Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: Clash of the Dragons Lore

Clash of the Dragons Lore

Cross-posting this from the Clash forum, since that will go offline at the end of October.

The zip file linked below contains all of my in-game text docs from Clash of the Dragons. Whilst it will mostly be of interest to current or former Clash players, some others might also like to see what happens in West Kruna 250 years after the events of Dawn.

----
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4k...ew?usp=sharing

(The files are too large for the forum to accept them as an upload.)

These only go up to the point I stopped working on the game, since that's when I stopped updating them, but they contain all the zones apart from the latest one.

To give credit where it's due:

• Vansau wrote a lot of card flavour text -- which you can see marked in that doc as "Mike's Cards".
    • Stranger wrote flavour text also, and you'll see some of that in the "James' Cards" section.
    • He wrote the lore for the Dimetrodon pet too.
    • Vansau wrote the Civil War campaign ambushes. That's from Silas the Undying, Part 1 to Grigori (V) in the story doc.
    • He also wrote the Lady Macar mega brawl story.
    • Argilvie wrote the flavour text for his tribute card.

It was a pleasure to work with Vansau and Stranger, a pair of very talented writers. And it was an honour to put in that tribute to a valued council member during his final months.
    ----

"...the game in general seems to have a wanton disregard for human life."
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Thanks for compiling this. Is it possible to have the art included in this or in a separate file?

Quote Originally Posted by miztickow View Post
    Thanks for compiling this. Is it possible to have the art included in this or in a separate file?
    I'd have to talk to my colleagues about whether we can make the art available.

For the moment, you can view it on the wiki:

http://clashofthedragons.wikia.com/w...e_Dragons_Wiki

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I've download and unzipped it and all I have when I try to view the lore is this: http://prntscr.com/56dibe
    What am I doing wrong?

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

Quote Originally Posted by pyrolizard View Post
    I've download and unzipped it and all I have when I try to view the lore is this: http://prntscr.com/56dibe
    What am I doing wrong?
    It won't let you scroll down past that?

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    No, I can scroll down but is that all? No lore? Just names?
    Edit: at the bottom it says that it has a problem loading more pages...

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet

The table of contents lasts for the first 15 pages.

Which program are you using to open .doc files? You should be able to scroll through the whole thing with any program that can usually open them.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I'm using google drive...
    Edit: I used Zip Extractor to extract it.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I got this when I tried to open it with different apps
    Edit: If the image doesn't work here's the link: http://prntscr.com/57b6uc

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    When I downloaded it and tried to open it it said that it needs to have a program to have open windows file... my operating system is Ubuntu 12.4 LTS.

Any word processor should work -- including the various free ones, like Open Office. I don't use Ubuntu, so I couldn't say which would be most appropriate for that operating system.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleomedes View Post
    Any word processor should work -- including the various free ones, like Open Office. I don't use Ubuntu, so I couldn't say which would be most appropriate for that operating system.
    Nope.... Still not working! Am I doing this right? Should I download it? I currently have it on google drive but not on my computer... when I try to open it with Google Drive viewer it loads everything except for "CotD Story Text.doc"... when I try to open it Google Docs it just loads... and loads... and loads... I've tried to open it with two different word processors... I've tried to convert the file to .pdf but the conversion just times out...

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I'm gonna try downloading it then downloading and installing libreoffice and then trying to open it with that...

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    It worked!!! Thanks Cleomedes!

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    ...And done!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Other
    wow! that's really amazing dude

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by preetlove View Post
    wow! that's really amazing dude
    Hehe, his signature rang a bell, so I looked through his post history, funny stuff! Probably not still an active bot but I am surprised his post are still up.