Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Idrinth's Raidsearch

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

Idrinth's Raidsearch

I started witing a webpage-based raid-search utility for the Kongregate server a while back and it managed to grow into something, that's mostly useful for searching specific magics or raids.
    I believe it finally left early Alpha, so I'm looking for people to play around with the page and provide feedback on what works, what is useless and what could be improved or added.
    to the page

Planned for the page
    • redoing the design
    • adding summoner image from game data(assuming I find the images)

Planned for the script
    • message if buying land doesn't work because of lack of goldincrease tab size
    • raids sortable either oldest to newest or newest to oldes(option)
    • default raid sorting from newest to oldest

Last edited by Idrinth; 6th May 2016 at 13:50. Reason: added versions up to 1.31.0
    Working on a small Raidsearch-Utility based un UgUp. It's Alpha, so if you have ideas or found bugs, please let me know.
    Characters: Kongregate, Facebook, Newgrounds

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    The Idea is awesome, maybe implent an join all button and an search all posted raids button !
    And of course make it for other platforms if possible

Btw: where does it get its raid ? posted on Wc or just when summoned ?

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    posted to the Worldchat is the source(via UpgUp) - while I'm checking them for being alive, I still end up with dead ones once in a while
    Search all works, if you just don't enter anything into the search
    I just can't let you join yet, I do need a javascript for that - for joining all mutiks should give similar results on kongregate anyway, so that it isn't needed there.

I plan to add more platforms, I just need to see how far I can push the server beneath it - some stuff does take too long already so I might need to upgrade it first. I might do a first try with one more platform next weekend, since it seems to be a tiny bit faster with processing the stuff than with getting new stuff.
    Working on a small Raidsearch-Utility based un UgUp. It's Alpha, so if you have ideas or found bugs, please let me know.

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    The tool is cool, but it's SUPER slow right now when loading a user's summon history.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    That might actually be the guild-history loading, do you have an example where it takes that long? I'll check that again today, hopefully and most likely it's just a small issue.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I managed to reduce the issue a bit, but it's not fast yet :/

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Is it possible to have timestamps for when the raids were summoned? (I have no idea if that info is in UgUp)

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Is it possible to have timestamps for when the raids were summoned? (I have no idea if that info is in UgUp)
    nope Mitz, was thinking that "WC raids" ugup API call is providing this info, but then compared timestamps with those on my server and they were the same, so you can get only time of when raid was made public, not true summoning time.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    If you're open to feature requests, I'd be curious to see the magic statistics broken down by raid, as the magics that end up on an Abomination are rather different than those on a Serpina. I'm not certain there's much practical value in more detailed data either, so if it's a lot of working it's probably not worth doing, but it'd be interesting to see.

You're also probably going to want to change the health variables from 32-bit integers to something else =P

Otherwise, it seems like a nice tool.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues View Post
    If you're open to feature requests, I'd be curious to see the magic statistics broken down by raid, as the magics that end up on an Abomination are rather different than those on a Serpina. I'm not certain there's much practical value in more detailed data either, so if it's a lot of working it's probably not worth doing, but it'd be interesting to see.
    Shouldn't be much of a problem, I'm already collecting data by raid
    You're also probably going to want to change the health variables from 32-bit integers to something else =P
    that should have been bigger already, I'll recheck where it's turned into something smaller.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    @Blues you can see your desired, boss-specific stats now

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    @Blues I hope I found the place where the number-size maximum was set too low, I'm just rerunning updates in the background, so if I'm lucky it'll all be fixed in a short while - if not I'll need to search again.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Did add two graphs, a pi-chart for magic usage and a line chart for level history of summoners

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Thanks! The health issue definitely seems to be fixed now, and the new magic stats look great.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I'm glad you like it
    If anyone wants a name for his or her guild, just send me a (private) message ingame - and remember to remove any optouts you might have set

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Assuming I didn't mess up, exports of all known members of a guild can now be collected in 3 different formats.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    searching for summoners works now - just by ingame name so far.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post
    That is interesting. Granted I know the RC used to keep track of things people summoned and also total number of raids summoned. They probably had more, but oh well. I know they kept data on bellas, *or insert other raid*, being summoned and dying.
    I'm pretty much just not deleting finished raids, that's all.
    Those links seem to say UgUp allows us to see what raids we have active, succeeded or failed.
    Yes and no, it can tell you what raids are currently active or have been recently. on top of that my page only takes the ones that have been posted to WC.
    Now the question is "Will it keep track of raids summoned by a person in terms of succeeded or failed?" Sure, this could be useful in deciding whether or not to bring someone into a guild or not.
    tbh, I just assumed, it would be nice to know who's able to summon a specific raid. The failing and not failing part is likely just showing who shared a raid too late, or at a bad time.
    On top of that, isn't it easier to ask for people to kill your Green Killers or whatever than than to press the often failing share buttons again and again? At least mine often fail to post a raid.
    EDIT: http://prntscr.com/6zx1oo Not sure how I feel on this.
    I'd like to know what makes you feel unconftable about it - I'm happy if I can make it less unconftable to you and anyone else.
    Whoa, so it only shows raids said person summons. So everyone can see if your raids are succeeding or failing. Is that really in UgUp?
    Yes, Yes and Yes.
    I can query a raid's HP for example once I know that raid(via WC-sharing). After that I can continue to update until it succeds, fails or times out.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I don't particularly care that people's raids are being shown as failing or succeeding. Personally may opt out just due to that.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post
    Personally may opt out just due to that.
    I can easily disable the failed raids, I honestly don't want to drive people away from UgUp - actually I'm just trying to be helpful and show them, tht there's a benefit to having them enabled.
    In your case, disabling UgUp would pretty much just disable your leveling stats since raids still have a summoner and the match is by ID, something you can't change.

I'm just having trouble following your line of though - might be due to my english not being perfect tho: Why would you disable UgUp, if you didn't care about the one point, that you mentioned negatively?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast