PDA

View Full Version : With reference to "High Level Players Need More Love" in General Disccussions.

Arishok
25th December 2010, 04:57
One point I have to make.
Having said that, I do like the idea of offering the higher players a new challenge as opposed to simply creating gear for them. Maybe do something along the line of Kingdom of Loathing, and allow them to restart the entire game at a vastly increased difficulty once they have achieved something very specific?

I am not familiar with the game in question, but a thought did just occur to me.

Once a player has reached level 1000, a new quest difficulty could be unlocked.

Heroic Difficulty.
This would have higher Energy costs, say 5 times the normal increase; Requirements would be immensely greater (and not just relevent to the area - a requirement could be that you have certain magic, a specific General/Troop, or even certain Achievements);
Bosses would be way harder - 500% Health, 500% Damage;
Common Loot Drops would be slightly lower, and Epic Drops would be slightly higher.

There should also be a reward for completing a region on this difficulty, so that players have something to aim for, an item above Legendary status, but only just better - there could also be a new achievment to reflect this. Currently we have 6 Regions, so 6 items; Head, Chest, Pants, Gloves, Boots, Ring. Main Hand, Off Hand, Mount, Magic, General, Troop, Legion, could be added later with the release of new Regions.

XP gained and Requirements should reflect the level of the player and the possible Stat distribution, you would not want anyone completing this difficulty in less than a month, else they start to complain again.

Comments?

~Nago
25th December 2010, 06:13
I think this is BRILLIANT. There are SO many things that could be tweaked to offer the "big" guys a new CHALLENGE :)

Arishok
25th December 2010, 08:05
@ ~Nago. Thank you for your enthusiastic response.

I think, that if implemented, it will help players of all levels, not just those over 1000, as it will give a definate goal for everyone to achieve rather than just completing quests and then gaining AP. There could also be the option to do the same at lvl 2000.

Ronin
25th December 2010, 09:35
Consequently, they could be considered too high of a level to participate in the lower level stuff anymore, to balance it out. Though essentially, that would be the same as making DotD2.

Il Palazzo
25th December 2010, 09:39
Once a player has reached level 1000, a new quest difficulty could be unlocked.
Level is not really equal to game power, but that could be a start. Luminaries howerver are really really a minorance here, so I wonder if the game is too young to justify the cost/coding time for something like this yet :002:

Heroic Difficulty.
This would have higher Energy costs, say 5 times the normal increase; Requirements would be immensely greater (and not just relevent to the area - a requirement could be that you have certain magic, a specific General/Troop, or even certain Achievements); My favourite part of your idea
Bosses would be way harder - 500% Health, 500% Damage;
Common Loot Drops would be slightly lower, and Epic Drops would be slightly higher. Err... I'd rather have some grey flutes you know? Orange drops come to you in tons if just rough up the raid bosses a little:011:

There should also be a reward for completing a region on this difficulty, so that players have something to aim for, an item above Legendary status, but only just better - there could also be a new achievment to reflect this. Currently we have 6 Regions, so 6 items; Head, Chest, Pants, Gloves, Boots, Ring. Main Hand, Off Hand, Mount, Magic, General, Troop, Legion, could be added later with the release of new Regions. ...It'd be better to have Legendary versions of these slot as well, as the new tier would be for not so many players

XP gained and Requirements should reflect the level of the player and the possible Stat distribution, you would not want anyone completing this difficulty in less than a month, else they start to complain again. If done with balance, yes. I don't want to see a second colosseum for that, if you know what I mean :011:

Comments? Yup those in orange

Overall a nice idea :003:

Felendis
25th December 2010, 09:47
Interesting idea, wont be able to contribute much to the discussion till next week, keep it going though. :)

Arishok
25th December 2010, 10:55
@ Felendis. Thank you.
@ Il Palazzo. Thank you also. All of your comments have merit and I agree with you completely.

TitoBandito
25th December 2010, 21:13
Great minds think alike. If implemented, I want at least 1/2 the suggestion AP badge:

http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?4309-High-Level-Players-Need-More-Love&p=78204&viewfull=1#post78204

or this:

http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?2889-Game-Balance-Changes&p=43287&viewfull=1#post43287

Arishok
1st January 2011, 03:56
Bump