Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Berlo the Bitter Pill and DC Followup

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Berlo the Bitter Pill and DC Followup

Greetings community!

As you may have noticed, Berlo the Bitter Pill currently has synergy with a general that is not presently obtainable, this is because when he was designed he was done so under the assumption that we’d be resummoning Gataalli Huxac this week which features new items, including that general.

We chose to hold off and not commit to summoning Gataalli right now because we’re still very concerned with how the game has been performing, and it’d be extremely frustrating to chase after a new set of items if you’re disconnecting.

However, we’re making a change with the build today that is targeted at the disconnection problem, the difference with this change over previous changes is that it’s something Curio Quest (another game in the 5PG family) changed that fixed a problem very, very similar to the one we’re experiencing in Dawn, so it’s a stronger lead than some of the other fixes we’ve attempted. As with all of our other changes, this isn’t guaranteed to fix the problem but it’s worth trying and shouldn’t have any negative impact on your play experience either way.

If this (or any other solutions we’re attempting) does fix, or at least significantly reduce the DC problem, then we’ll schedule and summon Gataalli in the very near future. If it looks like it’ll be awhile before we can comfortably resummon Gataalli, then we’ll change how the general that Berlo has synergy with is acquired.

Once the build has concluded today, please let us know if you’re still experiencing DCs or any other strange issues you may not have encountered previously.

Thanks, adventurers!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I want to know what you did differently on the WS.

There is never any lag there are all. I can loot raids, summon and join guild raids and dump my E, S and H very fast. It does not matter if WR/ER is up, or how much lag i have on the Kong server, I have never seen any lag at all.

In fact Kong on its best day is much slower at doing anything than the WS is.
    Kronos II (Kong) is recruiting. Leave message on my wall or /w in kong chat

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Most likely because WS has considerably less players on the server.
    They look at him, befuddled by his appearance. But he notices nothing. He only trudges on. He can sense the fear among the citizens, and he can only grin at this. An old man notices something strange about them. Their hands. That is when the old man realized that he was in the presence of the only bare fisted guild in all of West Kruna, and the one man spreading fear throughout the nation is the one and only Crimson King.

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by joe867 View Post
    I want to know what you did differently on the WS.
    I would say the active population of the WS is too low to produce any lag.
    The raid summoning/joining might also be faster if you have less raids in your WS account. The number of raids in your list (New/Active/Completed combined) is a significant factor for how fast you can join raids, because your whole raid list is synchronized with the server when you join any raid.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Thanks, but you are guessing. I often have more raids in my list on WS than on Kong, sometimes many many more, since i tend to loot less.

If its a population thing, maybe more servers for Kong would be quite helpful.

But maybe there is some other difference, hopefully the Devs would know and not have to guess.
    Kronos II (Kong) is recruiting. Leave message on my wall or /w in kong chat

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Once the build has concluded today, please let us know if you’re still experiencing DCs or any other strange issues you may not have encountered previously.
    no change at all...
    edit: right now it's worse then before
    Last edited by Syros; 26th June 2015 at 22:38. Reason: update

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    1 DC.
    After refresh,
    summoned Burbata,
    summoned Siculus.
    Only Burbata in New Raids.
    Raid List refresh, still just Burbata.
    Checked to make sure both had summoned (epic/colossal greyed)

Refreshed game.
    Both raids there.

No problem now, but "any other strange issues you may not have encountered previously".

Disciple of the Traveller
    still seeing frequent disconnects as bad as before.
    happening mostly while in raids, but not seen any real common link beyond that.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    can you please just run that WR?
    I'm just a voice in your head.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Sounds like this "fix" is another stab in the dark that will have little to no effect

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    got DC after DC 3 times, then 4th one 3 mins later

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    ------ Times are WC 27-Jun-2015 ------
    3:5? DC. Questing.
    4:01 DC. Continuous 20 raid hit.
    ******** 17:00 is 10:00am dev time.
    17:01 DC. Clicked Refresh on Raid, but had clicked two raids in chat which didn't survive a game refresh. So probable cause was "Add raid(s) from WC".
    17:05 DC. A minute or so after a game refresh. No clicks.
    17:43 DC. Hitting raid, holding down 20.
    Last edited by Ter; 27th June 2015 at 18:45.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Got a total of 7 (that is SEVEN) disconnects in a total of 40 minutes, never before as often as today. Whatever you guys did seems to have made it worse, if anything!

DCs were equally spread over trying to connect (3 times I got the "green card" saying server is in maintenance or something) and questing (another 3 times) and one was during hitting a camp node, with the 5x20 in use.
    I don't owe you my money, you'll have to convince me, to entice me, to woo me to get it! Got it?
    (Corrected!)
    And you have to end Capital Controls in Greece!
    (Updated!)

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    To spread some love in this thread (much needed): I haven't had disconnects since the last 2 patches. And the game is much more responsible.

Thank you!

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I think the disconnect problem has been and continues to be a problem only for the FB/Standalone server. I feel really bad for the players on that server that they have to suffer through this right now.

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by miztickow View Post
    I think the disconnect problem has been and continues to be a problem only for the FB/Standalone server.
    I'm not so sure about that. Earlier today a guildie (on Kong) was disconnected several times within half an hour. I only had one disconnect myself today (even a new circumstance, I tried to enter a camp node) but I also haven't played much the last two days.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by miztickow View Post
    I think the disconnect problem has been and continues to be a problem only for the FB/Standalone server. I feel really bad for the players on that server that they have to suffer through this right now.
    is more likely it is tied to the total number of active players and thus the oldest server feels it the worst.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    DC is terrible this morning for me, 10-12 in the last 30 mins ...

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    @Mouse: Why not completely disconnect the ability to switch between Kasan and Solus from the main dotd webpage??

The constant chat errors about trying to switch server could also be affecting the game play If the game has to check every time you do something for what server you're on. It's going to build up a cache really fast and lag out. Why not just separate the two completely and try that?

Have dawnofthedragon.com/index.php show two buttons one for Solus and one for Kasan and have the links along the lines of..
    dawnofthedragon.com/kasan and dawnofthedragon.com/solus or something?

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Osuki View Post
    @Mouse: Why not completely disconnect the ability to switch between Kasan and Solus from the main dotd webpage??

The constant chat errors about trying to switch server could also be affecting the game play If the game has to check every time you do something for what server you're on. It's going to build up a cache really fast and lag out. Why not just separate the two completely and try that?

Have dawnofthedragon.com/index.php show two buttons one for Solus and one for Kasan and have the links along the lines of..
    dawnofthedragon.com/kasan and dawnofthedragon.com/solus or something?
    Logann says that was the very first thing they checked and it's not the problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast