Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: Duel Power Formula

Duel Power Formula

I believe I have found the correct Duel Power Formula to be:

[ ( ATTACK + DEFENSE + HEALTH/5 ) / LEVEL * 400 + ( POWER BONUS + ( DAMAGE + DEFLECT ) / 3 * 5 ) * 1.5 ] * ( 1 + ( OPPONENTS RANK - YOUR RANK ) / 100 )

Where attack, defense & health include bonuses from generals & gear.

Example: Let's say I am level 600 & rank 15 with 2000 attack, 1500 defense & 500 health from base stats, gear and general bonuses.
    And power bonus of 450 with 10 damage and 15 deflect.

Fighting against a rank 19, my duel power would be:
    [ (2000 + 1500 + 500 / 5) / 600 * 400 + (450 + (10 + 15) / 3 * 5) * 1.5 ] * (1 + (19 - 15) / 100)
    = [2400 + 737.5] * 1.04
    = 3263

Hope I made it clear.
    Regards.

P.S. If anyone's duel power does not conform to this formula please let me know.

Few things, I'm about 100% sure rank isn't part of the equation. My power is consistent regardless of who I'm attacking.

Also, stats from items are factored in differently than base player stats. DH flat out said that base player stats will be more important than item stats, and it absolutely is true. Not just the fact that you can have higher base stats, but that stats from items seem to clearly be deluded.

Also, DH said that deflect and added damage aren't factored into your power. They just impact the damage done and taken, which doesn't impact the actual outcome of the duel. Though, it's amusing that you can win a duel and still kill yourself...

On that note, the power bonus is a straight addition, and is not reduced/increased in any way shape or form. Again, that's directly from DH.

Though, the first part of the equation seems spot on based around what I found.
    Do you smell what The Rock is cooking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Ok, the best has come and gone, its all doom and gloom from here.

I originally posted my calculations following this formula and the actual duel power obtained in that thread. However no-one took notice of what I was saying.
    Also since then I noticed my duel power jump dramatically & that it no longer followed the formula posted in the above link.

Quote Originally Posted by RockCastellum View Post
    Few things, I'm about 100% sure rank isn't part of the equation. My power is consistent regardless of who I'm attacking.
    I found the rank part to be my most significant discovery and know it to be the only part of the formula to be exactly 100% correct.
    I was testing by going naked and hitting as many ranks below me as I could so I would still gain DP. However, I kept losing and as such hit as high above me as possible to reduce the DP lost.
    By doing this my DP increased by a lot. I did 500 hits to prove it conforms to that part of the formula.

Also, stats from items are factored in differently than base player stats. DH flat out said that base player stats will be more important than item stats, and it absolutely is true. Not just the fact that you can have higher base stats, but that stats from items seem to clearly be deluded.
    To not conform to this the BSI x 400 would have to be off, from my calculations to the previous formula.

Also, DH said that deflect and added damage aren't factored into your power. They just impact the damage done and taken, which doesn't impact the actual outcome of the duel. Though, it's amusing that you can win a duel and still kill yourself...
    Well for some reason gear with +damage and deflect increases my DP more than it should for the base stats and Power Bonus, compared with ones that don't.

On that note, the power bonus is a straight addition, and is not reduced/increased in any way shape or form. Again, that's directly from DH.
    This is completely wrong, DH said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahrizon View Post
    Equipment that has a PvP Bonus +X Power gives a known boost directly to your power.
    "known boost" does not necessarily mean a 1:1 ratio. In fact many people have noticed the boost to be more than +PVP Bonus stated.

Furthermore, I don't want the formula dissected (that is my job) I would like to know how closely it matches your actual DP.

Holy reaction batman.

Didn't see this till just now, but I'll tell you flat out that if you find a margin of error of a little over 1% on the applied formula from my thread to be too great, then that's a bit... extreme. There is an expected random variant, and many people have tested it with similar results. If it were off by something greater than 5% consistently, then I'd say there is likely an error somewhere. Anything less than that is well within a margin of error, especially if it fluctuates above and below that mark (which it STILL does for me, but at less than 2% in most cases).

Having said that, it's easy to put a lot of numbers into a formula and then adjust values on your own personal numbers until you get something that works. I didn't do that, I got samples from many different guild members to see if the results remained consistent. They did. I then got samples from non-guild members. The results remained consistent.

Then, after I seemed to be on the right track, I posted my formula as a POSSIBLE calculation of duel power. Presenting it as fact, as you have, is silliness. We simply do not know the formula, and even if it's 100% accurate 100% of the time it does not mean it's the true formula.

With that in mind, I'm not going to argue the semantics of DH's posts, especially considering the one you quoted is from a significant time after the post in which DH flat out said it's a straight addition. I am 100% NOT going back to find that.

If your formula works for you, great. Though, I perceive you needing to tweak it as your numbers change, so that you can continue to present it as fact--something I have never done with my formula and never intend to do, because I didn't write the code.
    Last edited by RockCastellum; 2nd March 2012 at 03:31.
    Do you smell what The Rock is cooking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Ok, the best has come and gone, its all doom and gloom from here.

Awesome job. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]