Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: Cant log on without disabling Antivirus! Report moved to closed before fixing!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games

Cant log on without disabling Antivirus! Report moved to closed before fixing!

I am unable to log onto the game without disabling my Antivirus even after allowing all of the links associated with Dotd. The old thread that was moved without a comment and without solving the issue is right here: http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...114-cant-logon

This issue came about after patch on Friday and nothing else has changed. As stated in the thread that was "solved" I have done everything that you always state as the solution and it still was an issue, tried on FF, IE and Opera with no change and also affects Kong as well (Kong loads as a grey screen, AG as a black screen.

Please fix this issue, thanks

Scrogger AG lvl 874

You don't have to disable it, if you uncheck the "block social networks by default" option. Still quite the pain, but it's the only "fix" that I've found.

Edit; Sorry, it seems like I need to read a bit more carefully. For some reason I thought that said "Avast" - likely because I was having the same issue. I'm not sure which AV you use, but for anyone that has Avast as theirs, unchecking the option listed above in online security extension clears up the issue. If you're using any extensions similar to it with your AV, try that?

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    you can also try reinstalling your antivirus with default settings, then allow the game url and armorgames.com again.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I completely reinstalled my AntiVirus, allowed any link associated with 5PG and still it is blocked. It states that Vipre (my Anti virus) has determined the site you are trying to view contains potentially harmful or objectionable content.

This was not the case before last Fridays patch.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    NoScript was showing a potential Cross-Site-Scripting (XSS) attack when loading NG today. Since AG and NG are pretty similar on the server side, there might be some change since last patch.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrogger View Post
    I completely reinstalled my AntiVirus, allowed any link associated with 5PG and still it is blocked. It states that Vipre (my Anti virus) has determined the site you are trying to view contains potentially harmful or objectionable content.

This was not the case before last Fridays patch.
    tried to google this issue, and someone replied the following:

"VIPRE normally shouldn't be having any effect on websites unless there is an application needed to run something on the website which is blocked by VIPRE. Do you also have our firewall installed? If so, it's most likely a problem with Web filtering. If this is the case, open the firewall. Click Web on the left. Turn of the advertisement blocking option and click Apply. Does this solve the problem?"

there is also this instruction video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDJRB0dYgak