Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [August 5th, 2015] Big Bug Raids and Mount Enchants

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by veny View Post
    Overpowered ? Well, he is exact opposite of overpowered.
    Zumara - 100PC - can mimic items, proc of many sets are 3M+ per item ... runes ? 300k per rune
    Tussao - 100PC - can mimic mounts (that mimic your actual damage) ... can summon mounts (even the PC ones)
    Drogan - 150PC - can mimic runes that are weak as hell. Yeah, his stats are good, but proc is weak. Oh and rune summon ability ? Yes, he summon come scrap, once per few days he summons some good rune. BUT runes are not like mounts - you need 1 or 2 mounts mostly. Runes ? You need 10 of them for ONE set of items ... Without summoning ability, he would be completely useless. Anyway, he is not summoning anything, that is better than what you can get for free...
    Oh, and no achievement for runes owned ...

So, who is overpowered ?
    Given that Tussao copies 50% of mount damage, and Drogan copies 250% of runes, if a mount enchant increases the damage of a mount by 20% of it's base damage (ie it does 20% of the mount's damage), then Drogan would do as much damage as Tussao. In addition to copying every other rune proc you have. In addition to summoning more runes. That's why a percentage based mount enchant would make Drogan OP. Which is the point you apparently missed, even though it was the first sentence in what you quoted, and the one thing you didn't bother to look at in your rebuttal.

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by LyreAB View Post
    Given that Tussao copies 50% of mount damage, and Drogan copies 250% of runes, if a mount enchant increases the damage of a mount by 20% of it's base damage (ie it does 20% of the mount's damage), then Drogan would do as much damage as Tussao. In addition to copying every other rune proc you have. In addition to summoning more runes. That's why a percentage based mount enchant would make Drogan OP. Which is the point you apparently missed, even though it was the first sentence in what you quoted, and the one thing you didn't bother to look at in your rebuttal.
    You gave a really high number for the damage of a mount enchant. What about 2% or even 1%?

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by LyreAB View Post
    Who was suggesting 20% ?? I would be fine with 1 or 2% ... it would make him better than he is now (and he is underpowered compared with Zumara and Tussao).
    About Drogans summon ability- he summons mainly fodder runes. Useful runes are rare, and you need dozens of them to enchant all sets you use (and more, after enchanted sets get outdated).
    Since i bougt Drogan, i managed to fully enchant 2 sets with Iulian runes... one of them became useless few weeks later ... is this your definition of owerpowered ?
    Last edited by veny; 12th August 2015 at 12:07.
    Na ArmorGames hledáme členy pro naší gildu CZ+SK !

I am surprised no one has made the mention of Horse Armor...
    As for Drogan feeling underpowered: maybe a way of upgrading runes, or converting them, like we've seen with the holiday ones with charcoal upgrades? That would give him a boost in his stats to make him seem more on par with other Prem's at his cost.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurova View Post
    I am surprised no one has made the mention of Horse Armor...
    As for Drogan feeling underpowered: maybe a way of upgrading runes, or converting them, like we've seen with the holiday ones with charcoal upgrades? That would give him a boost in his stats to make him seem more on par with other Prem's at his cost.
    mouse did mention saddles, so the thought already bouncing around for horse armor.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Depending on the definition of a big "bug".
    If you take a "bug" like the insect, Wexxa is not a bug.
    If you take a "bug" like all Athropods (you know, exoskeleton, segmented body, no vertebrae), Wexxa is a bug, same as Arachna and MAYBE Corrupted Wilds.

About mount enchants: percental boost would be cool (10% for 10% is not as much) ... at least Drogan would get some boost.
    Tomorrow you will propably see what DEVs could do with mount mimic (Possible spoiler: Tuss-like-ring-in-RNG-chest *cough*).
    Since when are worms arthropods? I agree with Arachna, but not so much Wexxa or Nidhogg. Maybe they could add some kind of Qiraji/Silithid type super-bugs into the game instead too.
    Last edited by GriffonSpade; 24th August 2015 at 05:06.

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSpade View Post
    Since when are worms arthropods? I agree with Arachna, but not so much Wexxa or Nidhogg. Maybe they could add some kind of Qiraji type super-bugs into the game instead too.
    Dunno what Wexxa really is... inchworms are artropods...
    But yea, Wexxa looks more like a giantic earthworm...

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Dunno what Wexxa really is... inchworms are artropods...
    But yea, Wexxa looks more like a giantic earthworm...
    Wexxa is the goblin on the worm's back :P

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I feel like the new Badlands Ambusher raid should be plant and big bug.

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Logann View Post
    Big Bug Raids
    We’ve gotten quite a few requests for more of these, but in truth this raid type was never actually intended to extend beyond N’rlux. Back when this raid was introduced our technical limits were much greater, and it was far easier for us to simply add a new race as opposed to setting items up to deal special damage against that specific raid.

However, times change and utilizing the “Big Bug” race is something we’re discussing a bit more internally. There are a few plausible ways we could make this work and some adjustments that’d make the transition fairly smooth, but at the moment we have a lot of races that deserve some extra attention so we don’t feel an immediate need to address this concern.
    So instead of a bug raids (with pretty decent potential), we got plant raids and now Nightmare queen raids (this race is very limited and almost without prespective to become race of numerous raids).
    *clap* *clap*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12