PDA

View Full Version : Quest/Raid Help request RSS feeds

Ronin
19th November 2010, 00:48
As the title says. I don't know if it would be viable, or even preferable, for the forums of both games to have RSS feeds available for those threads, or possibly even for threads a given user subscribes to, but I just thought I'd throw it out there and see what you thought.

Lena Gk
19th November 2010, 02:06
i enabled RSS for all forums but the issue with VBulletin RSS is that the forums need to be open for posting for the feed to work. In raid requests and Get Help requests, the forums are not open for new threads, therefore they can't be used to get the latest posts. You can view the current working RSS feeds for the forums, if you are interested, by clicking the orange RSS button on the forum tiles

Ronin
19th November 2010, 13:07
Ah, ok cool thanks :) I never noticed them there before, but I don't usually go through the main forum list. Just another case of that tree in the backyard again, lol.

So the RSS only feeds new threads, not new posts in a particular thread, I take it?

Lena Gk
19th November 2010, 15:58
Ah, ok cool thanks :) I never noticed them there before, but I don't usually go through the main forum list. Just another case of that tree in the backyard again, lol.

So the RSS only feeds new threads, not new posts in a particular thread, I take it?

exactly..at least the Vbulletin version of it.. i may be able to dig up add-ons/modifications that do this but from a search i did, i haven't found one yet. i have it on a list in case one comes my way though