Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Contest! Chance to win two vols!

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Contest! Chance to win two vols!

Hey all o/

With the recent complaining about everything (mainly by me), me and Logann (mainly me) have come up with a great (average) idea!

Now, since I love doing things backwards...

Prize - TWO vols of your choice (Logann wouldn't let me choose your prize) for the best answer!
    Deadline - Monday evening!
    Judge - Me (My rate for bribery is 3 vol stamina pots)
    Contest! - Your favourite memory of DotD!

Now, since I will be judging, make it funny, and short, nobody wants to read a 500 page essay on your favourite day.

Also, if your story is something like "Got claudia in 2 rolls of MP" then don't expect to win, I'm looking for something funny, unique and a little bit weird.
    Anybody who says their favourite moment is this contest, will have two vols taken off them and donated to Felendis.

Keep it PG13.. I don't want to hear about the time I got drunk and started swearing profusely at anything that moved then proceeded to pass out. It doesn't have to be anything in game, could just be community related, a funny conversation in chat, Or a massive [PG13 FILTER] organised by everyone.

Good luck! And may Amata always be in your bed.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    The day I read Sol's "guide". Just could not stop laughing.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    +1 Smoke. My favorite memories are of people doing bus and glyph trains (beo's were always the best) and emanonevahi making train ascii art for them. TOOT TOOT here comes the train! Of course these were being done at 4 a.m. with a cigarette dangling out of my mouth. I can't imagine why I thought things were so fun back then but they were. Room 1 was a great farm room. Oh I also miss Burritohead, but there's probably no one left that remembers that crazy cuckoo.
    Lighter of the Grail-Shaped Beacon (TM) and Spanking expert.
    Dawn Guild 1.0 - We Used to Care

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I remember the day(s) when Vinnie kept insulting everyone for any reason and saying "I LOVE BOOBIES AND TURTLES"

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Favorite day, with none coming near it, just has to be the day i saw the thread about how everyone got kicked from DotD Anon on WS..

The amount of butthurt in that thread was enormous :3

pls no bully

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    My favorite memories of Dotd.

Back when I was a little Sui I liked to quest hoping for those Golden Garden drops that no one had the full set of. My first non consumable drop was Penelope's Band which at the time I had no clue it wasn't supposed to be on the loot table. After a couple hundred levels I received a Golden Garden item piece and was happy. But after another hundred levels I received a second Penelope's Band. Now this is where the fun begins. I posted in chat I received a second Penelope's Band and got people telling me that is impossible and it was a Unique drop ( http://imgur.com/v62F2EW ).

Now at this point I messaged a couple of developers who were online at the time. After multiple devs told me different things like "Golden Garden was unique." I talked to Dahrizon who was the project head. He told me that the Golden Garden ring was supposed to be the item instead of Penelope's Ring and gave me two of them. I told him I thought they were unique since Lena/Cleo told me that. Turns out I was talking to the wrong people this whole time and Dahrizon was always the right person to talk to (I do think it might have been Levi who told me at the time the same thing Dahrizon told me).

Was kinda funny getting the rings from perception rather than killing Lairs for that ring.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    This was likely one of my favorite memories of the game, I was a relatively new player and the massive amounts of damage were insane not one,or two hits over 20m but three!!

That coupled with a lively chat thread, meant that it was a huge amount of fun and to cap it all I believe Machion dropped for me during this raid as well

BTW nice idea for the thread Mesh

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    My favorite day was when I got my first Premium from the MP "Machaon" on AG (bad MPs these days). I have played around 1 month until then and was really sad when people told me they have Machaon, how nice he is and that I maybe never get him. But the RNG Gods helped me to get him for maybe 300PC. That was a fair price for me and the day became really good

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by ChVoS View Post
    My favorite day was when I got my first Premium from the MP "Machaon" on AG (bad MPs these days)
    Silly noob, Machaon isn't a prem. I should disqualify you based on your incorrectness, but Logann said I gotta be nice.. I will just swap your steak for dog food. :P

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I know the history of Machaon, but since his name is yellow he is one of them.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    My favourite days in DotD :

When i got my prem Zaboo in MP for only 30PC and Mathias for only 45PC that was one of my special moments in this game , because people spending like 1000+PC to get prems from MP..

Second was my first Golden Garden and first Pano drop.. As I am that person which like perception build that was my special days

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by ChVoS View Post
    I know the history of Machaon, but since his name is yellow he is one of them.
    yellow items are regarded as Mythical items. All mythical items are not premium. If you see properly, many NIP gens and troops have their names in yellow but their stats do not scale as of what we call premiums.
    The Shadow will take it all, in time

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    My favorite memory was my first GG drop! It was on WS at like lvl ~500, and on the FB server(which I had been playing for over a year and a half) I had absolutely NO GG(even though I'd had 10K+ perc for long time)! After that I got two GG drops in a week on FB, and just missing one piece on WS...

On a side note: It's very annoying for noobs with no where near 10K+ perc talking about how they have full GG....

Edit: literally 4 hours after I make this post I get my last piece of GG on WS and managed to get two pieces in two clicks!
    Last edited by Pyrolizard; 24th January 2015 at 03:34.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    2 panoptica pieces dropped one after the other within 3 questing hits, I got 5 pieces lifetime and am lvl 1800ish with more than 6 months between the rest of the drops.

This happened after I gave up on trying to get them and forgot they existed lol.

I initially taught it was a bug but turned out to be the RNG Gods

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    My favorite day would have to be the day I became the 16th Drake slayer.
    I pushed hard to be the 16th one (has a better ring then 17th) and made 50 levels in that one day.
    The Most leveling I have ever done in one sitting was so tired by the end of it but so happy as well.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Favorite memory is my first few days... There was a ER the first day where I struggled to hit 5m, but I did it. Few days later, when I got my Hard badge on kong, the WR with the Vorks drops was up.. I was able to hit over 100m on the WR, which in turn allowed me to craft the vorks, vorks, vorks legion. Being under lvl 100 and having that legion helped me gain so much power and strength in a only a few days. To see your power increase so much, really made me feel as if I had a chance to compete with higher players...

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    My favorite memory of DotD is working damn hard to try getting to that 36k perc tier, sacrificing any chance at having a good BSI and ever getting Tisi or Serp. But then after reaching my goal and trying hard again I actually ended up by getting both Tisi and Serp. Also just gonna mention January 3rd getting Omni Pano in perc drops.
    Jem, Officer of Kronos II (And Truly Outrageous)

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Hey Meshie,
    as people are the last thing that keeps me around my best memories are about them. I really liked how back in Anon we faced the very first camp on hard with all challenges going through pots, levels, nodes and hours and hours of night while chatting and having fun. Anon was a good place to be back then...
    Another fond memory is when bunch of us decided Anon is not that place anymore and we left together to have fun elsewhere. It showed me people still matter and there is a reason to go on playing.
    Last edited by furak; 12th February 2015 at 20:10.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    The day you wrote hello beautiful on my wall...

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    There were MANY cool days on Dotd, but one of my best is recorded here:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/247...ections?page=1

Now for the moment of silence - for all those friends (tarka, deepwedgy, wurzel etc)mentioned there, who used to play, drink and horse around with us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast