Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: Too Little, Too Late; Compensation for Missed Dummy Hits

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Too Little, Too Late; Compensation for Missed Dummy Hits

I understand that 5PG is busy. The sheer volume of complaints regarding festival issues they must have processed...I don't envy them, that's for sure. I added to their burden. Last weekend, I observed discrepancies with the free hits for the training dummies. I was shorted more than once, but I think I also got one extra hit. On the afternoon of Sunday, March 2, shortly before 4pm (16:00) NY time, I submitted a support ticket about the issue.

Now that the festival is over, I have an email wherein I am told that I was given extra tickets, so I could buy more hits if I wanted. While I do appreciate that I got something, I don't appreciate the timing. The email arrived in my inbox at 10:14am NY time on Friday, March 7. That's while I'm at work (which 5PG wouldn't and shouldn't know, but which they might reasonably assume, given that my approximate location is public information). More importantly, that's less than five hours before the usual maintenance time, at which time the festival was due to end (nevermind that parts of the festival had already ended).

I am, of course, grateful for having received any compensation at all, and I hope to put them to good use during the next festival. Thank you, 5PG.

Really, though... Five days? Were there really that many support tickets to deal with? I've heard that people who submitted two support tickets got much quicker response times. Squeaky wheels get the grease, I suppose.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I'm kind of surprised they decided to handle it this way. My assumption was that the problem was so widespread that it would be a waste of time to report, since they'd probably end up just giving out some free tickets to everyone to make up for it rather than spending the time to do it one-by-one.

I guess I should submit the screenshots of the three lost hits I have proof of, if they're handing out compensation.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    While I absolutely appreciate the dilemma, and am deeply humbled by how well put the original post is [seriously, one would normally expect folks to come in with a verbal middle finger and be jerks when they feel let down.... the maturity here is palpable, so kudos!], I have personally asked the Dev's to take special note of this thread.

I cannot guarantee they will do anything, or even promise a response, but I would like to commend the manner in which this was brought up here, and encourage others with similar concerns to voice them in an equally responsible and mature fashion, rather than let such a well thought out post and thread devolve into open bickering, drama, threats and other unproductive bits.

(I'm not saying others should not post, but rather hoping that those who do post similar issues do so in an appropriate fashion, so that all those affected can receive the time, respect and proper mannered response[s] they deserve.)

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I would've sent in screenshots too but the sheer number of hits I lost wouldn't be worth it to document.
    think all in all i lost 20-35% of my free hits for the entire festival.

That aside, I spent PC to finish off the dummiers up to lvl 19, so i hit them pretty much all at once on the final day. The free hits wouldn't have done much considering the amount of tickets/hits it required to take down the few final ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Our business philosophy is to do what is best for our players. 100% of our players will never agree with any decision we make, but we feel if we do right by our players they will do right by us. I am not talking about only the currently paying players here, I am talking about everyone.
    Entered West Kruna Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Hey guys, apologies to those whose case was handled with delay. We indeed had too many reports, and since each person had a different issue (some missed loot, some lost free hits, but the amount of hits was quite different from case to case etc) we decided to handle them one by one to make sure you all got appropriate compensation. For those that got compensated late, you can use any tickets returned to you in future festivals (there will be more).

If any of you didn't report earlier, or you reported but missed some loot from dummies due to the delay, please send a new/update your existing ticket and we will look into it. Thank you