Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Lockboxes!

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Introducing Lockboxes!

Greetings community!

Today we’re extremely excited to introduce Lockboxes into Dawn! This post will provide you with some information about how the feature will impact you.

What are lockboxes?
    Lockboxes are chests that require a special key to unlock. Once unlocked these chests contain powerful prizes for your character.

Where can I find a Lockbox?
    Lockboxes can be found as a rare drop from some raids or from Perception while questing.

Where do I get keys?
    You may purchase keys from the Bazaar initially. Keys may also find their way into special events and World Raids.

You also receive discounts by purchasing keys in bulk!

How long will the Vampiric Lockbox be available for?
    Quite awhile. Whereas a standard bag is typically available for a week or two at a time, specific Lockboxes will be available for months at a time. When we plan to remove a Lockbox or switch it out, we’ll provide you with a heads up in advance!

Will these items be available outside of this Lockbox?
    We currently have no plans to offer these items outside of the Lockbox.

Lockbox Giveaway and Daily Login
    To help you get started with these new Lockboxes, we’ll be giving away 2 Vampiric Lockboxes to all players who have logged in within the last 30 days. We’re also updating Daily Reward: Day 5 with a free Vampiric Lockbox Key for one week only.

If you have any further questions, please let us know!

Happy hunting folks.
    -Mouse

Sweet sounds like an interesting concept i just hope they dont drop like pano gear ive had over 20k perception since it started now at 32k and still have not had a single pano drop even with the boosted perception via pots on top of the 32k perception. I also went from 2k energy to 4k energy.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    A key giveaway would make more sense since this is what players will lack, while we will most likely end up fed up of boxes that wont get opened because keys will most likely cost PC......
    Hide your kids hide your wives Darg just posted on forums.

"It's not gambling ............ It's RNG." ~TitoBandito

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Greetings community!

Today we’re extremely excited to introduce Lockboxes into Dawn!
    -Mouse

Oh,let me guess ... keys are for PCs right ?
    Na ArmorGames hledáme členy pro naší gildu CZ+SK !

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I saw these were available on the mobile version... and as promised, I will not be spending money on anything like this. Sorry, I can live without the items in the lockbox.
    Plundarrrghh, slowly fading anon.

You got me runnin' goin' out of my mind
    You got me thinkin' that I'm wasting my time
    Don't bring me down

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I hated this idea from mobile. Here several of us were just saying "Thank goodness 5pg hasn't introduced this idea to our platform. I hope they never do" and then you did.
    Bored now.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Other
    keys! i hate keys! i keep forgetting where i put them!

but it's nice to see a different daily reward which won't be obsolete since we will always need it ..
    i shop therefore i am

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    W/o seeing the content of the chests, their drop rates, or the price of keys ... it's a little premature for me to suggest this, perhaps, but something that might work (because, why would most people raise percept for a chance to spend PC?) would be to have a craft recipe to change X number of chests into Y number of keys?

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Key sales on the Mobile must have been great if THIS is the feature from mobile that you are bringing over first!

Gotta say, it would have been MUCH nicer for you to start us off with 2 keys. If mobile is a reasonable example to follow, then the lockboxes themselves will just be stockpiling in our inventories while keys will be few and far between for non-whales.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Please make the key a permanent reward. Daily rewards need SEVERELY updated and this would help. Also, from what I heard it's 25PC a key?!? That's a bit outrageous pricing. 4% for buying 5 keys is saving a mere 5 PC. This is just a terrible addition.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    My question - What is in the lockboxes? and can we hope to see the Keys become craftable in the citadel much like Volatile pots are where you get one each week?
    ]

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Just to make it clear, the "great key giveaway" is just one key on the 5th day of the week and since its for "week only" it will end up with getting just one single key.

I just have to wonder if this was too good of an idea to pass up. So many of the freemium games have some form of 'hey, you found an awesome box with awesome loot! Now buy a key!' mechanic, and they're widely reviled, but I have to assume they're huge moneymakers too. Shame to see them here. Hopefully they don't become a huge sink. As always, I'll give 5PG the benefit of the doubt that I won't hate it once I have seen it in action long enough.
    Council Member - Legacy of Heroes; RIP LoH

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Don't buy the keys. Push 5pg into making them craftable...because yuck.
    Bored now.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Hopefully it is not as broken as the mobile version that setup is just horrible. This looks to be similar in style if not loot, very depressing.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Hated this in mobile... lock boxes filling my inventory with no hope of ever being opened. WORST FEATURE EVER.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I played a game once, there were boxes too. Players were loaded with them but keys were too expensive and like majority of prizes were completely not worth buying the key.

Just like we have Kobold loot bag, General, mathala scrap, iulian runes? NOPE here have 1251243123 pieces of Bjorn razor and other useless weapon Flail of agony.

"Save Planet Coins by purchasing Vampiric Lockbox Keys in bulk!" - off of the patch notes. The keys will be for PCs and as high tier rewards in WRs.

Whilest the WR part is nice to get a few scraps of gear, this is only a reskinned version of the already existing 25 PC mystery boxes. This time however they are more devious in giving you the box already and saying "all you need is the key to open it." They will probably end up compounding this with the idea you need 5 of an item with random chances to max it out. Enjoy peoples.
    Pay no attention to the signature behind the curtain.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I could live with it if, after a particular key has been discontinued for a while (couple of months maybe?), it ends up somewhere in the citadel so people could eventually open all their stockpiled boxen. 'Course they'll probably end up in the MP instead :\

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
    Don't buy the keys. Push 5pg into making them craftable...because yuck.
    Wish this would work ... i am more and more wondered why so many people still feed all those RNG money drain things ...
    I bet there will be at least one new premium with 1% chance to make people buy keys
    Na ArmorGames hledáme členy pro naší gildu CZ+SK !

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast