Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Cosplay Contest

Entry.

This IS the thread for DotD, and the character (minor as it may be) is Anselm.

PC paladin general you can pick up from the Citadel now.

http://dotd.wikia.com/wiki/Anselm

So, here's my number of pictures that I had my brother take while indoors... Outdoors is all dark and gloomy, so I didn't go for a more interesting photo area >.>

Standing in front of a closed door was the only suitable area without clutter.

http://s660.photobucket.com/user/sid...70027.jpg.html

Yes, the dove IS backwards. No, I did not try fixing it.

http://s660.photobucket.com/user/sid...70028.jpg.html

I didn't have time to make it a long-sleeved chain shirt, so it'll have to do...

http://s660.photobucket.com/user/sid...70029.jpg.html

My armor is considerably more shiny than his, but I haven't been off crusading either.

http://s660.photobucket.com/user/sid...70030.jpg.html

I do not love beard mice, so I left that part out.

http://s660.photobucket.com/user/sid...70032.jpg.html

All natural bathroom picture, complete with toilet paper.

http://s660.photobucket.com/user/sid...70034.jpg.html

These are non-edited (unless you count rotating the picture), and in their natural resolution.

So, that's it. If you need me to do something, let me know and I'll see what I can do...

<===<{>==>>>=====>

To be honest, the last time I "dressed up" as anyone in particular was a crusader. I think I was 10 or 11... Since then it's been random, so this is something I haven't tried in a long time.

I used cereal boxes and made lamellar armor once and spray-painted it gold, and shield and sword out of layered cardboard, but I've since lost pictures if I ever had any : /

If you'll allow a picture or three of how I dressed up for a Halloween dance on Saturday, I can provide a few for viewing (Renaissance style bodyguard type, with my brother dressed as a nobleman)
    Last edited by Sidorian; 28th October 2013 at 01:16. Reason: more text.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Ah, finally done! ...looking back, it shouldn't have taken me this long considering what I had to make, but working it in between classes/midterms/various other things to do, I think this is all I could manage. Doesn't live up to my normal cosplay standards by any means, but I was working with campus bookstore+Walmart supplies, so... gh, yeah.

I did paint myself half green and half grey! The green (both of my skin and on one claw) looks really washed out here and almost white, not sure why... must have been the change in lighting between my room and outdoors. The guy I ambushed asking him to take pictures of me was really... uh, surprised! Yeah, surprised.

I wish my hair was doing the over-shoulders thing, it really looks like Matricide then. (Edit: got a picture of it!) Hard to arrange it with giant claw hands though. Also that left leg band isn't supposed to be down there, it's supposed to be on my thigh... I didn't notice it drooping...

My eyes are really something in the last pic ah well, can't edit 'em.

Matricide cosplay by me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full1.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	320.4 KB 
ID:	4503

Name:	full2.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	326.5 KB 
ID:	4504

Name:	halfie.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	288.3 KB 
ID:	4505
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	selfie.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	4507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beardmice.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	4506  
    Last edited by nightwingdragon; 28th October 2013 at 01:31.

The press for time is an annoying battle... If I hadn't already been making the breastplate before this contest, there's no way I could have finished it in the amount of time I had.

You made it in time, so that's a win in itself. Plus it looks good.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Ah, thanks! Yours looks seriously good too, I wish I had the skill to make actual armor (instead of these foam-core plate things...)

If they're holding this contest again next year, I think I'll start early and go for Caracalla...

My work area is small, and most of the tools I use are improvised, so it's an adventure trying to make stuff. =.=

Everything I've learned is either by going to Renaissance festivals, looking at armor pieces, online, or books. I would love to know a smith in the area I could learn from, breastplates are harder than they look...

My Platform(s)
    Android

Bloody Alice the Bandit Queen - cosplay

This year I really had no idea what I wanted to do for Halloween, so when this cosplay contest arrived I think I was a little too excited. Bloody Alice was my first choice and I started working on the costume two days after the contest was announced.

The entire cosplay was made by me and a lot of blood, sweat, tears and trial and error went into this. I haven't made a cosplay in almost 6 years so despite my rust I was still pleased with the results.

Enjoy :-D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bloody Alice 1.jpg 
Views:	989 
Size:	700.2 KB 
ID:	4508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bloody Alice 2.jpg 
Views:	948 
Size:	557.8 KB 
ID:	4509  

My Platform(s)
    Android
    I attempted to post my entry and now I can't find it anywhere. PANIC! lol, I'm doing this mostly as a test to see if I actually need to resubmit or if there is a delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindel View Post
    I attempted to post my entry and now I can't find it anywhere. PANIC! lol, I'm doing this mostly as a test to see if I actually need to resubmit or if there is a delay.
    Looks like your post triggered the anti-spam systems, so it was automatically moderated - meaning that only we could see it. But it should show up for everyone now.

"...the game in general seems to have a wanton disregard for human life."
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Wow, brilliant costumes all around...

These contests never cease to amaze me with the level and qualities of talent that crop up o.o

Serious props!

Awesome Bloody Alice 0.o

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I'm glad to see there are now more than 1 entry.

Don't ask about the image^.... I Felt a little obligated to put it on.
    My name can stand for error 404 (but don't call me that because I hate it), 401k, and if it was completely binary (101011) it would mean +.
    Don't be afraid to give me positive or negative rep.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I play on Kongregate, and my son plays the mobile version on his Ipod. I have no idea how to get to that forum, but since his costume was a family effort, I'll post it here. He wanted to be an Orok, and his favorite color is orange, so I guess it's Raknur if it has to be a specific character. Nobody else knows what he is, so he loves telling them all about the game. He wanted this to be his Halloween costume before we even knew about the contest. The final touch will be coloring the straps holding it together black. The leather was from a gladiator costume I made back in high school. The crystals are cardboard. And I have to get a picture with a beard mice poster. Enjoy

Name:	IMG_3041.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	204.9 KB 
ID:	4524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3042.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	4525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3044.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	4526

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Mobile forums can be found here http://mobile.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/

Thank you to everyone who posted an entry. The deadline has come, so I'll lock this thread for now. I'll reopen it later, for anyone who wants to post more cosplay pics for fun.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

Well, this was pretty simple. Our winners are as follows:

steellynx
    limette
    Sidorian
    nightwingdragon
    Cindel

Scarlet, I'll count yours as a winner on the mobile forum - since that's where you wanted to post it.

If you all message me with your game details, I'll sort out your prizes.

Congratulations!

There were multiple strong entries across the forums, but we reckon Cindel's one should earn the ultimate prize:

http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...l=1#post637397

We'll be coming up with something to mark her victory. Congratulations!

Also, we've decided to offer one more of the original 375 PC / 600 GS / 600 DC prizes. Some people have told us that they'd have had a chance to enter if the contest was kept open until Halloween night. Well, let's test that theory.

Anyone who wants to submit a new entry may do so between now and 8am GMT on Friday, November 1st. We'll give the best new entry on each forum the same currency prize we gave to each of the other winners. So, everyone has one last chance. Make it count!

My Platform(s)
    Android
    Thank you so much!! I'm insanely excited!

-Cindel

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindel View Post
    Thank you so much!! I'm insanely excited!

-Cindel
    Yours was absolutely brilliant. It really brought the character to the real world.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Congrats Cindel, awesome job you did there Please do share your little special thingy with us!

Will upload new pictures as soon as possible, but I doubt that I can make it till 8am But come on guys (and girls, of course), show us some top class stuff! I want to see some more costumes!

Weeeee!^^

Thank you all for the competition and Cindel clearly did the best job here! I never took Bloody Alice seriously... now I know she's out there somewhere....^^

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast