PDA

View Full Version : Character restat for PC's

SeanC
1st January 2011, 15:42
This is a great way to keep players involved as well as to make some money for the game. Have an option to redo your characters stat points for a certain amount of Planet Coins, say 100. And to ensure that the players are not abusing the ability to restat their characters have the cost of restating their character go up by half, or even double every time they use this function. This will help to prevent abuse of the function.

There are LOADS of succesfull facebook games that have implemented this same feature. It gives players, who when they were just starting out, spread their stat points out in all the wrong ways for how they wanted to build their characters, the opportunity to correct those mistakes and enjoy their character.

Maybe a player was a PvP build and they need to do quests, they can restat to be an energy build and complete the quests they need. Or maybe they are pure questers and getting tired of not participating in stamina raids or PvP, they can restat and try their hands at the Colloseum.

This will probably be a very succesfull feature for both players and the game.

Thanks,
Tarlin

Fenris
2nd January 2011, 02:03
I like the idea.
Aslong we keep our crafted statpoints :)

MitchellW
2nd January 2011, 02:12
I think the biggest issue here, is that it may increase people's ability to autolevel.

I imagine someone who spends every day stat farming for good pvp stats, could change to energy/stamina, autolevel a bunch, then switch back...

Fritz
2nd January 2011, 02:14
You could always build a neutral character like i did, see how the game goes and act accordingly. Works in every game.

Trinity
2nd January 2011, 02:18
You could always build a neutral character like i did, see how the game goes and act accordingly. Works in every game.

I agree completely, one of the things that makes a great player in any game, is the ability to adapt to any changes. =)

Kaysersoze
11th February 2011, 06:34
in my personal opinion, i think its a good idea, i see 3 ways for build your character:

1.- Quester - Spend all stats in Energy
2.- Raiders - Spend all stats in Stamina
3.- PVP (offensive or defensives) - Spend stats in Attack or Defense

as SeanC said, maybe in some time we game can be bored because u spend all in for example stamina for be just RAIDER characte, and if we want to be PVPers, its a good idea spend points for a reajust of stat points, of course without lose stat points crafted xD, it think will be good cuz the oportunity for make diferent kind of achievements!!!!

sorry my english is not my main language xD

CHEEEEERS DotD Rulez!!!!

kalevra
11th February 2011, 09:33
I personally went with a balanced approach

1k att 1k Stam almost 1k Energy 300hp and 300ish Def

I have no trouble levelling almost daily.... and I do an effective amount of damage :D

radioactive75
11th February 2011, 16:26
I went with a somewhat balanced carachter (excluding health I only have 135 health and do not see any need for more health) I have more att then def but my energy and stamina are pretty much equal... (exluding increases due to items etc..) I find I can enjoy every aspect of the game.... I can smack raids, do quests and win at PVP....

Nav-Nav
11th February 2011, 17:50
I find I can enjoy every aspect of the game.... I can smack raids, do quests and win at PVP....

Then you're doing something right! WTG!

I only have 135 health and do not see any need for more health)

GvG used to use health to calculate Guild's over-all HP in a battle.

Mitch Manning
11th February 2011, 18:13
i like health for doing the quests on nightmare. i think i am sitting at 400 with all my equip. kalaxia on NM is a bully :(