Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DawnoftheDragons.com Payment Issues

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Felendis's Avatar

DawnoftheDragons.com Payment Issues

There are a couple of known issues we are working on resolving right now with our new payment provider on DawnoftheDragons.com. Our previous payment provider discontinued their service, so on Monday, May 11th we began using Braintree for all direct payment options on our standalone site and Armor Games, and Newgrounds. We are excited that this new payment provider gives us better access to payment administration and other services, which should help us resolve issues better going forward. We appreciate your patience while we work through some of the kinks with setting up a new payment system, we understand this can be very frustrating. Rest assured, we are working hard to resolve these issues as fast and efficiently as possible.

PayPal not working
    We have received multiple reports from players that are having trouble making payments using their PayPal account, even though their account worked in the past. We are actively working with both Braintree and PayPal to track down the root of this issue.

If you are experiencing this issue and have not already reported it, please reply to this thread or contact support with the following information:
    Character Name:
    Character Level:
    Platform you attempted the purchase on:
    (Please make sure to detail either Facebook or Standalone)
    What country you are making the purchase from:
    What browser you have attempted to make purchases from:
    What time you attempted a purchase (use server time, the more exact the better):
    Any other info that might be relevant.

One potential work around that some players have found is using their PayPal Debit Mastercard to make a purchase as a credit card, with the funds still coming out of their PayPal balance. You can find more information about their program here: https://www.paypal.com/bm/cgi-bin/we...CIntro-outside

Multiple purchases at the same time
    There is a known issue that appears to be affecting some players that causes the "Payment Completed" screen to not pop up after a successful payment, and without any indication of what happened some players are clicking the Pay button again, which is processing another purchase. We are actively looking into the issue to find a resolution and will take steps to resolve it just as soon as we can.

If you are okay with multiple purchases, we are happy to replace any associated bonus bags you've recieved to upgrade them and provide the PC difference for higher tiers. For example, if there were two $50 purchases made, we are happy to provide the difference so that you receive bonuses for the $100 tier.

If you would prefer a refund for one or more unintended purchases, we can help you with that too! In order to qualify for a refund in this case, the PC and any associated bonus bags must remain unused.

In either case, please submit a support ticket here: [http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...contactus.php]. Make sure to include your character name, level, platform, and the details for the transactions you would like us to take a look at. The most useful transaction details are the approximate time they were completed, the price point or PC value purchased, and any order confirmation numbers you have received via email.

Update: We just rolled out some changes around the payment confirmation issue. If you have had this issue in the past, please let us know if your problem persist or if it is fixed now after you have cleared your cache. Thanks.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Update: We just rolled out some changes around the payment confirmation issue. If you have had this issue in the past, please let us know if your problem persist or if it is fixed now after you have cleared your cache. Thanks.
    I got a confirmation window this time, buying with my c/c. On Friday I did not, but luckily did not have any extra charges go through.
    PapaBear - Luminary in MIGHT and MAGIC

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Question: Is it possible to transfer one of the payments over to a LoTS account or do you have to refund it and we have to pay through that game?

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Tried to buy 30pc for 5$. Still no luck.

Character: Nikia 1645
    Servet time: 7:35
    Browser: Chrome (latest update)
    Platform: AG

Same response from PayPal as last time, "/checkout/genericError/buyer_ineligible".

PayPal still havent answered.

Quote Originally Posted by The Matador View Post
    Question: Is it possible to transfer one of the payments over to a LoTS account or do you have to refund it and we have to pay through that game?
    We would need to refund it and pay through that game.

I received these updates tonight:

Braintree/Paypal issue
    Thanks for following up with that information. I was able to verify your account is setup to process PayPal and you have successful settled PayPal transactions. With the decline2076, this is a hard decline.

2076 : Funding Instrument In The PayPal Account Was Declined By The Processor Or Bank, Or It Can’t Be Used For This Payment.

There are two types of declines: hard declines and soft declines. Hard declines should not be retried; the reason the card is being declined is not temporary and subsequent attempts will likely not be successful. Soft declines can be retried; they are often the result of a temporary issue and may be successful with a subsequent attempt.

I would recommend your customer reaching out to their bank or PayPal to get more information on why they declined the transaction. They will be able to provide the customer with more detailed information on the decline and will only share that information with the customer.

Hope this helps clarify. Please reach out if you need any further assistance.
    Unfortunately for this issue I don't have a good solution right now, we have no idea why PayPal works for most people but not for some. We have gone through every setting in both Braintree and PayPal, and have not found anything that has helped. We have reached out to PayPal support and are awaiting a response.

I would encourage anyone that is having this issue to contact PayPal support to see if they can help resolve it on your end, and please report back any results you see.

Facebook Payment Issue
    They have received the report and have escalated it to a specialized team, but no other details.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Btw, payment form does not work on IE11 (11.0.9600.17501, Edge, no compatability mode). Several exceptions in JS, first one in jquery.min.js file, 'object does not support 'attachEvent' property or method'. Then one more (null reference) and we just see 'loading' message.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    AARRGHHHHHH!!

Ok, so I am not usually one to moan, truly I am not ( Quiet in the cheap seats!!
    ), but what on earth are you guys doing?

This new interface is not only beyond appalling, but you have no way of knowing if your purchase has been successful before you have to refresh the game. To be honest half the time it has trouble connecting to PayPal in the first instance. THEN adding insult to injury we no longer have the ability to buy pc's via our cell phones.

All I can say is PLEASE BRING BACK TRIAL PAY & cell phone purchasing power

Ta muchly

A disgruntled and frazzled

Fizz !
    "And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
    Nietzsche"

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Farewell to have Utym and the rest of Spellsword of the Rising Down before the WR.
    I hate to think that happened the date of purchase in the bazaar and I can not buy them.(Sorry for my English).

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Still in process with PayPal. But:

"...We reviewed your account and could see that you have been attempting to complete this payment several times during the last days.You were advised by Braintree that the payment might have been denied by the credit card issuer. However on our side we did not even request the funds from your card issuer yet.
    Indeed the payment is showing as if you did not go through the confirmation step. The error might occur on the merchant side.
    We would advise you to contact the merchant again related to your issue...."

So, any news about that issue from BrianTree or you, 5pg?

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Character Name: Breagha
    Character Level: 2249
    Platform you attempted the purchase on: Standalone
    What country you are making the purchase from: Germany
    What browser you have attempted to make purchases from: Firefox
    What time you attempted a purchase (use server time, the more exact the better): 3 attempts, last one at 13:45 servertime
    Any other info that might be relevant: I get connected to my paypal account, can log in, and when I click on confirmation the window closes. There is no initiated transaction visible in my paypal account, not even a pending one, so nothing I can contact the paypal support about, as there is no transaction ID available.

And BTW: What happened to the option to pay with Paysafecard codes? I can now only choose between Paypal (which doesn´t work) and Credit card, which I don´t use.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Breagha View Post
    Character Name: Breagha

Any other info that might be relevant: I get connected to my paypal account, can log in, and when I click on confirmation the window closes. There is no initiated transaction visible in my paypal account, not even a pending one, so nothing I can contact the paypal support about, as there is no transaction ID available.

And BTW: What happened to the option to pay with Paysafecard codes? I can now only choose between Paypal (which doesn´t work) and Credit card, which I don´t use.
    ^^ Exactly the same as me.
    "And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
    Nietzsche"

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Ok, final response from PayPal, guys and gals:

"Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding the issue with your payment.I have reviewed your account along with the uploaded screenshot and it shows that the problem is not on your side.From your side everything is good.
    Try to contact the seller to see what can be done in this situation and perhaps to organize an alternative payment method.
    It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal."

So. 5pg, Felendis, Logann, please do smth about it.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    5PG : "we just recently heard back from paypal and braintree and they were able to confirm for us that our systems are set properly and the issue you're encountering is likely on their end. could you try getting in contact with their support team to see if they can help you? (www.braintreepayments.com/contact)"

Paypal: "there is nothing wrong with your account, you should check with the seller for another means of payment"

Braintree: "....." (no response yet)

THIS during dawniversary, the release of a super-premium, and a 75% discount? you need to find a solution and you need to find it FAST, there's only 7 days left until you pull utym of the bazaar, and missing the PC discount is also a big "meh"

maybe you can make make a "send donation via paypal here" and let us claim pc for donation made?

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    There is definitely nothing wrong with my PayPal. ^^ I made purchases on 3 other games afterwards without any issues.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Character Name: Riley
    Character Level: 2119 (soon 2120)
    Platform you attempted the purchase on: I do not understand this question, but I'm trying from dawnofthedragons.com connected to my Facebook account
    What country you are making the purchase from: Philippines
    What browser you have attempted to make purchases from: Firefox and Chrome
    What time you attempted a purchase (use server time, the more exact the better): 1 minute ago
    Any other info that might be relevant: I've also tried clearing cache but getting the same error "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Why we should suffer from inability to give our money to 5pg during sale?

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    ... We have reached out to PayPal support and are awaiting a response.

I would encourage anyone that is having this issue to contact PayPal support to see if they can help resolve it on your end, and please report back any results you see...
    I've contacted PayPal, have verified my acc (even thou i've successfully paid with it before), cleared caches, tried clean browser installations, received response 'its all good with your acc'.

You say you've asked PayPal about 'whats happening'. Have you (5pg) got any response from PayPal? Or BrianTree?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Bonez View Post
    I've contacted PayPal, have verified my acc (even thou i've successfully paid with it before), cleared caches, tried clean browser installations, received response 'its all good with your acc'.

You say you've asked PayPal about 'whats happening'. Have you (5pg) got any response from PayPal? Or BrianTree?

I agree with the motion, at least tell us that they can not fix it, but we will ensure the direct purchase of all we could not buy in recent weeks with the dilemma.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast