Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "The Adventures of Roland"

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Wow. That was very good, overall. Do you right full novels? If not, you should consider it. I'd love to read more about Roland, and any other prominent figures or story-driven party members.

www.facebook.com/DragonJian Send a message saying "Dawn of the Dragons" or "DotD."

https://apps.facebook.com/dawnofthed...uid=1036860464

Quote Originally Posted by Qian Long Jian View Post
    Wow. That was very good, overall. Do you right full novels? If not, you should consider it. I'd love to read more about Roland, and any other prominent figures or story-driven party members.

Thanks.

My work on the various games (both the creative writing and managing the art) is very time-consuming. So, I don't really have time for any extracurricular projects like novels etc.

"...the game in general seems to have a wanton disregard for human life."
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

My Word, Sir, You are amazing! I simply hate reading, I read this all in a single sitting. You mentioned you do this for other games? I'd love to read any of those you've done too.

May also want to look into finding time for that novel, Become a millionaire and then come back to use and expand even father on our great characters!

edit: I just noticed the posted date; didn't realize I was grave-digging, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSnake View Post
    My Word, Sir, You are amazing! I simply hate reading, I read this all in a single sitting.
    Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

You mentioned you do this for other games? I'd love to read any of those you've done too.
    If you haven't played a couple of our other games yet - Legacy of a Thousand Suns and Clash of the Dragons - you can see more of my writing there. You can see some in Legacy of Heroes also, though in that one I only do the card flavour text and item lore. The actual story writing is done by someone else. Personally, I think Suns has the best story out of the three games I handle.

These days I tend to be too busy to write stories outside of the in-game text itself. Plus I try to keep everything within the games, so that people who don't read the forums won't receive a truncated story experience. For example, I've wanted to get this Roland story into the game for some time, so last Friday it went in (with minor edits to make it read a bit better) as a side zone.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    This took what, almost 3 years to make it to the game? Really makes one appreciate how much time and effort the Dev's put into these games.
    I've spent quite a few years reading Warhammer and 40k fiction/sci-fi and I may as well consider myself a connoisseur of the genres;
    Cleo, well done, your works are up there with the best of them, in my humble opinion. I owe you some measure of credit, as my more recent Dugeons & Dragons games have been inspired to some degree by your stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazarus View Post
    Cleo, well done, your works are up there with the best of them, in my humble opinion. I owe you some measure of credit, as my more recent Dugeons & Dragons games have been inspired to some degree by your stories.
    Thank you.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Is this guy an author?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglouiethe2nd View Post
    Is this guy an author?
    I had a book published a few years ago, though that was pseudo-non-fiction rather than a story.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleomedes View Post
    I had a book published a few years ago, though that was pseudo-non-fiction rather than a story.

Well whatever you are, you are going places

TO BATTLE WE MARCH,IN NUMBERS WE GROW,AND IN ME THEY TRUST...JOIN "-THE DARK SIDE-"

Great story line..thanks for sharing

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    It's like fan-fiction. Except canon. And good. I love it. (The zone too)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    I love the story of DOTD and eagerly wait for more of the Dragon Rider *cough* fresh_undies *cough* and his army of fanboys and fangirls however in the mean time can we get more of the background lore like this where it's fleshed out and expanded
    Last edited by Fresh_Undies; 6th December 2013 at 01:50. Reason: Removed potential spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_Undies View Post
    I love the story of DOTD and eagerly wait for more of the Dragon Rider *cough* fresh_undies *cough* and his army of fanboys and fangirls however in the mean time can we get more of the background lore like this where it's fleshed out and expanded
    These days I don't really have time to do any writing outside of the in-game text. Working on Dawn, Suns, and Clash keeps me very busy.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123