Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [August 19th, 2015] Updating Campaigns

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

[August 19th, 2015] Updating Campaigns

Greetings and welcome to another edition of Developerís Digest. If youíre just joining us for the first time, this is an ongoing Wednesday only post that provides insight and answers from the Dawn Development team (mostly from me, Mouse) into community concerns and questions.

Question: Whatís the decision-making process like for adding stuff to or changing tiers for past campaigns?

Answer: It depends a little bit on the campaign itself, since each Campaign is a little different and thus their individual needs vary.

Generally speaking: The intentions for Campaigns isnít necessarily to go back and continually update each one, itís natural that as new Campaigns are released that some older Campaigns may start to fall by the wayside. However, especially with more recent Campaigns we sometimes like to add things to help bridge the gap between Campaign releases.

It also comes down to feedback a lot of the time, if players feel as though a Campaign is missing a lot of compelling loot, weíll sit down and talk about the possibility of adding more to it; does it make sense, will it delay the release of anything else, etc.

Conclusion
    We tried a slightly different format today in the form of a Q&A approach, be sure to let us know if you liked this style or not, and donít forget to ask your burning questions as they just might make it into a future Developer Digest!

Until next time, adventurers!

--------

Posted on the behalf of Mouse, by Logann.

Please leave your feedback and questions here for possibly getting them answered by the team.
    ** NOTE: Not every question can or will be answered, but we will do our best to answer as many as possible. This will be a Wednesday digest of Questions and Answers.

Logann
    Dragon Tamer

(22:00) Bright: rumour has it; a stare from Logann is like being pummeled by a million yotsuba's

(22:01) Sheetuya: i've heard Logann has tied with Chuck Norris in a round house battle!

(21:13) Limi: Logann hugs da best.

(19:12) Thanatos: Logann and Chuck Norris faced off thus became known as the The Big Bang!!!

(4:09) Viskadel: Logann wants to shank the lag beast

(0:24) Sycall: I hear the Logann Chat Ban is so strong, it makes you mute in the real world until the time is over

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    as a q&a format i have no problem with that, in fact i like it, however i feel short As like this one could be hurtful, if the question only needs a short A then do at least 2 questions.
    for example this question could hve been expanded upon into a little more depth on campaigns, perhaps telling us a little about any new campaigns coming up, or possible plans to add say a legenndary or nightmare level to bastion of blood

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I would like to know if you guys are considering something to balance out/make more rewarding overall damage, because apart from BoB most camp damage seems to be done by top 5-10 players, which is generally not a good thing.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I guess some of my questions/comments:

1# Personally one of the funnest things about camps trying to get all the upgrades with coins. Any near plans on updating the gear? For example raven assassin cost a lot (400 each or 10000 for 25), and I feel each day they get closer to being replaced by other troops (because as the raven assassin numbers decrease they get weaker making other troops more viable). Or how there is still no special raven neck to complete the set. Or maybe even another camp rune (or even buffing the current one).

2# There is still no way to view the log of a node in a camp you hit and has been looted.

3# Any plans on making UGUP able to read camp node and overall camp data? Or even able to pull up older finished looted camps would be better then nothing (for people like me who track camp damage).

4# There was some talk about being able to close a camp node while frozen (or change tabs, or legion, etc), is this still on the table?

Current campaign page is super slow, specially since AG last implemented a new Chat to its site, when I open a campaign whole game starts lagging, even DotD chat client. Is there any hope that this could be solved?

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    We need a new campaign now.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Are there any plans to update the final campaign loot? Especially on BoB and GoC? The other three at least have chests at the end that helps make the campaign feel like it built to something and was worth the overall effort. It also makes them more worth repeating. But even with the chests final loot is a bit anti-climactic, and BoB and GoC just feel like a letdown. A player can do a tremendous amount of damage to the campaign as a whole, but if they miss the boss node on either of those two all they get are a (rather small) bunch of sp crafts at the end.

I think Pyrolizard's idea of rewards based on overall campaign damage would fit nicely into making the end-loot of campaigns more epic. And it certainly wouldn't hurt motivation for everyone to pitch in rather than just relying on a few heavy-hitters.

As for the new format, I think it's fine, but also feel that it's perhaps a bit too brief.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Logann,
    There are so many things that need to be improved in Dawn,
    One: Adventures There are ways to improve these.
    1. Have the Boss of each node drop pots.
    2. Award APs for each Adventure. (instead of all adventures completed)
    3. Tie the Festivals into the Adventures. (see below)
    Two: Festivals Have more of them and different types as well.
    A Halloween/Fall Festival with The Zombies ER.
    A Christmas/Winter Festival with a new Present Giver ER
    A Valentines Day Festival with a new ER
    A Spring/Easter Festival with the Leprechauns ER
    An Anniversary Festival (the current Festival of Drifting Dreams) with Cedric ER.
    You can add 1 or 2 unique games for each one as well.
    Also, you could create a new Festival Raid Class as well. These FRs will only be summoned during a Festival and will last for 2 days each. One FR would be summoned on Friday and the second FR on Monday. They would be raids of top tier of 75 bil.
    You could have a mini adventure zone with the festivals. One or Two nodes designed to be done by one Adventurer you already own and at the end you will be awarded with a brand new Adventurer or a recipe that will allow you to craft in the Citadel a new Adventure or raid orb found no where else.
    You could also have a quest zone within each Festival found no where else.
    A new solo raid found no where else.
    You could run these Festival every year as well and give us players something to look forward to every year.
    3. How about running a poll in this column each month where you will post a list of 10 WRs/ERs that have not been summoned for a while and let us players vote on which one you should run next month? Let us players have some say as to which raids to summon. This is how you can get players more involved in the game and more loyal. Not to mentioned, find out which raids we players really want to see again and which ones are not.
    Also, how about allowing us to earn AP for ERs and WRs?
    So, Logann, what do you think of these ideas?
    Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by presto0999; 20th August 2015 at 10:44.

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Yeah, well, every campaign is good. Sadly, there is no reason to do them multiple times (except from tokens/achievements).
    I would like to see some interesting crafting from collectibles... like Imryx essence (but not only from Hard collectibles !!). Maybe some chest with tons of old useless/unavailable PC items (fodder). Like seriously... we dont need campaigns to be upgraded, just give some long time purpose to collectibles (i would prefer some Raven/legion boosts).
    Problem of campaigns is, the tokens you get from camps, are used to buy... another stuff for campaigns.
    I miss the time when i was hunting Logann in BoB :-/
    Na ArmorGames hledŠme členy pro naöŪ gildu CZ+SK !

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Please make GoC more useful. By adding crafts of Gear + something for boosts of old guild generals. And add something to final loot there.
    DoTD Damage Magic Calculator: http://withcrown.com/dotd/magic_calc/

ex-Dragon Slayers Inc. -> ex-Moscow Kremlin -> Kronos 2

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Flick View Post
    Are there any plans to update the final campaign loot? Especially on BoB and GoC? The other three at least have chests at the end that helps make the campaign feel like it built to something and was worth the overall effort. It also makes them more worth repeating. But even with the chests final loot is a bit anti-climactic, and BoB and GoC just feel like a letdown. A player can do a tremendous amount of damage to the campaign as a whole, but if they miss the boss node on either of those two all they get are a (rather small) bunch of sp crafts at the end.
    I think BoB actually has good replay value due to tokens: It requires the least damage, Hard BoB nodes even drop twice as many tokens, with Nerfed there are more tokens in end loot. (And since you are still caring about BoB boss loot I am sure tokens are something you still need a lot.)
    But yes, often the replay value of camps comes down to getting some specific drop from a boss or - even worse - a rare spawn. That's really not fun.

I just had a lengthy post about camp loot in another Dev Digest (which I just don't want to copy here in full).

And generally I am still waiting for some QoL improvements for campaigns. For example (copied from here):
    • We still can't access node logs after a node is looted.
    • When entering the camp screen we often just see the fog for half a minute till the rest is loaded. And while it's possible to enter open nodes in that stage, we can't loot nodes before the images are loaded properly.
    • It would be really nice if there was a visual representation when a node has started regenerating. Like regen raids have.
    • What is the point of not allowing to join a new camp before the old one is looted? That's really annoying sometimes. And if there has to be some restriction for technical or other reasons, how about only requiring that an older iteration of the same camp has to be looted before joining a new one.
    • The 5x20 button doesn't speed up anything on campaigns. (Which is a shame, as campaigns are one of the few places where I would actually use it.) Why is that? Is this necessary for technical reasons or so?

And I have a specific question:
    Will Imryx (MaM boss) finally get her loot table adjusted according to all other MaM nodes?
    Context: When BoB node loot was overhauled, also all the MaM nodes except Imryx received the same change (whether on purpose or by accident). Upon bringing this up Lena said this will be adressed in the future. This was 10 months ago, and we are still stuck with a boss node that has fewer loot and lower max tier than the other MaM nodes. It just seemsa bit silly.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Some random ideas in the form of questions:

1 Will it be possible in the future to have adventurers be used in legions, or provide (passive) bonusses for the game? ( atm the adventures seem to only a small part of the game and except for some gear, it doesn't really tie in with the game itself.)
    2 Would you ever concider making a general that does not take up a spot in my legion, but can be equipped nonetheless?
    3 Will the next camp drop "gold boss"- bags similar to GD, but then for GoC and FW?
    4 Are you currently busy with a new camp?
    5 I have 25k guildtoken spare, is there an alternative use for them, except buying pots to upgrade my camp damage for 12 hours? Maybe buy real 25% H pots in the future? Or maybe buy something for the guild to make it prettier ( Flag/ familiar/ small feature/ buy an upgrade that allows a guild tag in the WC like: Pimpslap2 (K2) )
    6 Continueing from 5: will the levels for guilds increase and will the guild shop be increased as well?

Hope to hear from you,

Pimp

Leader of Kronos II

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Artydent View Post
    I think BoB actually has good replay value due to tokens: It requires the least damage, Hard BoB nodes even drop twice as many tokens, with Nerfed there are more tokens in end loot. (And since you are still caring about BoB boss loot I am sure tokens are something you still need a lot.)
    Actually, the reason I mention BoB end loot is precisely because I (and many others) have more tokens than I can use. The only reason to participate in it now is for AP, and I feel that camps should have more incentive than that. Some long term crafts (decent drop-rate but high number needed to complete) would be a nice addition, for example.

I agree with all of the other points you mentioned, and give a hearty +1 to them. If they're not already on the Devs' radar they should be. Some QoL improvements in camps would definitely be appreciated.

World Mender
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    How about a craft to use the Boss bags from the Gray Death. I have more of them than I know what to do with and no point using them since I have all the loot from them.

I have everything from the Bob and Mam bags, just one more item from tGD bag.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by ODragon View Post
    How about a craft to use the Boss bags from the Gray Death. I have more of them than I know what to do with and no point using them since I have all the loot from them.

I have everything from the Bob and Mam bags, just one more item from tGD bag.

http://prntscr.com/86xqzw i m waiting fo an upgrade of the boss bags as well

Leader of Kronos II

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    (...)
    Will Imryx (MaM boss) finally get her loot table adjusted according to all other MaM nodes?
    Context: When BoB node loot was overhauled, also all the MaM nodes except Imryx received the same change (whether on purpose or by accident). Upon bringing this up Lena said this will be adressed in the future. This was 10 months ago, and we are still stuck with a boss node that has fewer loot and lower max tier than the other MaM nodes. It just seemsa bit silly.
    seconded

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Context: When BoB node loot was overhauled, also all the MaM nodes except Imryx received the same change (whether on purpose or by accident). Upon bringing this up Lena said this will be adressed in the future. This was 10 months ago, and we are still stuck with a boss node that has fewer loot and lower max tier than the other MaM nodes. It just seems a bit silly.
    Thirded.

The loot table for FW also needs to be fixed. 50+ person nodes skip the 8.75b tier that 25-person nodes have, but that seems to have messed up their loot table: 10b 50+ person nodes give the 25-person 8.75b loot, 15b give the 25-person 10b loot and so.

And, no, this was not intended, as is obvious by the small jump in loot from going from 15b to 25b, followed by a large jump going from 25b to 30b, which is exactly what you'd expect if someone messed up the table and everything was off by one tier.

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesuji View Post
    The loot table for FW also needs to be fixed. 50+ person nodes skip the 8.75b tier that 25-person nodes have, but that seems to have messed up their loot table: 10b 50+ person nodes give the 25-person 8.75b loot, 15b give the 25-person 10b loot and so.

And, no, this was not intended, as is obvious by the small jump in loot from going from 15b to 25b, followed by a large jump going from 25b to 30b, which is exactly what you'd expect if someone messed up the table and everything was off by one tier.
    Exactly. I made a bug report about that, and after 2 months I reminded them again. Captain Lovelace said the design team will look at it but they are pretty busy. That was at the end of april. Nothing happened. I finally gave up and accepted the skewed loot in FW.
    Edit: I think they fixed the 20 too many rares in one tier though. (Haven't checked in a while, but when I last did, this thing didn't happen anymore.)

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Can we suggest a camp and a loot table to go along with it? (as in design it and submit it? )
    Last edited by K2-Toine; 21st August 2015 at 13:24.

Leader of Kronos II

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    just let campaign rot together with adventure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast