Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Adventures of Roland"

Golden Garden Monk Jonathan Smith's Avatar
    I just read the whole thing for the first time, fantastic! I'm looking forward to the new zone

P.s. I also agree good ole' Roland needs a boost to bring him back to the top of the list of generals!

Soo good. Roland needs an update in stats after reading this

Wow. What a wonderful read! =3

Feel free to add me on Facebook, Click HERE I am currently level 539 and Leader of the Dragon Dynasty Guild

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    The ending was extremely satisfying!

My member number is superior to yours.

About nearly a month or so ago the story ended up when number 1 got caught and beaten and now, the story ends with an epic show of cunning, intellect and old-fashioned adventuring sense. Roland's story is great straight from the beginning although I would love to know how he did develop himself, anyway that was a beautiful prologue to the Roland we know today!

On a side note, this is what makes DotD and related games by the dev's so great. They care about every single word and make it drip with the theme of the game. Great customer support and writing (storytelling and the like) skills there!

best line "In a dungeon, the balance between merry surprises and lethal traps designed to slaughter the unwary was, at least in his experience, rather lopsided."

Farmhand
    Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
    Awesome job as always Cleomedes! It's awesome to see developers putting this kind of passion into just the backstory of a game when many developers don't put this kind of attention into their GAMES themselves. Keep up the great work. I can't wait for the next chapter OR the new area you allude to... but I will
    If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.

- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror Mirror"

so um people wut exactly is the "new quest zone"?
    also can the administrators of the game like beef up roland cuz the state he is in right now is horrible. I dont think anyone uses him in their legion. Considering the fact that u made stories about him, i think that roland deserves an upgrade of some sort. Thx ^^

I think there's a typo in Chapter 5, as Roland is "gawping" for air, rather than gasping.

Quote Originally Posted by unice5656 View Post
    I think there's a typo in Chapter 5, as Roland is "gawping" for air, rather than gasping.
    "Gawping" is what I had in mind, for its 'open-mouthed' connotations. I imagined him with his mouth wide open, sort of like a fish on land. Plus it seemed slightly onomatopoeic.

One small question, will there be more chapters on Roland's Adventure or is this the end (for his past) and we have to figure out the rest in-game? Part of it can be seen in the later chapters (but I won't put any spoilers here) but are you going to put more side-stories as the game progresses? And a link on FB leading here would be nice, since I get the feeling that many players do not know about these epics here on the forums.

I don't currently plan to write more Roland stories, so any further info would probably be presented in the game.

I've linked the story in a couple of the official posts on the game's Facebook wall in the past. We've also talked about some ways to make external lore stuff accessible from the game - not sure if they will prove viable though.

Golden Garden Monk Jonathan Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleomedes View Post
    I don't currently plan to write more Roland stories
    sad times

Golden Garden Monk
    any chance for a kyrose tale?
    me likey Claudia and Zumara!

Farmhand
    Have you thought about selling DofD shirts? Or have i missed that page?

that was awesome. thanks

Farmhand
    Nice Story

Great Cleo, on my to-read list.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Great story. I, too, wonder if anything else goes on between between Roland and the warrior woman he saved. Head-canon: They meet up not terribly long after the competition, whether by accident or she came looking for him, and wind up adventuring together, eventually falling in love, only tragedy strikes years later on what should have been a routine dungeon crawl and she dies, which causes Roland to retire to Burden's Rest, where he thinks he'll end his days as a run of the mill adventurer-turned-barkeep. Until something comes along that proves that didn't happen, that's what I'm going to think about when I consider Roland from now on.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    nice!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast