Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: Beginner's Guide

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Beginner's Guide

LEON is proud to announce yet another guide (to go with all our others). We have created a beginner's guide, with screenshots and explanations for most of the games concepts.

It is extremely large, and we would appreciate any comments.

http://leon-dotd.clanteam.com/guides...ners+Guide.htm

That site also houses our other guides, and our TNL Time Estimator.

Alternately, there is a direct tinyurl: http://tinyurl.com/dotd-beginners

EDIT: New Mirror Up: http://leon.dx.am/guides/4-Beginners+Guide.htm

Enjoy!
    Last edited by cryophallion; 5th July 2013 at 02:29.

That's a great job.

Summon only Nightmare Difficulty Raids for now

Nightmare (NM) raids are attractive to other players for Achievement Point credit and special loot; this is the best way to get people to hit your raid. If it is going to be used for farming SP, then summon on Normal. (This is best reserved for the raids Bellarius and Guilbert the Mad.) With the exception of Dragonís Lairs, donít summon raids on Hard or Legendary; most people will ignore them.
    why should they only summon NM raid ? a new player really need the 'easy' sp from raid like normal maz or erebus, more than starting APing at least.. (and so, why talking about guil rather than erebus..)

Work on farming to increase your SP. The best farming raids are the ones from Zone 7: Maraak, Erakka-Sak, Wexxa, Guilbert, and Bellarius.
    not for a new player..

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Thanks, we worked hard on it.
    1. I understand your point. For the very new player, they will get most of their sp from questing, since they are not strong enough to get epics. Once they person gets a bit of power though, the chance for 1 epic isn't too bad for NM raid, and requires relatively little damage in comparison to FS. I will recheck my loot tables, and see if this should be modified slightly. Erebi are crappy farms, frankly. Especially compared to Bella, and to a lesser extent guil. I assume you don't know how little it takes to get 2 epics on a normal bella, much less just one. By far, Guil and Bella are the best farms in the game, and Bella kicks Guil because of unique issues (or time issues, but I can't remove that variable). The oft reported OS numbers are inaccurate at best. Massively innacurrate when it comes to larger sized raids.

2. If you read the whole guide, you will see we have goals up through level 500. You cannot tell me these players shouldn't be hitting Z7. We don't know when a player may find the guide, so we cover a lot of possibilities. Level 10? Definitely not. Level 100 - well, you may be surprised...

Actually, I would say I've a decent knowledge of under fs/os epic drop. And still, I don't understand what's make you say that n erebus are crappy farm. Also, you should provide this kind of numbers in your guide, or most people will assume you need to hit for fs/os.

If you read the whole guide, you will see we have goals up through level 500. You cannot tell me these players shouldn't be hitting Z7. We don't know when a player may find the guide, so we cover a lot of possibilities.
    Well, I'm not telling they shouldn't be hitting z7 raids, I'm telling they aren't the best raids to start with, at least if you're doing fs or more.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Since the numbers ARE below FS, and we don't want raids to fail. So, we don't currently provide the numbers, but we have discussed it internally.

Z7 has two SP crafting drops: each one drops at a 15% drop rate (glyphs are slightly higher) for an orange (so, you will get an orange glyph in about 1/3 of lootings in the OS range, or 30% of the time). Since glyphs have a vastly superior SP return, they are much better to go after - getting about 7 sp for every 3 raids is nothing to be scoffed at.

In comparison is erebus. It has the flute, which only has a 20% chance of having an orange drop on every looting, and the eye pearls, which are slightly better at just under 25%. However, both those are only 2 sp. You cannot convince me that hitting 4-5 raids to get 4 sp is better than 3 for 7. Especially when we take into account the real OS on bella, it becomes even more clear.

Note: sample size of over 500 lootings will all drops recorded for each of the above raids).

You cannot convince me that hitting 4-5 raids to get 4 sp is better than 3 for 7.
    my point of view was to get more sp per dmg/stam not hitting less raid

Since the numbers ARE below FS, and we don't want raids to fail. So, we don't currently provide the numbers
    1,2m has been said being a nice spot against n bella for at least a year now, and still they don't fail ^^

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    A normal bus is 0.88sp per raid while a normal bella is 2.0sp per raid.

Bus sp is capped by common items, not epic. This makes nm bus os for farming much lower than fs, but for bella it is not the same since it is limited by purple and orange glyph.

If you hit nm bella for ap damage (1.8m), it will be 1.2sp per raid. As 600k ap on nm bus still gives higher than 0.8sp per raid, bus is significantly better in this case.

Since a lot of farmers actually hit 1.2m on normal bella (which, still gives 2sp average), it is somehow better than normal bus.

Grune and Maz are superior farms compared to them. For instance a normal grune has optimal of 400k and give 1sp per raid.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Correct, 1.17-1.2 is the OS for Normal Bella. I don't know how long it has been said, I only know what I have tested.

Sweet spot for N erebus is around .4 (erebus does not obey the usual ratio for Epic raids - it is a smaller ratio than usual).

I guess technically you can get a bit more sp from the same stam, assuming you can get enough of each raid.

NM becomes clearer, since again erebus does not obey the normal rules (tainted is the one that does).

I will try to clarify erebi in the guide (I believe that it may be explained better in the autoing guide, I am not sure).

I don't have enough data on grune or maz to do a drop analysis. If you know of someone with the drop rates for every raid, I'd love to talk to them. We are gathering that data, but to call it labor intensive is an understatement.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    .6 on a nm bus IS os. NM bell is 2.34, so you are limiting the bella in this case by not giving it 2 epics you get from the bus.

I will go take a look at the data for commons tonight for busses. It seems the loot goes above the normal 9 max items when you get to OS for them, so the commons issue may be less of an issue.

Again, I am still data collecting on grune (122 data points does not good numbers make), but we shall see.
    Last edited by cryophallion; 13th February 2013 at 15:31. Reason: typed in wrong os for bella

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Per recent requests, we will be moving the glossary into the Beginner's Guide from the FAQ. Are there any other requests to make the guide better for new players?
    LEON DOTD Compendium: Guides, TNL Estimator, Raid Epic Ranges and More: http://leon-dotd.clanteam.com/
    Mirror (likely better uptime): http://leon.dx.am

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Sir I must commend you on your guide it is one of the best and most thorough that I have come across in playing these types of games . I am a Castle Age player that just started this game today and wish I had seen it sooner especially the Auto-Leveling portion . I had been doing something similar in the other game but it took me 4-5 months to figure it out . Thanks for the work.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    I'm a wee bit insane, and I've been focusing on completing the first area completely before moving onto the next. I noticed that you say to rush through the Normal areas as fast as possible... have I shot myself in the foot?

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    You have not shot yourself in the foot, but I think you should work on finishing at least zone 7 on normal first. This is to allow yourself new raids to summon, get you new items in the bazaar, and get some better items.

Everyone plays their own way. If that is your style, go with it. I played really unwisely my first 300+ levels. I didn't even realize it would be easy for me to craft SOCK1 until level 400 (for real, I thought since it was lengendary, it was really hard). We all make different choices. The guide is just a way to give you info to allow you to make informed choices about the ways people play, and some of the most effective strategies. If your style diverges, there is nothing wrong with that at all.
    LEON DOTD Compendium: Guides, TNL Estimator, Raid Epic Ranges and More: http://leon-dotd.clanteam.com/

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate