Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: Achievement Revamp

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds

Achievement Revamp

In the Feb 1 2012 State of the Game address, it was mentioned that some time in the year it would receive a complete revamp, so far as I know, it hasn't yet, and the year has passed.

So my question is what happened to the Achievement Point revamp that was planned, and could more information be given on the complete revamp?

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    It's still high on our priority list but currently Communities and Workshop have been prioritized ahead of Achievements.

Definitely still on our radar though.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I understand that this isn't a priority, but the January State of the Game mentioned that we'd be seeing a post with more details on the revamp soon (ah, the infamous "soon"). Is that post also something that's been put aside until you shift focus and start hammering out the details?

More generally, there have been a number of promises early this year about posts coming soon that haven't surfaced. There'll certainly always be inevitable delays, but it would help a lot if we could be notified of them. Announcing delays probably wouldn't make people much happier, but I'd imagine it could help reduce resentment and the feeling that we're being ignored. There's a lot you can't tell us and a lot that will only trigger ungrateful responses, but as far as I'm concerned, any updates help.

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    I understand that this isn't a priority, but the January State of the Game mentioned that we'd be seeing a post with more details on the revamp soon (ah, the infamous "soon"). Is that post also something that's been put aside until you shift focus and start hammering out the details?
    Right now the details are still subject to change, so making a post that explains the changes isn't viable right now. I understand we talked about this in January and apologize for not communicating more clearly that there was a delay in this.