Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clash of the Dragons Farewell Notice

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Felendis's Avatar

Clash of the Dragons Farewell Notice

This message is being cross-posted to all of our game forums to announce the unfortunate news that we have decided to shut down Clash of the Dragons on October 30th, 2014.

Clash has been a labor of love for our team here at 5th Planet Games for over 3 years now, so coming to this decision has not been easy. We estimate that nearly 100% of our team has worked on Clash at some point in their time here, so this is a personal decision for us, as well as a business one.

For a long time now Clash has been performing drastically below our other games, and the reason we were able to keep running it at a loss for so long was because of the profitability of our other titles on web and mobile. However, no matter how well the other games are doing, it doesn't make financial sense to continue to support Clash.

The Clash team will be moving on to help with other projects, including our two new upcoming mobile games, one of which is wrapping up development and gearing up for launch in the next several weeks.

To read the full shutdown announcement in the Clash forum, click here.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Sad to see clash go
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

Sargaash the Mighty equal Nethlion's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    First Legacy, now Clash.

It's sad to see games go But maybe it's a sign; online ccgs are hard to maintain. I hope that the next title you guys make isn't a ccg. I hope that isn't taken the wrong way; it just seems like the trend.

Good luck with the future, 5th Planet. I hope you all continue to keep pushing through

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlion View Post
    First Legacy, now Clash.

It's sad to see games go But maybe it's a sign; online ccgs are hard to maintain. I hope that the next title you guys make isn't a ccg. I hope that isn't taken the wrong way; it just seems like the trend.

Good luck with the future, 5th Planet. I hope you all continue to keep pushing through

This is just one gamer's opinion, but Flash CCG's/Browser-based CCG's are hard to be successful if they are spread across to many platforms. Keeping the platform/pool of players concentrated allows players more diverse and numerous opponents. I think that is why some CCG's fail/aren't profitable. If they go CCG again soon, hopefully they keep the player base concentrated, and not spread out. (As a preferance, when it comes to CCG's, I prefer stand-alone far and away).
    Last edited by tobiashunter; 24th September 2014 at 04:01.
    While direct buy prices may fluctuate or change, and the ability to directly purchase a premium will not always come before the ability to acquire that premium through luck or chance, every premium will be available by direct purchase in some fashion during that premiumís lifetime. You can now quote us on that. - Felendis

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    This message is being cross-posted to all of our game forums to announce the unfortunate news that we have decided to shut down Clash of the Dragons on October 30th, 2014.

Clash has been a labor of love for our team here at 5th Planet Games for over 3 years now, so coming to this decision has not been easy. We estimate that nearly 100% of our team has worked on Clash at some point in their time here, so this is a personal decision for us, as well as a business one.

For a long time now Clash has been performing drastically below our other games, and the reason we were able to keep running it at a loss for so long was because of the profitability of our other titles on web and mobile. However, no matter how well the other games are doing, it doesn't make financial sense to continue to support Clash.

The Clash team will be moving on to help with other projects, including our two new upcoming mobile games, one of which is wrapping up development and gearing up for launch in the next several weeks.

To read the full shutdown announcement in the Clash forum, click here.
    This smacks of your new investors that you recently gained already putting their stamp on 5PG, a shame really.......

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Felendis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrogger View Post
    This smacks of your new investors that you recently gained already putting their stamp on 5PG, a shame really.......
    Without going into the details of our shareholder or board status, rest assured they have no influence over something like this, nor would they desire to. There just came a point where it was financially irresponsible to keep it going, along with the fact we have a fantastic team working on that game that can now work on much more valuable projects for the company.

I am sure this will come up any time there is a decision or change that people feel is financially driven, so I figured I would at least get this out there now. We have completely hands-off investors, there is no way they can or would put their stamp on the company or our games.

Golden Garden Monk
    Will there be a end of game give away like on LoH?
    Pay no attention to the signature behind the curtain.

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Sage View Post
    Will there be a end of game give away like on LoH?
    Follow the link in Feledis's post and read the Q and A.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Felendis can you tell me which of your products will exist until the very end? I play mostly DotD but also LoTS. Can you tell where its more worth to support you?

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by ChVoS View Post
    Felendis can you tell me which of your products will exist until the very end? I play mostly DotD but also LoTS. Can you tell where its more worth to support you?
    Better question is Felendis do you guys have other games on the way for PC? If so any info on them?
    Jem, Officer of Kronos II (And Truly Outrageous)

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    This is too bad - I had a fun run on Clash and it actually led me to DotD which has turned out to be a much bigger addiction. Too bad I stopped playing Clash over a year ago - wouldn't have minded the compensation package. Particularly the familiar. Hint Hint.

Golden Garden Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericchrist1 View Post
    Better question is Felendis do you guys have other games on the way for PC? If so any info on them?
    You may want an answer from Felendis directly, but from what I have read, 2 mobile games are coming, no more PC games.
    Pay no attention to the signature behind the curtain.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Sage View Post
    You may want an answer from Felendis directly, but from what I have read, 2 mobile games are coming, no more PC games.
    Thats a shame, it'll be another 2 years before i get a good enough mobile to actually play games on it. Kinda sucks living in 2 countries during the year.
    Jem, Officer of Kronos II (And Truly Outrageous)

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    No game lasts forever, but currently, DOTD seems to be doing better than LOTS.

Looking at the rate at which 5PG shuts down their games lately, it's probably a good idea to not invest too much in this game at this point.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Thanks miztickow. I just mean which will survive longer, but you answered it. And not investing too much is a good argument especially if the compensations are mehh...

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Sha View Post
    Looking at the rate at which 5PG shuts down their games lately, it's probably a good idea to not invest too much in this game at this point.
    And not investing too much is a good argument especially if the compensations are mehh...

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    If nobody invests anything then 5th Planet Games makes absolutely NO MONEY causing more game shutdowns and/or total bankruptcy... so the less you invest as a community the more likely this and/or other games will be shutdown losing your and other players investments in time and/or money... so the best way to protect your investment is to invest more and/or recruit more players/encourage other players to continue to invest/recruit!

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    But I don't think a hand full of players alone can save the income of 5PG. They should try to find new players more active and not scare away. But still if compensations are bad, then you always have the feeling you absolutely waste the money. I'm not playing on CoD but I can believe they don't want to start a new game from lv1 again. To give new players 30% of virtual money back is not enough. They also should offer to create an account based on their level in other games with a decent sp compensation for example or just 100% PC. They would blow the PC anyways in MPs or for potions to keep up with high level players. And if not, we would still have a nice new member who will give the game more life. Its scary how AG lost so many players while I'm playing there.

Hope the merge will show NG beginners that its not a dead product.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    so did the warhammer online players get anything back when the servers went down?? i dont think so!
    30% of spent maybe not enought for you but nowhere stands that you get back your money when the servers are going down??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast