Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Cosplay Contest

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Well assuming I could actually get a picture posted to hear would it be okay if I were to wear a dragon mask that doesn't 100% look like Phaedra's head, but count it as Phaedra's head? I wish you guys had been willing to allow us to wear a costume that was game related aside from being specifically a character from the game. I just don't have the talent to make a costume exactly like one from the game especially since I can't even get a drawing of Phaedra's head, or even get a print up of it unless I was to go to someone else's house, and print it up yet I don't know how there would be a way to print up a picture of Phaedra's head from the game. On top of that I don't have access to the kind of money it would cost to buy a costume like this in terms of having a Halloween costume store custom make it. But, I was able to get a Dragon Mask that is white, and silver like Phaedra's head is white, and silver, but only problem I don't like about it is that it is getting worn out, and there are some holes in it from the latex melting off due to wearing it so much, and such that I don't wish to talk about. So, I am wondering that even if this would work is it worth it for me to enter into the contest? I know you would have a lot more entries if you let the costume be sort of game related, but not needing to be based off of a character in the game. I don't even know if you guys will get 5 entires, and probably not even more even if you do if you limit it to this sort of thing. So far it looks like there are only 2 entries, and it looks like if i saw things correctly there might not even be more than 3 entries to start with. I would hate for there to be wasted spaces of entries that can win prizes. LOL. I will check back on your answer to this later, and depending on the case I will see if some how I can get a picture posted of me with my Dragon mask on.

Quote Originally Posted by draco99 View Post
    Well assuming I could actually get a picture posted to hear would it be okay if I were to wear a dragon mask that doesn't 100% look like Phaedra's head, but count it as Phaedra's head?
    It can't hurt to try.

"...the game in general seems to have a wanton disregard for human life."
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Off topic but since the other thread is closed: any eta on story contest winner?
    ahh, i wish i woulda known about that contest us umm. red eyed people have a wonderful immagination, especially after playing mmorpgs for over 12 years. but back on to this subject i dont take place in holloween but this sounds fun id be able to do more without worrying as some might. only one question tho, you said no digitally altered pics which of course is reasonable, yet does that mean i cant add i.e. lighting comming from my hand, if not just purging like as if about to preform a kahmeh hameh HA. *lol* nothing else would be altered just something to spicen the pic up and bring it to life. if one of the devs could lmk about that itd be helpful. already have plan on what character and how i shall implement it.

thank you,
    the one and only,

skizzy

Quote Originally Posted by truebluehemp View Post
    only one question tho, you said no digitally altered pics which of course is reasonable, yet does that mean i cant add i.e. lighting comming from my hand, if not just purging like as if about to preform a kahmeh hameh HA.
    Sorry, you'd have to recreate that effect physically via some kind of prop or special effect.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

Quote Originally Posted by draco99 View Post
    I know you would have a lot more entries if you let the costume be sort of game related, but not needing to be based off of a character in the game. I don't even know if you guys will get 5 entires, and probably not even more even if you do if you limit it to this sort of thing. So far it looks like there are only 2 entries, and it looks like if i saw things correctly there might not even be more than 3 entries to start with.
    Quite honestly, this contest started about a week ago. I don't know many people who could cobble something worth posting in that short space of time. I expect there will be more people later on... Few people would just "happen" to have a costume that looks like a character (since you can't re-use a previous costume).

Breastplates are as of right now the most annoying piece of armor to make IMO, but I should be able to post something before this is over. 0.o

EDIT: Took the liberty of posting a picture of it... My arm is sore, and yes, it's a long way from finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOTD post.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	4406  
    Last edited by Sidorian; 9th October 2013 at 23:45. Reason: Picutre

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Well I guess then I will have to see if somehow I can get help from one of my friends taking a picture of me wearing that mask, and posting it up on here. I actually wonder though if my Dragon Mask more closely resemble's Tainted Erebus's head because if what I perceived seeing is correct in regards to the Tainted Erebus mask looking like a white, and silver dragon's head then maybe we should count my dragon mask as the head of a Tainted Erebus, and me dressing up as Tainted Erebus, but only if it is closer to Tainted Erebus than it is to Phaedra.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleomedes View Post
    Sorry, you'd have to recreate that effect physically via some kind of prop or special effect.

hmm guess its time to become proficient in magic lol

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I've been lurking for a while and guessed it was time to register when I saw this contest, heheh! Planning on cosplaying Matricide, even though a month is a lot shorter time than I usually have to put together a cosplay, and none of mine so far are that detailed... Anyway I'll do my best!

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by nightwingdragon View Post
    I've been lurking for a while and guessed it was time to register when I saw this contest, heheh! Planning on cosplaying Matricide, even though a month is a lot shorter time than I usually have to put together a cosplay, and none of mine so far are that detailed... Anyway I'll do my best!
    I think everyone's looking forward to it [along with all the other submissions; the ones so far are so insanely beyond anything I expected.... it's breathtaking!] =D

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Would it have to explicitly be a character? A lot of the armor sets are really, really cool, and making one of those irl would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Frakking View Post
    Would it have to explicitly be a character? A lot of the armor sets are really, really cool, and making one of those irl would be fun.
    I'll allow an armour set.

Yeah, I would appreciate more competition Still can't believe why there are no other entries so far...

Oh, and Cleomedes, as long as you allow more pictures to be posted after the contest is closed, I gladly add some after Halloween. With full makeup and costume Just give me some days perhaps, I don't know if I could upload them asap after my wedding party

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    If they would change the Due date to November 1st or November 2nd there would be alot more submissions.

Don't ask about the image^.... I Felt a little obligated to put it on.
    My name can stand for error 404 (but don't call me that because I hate it), 401k, and if it was completely binary (101011) it would mean +.
    Don't be afraid to give me positive or negative rep.

Think I've found a General I can try and work with what I've got... I'll go for it.

Doing some random lesser General, I assume that'll count enough?
    Last edited by Sidorian; 20th October 2013 at 21:00. Reason: addition.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    IIRC any ingame character/monster will work.

My name can stand for error 404 (but don't call me that because I hate it), 401k, and if it was completely binary (101011) it would mean +.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Do we have to be alone on the picture ? ^^

--> Nvm, misread the 7th rule ^^
    [ 7) You can have other people in the photos with you to help set the scene, as long as they consent to this and you're the focal point. ]

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Hello Dragon Masters!

I don't see very many costumes yet! I figured I would break the ice a little with my own pic.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Ah, that's the spirit! Taking some random photo as a game developer, adding some equally random lore and artwork matching the picture.... and there you got the perfect entry for this contest! I see what you did there!

But although your floor looks very much like a cave (same with my t-shirt resembling a gargoyles torso), I welcome any competition. And tbh ... that dragon would be an awesome decoration for a fireplace...

And of course, even with this contest being finished in 3 days, I will also add some better pictures after Halloween. Just leave the thread open to new posts, please.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    If logaan wins the contest does he win PC? lol couldn't resist. Maybe they'll give him out as a general as a reward.

I am making the final touches on the breastplate tomorrow, and hopefully I can then finish the rest of the stuff either same-day or Saturday, and enter a picture before this closes : /

If I've not given anything by tomorrow night, then it probably won't happen... I could still show my actual costume I suppose, but I don't believe it matches any characters anywhere. To post an entry is just upload to this thread, yes? And would there be any issues just showing people the non-cosplay costume in general?
    Last edited by Sidorian; 27th October 2013 at 07:19.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast