Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: Free Player Gear - What should I Use?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Free Player Gear - What should I Use?

Hello.
    I'd like some help getting the best possible gear out there.
    I'd like to know what is the best gear and mount I can farm.
    I'm level 875 with 2000 Stam and 2000 Energy, I'm going for a stam build.
    The best gear I have is the Imperial General's set which I'm using currently.
    I got around 90 PC farmed, Indigo Charger (meura's way is sick!) and Makaon.

Thanks guys!

Silver Arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninknk View Post
    Hello.
    I'd like some help getting the best possible gear out there.
    I'd like to know what is the best gear and mount I can farm.
    I'm level 875 with 2000 Stam and 2000 Energy, I'm going for a stam build.
    The best gear I have is the Imperial General's set which I'm using currently.
    I got around 90 PC farmed, Indigo Charger (meura's way is sick!) and Makaon.

Thanks guys!
    dotd.wikia.com

Learn it, read it, love it. It will help answer all your questions.

Imperial general set is not bad, if you have the chest piece...

Other free stuff: any of the gear you upgrade with the powerstones, Drake Doom, GMaA...

Bounty Hunter stuff in Citadel is good stuff for free, might take a while tho

Silent Stallion is prolly the best free mount you can get if you have the scroll

Good Luck

Golden Garden Monk Michaelsoftman's Avatar
    SS isn't really free cause you have to buy the scroll anyway.

I'd say go after the Anonymous General's Tiger mount. It's comparable to GKBA and Yellow Qilin.

Imperial General and Senator aren't bad, they're what I use, enchanted with runes from a WR to give them all extra procs.
    Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    To be honest there's not really any free general-purpose gear that beats a full Imperial General set. At an effective 260/260 it's equal to Grandmaster-at-Arms and Drake Doom for base damage. If you have the boost from the Ultimate Loot Lair however, go for Drake Doom because the extra proc damage makes it significantly better. Obviously GMaA for PvP (Magnificent Dragonite is the easier-to-get second best here), and Derek's is still nice for Dragons.

Mount-wise, the Battle Drake from Salome beats the Indigo Charger by a fair way for everything except dragons. With enough Citadel effort/patience, the Anonymous General's tiger will be even better in this regard with the full set crafted.

Also, bear in mind that if you don't already have plenty of Z10 attack/excelsior runes/Qwil heads they'll ultimately make far more difference than incremental equipment upgrades.

Question: I keep hearin about the Drake doom set, but how do the Derek (all pieces and both rings) and Drake slayers sets compare? Also, which set is best where (assuming we have the UDL boost)?

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Derek's set is basically worse. It has half the proc rate, and deals... ah, let's just give you numbers.

Wearing a single piece of Derek's set, you'd do 900 proc damage on a 1 stamina hit roughly 5% of the time. For each extra piece, Penelope's Band counting as a set piece, you wear, you'd do 500 damage more. If you were hitting a dragon, it'd be 5000 damage extra. If you have the UDL boost, it'd be 10000 damage extra - on any raid, not just dragons.

Wearing a single piece of Drake-Doom set, you'd do 2500 proc damage on a 1 stamina hit roughly 10% of the time. If you were hitting a dragon, it'd be 2500 damage extra, and 5000 damage extra on all kinds of raids if you have the UDL boost.

Sadly, you can't equip more than five additional items from Derek's set, because only that many exist (helm chest boots pants gloves ring, and can't equip both rings), so the maximum bonus damage from extra set pieces on Derek's set is 2500. So that's 3400 damage (without UDL boost, not against a dragon) 5% of the time, compared to Drake-Doom's 2500 damage 10% of the time.

Considering a higher proc rate is likely a better thing because it lets you hit more evenly on smaller raids, and considering the UDL and versus dragon boosts on both sets are, on average, the same (Derek's is twice as high but the proc rate is twice as low), Drake-Doom is simply better.

Drake-Slayer's set also has a roughly 5% proc rate (like Derek's set), and also has a 10000 proc damage boost from the UDL. Its boost against dragons is 7000 damage, so that's better than Derek's set's, but the base damage is just 1000. Against dragons, it's better than Derek's set unless you have full Derek's set, then Derek's set is better - but it doesn't matter as much since, well, Drake-Doom is better than Derek's anyway.

So, to reiterate:
    With UDL boost:
    -Drake-Doom's proc does about 750 damage on average (7500 damage about 10% of the time) against anything, and about a thousand versus dragons
    -Derek's proc does about 545 damage on average (10900 damage about 5% of the time) against anything as a single piece, or 670 damage if you are wearing it all (13400 damage about 5% of the time), plus 250 average damage (+5000) against dragons in both cases
    -Drake-Slayer's proc does about 550 damage on average (11000 damage about 5% of the time) against anything, and about 900 versus dragons (18000 damage about 5% of the time)

Making Drake-Doom simply the best.

The following was for 1 stamina hits. On 20 stamina hits, you'll see all those numbers be 20.5 times bigger, but you'll also make 20 times less hits.
    The proc rates might be actually slightly lower, I rounded them up.

So basically, Drake doom set is best for the player slot and Derek set for the Commander?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Seeing as Drake-Doom is the best, the ideal situation would be to make 2 sets of Drake-Doom, and wear it on both yourself and commander.

I have a ways to go for that...

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Thanks everyone! This have been very helpfull!

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingo5 View Post
    Seeing as Drake-Doom is the best, the ideal situation would be to make 2 sets of Drake-Doom, and wear it on both yourself and commander.
    If you do, you can also slap Ruzzik/Qwilheads on Drake-Doom and both sets will be enchanted for the cost of a single set of runes.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    It's worth considering that the difference between Imperial's and Drake Doom's proc is worth around 65 points of attack vs non dragon and 130 vs dragons (that's without counting magics, mounts and Zumara). So if the only goal is to increase raid damage output, spending many billions of damage on cara and dl is not worth it, unless your sp cost to increase att/def is extremely high.

But I'm not saying it's wrong to go after the gear if that's what you want to do, efficiency isn't everything.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    You need to own both weapons from cara to get good proc from senator/imperial sets anyway...
    All four cara weapons are unique and they are some of the best free weapons that don't require boosts from other items.

In the end you will still have to hit a lot of cara.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Op already has Imperial's. But the comparison works with Anonymous set too.