PDA

View Full Version : Role Playing Forum section

Stewie Doo
6th June 2010, 23:03
I was wondering how many people, if any, would be interested in a Role Playing (RP) Section of the Forum.

In this section people could start RP threads for people to join in on. The first post in a thread could specify any specific rules for the current story, or even if it's a closed RP for just certain people or guilds etc.

If people are unsure how these work, then a VERY quick explanation is as follows.

Someone sets the scene for a particular story, event etc. and then people play the roles of their in game characters in the thread. It gives other people an insight of what your character is all about, and the type of person he/she is.

Normally within these thread, you are 'allowed' to loosely control the actions of other players, but you are not allowed to force them to perform major actions or voice emotions and opinions without their consent, for example.

Allowed:
Stewie Doo entered the tavern, smoke filled the air as it billowed out of the pipes of a group of goblins sitting in the corner looking excitedly over some blue prints. Angel, sat motionlessly at her table gazing into a half empty tankard, her eyes only lifting to look at the goblins.

Not Allowed:
Stewie Doo entered the tavern, smoke filled the air as it billowed out of the pipes of a group of goblins sitting in the corner looking excitedly over some blue prints. Angel, picked up her half empty tankard and cracked it across the back of one of the goblins heads, shouting "This is a no smoking area!"

Please let me know your thoughts, and Lena, if there seems to be some interest, please can you let us know if you're happy to do this too.

Thanks

Stewie Doo
7th June 2010, 22:34
*chuckling softly at Lena*
Which character are you out of? Trying to remember a time when Lena was humble.

Love the idea Stewie. I may not contribute often. But i will always read it. Reminds me of a tavern i used to frequent. Maybe i should go find a nice bear pelt to adorn the floor.

Well if enough peaople are interested, and we can convince Lena to give us some space, we could actually have many different threads, with different stories going on. Guilds could create closed threads just for their members (I know this cant be forced, but people could include *PRIVATE* in the Subject).

Stewie Doo
7th June 2010, 23:23
Mist, that was great, thank you for taking part.

Lena, thank you SOOOO much for giving us a forum to try this in.

I would like to move all the RP posts in this thread in to a proper tavern thread.
I dont mind copying them in with the posters name (I dont suppose individualt posts can be moved to another thread?)

But before I do I need to know if there is already any Lore about the tavern in Burdens Rest? name etc.

Thanks

Lena Gk
7th June 2010, 23:33
Mist, that was great, thank you for taking part.

Lena, thank you SOOOO much for giving us a forum to try this in.

I would like to move all the RP posts in this thread in to a proper tavern thread.
I dont mind copying them in with the posters name (I dont suppose individualt posts can be moved to another thread?)

But before I do I need to know if there is already any Lore about the tavern in Burdens Rest? name etc.

Thanks

need more time to check for Lore, but if you want to create the actual thread i can move the posts there. Just give me a title and i ll move them. Keep in mind that they are older than any new post you ll do though, so we cant have any introductory post if i move them.. you could possibly edit your first one instead

Stewie Doo
7th June 2010, 23:42
That's Fine, I'm happy to edit the first post if you can simply move the RP posts only.

The thread should be called The Tavern - Burden's Rest Created the thread

Once again, thank you! :)

Lena Gk
8th June 2010, 00:31
posts moved. Let me know if you need anything else moved/modified

Stewie Doo
8th June 2010, 00:52
Thank you Lena, that looks fine, we'll leave your initial OOC conversations with Aesun seeing as you're awesome hehe ;)

3D DDD
8th June 2010, 04:33
so where are they?

Felendis
8th June 2010, 04:36
http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?636-The-Tavern-Burden-s-Rest

3D DDD
8th June 2010, 05:16
Thanks!

Angelus
8th June 2010, 08:14
[Stands up and nods at Stewie with the anticipation of an RPing section]

Angelus
8th June 2010, 08:15
I want I want I want!

Stewie Doo
8th June 2010, 09:33
I want I want I want!

We have one!! It's in the Off Topic at the top is a Role Playing Sub Form.

Join us in the Tavern and/or start your own story.

Angelus
8th June 2010, 09:37
Ooo yeah. =D

kneendofgox
24th February 2012, 00:54
I tried to get AIM once. It exploded. SO I dont have AIM. Can we do this Forum-based?
Домашние девушки (http://devush.ru/domashnie-devushki)