by a million yotsuba's

(22:01) Sheetuya: i've heard Logann has tied with Chuck Norris in a round house battle!

(19:12) Thanatos: Logann and Chuck Norris faced off thus became known as the The Big Bang!!!

(0:24) Sycall: I hear the Logann Chat Ban is so strong, it makes you mute in the real world until the time is over

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Logann View Post
    As cool as this is I'm afraid this doesn't qualify, its not something you carved. This is somewhat of a creative contest. (Unless you did actually carve that, tell me what it used to be)

Logann
    Dragon Tamer

i wouldn t lie Logann you know me better than that

http://prntscr.com/8w0nw3 http://prntscr.com/8w0n33 (you can allready see some shapes after the first 2 hours

http://prntscr.com/8w0p2v rough shape but almost done needs to be sanded after carving the pieces off. (after 2 days, total 10 hours work)

after this I used finer and finer sandpaper, then used wet sanding paper to a 2400 grain, after which i blowtorched it, to get the water out and make it warm enough to apply bee wax..

this is really my work, i m not kidding.. i put a paper with "Dragons forever - pimp" in front of it as well.
    Last edited by K2-Toine; 27th October 2015 at 21:28.

Leader of Kronos II

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpslap2 View Post
    i wouldn t lie Logann you know me better than that

http://prntscr.com/8w0nw3 http://prntscr.com/8w0n33 (you can allready see some shapes after the first 2 hours

http://prntscr.com/8w0p2v rough shape but almost done needs to be sanded after carving the pieces off. (after 2 days, total 10 hours work)

after this I used finer and finer sandpaper, then used wet sanding paper to a 2400 grain, after which i blowtorched it, to get the water out and make it warm enough to apply bee wax..

this is really my work, i m not kidding.. i put a paper with "Dragons forever - pimp" in front of it as well.
    Oh I didn't think you lied, I do know you better than that. I just mis-read your description. Well done! It looks authentically ancient! It is back on the qualified list!

Logann
    Dragon Tamer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast