Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adventure Starting-out Tips

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

Cool Adventure Starting-out Tips

"ADVENTURE" tips - Suggestions for additions are welcome.

Random Things to Know...

--You can only have one adventurer in each "MAP" at a time...
    So for instance, if your ranger is in "Filth Of The City" and another guildy posts HIS Filth... You cannot join it with another character until AFTER the Ranger's Filth completes. - This means, with 7 Adventurers and 5 maps currently, you can be in at most 5 adventures at a time.

-- Sometimes when you want to apply your "Skill" (Magic) to the boss, there is none to choose from. This is a bug.
    Exit the adventure completely, and go back in. It should now be there to select.

-- Your party's HEALTH BAR is made up of each adventurers total health added together... Not all classes have the same amount of hitpoints. If your party is made up of 5 mages, you will have a smaller total health than if your party is made up of 5 knights.
    Additionally, the adventurers Health Stat increases as they level. So a 5th level knight will add more health to your party than a first level one.

*Health bar does NOT regenerate over time.
    In order to HEAL you complete "RELIC" tiles (If a Cleric is in the party), or hit bosses after the cleric power "VINDICATE" has been applied.
    -As mentioned in the numbered tips below... "RELIC" healing tiles heal a % of the TOTAL HEALTH bar capacity at the time it is completed... So if you wait until all 5 adventurers join, you will heal more than if the tile is completed with only a partial party.

1 EXTREMELY important...
    If you JOIN an adventure, then change your mind before picking an adventurer... you are STILL taking up a slot.
    - choose your adventurer even if you realize you have 0 honor and cannot hit. -This helps the team.
    -This applies even if you created it with the map. By creating it, you have automatically claimed a slot.

2- Remember to Equip your adventurer BEFORE JOINING A CAMPAIGN.
    -Equipment can be bought in the Bazaar (Blue Cloak) or Crafted in the Guild crafting tab. The crafted ones are specialized to a particular Class. -*- Mage and Rogue special items drop from adventure bosses.
    -Provisions are available in Bazaar for PCs, or in Guild Shop for Guild Tokens so far.
    -Boons are only in Bazaar at this time.

3- The hardest maps to start with currently are the 4-node "Walk In The Woods", and "The Emerald Upstart....
    -Save them until you get a few levels, unless you're well PC equipped, OR just want particular Adventure Quest Loot without worrying about success. - Once we have higher level adventurers, They will probably be able to walk lower level ones through any map.

4 - Don't do special mission tiles unless the correct adventurer class has joined your team, or will NOT be doing so.
    - Once you lose party health it's hard to get back.
    -- You can do nodes in any order... When you first join, LOOK before hitting quests. Find missions for YOUR CLASS or BASIC.
    Start on the node with Basics, your class, or other early joiners first. Do other nodes once you've had time for other class adventurers to join.

*Remember - Charging through traps without a Rogue or Wasting Relic Healing without a Cleric, etc.. is NOT a good idea.
    *Hold off Completing Relic Tiles until the full party has joined, as it heals a percentage of total health upon completion rather than a set amount.

5 - Except for the Knight... you should not hit the boss until you and others have applied your Skills (Magics), unless for the lowest possible tier.
    - Knight.... hit first... THEN apply your magic.
    Don't kill off the boss while other players are waiting for Skills. If you do, they get no loot. Bug, or Feature?
    - Stop at fair share, and remind them to hit if needed, but otherwise I suggest you WAIT an agreed upon time before hitting more... If playing Realtime this can be short... If playing with offline members, Give a set amount of time, between 12 hours and until less than 24 hours is left on adventure, Summoner's Choice.
    -*If doing a map that will fail, you can still kill and loot PART of the bosses. If a player runs party health to ZERO before all members loot the dead Boss however, the players who have NOT looted CAN NOT.* - please be fair to them, and give them time to loot by the same agreed format, and DO NOT run out the party health until then.

6- Use ONLY 20's during boss fights... lower numbers cause the same damage to the party but deal less to the boss.
    OK. So there's exceptions to this rule.
    If you have a TON of extra health, 1 and 5 hitting the boss evidently gains your adventurer more Exp, per Commentors Victory and Tesugi. So, if the party is in great shape, and you want to level your adventurer.... 1-hit away. Just consider your party members, and keep an eye on the health. Please don't make the entire adventure fail for a quick-level.

*Unverified Tips*

7- Getting players their Best Loot.
    -Some players will need certain loot that drops only from certain Adventure Bosses. Other players may NOT need this loot.
    The Wiki is slowly being fleshed out with the locations certain loots drop from.
    If you NEED a certain item, be sure to speak up in Adventure and/or guild chat and let other players know which Boss drops it.
    -An example is... "Butchers Dawn" Legion drops ONLY from the "Filthy Crawler Thug" Boss of node 1, Filth of the City (Adventure)
    We do NOT know Tier information yet. - HOWEVER. - If one player HAS that drop, but needs the drop from ANOTHER node, Players may be able to increase their chances of the desired drops by 20-tagging the unneeded Boss, and giving the rest of their share to another player in exchange for THAT players share of the boss they NEED.

