Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: WC - cannot log in to server

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

WC - cannot log in to server

ok, its been a week plus and i'm very tired and sick of it. Thanks Lena for giving your typical ways to fix it, but none of them work. I have unlimited setting on flash, i'm on windows 8.1, latest version of firefox, but WC always fails... always... this is becoming extremely frustrating. game loads, that's good, but need chat... what can i do to make this work!!!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    for some players, the typical troubleshooting steps work, i assumed you tried them all? (other browsers perhaps? or re-installing the current? any chance it's your firewall?) If those don't work for you, the tech team will have to check further, but any details you can provide will help

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I've found that if you are logged into WC on one machine, then attempt to log into WC on a different machine without closing the browser on the first machine, it will not let you log onto WC at all. Sometimes the same thing can happen if you try to log on after a crash as well.

There needs to be an auto log off after a set period of inactivity.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Lena, i can confirm this too. I have a machine say my primary PC. I'm playing dotd and later quit. Just leave my browser open and such (I'm an active player so I always have a tab open.). Later i jump on my laptop and open up the browser and connect to dotd.com. WC will not load. I've tested this 5 times now. If i go to my PC and close down that browser, then my browser on my laptop can connect to WC on the first refresh. I understand that you can't have 2 sessions, but this is much later, like hours later. Despite that it seems that the original browser is still holding onto something on the server. I'd really suggest for playability, you have that time out with the game. This would be a great thing because if the machine you left logged in is not in your home or is not reachable for whatever reason, it's a major snag in the game. Please consider changing the code for how this works! Thanks!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    thanks for the details, i ve passed them on to the tech team

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Lena, i have a problem, i can't summon colossal raids.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by _Hollow View Post
    And so you decided to necro this 3 year old thread that has nothing to do with your problem... why? Couldn't you at least have necro'd one of the many threads in this forum that ARE about the same problem?

Hell, Lena isn't even employed by 5PG any longer, so she's certainly not going to even notice this thread, let alone fix your issue!
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by _Hollow View Post
    You should contact tech support