Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: A new Training Dummy

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

A new Training Dummy

Okay the festival already has training dummies, but this is totally different and I don't know what else to call this (ideas are welcome )

The idea is basically a training dummy that you can attack to test your own power! And perhaps more importantly, test gear.

The specifics:
    -It would use blue or yellow buttons instead of orange or green or purple, and it would give no exp upon hit. It would also use no resource, allowing you to hit infinitely.
    -It would look like a raid but have no timer and no HP.
    -It's type (so beastman, ogre, camp, ect.) could be changed by some dropdown menu.
    -Should have the same amount of magic slots as a colossal raid, and unlike in normal raids the player can add or remove as many magics as they want to
    -The button to access the dummy would be accessed by clicking a dummy in the citadel tab
    -The damage counter on the dummy could be reset with a reset button
    -There would be a hit counter as well to count how much "resource" or stat has been used.
    -Mach and other healer procs are excluded and cannot proc (OR better, if it can be programmed this way, they can proc but your level of stam/en/hp will be unnaffected.)
    -(bonus) I think it would be cool if the artwork too could be changed with some unique and humorous artwork choices available (or maybe someone could select artwork from whatever existing raid they wanted).

The only (2) drawbacks I thought of:
    Some things, like Bladezz or Blue Manticore or whatever trigger on the next hit, and thus the dummy could be used to trigger the procs unfairly by hitting the dummy till it gives the trigger proc, and then using the damage proc on the next raid. While I don't think many people would have the patience to abuse this, its worth noting. I think it is possible that it could coded that this wouldn't be abused.

EDIT: Also, summon procs like those of Tussao and Mathias would probably not proc. (However they proc so rarely that I think it is debateable whether or not it should be allowed. Spending hours upon hours hitting a dummy for nothing actually warrants a chance at a mount or troop imo.)

-

So.. yea. I think this could be a great tool for testers, and a nice thing for noobs and alike to have fun with.
    Last edited by TheLavaIncident; 11th June 2014 at 23:44.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    +99999
    All them free tuss and mathias drops :3

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Oops I missed that. Okay yes that'd be nice but that probably won't work >.> I'm ammeding the OP.

However I want to say too though, that since tuss and mathias drops are so rare it might not be thaaaat bad to have them be included in the dummy. You guys can discuss this freely if you want.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    no but a mach proc is pretty common...

Leader of Kronos II

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Okay, missed that too >.> ammeded OP once again.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    So basically you want to test gear without using any of your resources?

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I guess, but is there anything wrong with that?

Also added in a hit counter to the OP

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Bump

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    would be great if the dummy could be switched to be an undead or a campaign etc.

Leader of Kronos II