Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: December 2013

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

State of the Game: December 2013

Greetings community! As our bodies continue to recover from an overdose of turkey and stuffing we eagerly look to December where we anticipate wondrous gifts and the consumption of more tasty foodstuffs.

Without further delay, let’s jump in.

Guilds, Guilds, Guilds!
    In the past we’ve talked a lot about guilds and how we’d like to give players additional incentives to be part of a guild. While we’ve certainly added some smaller, quality of life changes to the guild system to help make this true, we are far from done.

Today I am excited to talk about four new and upcoming guild features that we are actively working on.

Guild Campaigns
    Campaigns is a form of Guild vs Environment content that blends raiding, questing and crafting into a robust and unique feature.

A guild master, officer or other rank with the appropriate permissions may summon a Campaign that the entire guild can participate in. At the time of summoning a Campaign you may choose between two different difficulties as well as different challenges.

Challenges are additional things that may be added to the Campaign to increase their difficulty but will also increase their reward(s). Campaigns are timed, so one example is a challenge that will reduce the total amount of time the Campaign has but provides additional loot at the end.

To complete a campaign, you must fight through numerous nodes that are connected through pathways. These nodes have special (and randomized) abilities that players must work together to overcome. There are rare nodes, collection nodes, raid nodes and of course a special boss node. There’s one more node type that we’ll keep secret for now. To complete the Campaign you must defeat the final boss node at the end.

Campaigns will feature unique loot and rewards that aren’t obtainable anywhere else. We’re also using special formulas specific to Campaigns to make equipment weigh more heavily in your overall damage output.

There will be two difficulties as previously mentioned: Normal and Hard, with the intent being that Normal should be something many guilds can participate in and Hard being truly difficult with rewards to match.

We have a few surprises still tucked away, but we’re insanely excited for this feature and can’t wait to get it into your hands. That said, we still have three more guild features to talk about!

Guild Leveling
    Tangible guild progression is something we feel guilds have sorely been missing out on. To address this concern, let us introduce you to Guild Leveling!

As guild members participate in guild events, they will earn experience for your guild as a whole. As your guild levels up you will unlock new items that may be purchased from the Guild Shop! We want to continue to expand the guild leveling system beyond just the Guild Shop in the future as well.

This is something that every guild member can help contribute to for the improvement of their guild overall.

Guild Reputation
    Your personal Reputation with your guild will dictate many of the items you may purchase from your guild shop. This is your personal Reputation and it is unaffected by other players. There will be a total of 6 guild reputation levels: Neutral, Favored, Esteemed, Revered, Exalted and Venerated.

Guild Shop
    There will be 10 guild levels at launch with items that cannot be acquired anywhere else. The Guild Shop will give access to Guild Weapons, Armor, Generals, Troops, Runes and more.

To purchase items from the Guild Shop you can find Guild Tokens which drop from Campaign nodes.

That’s a lot of stuff!
    It sure is! And I am certain the first question you’re wondering is “When?”, obviously we aren’t willing to provide the exact date, but I can say that we plan to release all of these guild features at the same time and in the near future.

Quality is important so we’re going to take the time we need to make sure this lives up to our expectations and yours.

We’ll answer questions as we’re able in the replies, so ask away!

Public Guilds
    This is something that can be found in both Dawn Mobile and Legacy of a Thousand Suns. Especially with all of these shiny new guild features on the horizon we want to help introduce new players to the guild system to better prepare them for when they feel ready to join a normal guild.

Public Guilds will not have access to Campaigns, Guild Levels, Guild Shop or Guild Reputation. It’s not an intended replacement for normal guilds, but should be seen as an excellent means of guild introduction.

Crafting Page Revamp: Feedback wanted!
    We’re also cooking up the much desired revamp of the Crafting page and would love to get some community feedback to ensure we’re meeting your expectations and needs.

Paging instead of scrolling
    As opposed to the current scrolling system, we would incorporate a paging system. This means when you click the down or up arrow it would load 4 recipes at a time. This is expected to cut load times considerably.

Organization
    First we plan to re-order the tabs as follows:
    New, Collect, General, Enchant, Misc, Legends, Guild

Next we’re adding a search bar that will allow you to search for items by recipe name within that tab. In addition to this we would also add in new sort drop-downs:

• Newest (default)
    • Name (alphabetical)
    • Goals (Recipes which you have some of the necessary ingredients for, but not all)

We would also make some adjustments to the current sub tabs as well as some additions.

• General Subtab - Removed! (New sort and search options should fill this gap).
    • Misc Tab - Would now have Idols, Perception Drop Potions and Clockwork as its contents
    • Coins - A new sub tab with the current coin related recipes (IE Glorious Dawn)
    • Relics - Past coin recipes (IE Breaking Dawn)
    • Achievements - Unchanged

Many recipes initially craft into an item and then the recipe becomes Stat Points afterwards. Now when a recipe converts into Stat Points it will be moved from the General tab to the Collections tab instead.

Bubblesort
    Sorting options will follow a specific bubblesorting ruleset as follows.

• Recipes currently creating Stat Points will sort above recipes that create items.
    • All recipes currently ready to craft (you have all the ingredients) sort above those you do not have all the ingredients for.
    • Stat Point recipes will sort from highest value to lowest.
    • All recipes will otherwise sort from newest item creation date to oldest
    • If a player crafts all the recipe items available,
      • Re-sort the page at that point.
      • The “exhausted” recipe re-sorts to the “not ready” section.
      • The “item crafted” splash screen appears for the recipe that was just created.

We may add more sorting options than what is listed.

Feedback
    We’re really excited at the prospect of getting the crafting page revamped as it has needed it for some time.Please leave your feedback as a response to this post.

Developer Holiday Absences
    Please note that the 5th Planet Games offices will be closed the week of December 23rd – 27th. We’ll still respond to and correct any major problems, but our response time to other issues may be slower.

Conclusion
    As you can see, we have a lot in the works over here at 5th Planet. Beyond all the new content and items we’re talking about above, there’s also still our focus on the improved UI, quality of life changes and much more.

It’s kind of an odd feeling to know that this is the final State of the Game post for 2013, but as we look forward into the adventures that await us in 2014, I can’t help but get more and more excited.

Until next time, adventurers!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    the guild features sound really nice and provide a much needed something to do, but I hope this doesn't die out like a few other things have.
    here's to hoping it comes rather quickly

PLANS FOR PERCEPTION CHANGES???
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Our business philosophy is to do what is best for our players. 100% of our players will never agree with any decision we make, but we feel if we do right by our players they will do right by us. I am not talking about only the currently paying players here, I am talking about everyone.
    Entered West Kruna Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sargaash the Mighty equal Mitch Manning's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    was one heck of sotg. really excited about the guild stuff. sounds very fun.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    um. i look forwoard to seein gthese guild options. please let the gear be usable guys. the fact that so much loot is not retentive is a big deal. make it good

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    What about legion favorite ?

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Great to hear about the crafting page changes, would need to see a screenshot to give more input. The guild stuff sounds quite interesting, like the idea of a guild shop and guild leveling. I'm just wondering though about the campaigns, did you already set what player's resources will it use? Will it be just an honor thing or will it also require e/s or did you plan on not using all 3 at all?

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    There are a ridiculous number of world raid crafts. Please, please add a way to search for recipes by the name of the world raid with which they are associated.
    I'm the third party in third-party scripting

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    The guild features sound great! Hopefully it will make guilds more interesting. My only hope/want would be for more granular or just more levels of permissions for summoning etc. For example, you can assign specific raids/sizes to specific ranks instead of an all or nothing sort of thing. This would also be helpful with the new features you mentioned.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Thanks!

• Guild - none. Just... now, please
    • Crafting - like. Please add "sort or group by ingredients"... I'd hate to turn all my tentacles into SP, then realize I'd had enough to make Armor Scrap 5.

All for now... thanks for the update!

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    current crafting UI is ok, just split EVENTS to a separate tab, thats all that is really needed

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Wish PvP updates didn't disappear from these

quite a big plan there. Although I'm looking more for other futures like AP2 I'm still glad that there is much going on.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by furak View Post
    current crafting UI is ok, just split EVENTS to a separate tab, thats all that is really needed
    This would be good IMHO... all the other additions just seemed to complicate the crafting section.... I can see with all my WR stuff that is uncrafted finding things will be a headache.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Not happy to hear about all the stat recrafts heading to collections: I can craft happily through collect atm, only remembering not to use my pumpkin chunks at the bottom (which need moving out of that tab). Now it'll be a minefield of not using Teucer/Sargaash/Mina1, etc. Let alone using a rare wr drop for stats that I wanted to save for when I get a couple more when/if that wr rolls round again. Launched golems, perhaps?

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Crafting Page Revamp: Feedback wanted!
    We’re also cooking up the much desired revamp of the Crafting page and would love to get some community feedback to ensure we’re meeting your expectations and needs.

I still think Mobile's crafting format would be nice for web.

Great State of the Game, I'm excited for guilds.

edit: I too would like to know where perception stands right now.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Adding something new for guilds is always a good thing. Currently its just kill Rhal and wait (at least for me).

Crafting revamp sounds awesome also. Having an option to only show crafts that you can actually complete will make this amazing and I think tons of people will agree there.

Still hoping for perception revamp (getting implemented into raiding) / ap revamp / pvp revamp / legion favorites.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Mitch Manning's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Su1 View Post
    Crafting revamp sounds awesome also. Having an option to only show crafts that you can actually complete will make this amazing and I think tons of people will agree there.
    this. this is all i would need to be happy.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I just recently quit the game cuz it was getting boring, only came here for updates and to check for wr/er. this WILL draw me back one of the big parts i missed was something to do with the guilds. thanks for giving a good future to the game and for keeping me come back XD

but yeah, not that exited about the craft page, i like that you try to reduce the load, but kinda keep the tabs as it is now..... this works (if general doesnt lag up, just split that a bit) stop changing this that work well :P

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    That's... one heck of a feature list. Looking forward to it.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilious View Post
    Not happy to hear about all the stat recrafts heading to collections: I can craft happily through collect atm, only remembering not to use my pumpkin chunks at the bottom (which need moving out of that tab). Now it'll be a minefield of not using Teucer/Sargaash/Mina1, etc. Let alone using a rare wr drop for stats that I wanted to save for when I get a couple more when/if that wr rolls round again. Launched golems, perhaps?
    Hey there Bilious,

I can put these concerns to rest, a bit, perhaps. It won't be *all* stat re-crafts. For the recipes being moved over, think more in terms of the recipes that create an item just once, like the early crafted magics and a few other odds and ends, and never get used again for anything else other than SP; for example Burning Rain, Pegasus, etc.

Items that are part of a WR and have multiple uses aren't getting moved over.

Mistblade
    Crafting Counselor to the stars

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast