Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luminary Rewards

Luminary Rewards

An issue raised constantly by players is once they reach lvl 1000 or 500, something they had been working toward for a long time, they feel relatively weaker as they hit for the same damage but take longer to lvl then they did just 1 lvl before.

So what can be done to make lvls 500 and 1000 feel more like an accomplishment? something you look forward to rather then dread, so that we feels stronger in game rather then weaker once reaching these land marks. Feed back appreciated

my suggestions
    1) 50 PC instead of 1
    2) special raid essences that you receive when making that rank
    3) when reaching luminary you get a second set of raid timers/cool downs so you can summon double the amount of raids, possibly make it so that you can't summon 2 of the same thing also working toward solving the issue players have with too many summoning Z10 and not enough other raids, forcing a little more diversity.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Perhaps a magic like Vengeance of The Immortal?
    Not as strong as, but still strong compared to the more regular damage magics like GID, IL etc.
    Hey 5PG, That's a step in the right direction. Keep this up and my faith in you will be restored.

I believe the main issue is how much stats still matter in this game, you can have all S/E/H bars in the world and it wouldn't matter if you still some reason doing a lousy 500k damage per hit (yes, this is actually weak once you in level 600 or higher).

The game really could probably use a skill tree system or something to make it seem like you least getting something for leveling up instead of just the dread that if you level, you losing something, 5 points per level really don't do anything except get your bars higher cause that all you can do with it, it never will be used for attack/defense/HP/perception cause if you do that, you level slower which isn't helping. If stats itself wasn't so dominant like it is now, it wouldn't be such a issue with leveling up like we are now, where every stat you gain "per level" matters such a great deal that your entire character's existence depends on it.

Disciple of the Traveller
    perhaps instead of a pool of PC, just give them say 10 of each 1/4 refill potion. would only last them a few levels if they still try to keep a more than 1 level a day pace but would at least bridge the gap some.

what about instead of a spereate cool down timer, at level 1000 and beyond each level you get one special summon token. this token when consumed would let you clear out cool down timers one time makeing each raid class available instantly. wouldn't be a constant doubleing of raid summons, but would let them be able to hurry cool down waiting on occasion. maybe at level 2000 you start getting 2 of these per level and each 1000 level after it goes up by one. giveing them a token that can be used to clear the cool down timers probably much less coding headache than tring to run double cool down timers and basicly it would just be setting cool down to zero for all raids.

as for the raid essences, reminds me of the "twisted" version of raids that was suggested once as a 5th raid level beyond nightmare. could just make a new raid difficultly that only lumminarys (and while doing a 6th difficulty for immortals) can summon. perhaps double health of nightmare, but have handful of extra shinnies in it and a seperate acheivement counter. this 5th difficultly could be coded to have a much lower cool down timer perhaps. so the lumminary difficulty instead of 72 hour cool down be 48 and the immortal difficulty be just 24 hour cool down. and use same scaleing for the raids that have differen cool down lengths. could cause drain on normal Nightmare summons if did such, so would have to be bit careful how set them up. but it would make players have to ask the lumminary level players and immortal level players for the raids to be summoned.

of course, one simple thing, a minor version of Vengence of the Immortal designed for luminaries. though at this point that probably would be largely useless.

something else that could be done, instead of it a one level hit of 1500xp (think that the amount) have it be 10 levels were each level increase 150xp. still end up with same xp increase hit, but it not so sudden.

could actually put the title on the players profile page and/or show them in damage lists in different colors once pass 500 or 1000 or 2500. cosmetic but sometimes cosmetic things are appreciated.

would kind of hate to have the map done this way, but could have some side zones on the quest map that are level restricted. would have interesting side effect of makeing slow leveling possiblely have extra penality depending on what the side quests offer. imagine if there is a 5th DH tactics scroll that have to be level 1000 to unlock..... or few specialized troops/generals/legions.....

Also possibly a legendary general you get at lvl 500 and it gets a bonus based on your lvl so as you lvl he gets stronger and he gets an upgrade at lvl 1000. As long as he is adequately strong to make a noticeable difference to damage.

Or you get a power bonus increase like we got form DH quest zone at lvl 500 and 1000.

I actually feel anything that is involving the raid cooldown really wouldn't help much since there already a large pool of raids and wouldn't exactly help their key issue, leveling slower.

The new difficulty of raids seem like that be nice except that it would feel like it encouraging payment requirement for those still not strong enough even by level 1000 so it really just not a good enough reward, especially with the game's rate of poor SP the higher the difficulty as well as once get the item, never look back at it.

the magic would be largely useless, we don't even use the immortal magic if at all anymore thanks to things like no magic in World raids.

Exp curve softening method for only like 5-10 level thru pots or something wouldn't help the matter to me. Just make it a softer blow.

Cosmetic be nice btw on the damage list lol.

The restricted areas by levels will probably start happening soon anyhow with how raids in z10 are much too hard for anyone that is just at level 500 or just about it if they didn't stat farm.

Edit: that general would probably have to be largely based on stats to player for it to make up for the problem of slower level thus slower damage rate on bigger raids. Sadly I think they would only make such a powerful general premium only.

now therea thought that could kill two birds with one stone. what if at each 500 levels you given an option to buy one premium that you lack for the normal 100PC (is about only case I can see where a mark up wouldn't be needed, but even if was a slight mark up would be acceptable) cost. game could randomly offer you one or let you pick, prefer myself it be left random though.

then in time anyone that wanted all the premiums would get a chance to buy them as reward for leveling up.

only draw back to this is what to do for someone that has all of the premiums. could revert back to just small bag of PC or refill potions in that case I guess.

edit, could add in one or two premium like generals that can only be gotten from this level up purchase offer as bit of an extra incentive. still would have to buy it, but this would be the only place and time could.

re-edit, almost forgot, me supposed to say 'death to anyone that not already gotten the premiums' or some such am always told.... and yet I suggest this..... go figure.

^ and here comes probably people crying "well what if i already super high level and well past 1500 level?! I missed 3 premiums! boohoo!" yep, totally seeing that happening if they read this.

oh and of course blaming me for their misery in the process...

now all you whiner turn away while say the simple fix.

you looking elsewhere yet?

have a run once process done when they implement it that gives the current high levels the missed offereings.

ok can look back and tell me again how i hate all new players and want them to never have the premiums.....

I sure they could find a way to reward those that already passed those certain levels but I do find it amazing how people (sometimes even me) will find something to complain about even if it something small.

Either way, I find level up un-interesting, the only thing rewarding about it is refills, other than that, who cares about the 5 stat points when you getting 100-300 stats easily later on as that 5 becomes only a mean to make the bars longer.

well dorumon,in that you actually point to a very simple fix the devs could do to make leveling up more interesting. starting at level 500 each 100 levels you get one more stat point per level.

so 5 points to level 500
    6 points between 500 and 600
    7 points between 600 and 700
    and so on.

perhaps have some extra bump up occure at even 500 or 1000 gaps.

would likely require no serious code changes. adding one stat point per 100 levels not going to seriously whack out game balance but would be a simple nice cosmetic nod to the player for haveing reached a new "level" in the game.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    i don't know about level 500, but what about when get to level 1000 u can rise your LSI by half a point (to 7.5), and it's rised by half point for every 500 levels from level 1000, this ways higher levels will be need less pots/time to level up, i think 0.5 point every 500 levels is very reasonable request to ask from the dev's.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    angeluspike: the whole point of the XP stepup is to keep people from leveling up faster and that would sorta do away with that (.5 lsi would mean you could dump 250 stam or 500 en and do away with 25% of that stepup). Don't think that would work if you want to keep that intact.

I like the idea of a skill tree/talent-like system where you get a point to put into something every X levels (100 or 500 would be fine). Stuff like "*insert Stat here* generals increase their atk/def by 10%" seems feasible but that's just off the top of my head. Or if the talent-tree idea doesn't work SOME way to increase Legion Damage since that's where a lot of the shortfall comes from.

If you want to keep it simple, I guess the magic+PC idea could work.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    now therea thought that could kill two birds with one stone. what if at each 500 levels you given an option to buy one premium that you lack for the normal 100PC (is about only case I can see where a mark up wouldn't be needed, but even if was a slight mark up would be acceptable) cost. game could randomly offer you one or let you pick, prefer myself it be left random though.

then in time anyone that wanted all the premiums would get a chance to buy them as reward for leveling up.

only draw back to this is what to do for someone that has all of the premiums. could revert back to just small bag of PC or refill potions in that case I guess.

edit, could add in one or two premium like generals that can only be gotten from this level up purchase offer as bit of an extra incentive. still would have to buy it, but this would be the only place and time could.

re-edit, almost forgot, me supposed to say 'death to anyone that not already gotten the premiums' or some such am always told.... and yet I suggest this..... go figure.
    This could work and if those who have missed out because they are already too high a level got a 1time chance to buy a Premium they don't have I don't see any reason people would complain.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Why I love Playing Dawn! The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer. Leader of TWG

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by paws with claws View Post
    Also possibly a legendary general you get at lvl 500 and it gets a bonus based on your lvl so as you lvl he gets stronger and he gets an upgrade at lvl 1000. As long as he is adequately strong to make a noticeable difference to damage.

Or you get a power bonus increase like we got form DH quest zone at lvl 500 and 1000.
    This is a cool Idea. would also work as a premium General
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Why I love Playing Dawn! The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer. Leader of TWG

Sargaash the Mighty equal Mitch Manning's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    i have to give props for at least coming up with ideas. more and more people are going to start reaching 500 and 1k in the coming months. really reduced timers are not much of a way to celebrate that. i just hit 1500 myself last week and it was like yeah... nothing new lol. something extra would be nice. even a familiar.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    wouldn't know about the feasibility of this, but what about after lvl 1000, instead of 5 stat points, you get 5 Skill points for leveling up. Sure this would only help in adding to Atk or Def, but if you had costs of 5:1 or even 10:1 or higher, you could get 5 points added directly to the skill instead of only getting 1 or maybe none, depending on your cost.

As for the general idea, I like it, but think giving it legendary stats to begin with, but then having its proc damage increase with each level up. I think having its stats increasing with each level would cause it to become severely over powered.

An idea for those reaching 500: I didn't really notice much of a difference pre-500 to post-500, and as someone mentioned in another thread, it is quite easy to reach 500 now with the stat boosting gear available, so what about a couple Idols of the Devoted, that can be worth anywhere from 5 to 25 PCs, depending on how many you have already.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    As a person who reached Luminary months ago. I can say this. It didn't feel special but, I honestly do not think it should. It's level 1k. You get some awesome recovery timers for stam and energy. Both of them. You don't have to choose which you want. That alone was and is enough of a gift for me.

But hey if they wanna give me a familiar or something for hitting 1b damage in 1 hit. I'd be up for that.

GamerEX dealt 1,044,450,820 damage!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    1. Instead of a premium general based on your stats, how about a legendary familiar that you can somehow apply SPs to, to lvl it up? Maybe those SPs can help with perception or procs depending on how you choose to lvl it.

2. I like the idea behind specializations/actual skill points for certain things.

3. maybe once you reach 1000, a new section of lands open up that act in a similar way to the ones in LoTS. Based on how many you have you're awarded different random troops/armor/legion etc. This would coincide well with the workshop and breaking stuff down.

I like this thread. hopefully something comes out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Our business philosophy is to do what is best for our players. 100% of our players will never agree with any decision we make, but we feel if we do right by our players they will do right by us. I am not talking about only the currently paying players here, I am talking about everyone.
    PC spent: 12234 (10,989 FB + 1,245 NG)

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    I was a bit disappointed when I reached luminary to be honest as there was nothing to really mark it, it didn't really feel special. I didn't even want anything that great, just a familiar or a t-shirt that said something like reached luminary, half way to immortal or something. Or how about playing with the luminary theme, a set of sunglasses? Say that you are testing a gnommish experiment to stop the sun blinding the troops.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast