Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: [September 16th, 2015] Mod 2.1 - Two new updates to the mod program

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

[September 16th, 2015] Mod 2.1 - Two new updates to the mod program

Greetings and welcome to another edition of Developer’s Digest. If you’re just joining us for the first time, this is an ongoing Wednesday only post that provides insight and answers from the Dawn Development team into community concerns and questions.

Latest Update to the Mod Program:
    Hello Dragon Masters! Logann here!

It's been awhile since updating you on the Mod 2.0 program so I am taking this opportunity to do so. There have been a couple of changes of significance that I want to make sure you are aware of.

First change: I have created a new sub-program to Mod 2.0. In order to get a wider range of covered time zones and better mod coverage in World Chat I have added a new layer to the mod program. The Mini-Mods have arrived!

These new Mini-Mods are full moderators, but they report directly to their mentor. One Mini-Mod to a Mentor. This has added the likelihood of having two mods in the same guild, but I am doing my very best to keep it to no more than two mods per guild if at all.

If you run into any game bugs, troubles or other players harassing you, please feel free to pass this info to any mod you see and ask them for either the direct Support email address or to get your issue handled by me as directly as possible.

I am ultimately responsible for any mod painted orange in World Chat. If any mod is causing problems, I obviously don’t want this, please take a screenshot and send it to Support and make sure to add ATTN: Logann. I will review and answer to the issue ASAP.

Remember, no mod works directly for 5PG. They do not represent the company’s views or opinions (yada yada legal yada). They do, however, represent my direct training and expectations and the playerbase that wants to enjoy their game above all else. Without screenshot proof that the mods are doing anything wrong, I cannot do anything about it.

Second change: All mods have an asterisk in front of their names so you know for sure its a mod you are chatting with. Since sending a PM to someone in World Chat doesn’t paint the mod orange it has been too easy to impersonate mods. Adding the asterisk ensures that you are actually talking to a Logann appointed moderator. This asterisk is for you, the community, not the mod, so you have confidence in knowing who you are actually talking to.

Conclusion
    Thank you Dragon Masters! Make sure to ask your mods for the direct support email if you are having issues in game. Welcome your new mods, treat them properly and we will all enjoy our game time! Stay safe and strong out there Dragon Masters!

--------

Posted on the behalf of Logann, by Logann. (Thats right!)

Please leave your feedback and questions here for possibly getting them answered by the team.
    ** NOTE: Not every question can or will be answered, but we will do our best to answer as many as possible. This will be a Wednesday digest of Questions and Answers.

Logann
    Dragon Tamer
    Last edited by Logann; 17th September 2015 at 18:33.

(22:00) Bright: rumour has it; a stare from Logann is like being pummeled by a million yotsuba's

(22:01) Sheetuya: i've heard Logann has tied with Chuck Norris in a round house battle!

(21:13) Limi: Logann hugs da best.

(19:12) Thanatos: Logann and Chuck Norris faced off thus became known as the The Big Bang!!!

(4:09) Viskadel: Logann wants to shank the lag beast

(0:24) Sycall: I hear the Logann Chat Ban is so strong, it makes you mute in the real world until the time is over

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I would like to support and thank the moderators(and the mini-mods) in what they are doing to help keep WC a clean environment.
    Thank you.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Logann View Post

These new Mini-Mods are full moderators, but they report directly to their mentor. One Mini-Mod to a Mentor. This has added the likelihood of having two mods in the same guild, but I am doing my very best to keep it to no more than two mods per guild if at all.

Logann
    Dragon Tamer
    Then why are three of the mods in the same guild on the World Server? [Kasan]

I would say more about the trouble this is causing on that server, but this is a public forum.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    well, now we're all curious! What trouble?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I've been delighted with the changes in "Mod 2.0" that really focussed on the player experience. This latest change seems like a great way to expand "staffing" hours and it creates a channel to maintain a group of experienced and respected mods while helping new ones learn the role.

I play on Roland (AG/NG) and Kasan (World) servers. The latest group of mods are well known players who had earned the respect and comradery of others.

If Lady_Lucy or others have a concern about the mods that is worth mentioning, then it's worth explaining. This is the first I heard anything about "trouble" on World Server.

Logann, thanks for your tireless care and feeding of the player communities.
    New mods, congratulations on your new duties, and thanks for donating your time, energy, and care to the community. I hope it brings you a new level of fulfillment, and not just a fresh appreciation for digestive aids.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Yes I have seldom seen any problems and appreciate the peaceful vein of the chat. thanks so much for the time and energy these people bring to the table

Silver Arrow
    It's my pleasure to serve and I'm sure the others are proud to be a part of this too.

*DBI- FB/Standalone (Solus) chat moderator

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    This has added the likelihood of having two mods in the same guild, but I am doing my very best to keep it to no more than two mods per guild if at all.

If you run into any game bugs, troubles or other players harassing you, please feel free to pass this info to any mod you see and ask them for either the direct Support email address or to get your issue handled by me as directly as possible.

I am ultimately responsible for any mod painted orange in World Chat. If any mod is causing problems, I obviously don’t want this, please take a screenshot and send it to Support and make sure to add ATTN: Logann. I will review and answer to the issue ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Lucy View Post
    Then why are three of the mods in the same guild on the World Server? [Kasan]

I would say more about the trouble this is causing on that server, but this is a public forum.
    I did say I would do my best. That was an error on my part while adding 9 new mods in a few hour period last week. I stand by my choices and if they cause any problems, please re-read my offer to you, the player, above. Provide screenshots of any un-mod-like behavior to Support and I will take care of the problem. That means through more specific training to your particular situation on up to dismissing the mod in question if bad enough. I have to tell you, though, good mods are not so plentiful that I can dismiss them all willy nilly. I will only dismiss a mod if their actions are recurring and go beyond the ability to train or retrain. I have spent nearly a full year grooming and training the current Mod 2.0 group. They have done an exemplary job in getting your issues to me asap, keeping the peace and surviving some pretty nasty trolls.

So Lady_Lucy, I respect your concerns highly and am already keeping an eye on the 3 mods in one guild. That was my mistake, of course, and I will make sure it doesn't become a problem. The new mods were chosen and approved by the whole group and stand until proven unworthy. They deserve that opportunity at the very least. Please feel free to send me any screenshots of wrong doings. Like I said above, please send these screenshots through the new support link provided and select the drop down option "Moderators".

Quote Originally Posted by Burro View Post
    I've been delighted with the changes in "Mod 2.0" that really focussed on the player experience. This latest change seems like a great way to expand "staffing" hours and it creates a channel to maintain a group of experienced and respected mods while helping new ones learn the role.

I play on Roland (AG/NG) and Kasan (World) servers. The latest group of mods are well known players who had earned the respect and comradery of others.

If Lady_Lucy or others have a concern about the mods that is worth mentioning, then it's worth explaining. This is the first I heard anything about "trouble" on World Server.

Logann, thanks for your tireless care and feeding of the player communities.
    New mods, congratulations on your new duties, and thanks for donating your time, energy, and care to the community. I hope it brings you a new level of fulfillment, and not just a fresh appreciation for digestive aids.
    Thank you so much Burro, the team and I really appreciate your kind words. It has been a LOT of work for everyone involved and it has paid off greatly. All the world chats have been so much more peaceful than ever before in our history. At least the amount of time I have been here that is.

We, the Mod 2.1 crew, will continue to learn, grow and do our best to make chat a better, more inviting place to be.

Thank you!

Logann
    Dragon Tamer
    Mod Wrangler

(22:00) Bright: rumour has it; a stare from Logann is like being pummeled by a million yotsuba's

(22:01) Sheetuya: i've heard Logann has tied with Chuck Norris in a round house battle!

(19:12) Thanatos: Logann and Chuck Norris faced off thus became known as the The Big Bang!!!

(0:24) Sycall: I hear the Logann Chat Ban is so strong, it makes you mute in the real world until the time is over

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    It's a pleasure to be part of such a constructive mod team. Greetings dotd fellow players, we're always here to serve and help.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Hello all. I am one of the new moderators of fb/standalone. dAft_WulliE is my IGN, and as most will deduce I have an affinity for Discworld as well as DotD. I reside in the Guild AWE - Please feel free to message me whenever you need to/see me ☺

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    While I don't regret the time I spent as one of the original group of Mods, I am also thankful that I am no longer a Mod (thx to my 8 month hiatus from the game). The great majority of players have no clue how much work goes into being a mod. It's not simply issuing bans in chat while playing the game. There's a lot more to it than just that. And it really did start to feel very distracting near the end. I am quite happy to be able to just play the game again without needing to deal with anything else.

Full respect for those that choose to be Mods. WC is definitely a better place because of you. Thank you for giving your time so the rest of us can get back to enjoying the game without the nastiness that sometimes infested WC in the past.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Hello, mini-mod of Kongregate - Elyssa reporting in! IGN: 1mean (i'm a lurker ) so expect unexpected. Nah jk. I'm not THAT mean. Or am I?

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Hi, I mod on FB/Standalone - I've been there for the last 1,559 days normally in lurk mode hitting raids, but I'd love to help if you have any issues.

A word of warning I have a stereotypical British sense of humour so expect some jokes that don't land too well

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Hi, mini-mod on Rolland. I would like to say firstly as a very addicted DotD player (have not played another game in 9 months, as long as I play DotD ) thank you all mods (1.0 & 2.0) and all the helpful players on the server! Your presence and guidance has made this game my favorite place to go to! And lastly, I will do my best to upkeep the great environment you have created.
    Leader of

Server Roland

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Hiya folks- I am also a member of this here mod chat program.. Many of you know of me as PB- full time dedicated guild leader and chat mod on Kasan. I am proud to be working the front lines and helping make chat a better place. Hope to see you all around, and enjoy the game!

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Greetings and welcome to another edition of Developer’s Digest. If you’re just joining us for the first time, this is an ongoing Wednesday only post that provides insight and answers from the Dawn Development team into community concerns and questions.
    Whatever happened to the dev digests? Did I miss an announcement of this being ended, or did it just unceremoniously get dropped?

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    It got the unceremonious dump for now. With the holidays and so many amazing questions already having been answered in detail and the SoTG's taking precedent, we paused them. They may return soon ™.

Thank you Tesuji! Great question.

Logann
    Dragon Tamer