Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Did Jormungan ruin the overall gameplay?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Has there been a reduction in the experience gains for energy recently? Doing some testing on 5 energy/stamina hits has shown that 1 stamina gives almost exactly twice as much exp as 1 energy, which ties in with the cost of stamina being twice that of energy. From my point of view, it's meaning that I'm constantly falling 4,000 experience short of levelling if I use all my energy and stamina on a Jorm. which is 1,000 more than it was a week ago. I had been boosting my energy recently, so I could level more quickly on Jorms, but that no longer seems the case.

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Its normal i think. You will get 1 to 2XP per energy spent and 1 to 5XP per stamina spent.
    This number could be affected by quicken mind buff.
    Na ArmorGames hledáme členy pro naší gildu CZ+SK !

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by veny View Post
    Its normal i think. You will get 1 to 2XP per energy spent and 1 to 5XP per stamina spent.
    This number could be affected by quicken mind buff.
    I've recorded it over several hundred hits and it averages at 1 energy = 1.5 exp and 1 stamina = 3.0 exp. The experience rewards for energy seems to have decreased recently as I had it as 1.6 when I last did a calculation a week or so ago.

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Tatlock View Post
    I've recorded it over several hundred hits and it averages at 1 energy = 1.5 exp and 1 stamina = 3.0 exp. The experience rewards for energy seems to have decreased recently as I had it as 1.6 when I last did a calculation a week or so ago.
    As i said ...
    It makes sence since 2 energy = 1 stamina in LSI/SP cost.
    All energy raids are giving 50% XPs compared to stamina raids. Unless you have Machaon/Tollo, there are almost no XP benefits from doing energy raids.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Or QM neck
    or aqua Haste neck
    or double aqua Haste neck

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Tatlock View Post
    well the difference of 1.5 and 1.6 could end up being round off errors really.

and as been said, you sure you using the same amount of QM/haste items as before?

and much better question, just what level are you? there is an XP jump at level 1000 and level 1500 if I remember right. is possible you just crossed one of those boundries.

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    well the difference of 1.5 and 1.6 could end up being round off errors really.

and as been said, you sure you using the same amount of QM/haste items as before?

and much better question, just what level are you? there is an XP jump at level 1000 and level 1500 if I remember right. is possible you just crossed one of those boundries.
    XP jump is more XPs needed to new level ... not less XPs per S/H/E spent ... i hope

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by veny View Post
    XP jump is more XPs needed to new level ... not less XPs per S/H/E spent ... i hope
    he is talking about having a consistently larger shortfall between leveling....

Disciple of the Traveller Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    The XP jumps are at levels 500 and 1k. No jump at 1,500.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by HereticBlood View Post
    5PG has made it so that stamina build is no longer an option. Those who went pure stamina can only envy those who went pure energy.
    No build is "no longer an option"...as has already been stated by Su1, Mace, and others, you are grossly blowing the Jorm Effect out of proportion. If you are a BSI-focused player, sure, Jorms are smart to hit with energy but you still won't get the returns you think you're getting...break down the math of it sometime - I can critique it later. End result: If BSI is the only thing you care about and you want a BSI of 70+, a balanced build is the easiest way, albeit stam-heavy builds have had a better shot for years, and energy-heavy builds now have a chance. Just because 1 new energy raid shows up that has decent tiers and doesn't die in 5 minutes doesn't mean I regret my 5000 stamina.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I'm an almost total E build(I built even out to lvl 60 then went screw it I'm goin for E, haven't added to stam since... fastforward 1.1k lvls later) and perc is my only stat dump... before jorms happened. Now? Still an almost total E build, Still dump stats into perc., I rarely quest now, though. On a happier note my perc is growing much faster now that I can farm with nearly 8k energy compared to just 220 stamina.
    Gamplay ruined? Not in my opinion. Perception useless? Not in my book.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    lol at the 220 stam, as mixed build ( with little more energy) im happy i can enjoy any modifications 5pg can bring.
    Last edited by Seiken; 4th August 2015 at 21:15.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken View Post
    lol at the 220 stam, as mixed build ( with little more energy) im happy i can enjoy any modifications 5pg can bring.
    I thought having little stam would make my life easier... it did. 'Till Jorms came out at least. :P

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrolizard View Post
    I'm an almost total E build(I built even out to lvl 60 then went screw it I'm goin for E, haven't added to stam since... fastforward 1.1k lvls later) and perc is my only stat dump... before jorms happened. Now? Still an almost total E build, Still dump stats into perc., I rarely quest now, though. On a happier note my perc is growing much faster now that I can farm with nearly 8k energy compared to just 220 stamina.
    Gamplay ruined? Not in my opinion. Perception useless? Not in my book.
    If you rarely quest what is the point in dumping stats into perception? Quest is the only area that perception matters and Perception 2 is stil an unknown quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jableski View Post
    you just got almost none before and now you finally have a way to get a decent amount of SP.
    In theory, anyway.
    Myself, I'll have to keep questing. Because after doing that for years, my BSI and gear are lagging so far behind of the average that I couldn't get much out of Jorgs even if I sank all of my energy into them. Same goes for all raids that require billions of damage. Not to mention that most tiers of WRs and ERs (and achievements) are far beyond my reach, which further limits my raiding power.

If anything, this is far better for balanced builds and players with something like 80% stamina / 20% energy. Since they'll be able to get more out of energy now.

Should've definitely gone with stamina build back when I started playing, and simply ignored perception and all that.
    Last edited by Zaltys; 5th August 2015 at 14:49.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaltys View Post
    In theory, anyway.
    Myself, I'll have to keep questing. Because after doing that for years, my BSI and gear are lagging so far behind of the average that I couldn't get much out of Jorgs even if I sank all of my energy into them. Same goes for all raids that require billions of damage. Not to mention that most tiers of WRs and ERs (and achievements) are far beyond my reach, which further limits my raiding power.

If anything, this is far better for balanced builds and players with something like 80% stamina / 20% energy. Since they'll be able to get more out of energy now.

Should've definitely gone with stamina build back when I started playing, and simply ignored perception and all that.
    It's never late to start and considering jorm is aquatic you shouldnt have problems dealing 3b dmg to them.
    /7k+ energy and around 2,3k stamina build here.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklife View Post
    If you rarely quest what is the point in dumping stats into perception? Quest is the only area that perception matters and Perception 2 is stil an unknown quantity.
    Adding to att, once you get some good legions has a very, very tichy effect on damage. Plus I have 220 stam... Doing a couple of hundred thousand more damage per hit is reaaly gonna have such an big effect on my total damage per lvl?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I know the drop rate for Giant's Chest and Giant King's Chest is tiny on a Jorm (I think I've managed three from over a thousand raids), but is there an optimum range for even having a chance of one? Is it better to concentrate on the 3b tier, 5b, 10b, etc?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345