PDA

View Full Version : True Unique items

Trinity
17th June 2010, 15:11
It would be nice to find one of a kind items in the game that are super rare either from quest or raids. Once the item is found no one else would be able to get it unless they purchased from trade post/Auction or traded it from another player.

I think having variables like this will keep people raiding, because the unique items would not be listed under the loot tables, they would have to be discovered. Having real unique items would also help prevent everyone from running around with the same items that are the best- yet anyone could obtain them through time.

No more cookie cutter profiles, and it would be sweet in the future to be able to view these items on the players. :003:

Lena Gk
17th June 2010, 15:23
that's a really cool suggestion. We might consider it for the future

Lillibeth
17th June 2010, 15:36
no Lena, I'll never get any good stuff that way...lol

0ooJimmyoo0
17th August 2010, 00:15
I really like the idea .buttttttt i don't like that the only way to get them is to gift or trade or whatever ..What should be done is its a 1 in 1000 chance or higher of getting the items..That way not everyone will have the same item and if people want the item then they have to invest a lot of time and power into leveling up and facing raid after raid after raid :D.. Reason i don't like that no one else can get an item once someone gets it is because i myself buy all the limited items each month before they end..Because i am a collector and i want 1 of everything in this game..It's amazing and i love the artwork from boss to character to item.. Please if you do consider this idea then at least make it super hard to get..Think sorta like when someone is playing pokemon and trying to get an ultra rare shiny...That would be a pain but also more fair in my opinion :)
Also the items looted could give amazing bonuses that make your character feared by others..That is an idea i like :)

Angelus
17th August 2010, 00:37
Yeah, I can see this like for example.

Player does 100 million on a tainted Erebus and loots a one of a kind item, and you loot something really rare like an Erebus hide, because its hide is so strong it makes a Legendary Armour. = ]

0ooJimmyoo0
17th August 2010, 00:50
Yeah, I can see this like for example.

Player does 100 million on a tainted Erebus and loots a one of a kind item, and you loot something really rare like an Erebus hide, because its hide is so strong it makes a Legendary Armour. = ]

That is an amazing idea Angel =]
maybe the armor could make the character look like the boss..that would be sweet in my opinion
Like say you have a sword made from there teeth or helmet from there head ..I love that idea =]]

Angelus
17th August 2010, 00:55
That is an amazing idea Angel =]
maybe the armor could make the character look like the boss..that would be sweet in my opinion
Like say you have a sword made from there teeth or helmet from there head ..I love that idea =]] Te

Yeah, something like a TEeth Sword. (You see what I did there? Lol) Tainted Erebus 'eth'

Haha. Sorry I make my self laugh ;P

0ooJimmyoo0
17th August 2010, 01:25
Te

Yeah, something like a TEeth Sword. (You see what I did there? Lol) Tainted Erebus 'eth'

Hehe yes i see what you did there . ;)
I like that idea ..I also hope we see more animation in the game since it's flash.. i know this isnt the thread but i was just saying :p

Angelus
17th August 2010, 01:27
Hehe yes i see what you did there . ;)
I like that idea ..I also hope we see more animation in the game since it's flash.. i know this isnt the threat but i was just saying :p

Would be nice to see some basic animation like some sparkles over a rare sword, or something like that.

0ooJimmyoo0
17th August 2010, 02:04
Would be nice to see some basic animation like some sparkles over a rare sword, or something like that.

Yes or an aura or flame or even electric bolts moving throughout the sword :)
I also want the guild bosses to be animated and have sounds as well ..That would be epic..But on topic here i would love some incredible items as epic rare items...Like maybe flaming armor and sword and shield of the phoenix..That would be epic

Angelus
17th August 2010, 02:10
Haha well I'm sure the Dev's are working on some 'epic' projects. ;D

Dahrizon
17th August 2010, 02:42
Long ago, I played a game called Asheron's Call.
When there was a special item that could be obtained (or crafted as in the Sword of Conquered Kingdoms) the first person to obtain it got a special version that was slightly better than what everyone else would get. In the case of the SoCK, the first one obtained may have an extra 4a/4d. I don't know if the coding of this game would support that, or if it would have to be done manually.

The bad thing about that scenario, though, was that new players were highly unlikely to ever get in a position where they could accomplish something first.

Angelus
17th August 2010, 02:56
Long ago, I played a game called Asheron's Call.
When there was a special item that could be obtained (or crafted as in the Sword of Conquered Kingdoms) the first person to obtain it got a special version that was slightly better than what everyone else would get. In the case of the SoCK, the first one obtained may have an extra 4a/4d. I don't know if the coding of this game would support that, or if it would have to be done manually.

The bad thing about that scenario, though, was that new players were highly unlikely to ever get in a position where they could accomplish something first.

Yeah new players would be screwed!

RockCastellum
17th August 2010, 03:23
Yeah new players would be screwed!

Exactly. Though, it would be cool if the values varied. Maybe make it so that once you craft it, you have the option of either having the slot turn into a +stat slot or try again for higher values. To take it further, have special items that you can only hold one of, but have varying stats. If you get another, you decide which one to keep (or if there is an auction feature, the one you don't choose automatically goes up). Something along that line.

Angelus
17th August 2010, 03:48
Yeah I get what you mean.

Haha, would love this "You see Felendis skull, it has been carved and sharpened for use as a Katar" xD

Karnage
17th August 2010, 06:07
Te

Giggle bricks ;)

tyber zann
19th September 2010, 19:53
its really a stupid idea look you go to a page from a guild member and you a true unigue and you i want that to but you cant because there is only 1 btw did i say its a stupid idea

Felendis
19th September 2010, 19:58
its really a stupid idea look you go to a page from a guild member and you a true unigue and you i want that to but you cant because there is only 1 btw did i say its a stupid idea
I can see you are new to our forums, but I suggest you read the rules (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?12-gt-gt-Forum-Rules) before posting. As you can see, almost every post you have made so far violates our first rule:

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
I am going to delete all of your other posts, if you can not follow the rules you will be permanently banned.

Ude Hikaru
21st September 2010, 13:17
Nice Idea Bro.. it really like it since it similar to my fav game, the Unique Item are Gold color=)