LOOT INFORMATION. - More detailed information is on the Wiki.

3-Node Maps

"Filth Of The City" - Craftable Map - Guild Flags
    - Adventure Tile hits on this map have a chance to drop Troops and Guild Tokens. Bosses may drop Generals, Legions, and a Rogue Equipment item. See Wiki for specifics.
    This adventure can be succeeded on even by an all level one party, IF they play using common sense and the tips above.

Lady Cecile's Tomb - Craftable Map - Officer Training Manual, and Arcane Essence.
    - Adventure Tile hits on this map have a chance to drop "Iron Caps" items, Guild Tokens, and 3rd boss drops a Mage Equipment item. See Wiki for specifics.
    Shave of Murder: Chance for bonus damage against Campaigns; Extra damage for each piece of Iron Caps set equipped
    This adventure can PRESUMABLY be succeeded on even by an all level one party, IF they play using common sense and the tips above. - I haven't been able to test yet.

4-Node Maps

"The Emerald Upstart" - Maps - Dropped by Tuxargus and Nylatrix Guild Raids.
    - Adventure Tile hits on this map have a chance to drop "Bookkeeper of Blood" items and Guild Tokens.
    Increases Energy by 10 and Stamina by 5; Additional 2 Energy and 1 Stamina for each piece of Bookkeeper of Blood equipment set equipped.
    For characters without Greenleaf Gear, this may be worthwhile for even a failed run-through.
    (Recently, with a party of all level 1 adventurers and 0 potions we were able to kill 3 bosses and reach the 4th boss before failing in "Emerald Upstart" - This was with a party that included every class, good planning, and a lucky draw of 3 or 4 Relic tiles. Success is possible at all level 1. Just not probable. Very IM-probable.)

"A Walk In The Woods" - Maps - Dropped by "Keron The Sky-Shaker" Guild Raid.
    - Adventure Tile hits on this map have a chance to drop "Void Ranger" items and Guild Tokens.
    Straight from the Abyss: Chance for bonus damage; Extra damage for each piece of the Void Ranger equipment set equipped; PVP Bonus: +100 Power; +75 Damage; +75 Deflection
    (I do not think even with the best planning, best luck, and guild potions, that this map can be completed with an all level 1 party.)

"Amphitheatrics" - Map - Craftable
    - Adventure Tile hits on this map have a chance to drop "Marble Collosus" items and Guild Tokens.
    Marble Massacre: Chance for bonus damage; Extra damage for each piece of Marble Colossus set equipped; Extra damage against Constructs
    (I haven't played this one yet... however I'm betting it's harder than "Walk")

Achievement Point Play

In addition to the STANDARD playstyle, which generates AP for adventure completion, there are also specialized party combination achievements.
    To begin with, the specialized scenarios will be more difficult, however as more adventurers are added, and adventurers become higher level for a larger health pool and to unlock more magic choices, this will be simpler.

The "All One Class" achievements will be difficult mostly due to having to complete tiles with the wrong party members.

Envision a party of low health mages. Completion of a trap tile might give them extra damage, and a Relic tile will NOT heal the party... Unless....

- Currently you can buy "Boons" in the Bazaar for PCs to allow adventurers to imitate some advantages of other classes.
    | For instance, one boon will allow "Relic" completion to heal the pary for 5% base health.
    | Another can reduce the miss chance from cursed ground.
    - Only ONE Boon can be carried per party member, so it takes 2 people to simulate 1 missing class.

By careful use of these Boons you improve your chances of success as a single-class party... But their effects are still less than having an actual member of that class in the party.

Master Adventurer - Standard Completion scenario.

Sneaky Adventure - Complete an adventure with All Rogues

Holy Adventure - Complete an adventure with All Clerics

Chivalrous Adventure - Complete an adventure with All Knights

Magic Adventure - Complete an adventure with All Mages

Hunters' Adventure - Complete an adventure with All Rangers
    Last edited by daedreem; 2nd August 2014 at 07:26.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    OK, I keep looking for a post like this to point people too and not finding one... I decided to make one to fill the need for now.

Just having realized it is 4 AM, I'm leaving it with the bare minimum for now. Please feel free to comment or message additions I may have missed..

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Walk in the woods nodes (not boss) drop pvp gear that is a little bit worse than GMAA but better than master at arms making it useful for people who can't reliably max tier cara yet.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Lady Cecile's Tomb drops Iron Caps set. Each piece that I have (Helm, pants and gloves) are 230/230 with bonus damage vs. campaigns. And the usual, extra damage for each piece equipped.

Lady Cecile has 4M health.

Another tip, try to include all classes in the party. There are zones where each type of member gives bonuses. The 2 PC boons won't stack with those bonuses and usually don't seem to be as good as the bonuses from the character class but can be helpful if you didn't get one of those types in your party.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    1.Summon one adventure and choose a class asap.
    2.Other people join in and choose another different class asap(better say what class you are going to choose in guild chat to avoid same classes)
    3.wait 5 ppl with 5 classes
    4.begin adventure, FS all quest zones(432/576/960/? honor each person)
    5. cast magic on all bosses except the knight, knight hit the boss then cast taunt, other people hit FS on boss

Thats our basic approach so far. Shouldnt have any problems with first 3 adventures like that.
    As daedreem mentioned, better hold on to the 2 harder ones. They are not possible for a lvl1 party w/o pc items (You would need a loooot of luck for that with healing)

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Filth requires rogue/cleric/knight, Tomb requires rogue/cleric/mage, and idk what the other 2 require.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by miztickow View Post
    Filth requires rogue/cleric/knight, Tomb requires rogue/cleric/mage, and idk what the other 2 require.
    Cant they all have all of the different tiles?

Sargaash the Mighty equal Nethlion's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Essah View Post
    1.Summon one adventure and choose a class asap.
    2.Other people join in and choose another different class asap(better say what class you are going to choose in guild chat to avoid same classes)
    3.wait 5 ppl with 5 classes
    4.begin adventure, FS all quest zones(432/576/960/? honor each person)
    5. cast magic on all bosses except the knight, knight hit the boss then cast taunt, other people hit FS on boss

Thats our basic approach so far. Shouldnt have any problems with first 3 adventures like that.
    As daedreem mentioned, better hold on to the 2 harder ones. They are not possible for a lvl1 party w/o pc items (You would need a loooot of luck for that with healing)
    this pretty much sums adventures up at the moment.

you can buy a hp pot in guild shop as long as it is lvl 3
    Kindness is the best pain to give.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    If you get a relic tile near the start of your adventure, save it and come back to it after running your health down in another area.

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Jableski View Post
    Not from my experience.

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Jableski View Post
    From the help file:

The Tiles are partially randomized. Meaning when you participate in an Adventure, you may have different Tiles and Bosses each time.
    So, potentially they could if the adventure has those Tiles available from it's pool. In much the same way Nodes in Campaigns are partially randomized from their pool of potential types.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Hey, thank you for the helpful post! Someone posted it in our guild chat, and it's had a good positive impact.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Just one thing to add that I have found useful. If you are the summoner go in and look through the tiles that way you know exactly what classes you need based on which special tiles come up.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I'm glad people are finding this useful, and thanks to those who've replied with additional tips.

I'm having a very busy weekend, but will be back to run another adventure, and update this post further some time Tuesday.

Adventure on!

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    don't clear relic tiles unless the entire party has joined, the deity symbol boon implies relics heal a percentage of total health, and therfore you're wasting part of it's effect in smaller parties.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Im not 100% sure but IIRC the cleric heal tiles(which are called Relics i think) heal your party for 10% of the current total health pool.

So yeah.. they are pretty nice

World Mender
    Quote Originally Posted by daedreem View Post
    I'm glad people are finding this useful, and thanks to those who've replied with additional tips.

I'm having a very busy weekend, but will be back to run another adventure, and update this post further some time Tuesday.

Adventure on!
    Yah, wanna register a thanks here too, even though I doubt my over-zealous guildmates read it~!

P.S. Initially I thought hard - what was the banned word you used in the very first post here ...
    Currently trying to share awareness on this - I realized that I dont really need anymore Premium Generals, esp with the Lockbox Premium nonsense~! And -1 to the AP Zone, AND Shop~! And the World Server~! And the 2.5T WR~!
    - Started around Xmas Eve '2010. Lena told me so. And, all the best to her, and Cleo. Never expect myself to outstay them here ...

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    LoL.. Sorry...
    I initially created the tips on my FB Guild Group....
    With no ability to format posts, I make Copious use of *** to get people's attention on Important information.

I'll try to improve the formatting as I go along.

BTW.
    I haven't added this to TIPS yet...
    But when I am creating Adventures, I make them PRIVATE... and before I give someone the code, I give them this link and say "Read the first post"
    I can't make them follow what they read... but if they don't, well.. I'll never give them MY adventure code again...
    And on Facebook where I am Guild Leader... Repeat issue may just result in a little kicky kicky...

Quote Originally Posted by Cylian View Post
    Yah, wanna register a thanks here too, even though I doubt my over-zealous guildmates read it~!

P.S. Initially I thought hard - what was the banned word you used in the very first post here ...

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Small note:
    You can only join one Filth, one Wood at a time.
    If you try to join a second Filth etc. You get a warning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast