Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summer Stories Contest

Summer Stories Contest

The summer has departed, whisking away glorious sunshine and relaxing holidays like gossamer dreams soon to be forgotten. Dying leaves and autumnal rain beckon. But it could be worse. Remember when the changing of the seasons heralded the return to school, that bastion of cold sarcasm, grazed knees, and corporal punishment? If so, you may recall your primary school teacher asking you to write an essay about what you did over the summer.

This brings us to the present contest.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to write a piece about what one of the in-game characters did over the summer. This can be any kind of writing -- humorous or serious, prose or verse, first person or third etc. But it should feature at least one of the existing story / lore characters. Note that whilst the player character can make an appearance or be mentioned, the focal character whose summer is being recounted should be someone else (e.g. a general / officer / NPC, a boss, or just a random character named in a lore blurb).

This is a cross-game contest. So if the character you'd most want to write about appears in a different game, feel free to jump over to its forum, find the corresponding thread, and post your entry there instead.

All entries have to be posted on one of the contest threads to count as valid submissions. No cross-posting or multiple entries please. Just write one piece, and put it on the appropriate thread based on the character you've chosen to write about (e.g. if you're writing about Marcus, use either the Dawn or Dawn Mobile thread -- whereas if you're writing about #Z03MG, use the Heroes thread). If a character is equally tied to more than one game, let the period in which your story takes place guide you. For example, Elyssa appears frequently in both Dawn and Clash. But if the piece you're writing about her is set during the Dawn period, it should be posted on a Dawn forum's contest thread.

If you change your mind about your entry after posting it, and want to write a different piece instead, please make sure you delete the original one. If you have multiple pieces posted at the time the contest threads are locked, you'll be disqualified. Any test pieces, drafts, or other such things should be removed before the deadline.

There's no word count limit. But it's your responsibility to hold the judges' interest throughout. If your work loses them after the first few paragraphs, it's unlikely they'll read to the end.

Entries should only consist of text. This is a writing contest, so illustrations and other accompaniments aren't permissible.

If your submission contains story spoilers, please put spoiler tags around it. These work as follows:

[spoiler="text that appears on the button"]Your story text.[/ spoiler]

I've added an extra space after the slash, which you'll have to remove. Note that these tags won't work unless you include some kind of text on the button.

As always, please take the time to familiarise yourself with the above rules -- since you wouldn't want to work hard on an entry only to have it thrown out for violating them.

Judging and Prizes

The contest threads will be locked at 10pm GMT on September 24. So your entries have to be posted before then. At that point the judges will read through the material and we'll pick out the ones we like best. Quality of prose / verse, creativity, and faithfulness to the characters will all be considered.

The top five entries from each game will earn their creators some premium currency: 375 Planet Coins or 600 Golden Suns or 600 Dragon Coins or 600 Legacy Coins. The location of your entry will determine which of those you receive. For example, if you post it on the Suns forum you'll receive 600 Golden Suns upon winning. Whereas if you post a winning entry on one of the Dawn forums, you'll receive 375 Planet Coins. So please bear this in mind when deciding where to take part in the contest.

After those initial winners have been selected, we'll pick the single entry we like best overall and create an item which will be awarded to every player of the game that entry comes from. So you aren't just competing for personal gain, but for the glory of your game.

"...the game in general seems to have a wanton disregard for human life."
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    This is my story about Zarda the Runemistress (my favorite character):

It was at the high-point of summer when Zarda was reviewing her notes on her latest work regarding time travel. She had always been a bit reckless with her experiments, preferring to rely on her innate talents than exercising her gifts in a deliberate manner. That is why what came next would not have been much of a surprise to anyone if they heard the tale.

Zarda couldn't take the heat anymore. It seemed as if it got hotter and hotter every year since the dragons arose. Her theorized rune-grids were meant to take one into the past a few days at the most. She was in such a hurry to test her first semi-finalized theory and in the process escape the heat that she didn't pay attention to the amount of power she imbued her runes with. Zarda had always had a great deal of magical ability and had trained all her life to temper it, but today, the heat overrode her better judgement. After she finished writing the last rune in the air, the rune-grid surrounded her body and shined so brightly that she would be blinded for the next few minutes. It was at this point that she simply wished for the searing heat on her skin again instead of her eyes...'The heat is gone,' she realized. After she fell to the ground shocked by the brightness of the light surrounding her Zarda reached around for her chair or anything else to sit on. She found a large rock. Confused, but tired, she sat upon the rock with her hands on her face covering her eyes, willing them to readjust to the world in which she hoped the brightness had left with the searing weather. After a few minutes, she blinked her eyes a few times while they refocused.

When Zarda could see again, she thought she must still be blind and only imagining what is before her. Her time travel attempt had apparently failed and instead she had been teleported to a beach. This was not an unexpected result as she had based her time travel runes on an extrapolation of those used in short-distance teleportation. Always the pragmatist, she decided to take advantage of the cool breeze and not-overbearing sun and take a nap to rest from her efforts.

When she next woke up, it was night. There was not a man-made light in sight, so Zarda had a clear view of the celestial bodies in the sky. Part of her runemistress training had been to learn the stars and planets and chart them in order to determine various things including which runes were most potent during the current time. She used this training to find where she was on the planet so she could find the direction of her home. After a few minutes of staring at the sky and spinning around in ever direction to get different perspectives, she was very confused. The planets and constellations were not aligned in any overall pattern she recognized. It was as if they...had...shifted. 'Oh no!' Zarda thought after the details started to click in her head and lead her to the hard truth. It seemed that the time travel spell had worked, but it may have worked too well.

Zarda decided to start tracking the movements of the celestial bodies to determine what year it was so she could better understand the situation she was in. Over the next couple months, surviving on the fruits growing on the trees near the beach and a freshwater stream she found not too far into the neighboring jungle, Zarda was able to determine that she was about a thousand years in the past. She was frustrated enough that she had to use the tree leaves and nearby fruit as paper and ink in order to record all of her work. She had first tried to write it in the sand, but high tide had quickly erased that notion from her mind just as it had from the sand.

After this realization, she was in a panic and had trouble remembering all the runes she had used to get to the beach in the first place. She hastily tried countering them by reversing some of the runes or changing the order of certain ones, but all she ended up doing was teleporting around the beach a few times. After a particularly lengthy teleportation spell that brought Zarda so far down the beach that she could no longer see her original campsite, she broke down in exhaustion and despair, wanting to weep for the life she could not seem to return to, but too tired to do so and soon fell asleep.

Zarda tried for the rest of her life in solitude on this beach to create the spell that would take her forwards back to her home. She became more wary about experimenting with her newly devised rune-grids after one of them landed her right on the rim at the top of the volcano not far from the place that was slowly becoming her new home. She never tried the original spell again afraid it would send her to some time even worse than the beach that seemed like paradise compared to some times or places she could imagine. In the end, she passed away in her sleep after almost four decades on the beach after a long day of failed experiments.

Panoptica saw all of Zarda's life during this time, thinking the Runemistress foolish for not simply writing the runes reversed but in the same order in order to return home. However, she decided it would be safer if Zarda was to remain and never return to try any other experiments that might destroy the world. Panoptica wrote a morbid but factual haiku in runes on Zarda's gravestone that Panoptica also made as a eulogy:

Zarda time traveled
    She knew not how to return
    She grew old and died.

[THE END]

(I hope I didn't mess with the lore much. I've only read through the first 4 zones so far.)

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Few questions, already thought about my idea but it may need to be altered after these
    1) Does it have to recollect their whole summer or can it be mainly about a certain event that occurred?
    2) You say - different characters can make an appearance but it has to focus solely on one character, since my idea focuses mainly on a certain event and includes another character will it be against the rules?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by xQs__ View Post
    1) Does it have to recollect their whole summer or can it be mainly about a certain event that occurred?
    That would be fine.

2) You say - different characters can make an appearance but it has to focus solely on one character, since my idea focuses mainly on a certain event and includes another character will it be against the rules?
    What you're describing seems to be within the rules.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I hope it's OK to submit like this (not to mention in this style of writing) but I wanted to give a certain feel to the story with the way the narrative is written and formatted. Here's a google docs link to my story about Bethany the Sorceress:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

If there's anything wrong with this entry let me know.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Bernard Bronzefist:

AH! Summer, no better time to drink, this summer i took the job to travel around the continent and find the best potion for a dry throat!

My journey started on west Fallows, there i met a lousy dwarf, i think his name was Snuglar? Snulchar? kinda hard to remember, since he was always screaming like a madman, we had a great time drinking mug after mug of ale, too bad we were kicked after he got too happy and started "singing"

After that i headed to east fallows, where the legend said there was a drink it would make your beard fall off, i could not resist the challenge!

Well.. it was intresting waking up 3 days later under the rubicar river bridge sorrounded by dead kobolds, needles to say, it would seem i had a good time.

After a few days, i was in Bludheim, "even during summer you can feel the cold in bludheim", or so people with weak beards say.
    They are known for crafting the most sweet ale you will ever taste & they did not lie about it, the bad thing is you have to drink it fast, or else it will froze & it would end up as ice.

during my travels in bludheim i overheard 2 angels speaking of an ancient bottle in the crypt of caracalla it was an old legendary bottle, apparently, after drinking this beverage, you could ask for 1 wish..

The summer was ending when i reached the crypt, and i already had my wish prepared, yes..

It was hard.. not killing all the skeletons and monsters, but finding the bloody bottle, i'm not good with directions (maybe because i'm always drunk). I was about to give up, when suddenly, i stumbled upon it, YES!, the bottle, it was there, on a pedestal, glowing with thousands of colors, waiting to be mine..

It was the best drink i've had in my life, so rewarding.

Wanna know what was my wish?:

-Give me a mug that never runs out of ale!

Summer has come to an end but my journey is not over, not untill i can finish this Ale!
    Last edited by NdDM; 12th September 2013 at 03:25.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I am slightly confuzed. I am hoping to write an interesting story for DotD to judge but from what you said above it makes it sound like there are more than one thread area to post in... Could you please provide links or something for these threads? Or am I simply supposed to post it in this thread.

Don't ask about the image^.... I Felt a little obligated to put it on.
    My name can stand for error 404 (but don't call me that because I hate it), 401k, and if it was completely binary (101011) it would mean +.
    Don't be afraid to give me positive or negative rep.

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by 404011 View Post
    I am slightly confuzed. I am hoping to write an interesting story for DotD to judge but from what you said above it makes it sound like there are more than one thread area to post in... Could you please provide links or something for these threads? Or am I simply supposed to post it in this thread.
    This is the thread for your DOTD story.
    If you want to write a story for one of their other games, go to those specific forums to find their contest thread.

The Sad and unfortunate summer Tussao

Tussao the Beast -King was behind the bar , sad and devastated when the bully gets his cousin Kew the Wyrm Slayer , it starts the cup hand Tussao, drink half and still plays the rest of the floor :

Kew :
    - Say something now cousin ! Spit it out before I Smash!
    Tussao sad then responds:
    - These summer holidays are the worst , I'm full of bad luck , really.

On my first vacation I forgot to close the doors of stables and horses all fled . I took two days to find and all but two days collecting and cleaning the coconut that they did and I ended up being fired on holiday.

On the home that my wife was very Kowra Snowfur mad at me, and made me pay dearly for watching the magic show in the Masterer Mathias. And when we went to watch the show the wheel of our carriage was broken, it took me half an hour to change, and so I ended up going too fast and ended up hitting the house Ludo the Philosopher, and we all know that when Ludo gets mad he sends everybody dance, and I had to dance for half an hour but to satisfy Ludo . The Kowra was with the hair bristling with rage. When we finally got to watch the show and realize that I lost the tickets.
    My kitten Kowra was so mad that I had to sleep outside the house, and said it was all over . I was very sad and devastated and I ask for help for her sister Orssa Softpaw .

Orssa Softpaw told me to buy rings for Kowra , she loves expensive rings , so I spent all my money buying several expensive rings for her .
    Then one morning and prepared myself for it all , was already present in all hands , and when I got home I end up taking my Kowra cheating on me with Kylew Dreadglare .

So I 've lost patience soon , I hit the Kylew and just picking ugly , I was covered in blood. I went to the hospital and the doctor rather than heal my wounds he ends up castrating me and because of that, and never have the chance to have my precious Simba.
    And today on my last day of vacation I'm here getting ready to kill myself , and I get an idiot like you Kew and still takes all my glass with poison !
    That will not do! This really is the worst of all the summer holidays.

End.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Ohhh. Ok thx Miz. From what cleo was saying above it sounded like there were multiple threads were you would post your stories.

Don't ask about the image^.... I Felt a little obligated to put it on.
    My name can stand for error 404 (but don't call me that because I hate it), 401k, and if it was completely binary (101011) it would mean +.
    Don't be afraid to give me positive or negative rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleomedes View Post
    After those initial winners have been selected, we'll pick the single entry we like best overall and create an item which will be awarded to every player of the game that entry comes from. So you aren't just competing for personal gain, but for the glory of your game.
    Does the winner have a say in what the item is?

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    This plays off of my favorite set of lore blurbs, the Pit-Fighter's set.

A Night with Molly
    Targan smiled as he lay in his small bed, Molly nuzzled under his arm with her head on his chest. The night breeze coming in through the open window, cooling Targan's hut after such a warm day. Neither Targan nor Molly were especially fond of hot days anymore. As Targan lay, he took great care in gently stroking Molly's hair, after her... incident in the Arena, it tends to come out quite easily.

"Oh Molly..." Targan blurted out wistfully, "You need to come home and visit like this more often, you're always running around with that bloody <player>. I know you helped save that village, and I heard about the castle nonsense you people were involved in. But damn it Woman, I miss you!"

Molly was playfully running her fingers over Targan's small belly until that point. Once Targan finished speaking, Molly sat upright and glared at him. "We're going to do this again?" Molly asked in an annoyed tone.

"No, I don't want to fight right before you have to leave again" Targan said as he sat up to meet Molly's gaze. "I just... I do miss you, but..."

"I know" Molly interrupted. She reflexively brought her hand to the fatal wound she received that day in the Arena. It had since been sewn shut, but it will never heal again.

"I told you about Bertram, right?" Molly said in a suddenly upbeat voice "He's a bit creepy, but he keeps me patched up better than ever." Molly smiled and leaned in toward Targan slowly until their foreheads were touching. Then she said in an almost whisper "I'm fine, and the gold I've been sending back is too good to pass up."

"Aye, the gold is nice." Targan replied "But..." At this, Molly leaned in and kissed Targan rather forcefully. Targan was fully aware that Molly almost always interrupted his worries with physical affection, in fact, he counted on it and tonight was no exception!

A few hours and one broken headboard later, Targan and Molly again lay in the slightly slanted bed. Targan is on his back, red faced and quickly losing his struggle to stay awake. Molly is cocked up on one elbow, absent mindedly playing with Targan's sparse chest hair.

"You know, this next adventure is planned to take us out on the ocean" Molly said.

"Uh huh" Targan replied.

"Well, none of the cooks know how to prepare Sheep brains, or any brains, the way you do." said Molly.

"Uh huh" Targan replied.

"In fact, most of us just eat our brains fresh and raw, right from the skulls of our enemies." Molly said sweetly.

"That's lovely" Targan slurred out as he rolled over, pressing his back to Molly.

"So, maybe you could come with me this time?" Molly inquired.

By now, Targan was fast asleep. Molly wrapped her arms around the sleeping man. Being quite a bit larger than Targan, Molly was easily able to envelop him in her embrace. "Sleep well my love" she whispered in his ear and watched him sleep. Molly had never told Targan she loved him while he was awake, but she made a habit of telling him every night after he falls asleep.
    Last edited by SomeDude; 13th September 2013 at 22:04. Reason: Spelling and Puncuation

The last tankard of Bernard Bronzefist

Drinking, punching, swinging weapons as big as you are. This is how a dwarf spends summer. And winter, for that matter. So Bernard was

rather perplexed that he wasn't doing any of those things.

Bernard had been on his way to a summer ale festival in Dracoshire when he stopped by a side-road fair to engage in some pre-drinking

drinking. Circus freaks had set up a giant tent along with all sorts of booths where one could test his speed or accuracy or strength and

win various handmade toys. But Bernard wasn't interested in any of those things. He made a beeline for the Bittermeadow Ale Brewery's tent.

Five tankards into his pre-pre drinking drinking and Bernard was already swinging his axe and singing, with scared peasants and assorted

poultry diving out of his way. An old one-eyed mercenary had taken offense at Bernard's behavior, but a swift kick from Bernard's boot

(Bernard was no longer attached to the boot when it landed) put his complaints to rest.

Bernard was on his fourteenth tankard when he realized something was wrong. His otherwise superhuman drunken reflexes had slowed to a

crawl. He thought he had caught the slightest hint of smug arrogance in the barkeeper (Bernard was actually staring at the clock but that

didn't make much of a difference). By the seventeenth tankard Bernard realized he had been drugged and after wildly swinging his axe he

collapsed in his own vomit.

Having recalled his last afternoon, Bernard finally realized why he wasn't drinking or killing: he was wrapped up in chains, at the bottom

of a dank dungeon, with nothing but his beard mice to keep him company.

"You're awake." said a grim voice from the darkness.

"So are ye. I'll hafta fix that" retorted Bernard.

"Do you know why you're here?" asked the voice. The man stepped forward and Bernard caught a glimpse of a dirty inkeeper apron. The stains smelled of blood, he could swear it.

"If I kept track of every lowlife I've punched I'd never have time for drinking."

The man stepped fully into the faint beam of light coming from the cell door. The inkeeper attire covered up a muscular man, no more than forty years old. Scars decorated his face and hatred burned in his eyes.

"You ruined me!"

"I already said I was sorry for drinking half your ale and paid you every coin it was worth and then some!" protested Bernard.

"You drank my mother's ashes! You carved my inn's roof into the shape of a naked dwarven wench! Do you have any idea how hard it is to retain customers when it rains on them while they sleep? Do you have any idea how impossible it is to remove the stench of vomit and bile from the floor? Don't even get me started on all the guts and blood that follow you wherever you go. Matilda, my last tavern wench, has more wrinkles on her face than hair on her head!"

"Matilda doesn't look a day over fifty!" protested Bernard again.

"She's fifteen!"

The angry inkeeper kicked Bernard. The kick bothered Bernard less than the realization that he was completely naked.

"Bring him outside!" shouted the inkeeper.

Two massive thugs that looked like shaved bears on mushrooms kicked the door open. They grabbed Bernard and threw him over their shoulder to the sound of the dwarf's cursing and protestations.

Bernard was in a bad situation. Once up the stairs Bernard found himself hoisted into a sack and hung from the ceiling while children threw rocks at him and beat him with sticks. Once the kids had their fun his captors dropped the sack to the floor, removed him from it then began pouring tar on the dazed dwarf. The crowed jeered and laughed as the chicken feathers came out next. The dwarf's cursing and threats accelerated in pitch and frequency, but his drunken harmonics fell on deaf ears as the thugs loaded him into a catapult.

"Duhhh, who wants to see a flying chicken" asked one of them as the crowd started cheering and whistling.

The last thing Bernard saw before he took flight was the tears of joy in the inkeeper's eyes.

Bernard had finally woken up and managed to chew through the chains. He was sure he'd get his revenge, as soon as he remembered the name of the inkeeper responsible. But for now, Bernard needed a drink. Maybe he could do both...

"Hel..." it took less than a split second for the horror to set in on the inkeeper, which is about as long as it took for Bernard's Bronze Fist to lodge itself deeply into his face. The two thugs lunged at the assailant, but it was no use.

"I'll make dwarves out of you yet!" shouted Bernard as he cut their legs off at their knees with his axe. The thugs fell face first on the floor as the dwarf stumbled past them.

"Drink, sir?" asked a visibly shaken bartender who extended a tankard of ale to the dwarf. Bernard slapped the tankard aside and punched the bartender through the wine rack behind him.

"And get another clock!" exclaimed the dwarf as he kicked his way through the cellar door and rolled down the stairs.

"Drinking from a tankard proved hazardous last time" reasoned the dwarf. "Vile men could drug you and make a mockery of you in your stupor."

Bernard was now on his back, spigot in hand, ale pouring down his throat.

"From now on, I drink straight from the barrel!"
    Last edited by Darth Executor; 24th September 2013 at 22:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Does the winner have a say in what the item is?
    I'll liaise between them and the design team, and see what I can do.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    So, where exactly should i upload the Story? In a specific Thread that will be created just for the Contest, here, or somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMatters View Post
    So, where exactly should i upload the Story? In a specific Thread that will be created just for the Contest, here, or somewhere else?
    If it's about Dawn characters, you can post it on this thread.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Strange Summer Tale for Gaius.
    Just read until the End, please. Good Reading.

Gaius. He, who battled Caracalla over the Centuries, This should be the end of it. After Arkhos Battled Caracalla, and brought Him, Gaius, as General of his Legion. But it is not.

Arkhos, Ari, Silmari along with Arkhos’ Wyrmskinners Legion, walk towards a Ritual Place, used by Faustus, the Wizard, to summon Raids. They Wanted to train for some time.

On the Way, Gaius walked along Kowra Snowfur, another General of Arkhos’ Legion.

--So, Gaius. How are you doing, Skeletal Friend? You spent too much time inside those Crypts.
    --I am fine, Felpuur. –Answered Gaius
    --Are you sure? You don’t seem so fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In fact, he wasn’t. Last night, he had a vision. Caracalla had appeared before him. He thought at first, to be hallucinating. But what kind of insanity is this? He’s a Skeleton. He doesn’t even have a brain anymore. But what he knew what he was seeing. It was indeed Caracalla. A little different, though.

--No compliments for old friends, Gaius?
    --Not that we ever were friends, Caracalla. – Says Gaius, Sword at hand.

Caracalla smiled.

--Oh, we were. When you killed me, when I killed you. Doesn’t matter. We were friends. But then, a Human appeared at my Crypt, and you forgot about us. You left me there. You knew that I would return.
    --Unfortunately, I knew. I should have warned everyone.
    --And for not doing that, you allowed me to come here. Today.
    --And for what? For a battle? I am always ready for that.

Caracalla laughed insanely, and then, vanished. His voice, though, was heard by Gaius, saying:

--Not now, Skeletal Commander. Tomorrow, when you lose everything you have here, out of the Crypt.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--You okay, Gaius? – Said Kowra.
    --I Am. – Replied Gaius, walking away.

Kowra knew that something was wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--I don’t know why you just can’t enjoy the Beach, Ark. – Says Ari with a little tone of disappointment.
    --I can. But I just don’t want to stay in a place full of sand, which comes from nowhere and gets in everything. – Says Arkhos, Smiling.

Ari sighs. Good thing he has Silmari to back him Up.

-- I’m up for Training. Like I have a choice. – Silmari gets his axe ready.
    --You’ve got a Great Magic and you’re the Only Immortal who agreed to do some training. – Says Arkhos.
    --Yeah. Just because Mamp don’t care, Rhythm is sleeping and God Knows where’s Ice , aka, Subzero.
    --Maybe he’s in a MK Session.
    --Whatever. Let’s get this ready with.

Faustus the Wizard gets the Summoning ready. Ari is wearing his Ninja Set. Silmari has the Siege Master Stuff. Arkhos has the Mix. Apprentice Librarian Gauntlet and Hood, Blade of Glorious Dawn, Siege Master’s Shield, Bernard Bronzefist’s Armor, Sabattons of Glorious Dawn and Bracae Carae. Arkhos’ Wyrmskinners Legion is ready for the Combat.

Faustus Starts the Summoning of the Normal Caracalla, for them to battle. At the Side of a Beach, they all get ready.

But something goes wrong. The Summoning should be an Normal One, but something happens. And Caracalla goes nuts. Laughing insanely, with his ghosts around him. He got Mad.

At this Time, WSK General Kowra Snowfur and the Centurion Gaius come closer, to see what is happening. Gaius seems Shocked. Silmari seems Worried. Ari and Arkhos seem excited.

--Hurry! Cast your Magic, before anything goes out of control! – Faustus the Wizard screams, before Caracalla sends him Flying.
    -- He’s Right! Cast your Magic! – Yells Silmari.

Ari casts Insanity Laughs, Silmari Casts Rhythm and Melody and Arkhos Casts Greater Impending Doom.

Caracalla laughs louder, and turns his attention to Arkhos.

--So, we meet again, Puny Human.
    --Yeah. Since what happened at the Crypt, I couldn’t stop thinking about killing you.
    --That’s Nice, indeed. But… Why are you so hostile, dear Ark-Meister?

Ari almost laughs.

--Because you just sent the Summoner Flying. I shall kill you.
    --But THIS IS OF NO USE TODAY! – Caracalla Yells – Not if you want that dear special Prize.
    --Which special Prize?
    -- The one, that I’m willing to give you. Not if you kill me, but if discovers WHY are you here. In this Raid, attack, Training, whatever you call it.
    -- And that would be…
    -- Don’t get ahead of yourself. Let me just check with Ari-Mon, here.

Caracalla looks at Ari.

--So, you are seeking the Powerful Gauntlets of Realm Walker…
    --Yes. I am. – Ari gets his weapons ready.
    --What if I give them to you?

Ari seems surprised.

--That would be great. – Answers Ari.
    --BUT, under certain circumstances. You MUST NOT DIE, before me.

Gaius then understands what happened the Night Before. Caracalla came to play, to toy with the Adventurers mind. But why appear only to him? Maybe because of the bond they shared in the past? It could be, but Gaius’ not certain. Unfortunately, there is no time for that. He has to battle, and, and… He has to…

--I have to attack him! Caraca… lla… Or maybe… Not. I need to… No I don’t… No. I need to stop then. I need to… I need to unveil Caracalla’s Wrath Upon these silly Adventurers!

Silmari looks to Arkhos. Arkhos gets his Blade Ready and Yells:

--Don’t worry Ari, You WILL Get those Gauntle-

Arkhos is interrupted by Gaius. Who is attacking Him. Kowra warns Silmari.

--Something is wrong. This is NOT, Gaius.

Silmari Understands. Gaius is under Caracalla’s Control .

But is no time for thinking. Caracalla Rushes towards Ari, Silmari tackles Gaius, Kowra and Arkhos runs towards Ari to Protect him, and The Battle Begins.

Silmari attacks with his axe, hitting Gaius on the Chest. Gaius attacks backs with his swords, and breaks Sill’s defense. Silmari feels the attack and retreat, defending with the Shield. Gaius doesn’t give up. And start attacking Silmari, Both on the Head and the Shield. Silmari Dodges by jumping on the Sand. Gaius goes after him, but Sill kicks Gaius away. Gaius falls, letting go of his sword. Silmari gets on his feet and attacks with his Axe. But Gaius throws Sand on Silmari’s face. Silmari lets go of his weapons and take his hands to his Eyes. Gaius kicks Silmari, who falls and start screaming in Pain. Gaius then, puts his sword through Sill chest. Silmari looks at him and says:

--You forgot? I AM IMMORTAL!

And takes Gaius by his arms, and Punches Him repeatedly on the Skull.

Silmari’s Part of the Battle is done. He’s tired and excited. With the sun on his face and a little blood on his arm, he retrieves his Axe and his Shield.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arkhos Tackles Ari out of the Way, and Kowra starts battling with The Ethereal Army of Caracalla. Ari and Ark get up and get ready for combat. But Kowra says:

-- We can hold them off. Get Ari out of here!

Arkhos looks to Ari, and pick his own sword. He Yells to his Legion:

-- Ari Must NOT Fall. I will take him to Safety, so HOLD THEM OFF, and My Fellow Friends. Hold Them Off, and Kill Them, WYRMSKINNERS!

With the Boosted Morale, Silmari continues to Battle Gaius, Kowra and the Wyrmskinners battle Caracalla’s Troops and Arkhos join Ari on the Run towards the Plains.

Once they get away from the Beach, they have a Surprise. Caracalla followed them. Ari looks to Arkhos.

--We will not make it. Even if he’s a Normal Caracalla, Summoned by us, he IS too strong.
    --No, Ari. You will get those Gauntlets. He spoke about you cannot die, But he did not said a thing about me. I will defeat him.
    --You cannot Solo a Cara. Not even a Less-Than-Normal One.
    --What about a Quest One? – A voice says.

Ari and Arkhos Turn around, to see a Leg Broken Faustus. They go for him.

--He’s not exactly a Quest Caracalla. He’s not THE Caracalla. – Says Faustus. – But he’s close to that.
    --What do you Mean?! – Asks Ari.
    --He’s not As powerful as you both think. Something happened. Maybe is all of this Heat. Summertime is Strange.
    --So we can kill him, like we did with the Original Caracalla?
    --Yeah. And I suggest you do that. He’s getting closer.

Arkhos and Ari leave Faustus and Rush towards Caracalla. They don’t need to say a word, to know that They will Prevail. Arkhos being such a Good Student, will not Disappoint Ari.

They are getting closer to Caracalla. Rushing toward him. With weapons in hand…
    When Arkhos punches Ari.

--I cannot withstand the chances of you getting killed, Friend. I will do this Myself.

Ari gets Angry at his Friend.

But Arkhos and Caracalla Meet. And Arkhos Jumps, attacking Caracalla. Cara punches him, and Ark falls a little away. Then, Cara rushes towards him. Arkhos gets on his feet and defends himself with his shield. Then he starts attacking Cara, who feels no attacks, and punches Arkhos. Arkhos Feels the attack, but when Caracalla attacks him again, he defends using his feet. He kicks Caracalla when he gets too close, and gets up. He then Jumps and hits Caracalla on the Chest. But Caracalla laughs at his face.

--You think that this is enough?

He gets Arkhos up by his neck and says:

--I will show you what is enough Pain and Suffering. I WILL Kill You!

But he don’t do It. Because Ari shows up and kicks Caracalla who falls on the Ground. Arkhos Gets his Sword, turn around and Puts his Blade though Caracalla’s Chest. Killing Him slowly, after all.

--You are no Normal Caracalla. Not even a Raid One. – Says Arkhos.

Kowra, Silmari and Gaius, Now without Caracalla’s Influence, appears.

Caracalla then starts:

--You really did, Arkhos. You did not allow Ari to Die. Thus I need to give him, his Reward.

Then, an Ethereal Spirit, gives Ari, his Gauntlets. Ari Smiles. Finally he has a Chance to get Dahrizon.

--And You, Arkharian Adventurer. Arkhos Black. The Brazilian Friend. Understood what this is all about. It’s not about who you kill. Which Raids you finish. Which equipment you have, or which Magic you possess. Is all about how much you help everybody. As you did on the Brazilian land, giving your friends water, when it was too hot to withstand the Heat, or when they had need of food, when they Starved. You, are a True Supporter. A True Friend, who gives your best to help. Therefore, I grant you a new Magic. Name it as you want.

An Ethereal Spirit gives Arkhos a Scroll.

--It gives enough help, to everyone. It boosts the Chances of other Magic to Work. Like Silmari’s Rhythm and Melody Magic.
    -- It makes it more Powerful? – Asks Ari.
    --No. It increases the chances of the Magic working upon you.
    --If the magic has a 10% Chance of working, then this Percentage is increased. – Says Arkhos.
    --No. It is doubled. – Says Caracalla, closing his eyes.

Arkhos smiles, upon his new magic. It’s too damn hot, though.

--I’m Thirsty. – Says Arkhos.
    --Here – Ari gives Arkhos a ”Bottle” of Water.
    --Thanks.

Arkhos Drinks, when Silmari says:

--So, it’s all over. What will be the name?
    --Should be Rabbit Arkhos. Since his name has the Portuguese for Rabbit. – Jokes Ari.
    --Or maybe, Arkhos Supportive Aura? Arkhos Supportive Scroll ?

They look between each other. Until Silmari Says:

--Nah. Rabbit Arkhos is way better.

Everyone laughs. And then, they all head towards the Beach, to Finally, have some fun…

Except for Gaius. Gaius looks stands next to Caracalla, and starts saying:

--So, this was all about? Something drove you insane and you wanted revenge? Why? Who made you like that, Caracalla?
    --Maybe, it was himself the one who did it. –Kowra approached.
    --It makes no sense. Why play this little Game with Arkhos? Arkhos is NOTHING is this world of ours.
    --Maybe he is not. But You are not a part of this either.
    --I am… I am a part of History Itself.
    --Then Maybe, Arkhos shall join you. History, is made every day. Like Rhythm when he became Immortal, Like you when you battled Caracalla, Like me when I Joined these adventurers. Maybe Everyone should have its spot at history. Arkhos must have his, as a Friend.
    --Why? No one cares about those who help. Everyone wants their spot as a Lonely Wolf, who does everything by himself. Arkhos is no different.
    --Or maybe he is. Maybe he is a fool for being a Friend. But who are we to judge?

Gaius did not answer. He looked upon Caracalla, who died with a smile on his face, and knew that what happened there, was just the beginning. Not for Arkhos. Hell, Arkhos is nothing but a player on this Chess Game that is West Kruna. But Caracalla’s Smile… THAT, was wrong. Whatever happened with the Ancient that drove him mad, could be just the beginning of something worse.

Maybe what He’s going to do this Summer, is search for what happened. Maybe Kowra will join him, Gaius, in this immortal quest of Knowledge. But he’s not sure. He’s only sure, that he’s got all time in the World. Since he’s a skeleton already, and cannot die again.

The End.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Sayings : So... This Little Story is based upon a personal idea about a storyline where Caracalla Has Gone Mad. But i don't have any ideas for "Why he has gone mad." So i Tried to do something. "Input" the Storyline of Insane Caracalla, by showing and giving some info through the Point of View of Gaius. That was my only Idea at the Time. And why i put so much of Me (Arkhos), Ari and Silmari ? Because i wanted to set clear something that i wished. And when i read that part of the guys on the creating an Item from One History, i thought of something i could want. Then i came up with that idea of the Magic. That's all i thought at the time. And just for the Record, Arkhos, Ari and Silmari are People from the Game, from the AG Platform, that allowed me to use their names on this story. And... That's it. I hope i win. (Can't tell that I Will,Tough.) And i wish the best for each and every other Participant on this contest.

That's All. Be safe, and Good Luck on reading everything.
    "BlackMatters" Arkhos Black.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Gibbo was confused and his gobbo’s were getting restless. All summer long he had been pursuing this band of Orocs. Following them through their illuminating crystal caverns, through mazes and twisting tunnels, even through the dark underground mushroom forests that his own people loved so much. Now, however, all traces of these lumbering Orocs were gone.

He looked at his own horde. Well, horde might be the wrong word, flock being more appropriate. For recently his goblins had started sprouting wings. Not the bat-like demon wings that were sometimes grafted onto his kind by malevolent devils, but angel wings, shining bright in the dark cave.

It would be possible, Gibbo pondered, for the Orocs to have taken flight. He called for his flock to fly upward towards the caves ceiling and check for signs of the Orocs. The goblins instantly obeyed and it was only because of a lack of coordination that just a third of the goblins got spiked on the crystals that were protruding from the ceiling. Goblins were definitely not meant to fly.

Luckily his merman-goblins had gills as well as lungs. Since there had not been any sign of the Orocs at the ceiling, Gibbo decided to order his goblins in the underground lake. Who knows, perhaps these Orocs could hold their breath for a very long time. Gibbo’s luck continued to hold, as again only a third of his school of goblins choked or suffocated in the dense sea-, or rather lake weed that covered the lake. Perhaps goblins weren’t meant to swim either.

There seemed to be only one logical hiding place remaining for the Oroc band. He ordered his remaining goblins to attack the crystals that were attached to the side of the cave. It would have been a good idea to start with this tactic, but by now the goblins were outnumbered and easily slaughtered by the crystals. Crystals that for some reason decided to strike back. That last part confused Gibbo. Again he pondered about this, while eating another mushroom. He was careful not to eat any of the moving mushrooms. The ones that had spiked crystals and sometimes even swords and axes sticking out of them, because they looked really scary. For some reason these mushrooms left him alone as well, which was fine.

Yes, it was a confusing summer, but Gibbo didn’t care anymore. He laid back to rest and reached out for more mushrooms. Life was good.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    My punctuation/spelling may be atrocious but eh, the character is obviously Bernard

This was the third summer in which Bernard had not spent a day sober. Day in, day out he would walk into Burden Rests tavern and order an ale, and another and another. When asked by the kinsfolk if he should be helping out with various wars or battles his usual responses were along the lines of “Aye but tis’ too hot to exert myself during the summer.”

And so this continued. Until one day a fellow female dwarf entered the tavern and approached the bar. Her face was soft but it also seemed like she had seen many men fall in battle, she wore a buff which covered some of her ornate brown hair whilst the rest of it dangled to her waist. She immediately caught Bernards eye, though not for her hair or soft face. Drunk and without hesitation, he stumbled his way over to her, “My my…” he slurred “Well if those aint the biggest…” Instantly, the women turns and slaps Bernard so hard he drops the ale he was grasping. He stood, dazed and confused by the power of which he was struck.Once he regains focus, he realizes just who he was facing, Brorath. A renowned female runeball thrower. “Ah you, quite an arm you have there for a female.” Still in his state of drunkenness, his manor of addressing her this way was rather obnoxious. She took offence, although her tough exterior made it hard to notice. “I don’t have time for drunkard scum of your sorts.” Irritated she makes toward the exit. “Wait!” Bernard bellows after her “Brorath aint it? I hear yer’ known all over Tor’gyyl for yer’ skills at runeball throwing.”

Stopping right before the exit of the tavern, she glances back but doesn't directly face Bernard. “I might be, what's your point?” Bernard pleased he managed to get her attention smiles and replies “Why don’t you prove yer’ the best? I challenge you to a runeball throw off, I reckon I can beat you!” Brorath amused by his drunken stupidity accepts. “I will accept your challenge, however, at stake, if I win you are to swear an oath to me that you will never talk to another female, for the rest of the summer, while you’re as drunk as you are currently, or I’ll take your beard and tongue.” Bernard shivers, anything that could result in him losing his precious facial hair is just unthinkable. On the other hand, he imagines what wonders this can do for him. He conjures up his own stakes that would make any man in Tor’gyyl a fool if they declined this opportunity. “Aye, but if I am victorious, yer’ to spread tales all over Tor’gyyl that I, Bernard Bronzefist, am a strong, godly man and a fierce lover in the bedroom!” Brorath just nods in response with a slight smirk from the edges of her mouth.

The competition doesn't take very long at all. Disappointment lingers among all the spectators that came to watch as Brorath beats Bernard by an easy 50 meters. Bernard stands in shock as Brorath approaches him, “My my..” She scorns, somewhat joyfully. “Whenever you’re out drinking again this summer, remember your oath.” She then walks away from Bernard who is still in shock. He begins to start chuckling like a maniac. “Oh Bernard, you old fool.” He says to himself.

Thus Bernard spends the rest of his summer, drinking in Burden Rests tavern alone, day in, day out. The threat of losing his beard was too great a loss, so he kept true to his oath and never once spoke to another female while drunk during that summer. It was a very long summer for Bernard.
    Last edited by xQs__; 14th September 2013 at 15:01. Reason: structure when copy/pasting failed + minor additions

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Grayme walked the line his legion was responsible for holding against blockade runners trying to aid those in Kessov's Castle. His troops stood proud as he passed them, speaking to each and complementing them on the condition of their armor and weapons as he moved amongst them. Motioning some of his troops to move into different locations so as to place those with the least training and experience amongst those who had survived enough battles to have gained better armor and weapons he hoped to give them a chance to survive this siege and be stronger for the fall campaigns and winter battles.

Nearing the second rank Grayme motioned Deleanis to join him, giving her a chance to update him on the condition of her troops. "How fare your troops my friend?" he asks as she approaches.

"They are in fine spirit and as ready as I can prepare them my captain. The brief action catching those imps trying to slip through with potions and all for the demon who took over the castle gave the newest a chance to blood their blades and bolster their confidence before they face what's coming."

"It was a good quick action and general Mathias sent his compliments on our spotting them slipping through the smokescreen and our fast response. I hope it will settle the nerves of even our battle hardened troops, they have sat too long in idle contemplation of the battles to come once the walls are down, which should be soon. Set your guards and have your troops get as much sleep as possible and have them ready at least two hours before dawn, that is when the demon will attack I think. They like the dark."

Returning to troops directly under him he set his guard and told the rest to get some sleep, they would all be up and ready two plus hours before dawn. Once the guard was set Grayme went to his tent and went inside, drawing his sword and polishing the blade before returning it to its scabbard. Unable to think of anything left to be done he said a silent prayer neither he nor his troops would fail in the coming fight.

Hearing footsteps Grayme was instantly awake with half drawn sword and sitting up before the captain of the guard opened the tent flap and spoke quietly from the opening, it was 2:45 am. "You said to waken you if any changes occurred in the night captain. The sky has begun an eerie glow."

"Wake the troops and get them dressed for battle, and send a runner to Deleanis and make sure she and her troops are ready. We won't have long to wait before the demon tries to break this siege now." With practiced ease Grayme donned battle gear and was standing outside his tent looking at the sky before the guard had wakened all the troops and sent the runner to Deleanis. The sky above the remnants of the castle was slowly pulsing with orange and red lights streaked with yellow. Calling to the runner always stationed near his tent he said " Tell all the troops to watch the pulsing sky above the castle, when it quickens to a fast heartbeat the demon will strike, and woe it will be to any who are not ready for battle."

The last of his legion had barely completed dressing in his armor and had yet to pick up his weapons when the pulsing rapidly gained speed and the demon rose out of the rubble of his stolen castle shrieking his battle cry. Many a heart quailed and knees buckled at the horrendous battle cry as the demon unleashed his hordes of imps at the besiegers.

Grayme had time to note that Deleanis' had most of her troops ready and that she headed them as they faced the onlsaught in the brightening red glow that now pulsed strobe like, illuminating and hiding the oncoming foe.

Mathias mighty voice boomed over the battle field breaking the thrall of the demons shrieking, "Stand fast legions, his forces have only your fear to use to defeat you by, for they are no match for you."

Grayme was astounded to see how rapidly those of his troops whose knees had buckled at the demons shriek found their feet and stood ready at arms to meet the charging imps. Suddnely the strobe effect stopped and the sky changed to a solid glow with blue-white light penetrating the red glow as the hordes of imps crashed into the lines of those besieging the castle. The same blue white light flashed from his armor and shield blinding the imps attacking as his sword flamed and became a blur as he met the charge felling imps like cord wood.
    His subconscious gave him the knowledge that his veterans held the line and that the newest stood fast and repelled those attacking his veterans blind side and so his legion was holding, though hard pressed to do so.

The first two waves had been decimated, the footing underneath treacherous from the gore of battle when the third wave struck. The blue-white light of the mages had not yet conquered the red/orange of the demon and his newest troops stamina was failing when the legion on Grayme's right started to fall to the third waves attack. "Deleanis!" he roared above the clamor of battle, "You must hold yours and a third of my line while I try to bolster our neighboring legion before they fail." Quickly grabbing the ten troops closest to him he led a counter attack to try and stop the bulge in the combined lines from breaking.

Slamming into the breach with his pitifully small force they hacked and hewed their way towards the legion's line that had bowed to the onslaught. A battle axe slammed into his back, swung by a dieing imp as he and his men plugged the breach, driving him forward into the spear being wielded by one of the Mazalu zombies. Purple lightning flashed before his eyes as the spear was cut in half before it could penetrate his armor, and then flashed again as the zombie's head vanished. The world around him became a glowing purple as the imps and zombie's fell to this phenomenal force swirling in their midst to fast to be seen as more than a blurred movement.

The battle ended as suddenly as the shriek that launched it, and the purple blur coalesced into Mathias Standing facing the castle ruins and the demon within. Mathias turned and met his gaze, Grayme sucked in a deep breath and winced at the pain it caused when those eyes met his. The eyes of Mathias were those of the eternal warrior, filled with honor, unbowed, unbroken and unconquerable.

Mathias glanced up and down the line before returning his gaze to Grayme, satisfied with with this mornings work. Grayme bowed to his general ready to pay homage to this warrior when Mathias held his hand up and stayed him from his course. "We pay homage only to our fallen brothers. Those who stood and held here may stand in honor later, but it is time now to take care of the wounded and prepare for the final battle."

I hope all who read this enjoy my tale.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast