Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [May 4th, 2015] Freemiums

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylian View Post
    Will settle for a troop like this - http://zoywiki.com/LotS/Mimzy
    I wish the version we got here had been a Legendary troop like her LotS counterpart. Maybe had the scaling troop aspect bumped up a little too.

Quote Originally Posted by benorin View Post
    4) A Troop that scales with number of buffs, or number of buffs of a certain type. Example: a new pvp reward, a freemium troop that is obtained by achieving rank 30 in duel, invasion, and Colosseum having stats: atk stat = 50*(# of duel buffs), def stat = 75*(# of Colosseum buffs), and proc = 100,000*(# of tactics owned) with chance equal to 0.5%*(invasion rank).
    It would be easier (and more interesting) to have a being (general or troop) that scales with number of boosts owned. Call him/her "_______ the Runner" or something. Has a very low scaling element (+3 A/D for each boost owned, or thereabouts), given how many boosts can currently be obtained in the game. Have his/her lore tied into being the designated messenger for the player character's army, and if you're really feeling cheeky, you could find a way to tie into the player-to-player profile messaging system.

[5) A legion that scales with class. Suggestion are welcome on tweaks/replacements of the following: Any sub-lvl 500 classes - the legion is augmented with an extra 'any' general slot; three different options for the classes between lvl 500 and Luminary: War-Master - the legion gives a 50% boost to SoWW procs, Realm-Walker - the legion is augmented with an Abyss troop slot which IF EMPTY grants a 5% legion boost when hitting a raid with energy, Hero - an extra troop slot; Luminary - the legion is augmented with a Dahrizon general slot; Immortal - the legion is augmented with a Dahrizon general slot and a Mina Von Richten 3 troop slot; Immortall Drake-Slayer - the legion is augmen, a Mina von Richten 3 troop slot, and an extra siege armament slot (Black Powder is what I was thinking); Demi-God - legion is augmented with a Macheon general slot and an extra siege armament slot.
    Too specialized. Speaking as someone who has both Mina3 and Mach, there are many people who either don't care to (or don't have) access to either of those individuals, and likewise, I can't see the company making a legion that's tied to AP and PC-paid items to work most effectively. It would be a useless upgrade for people who reach that point and don't already have those items.

Besides, Dahrizon and Mina3 are good enough that they already end up in a lot of legions, regardless of their setup. It's not like Made in West Kruna, where the specialized generals needed to boost the legion are available in the same chest. This is tied into different systems and relies on gambling (if Mach were available), AP and PC purchases to function effectively.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyrabbits View Post
    I wish the version we got here had been a Legendary troop like her LotS counterpart. Maybe had the scaling troop aspect bumped up a little too.

It would be easier (and more interesting) to have a being (general or troop) that scales with number of boosts owned. Call him/her "_______ the Runner" or something. Has a very low scaling element (+3 A/D for each boost owned, or thereabouts), given how many boosts can currently be obtained in the game. Have his/her lore tied into being the designated messenger for the player character's army, and if you're really feeling cheeky, you could find a way to tie into the player-to-player profile messaging system.

Too specialized. Speaking as someone who has both Mina3 and Mach, there are many people who either don't care to (or don't have) access to either of those individuals, and likewise, I can't see the company making a legion that's tied to AP and PC-paid items to work most effectively. It would be a useless upgrade for people who reach that point and don't already have those items.

Besides, Dahrizon and Mina3 are good enough that they already end up in a lot of legions, regardless of their setup. It's not like Made in West Kruna, where the specialized generals needed to boost the legion are available in the same chest. This is tied into different systems and relies on gambling (if Mach were available), AP and PC purchases to function effectively.
    First of all, thanks for going with one of the ideas and adding to it. I lack lore skills bc I don't read x) lol

I must admit the example of a scaling legion I presented was lacking. I mostly wanted to suggest such a legion which didn't allow for an infinite number of troops or gens somehow. In the example the only pc item was Mach (Macheon) and he wasn't introduced until Demi-God class which starts at lvl 10,000. Find me a Demi-God who doesn't have Macheon... when you do, tell them "Gratz for buying so many damned extra pots!" from me, ok? (Conservative estimate: let's say you don't use any vol pots to level until level 1500 and you don't start needing 2 two pots until level 5000 because you got 2x aqua haste necks and qm on speed-dial all the while hitting only aqua raids: then mach will save you say 1 vol pot for every level past level 5000 and that means 5000 vol pots would be saved up to Demi-God status, vol pots cost 3 pc each so that's a saving of 3 pc x 5000 = 15,000 pc! Whoa! I'd just buy Macheon by gambling on the MP

My Platform(s)
    World Server

Another few Ideas

7) A freemium troop that scales kinda like Utym, say a 200/200 troop that gains 1 atk for every 20 ppl below you on Destroyers board and gains 1 def for every 20 ppl above you on the destroyers board (Max. ppl considered 10,000).

8) A little something to add to the benefits of questing: a freemium troop at 50/50 base stats that gains 10 atk and def for each difficulty of each quest zone completed (as measured by the status of the last quest area in each zone).

9) (Premium) Greedy Goblin Banker - atk stat scales somehow on amount of gold earned hourly (with a cap) and def stat scales with amount of gold currently deposited in the bank (with a much bigger cap), small chance to summon a land, lore: Ruth the Miser's rival. Maybe needs one more attribute to be an 100 pc worthy item, maybe generate token for one of the festival gambits, the gold costing one.

10) Dido Celwer Bloodwyn - this was an essential character from Clash of the Dragons without whom one would not construct a deck, she should have a mechanic about saving the player's life (like a resurrection rune in adventures or something like that) and I would say some sort of Bloodwyn related scale factor if there were enough Bloodwyns in the game - but there aren't - so, dream something up... link for old Dido Celwer Bloodwyn Clash of the Dragons card.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I must admit the example of a scaling legion I presented was lacking. I mostly wanted to suggest such a legion which didn't allow for an infinite number of troops or gens somehow. In the example the only pc item was Mach (Macheon) and he wasn't introduced until Demi-God class which starts at lvl 10,000. Find me a Demi-God who doesn't have Macheon... when you do, tell them "Gratz for buying so many damned extra pots!" from me, ok? (Conservative estimate: let's say you don't use any vol pots to level until level 1500 and you don't start needing 2 two pots until level 5000 because you got 2x aqua haste necks and qm on speed-dial all the while hitting only aqua raids: then mach will save you say 1 vol pot for every level past level 5000 and that means 5000 vol pots would be saved up to Demi-God status, vol pots cost 3 pc each so that's a saving of 3 pc x 5000 = 15,000 pc! Whoa! I'd just buy Macheon by gambling on the MP
    Whether a demi-god has Mach or not doesn't really matter. The general is offered so infrequently, and is tied into a system that requires you to gamble, that I can't see the company going out of its way to tailor a legion to something that they have said in the past is overpowered and would never be offered for direct sale again.

Never mind that I have seen people in WC who admit they don't even bother to use him anymore. Never mind that (if the guesses are true) 5PG are more likely to make you pay for extra slots in a legion with PC's, if Gauntlet is any indication. Never mind that the nature of legions are such that they've expanded to (as of Endless Dawn) an 18-gen/50-troop/6-armament setup that gives you a ton of flexibility and options with how to set it up. It's too little reward for such a high level.

7) A freemium troop that scales kinda like Utym, say a 200/200 troop that gains 1 atk for every 20 ppl below you on Destroyers board and gains 1 def for every 20 ppl above you on the destroyers board (Max. ppl considered 10,000).
    I'm not even opted-into rankings. A troop like that would be meaningless to me, and I suspect others as well. It has to have usability for every player, regardless of their playstyle. This just sounds like it would create a wider gulf between people who can pay to hit more/farm more and those who can't.

8) A little something to add to the benefits of questing: a freemium troop at 50/50 base stats that gains 10 atk and def for each difficulty of each quest zone completed (as measured by the status of the last quest area in each zone).
    Eh, we already got a very solid freemium (Matriarch) this past month, and there are enough rewards offered at the end of NM quest areas (generals, magics, equipment) that I don't feel we need a ton of extra unique troops. Mina was the last one released, and that was only two zones ago (not to mention she's a legendary with a very good scaling element).

9) (Premium) Greedy Goblin Banker - atk stat scales somehow on amount of gold earned hourly (with a cap) and def stat scales with amount of gold currently deposited in the bank (with a much bigger cap), small chance to summon a land, lore: Ruth the Miser's rival. Maybe needs one more attribute to be an 100 pc worthy item, maybe generate token for one of the festival gambits, the gold costing one.
    I'd much rather see 5PG make gold more usable/viable in general, not make people pay out the nose with PC to have it do something effective. Besides, Ruth died at the beginning of "All Roads Lead", and gold is otherwise worthless save for the aforementioned festival and healing while farming elites.

10) Dido Celwer Bloodwyn - this was an essential character from Clash of the Dragons without whom one would not construct a deck, she should have a mechanic about saving the player's life (like a resurrection rune in adventures or something like that) and I would say some sort of Bloodwyn related scale factor if there were enough Bloodwyns in the game - but there aren't - so, dream something up... link for old Dido Celwer Bloodwyn Clash of the Dragons card.
    Father Aecasius scales depending on whether you own one or more Bloodwyn family members, and there's already a half-dozen of them in the game. Likewise, you can't actually die - if you're running out of health, it means you need to up your defense and/or health a lot more, not keep paying gold or otherwise to heal yourself.
    Last edited by crazyrabbits; 31st May 2016 at 03:13.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234